View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I guess a lot of people are missing this "endorsement" by Samsung.
    These statements underline the vale of BBM, and speak volumes about the potential, especially when they come from a "giant" like Samsung......

As such, bringing a top tier messaging service such as BBM is another way that we are expanding the catalogue of our messaging services and offering customers an amazing way to stay instantly connected with colleagues, friends and family.?

BBM provides one of the best and most robust mobile messaging experiences today. BBM has always set the standard for mobile instant messaging and we are thrilled to bring this experience to Samsung customers across Africa,? said Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President BBM at BlackBerry. ?BBM is loