View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lol....and I could point to thousands of "analysts" comments over the years for every stock in every sector....want to add them to your growing stats too?

Thought not....doesn't go with the FUD. Be nice to follow the title thread....Ya Think.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 07:31 PM
    Good grief. I don't understand how one can completely discredit TA. I am so new it's ridiculous yet last week I was pretty bang on with resistance levels and what would be the ceiling with the lack of volume. Then today I called the closing price within 7 cents. Had I been a little more on the ball I would have taken into account the end of day sell off due to profit taking which should have been a given due to the large rise today, but it was the long weekend and I was, shall we say, groggy. Guess what... all thanks to TA and all fairly accurate. No, I could not have predicted today's surge but that's because people cannot predict the news, and has been said more than a few times, news trumps TA. Well that and I'm just not that good lol. Leave it alone already. Good grief.

Oh... and because you're special and have no faith, I based my closing price today on the Bollinger Bands. Seems they may have a little more influence than you care to admit. Or was it just coincidence?
    08-05-13 07:59 PM
    Care to elaborate on why iMessage sucks? It could be just bbm meets your needs better? I am just curious because I think a lot of analysts/haters will be comparing the two IM platforms.
    I MESSAGE only works with Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    take99 and sidhuk like this.
    08-05-13 08:10 PM
    Good grief. I don't understand how one can completely discredit TA. I am so new it's ridiculous yet last week I was pretty bang on with resistance levels and what would be the ceiling with the lack of volume. Then today I called the closing price within 7 cents. Had I been a little more on the ball I would have taken into account the end of day sell off due to profit taking which should have been a given due to the large rise today, but it was the long weekend and I was, shall we say, groggy. Guess what... all thanks to TA and all fairly accurate. No, I could not have predicted today's surge but that's because people cannot predict the news, and has been said more than a few times, news trumps TA. Well that and I'm just not that good lol. Leave it alone already. Good grief.

Oh... and because you're special and have no faith, I based my closing price today on the Bollinger Bands. Seems they may have a little more influence than you care to admit. Or was it just coincidence?
    Read up on confirmation bias.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:11 PM
    Read up on confirmation bias.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not claiming to be good at it but when things get confirmed, and the hard numbers I gave were proven correct, it's hard to deny. I'm not searching for something that "could" confirm my beliefs as the numbers were proven correct, my beliefs or not.
    08-05-13 08:14 PM
  6. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Scepticism about TA requires no "specialness".

Please describe Bollinger Bands to me in a sentence. Should be no problem since you believe you are able to use these to predict the future quite accurately.

Let's keep it extra simple. 20 day 2 sigma.
    08-05-13 08:20 PM
    I'm not claiming to be good at it but when things get confirmed, and the hard numbers I gave were proven correct, it's hard to deny. I'm not searching for something that "could" confirm my beliefs as the numbers were proven correct, my beliefs or not.
    Confirmation bias simply means that people remember positive outcomes more than negative.

If you do TA for a month and don't keep a record, you may think you were right 75% of the time when in reality it is more likely to be 50%.

Keep a record and report back.

Don't take it personally.... I just think one should track their results and have metrics to determine success rates.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 08:23 PM
    Seeing as you seem so very learned, I don't think you need any sort of explanation. Stop being so pompous.
    08-05-13 08:23 PM
    Confirmation bias simply means that people remember positive outcomes more than negative.

If you do TA for a month and don't keep a record, you may think you were right 75% of the time when in reality it is more likely to be 50%.

Keep a record and report back.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough but for the record, I'm not pontificating any sort of talent, just that based on what I was seeing, I gave what I believed to be correct at the time and it turned out correct.

Oh... and it's not a daily thing that I can pull off or see any limits or where it will or can go. Just on some of the extremes like today once the ball was moving, and the last week and a bit with the limit as it was a pattern that was long and strong.
    08-05-13 08:25 PM
    Fair enough but for the record, I'm not pontificating any sort of talent, just that based on what I was seeing, I gave what I believed to be correct at the time and it turned out correct.
    Ok... let's leave it at that.

Congrats on the gain.

I hope that the stock continues its run tommorrow.

In the meantime, I have to see what happens with SD earnings tomorrow after the close. Also curious about FBN which I have been watching lately.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-05-13 08:32 PM
    Ok... let's leave it at that.

Congrats on the gain.

I hope that the stock continues its run tommorrow.

In the meantime, I have to see what happens with SD earnings tomorrow after the close. Also curious about FBN which I have been watching lately.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with those two.
    08-05-13 08:41 PM
  12. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    I MESSAGE only works with Apple products.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, of course. This is a real disadvantage, especially considering Android is 80% or so of the market. The iMessage app does gracefully degrade to SMS when required though, which in some markets (lots of cheap SMS) does help a great deal. In that case, messaging with virtually anyone can take place.
    The poster that kicked this off with his "iMessage sucks" comments did say the following, though:
    "I was an iPhone user and I migrated to BBM (so did 5 other people of my extended family)."

Sounds like his main contacts were iMessage capable, but it was so execrable that bailing for BBM was the only logical choice. He has, however, failed to supply any reason beyond "iMessage sucked (my wife and I tried to like it, but it just sucked so bad)". Hardly a convincing argument.
    08-05-13 08:47 PM
  13. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Seeing as you seem so very learned, I don't think you need any sort of explanation. Stop being so pompous.
    A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed. There is no reason to get sarcastic and insulting. I won't report your behaviour since I want this thread to continue, but in the future, please try to control yourself.

Debate the ideas, not the person.
    08-05-13 08:52 PM
    He has, however, failed to supply any reason beyond "iMessage sucked (my wife and I tried to like it, but it just sucked so bad)". Hardly a convincing argument.
    LOL...
    Unlike you, I don't have the need to convince anyone about anything. I think iMessage sucks and that is all I wanted to say about it, I don't really care if you agree or not.
    Chill out man. Your iPhone is cool (I am serious, it is a gorgeous phone) and you don't really need to convince other people how good it is, we all know.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 08-05-13 at 09:20 PM.
    08-05-13 09:06 PM
    Everone has their opinion but iOS does not lack "polish" when it comes to texting.

I will bet you that we will NOT be flocking to BBM. Just hearing a Blackberry user say that iOS lacks polish is funny

Why would a iPhone user migrate to BBM?

Lol, you need to pay closer attention. Iphone owner here, never had a bbry in my life (yet). Our household also has an ipod and ipad as I have previously stated. I also said that from the look of bbm and what i have read it appears more polished than imessage and is crossplatform.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-05-13 09:22 PM
  16. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Lol, you need to pay closer attention. Iphone owner here, never had a bbry in my life (yet). Our household also has an ipod and ipad as I have previously stated. I also said that from the look of bbm and what i have read it appears more polished than imessage and is crossplatform.
    It is cross platform? Really? Cool, let's BBM.

Oh wait...

Edit: Since LOLs seem to carry weight around here. ROTFLMAO
    08-05-13 09:27 PM
    Anyone else curios to see if Samsung/Apple will somehow help promote BBM?
    08-05-13 09:31 PM
    Anyone else curios to see if Samsung/Apple will somehow help promote BBM?
    I doubt they will nor do I think they should. To them it's just another messaging app. It's totally in BB's court to do that one.
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    08-05-13 09:33 PM
    I'd like to remind people of the ignore user feature.

That is all.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:33 PM
    Really ? A whole day on imessage, and when a couple of people comment on the SP and their attempts at TA they get called out ???? Isn't the point of this thread to discuss bbry and support BlackBerry.

Another couple days of this and i'm gone.

And don't bother replying to this post because I don't care what you have to say.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-05-13 09:35 PM
    68 percent confidence level? Silly americans...

Scepticism about TA requires no "specialness".

Please describe Bollinger Bands to me in a sentence. Should be no problem since you believe you are able to use these to predict the future quite accurately.

Let's keep it extra simple. 20 day 2 sigma.
    08-05-13 09:35 PM
    And i'mcaught up after a day on the lake. And here I thought the thread had turned a corner...,I need another beer....
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    08-05-13 09:39 PM
    Really ? A whole day on imessage, and when a couple of people comment on the SP and their attempts at TA they get called out ???? Isn't the point of this thread to discuss bbry and support BlackBerry.

Another couple days of this and i'm gone.

And don't bother replying to this post because I don't care what you have to say.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    I am amazed with TA. At first, it seemed illogical to me how TA could work, but now I think that it might be a case of art imitating life and life imitating art by computers using similar parameters for their trading decisions.
    08-05-13 09:45 PM
    Great day all!

Shame Morgan8 missed the breakout by a whole trading day. :P

Also, CJ has been on point this whole week. Found the moving average that was the resistance and we could all watch it bump it's head along it all week. Kudos! And thanks!

Here's to more recognizing the valuation that we see and one of the many potential catalysts taking us there as the year progresses!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 09:47 PM
  25. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    68 percent confidence level? Silly americans...
    2 sigma. Try 95 CI
    08-05-13 10:08 PM
113,251 ... 16531654165516561657 ...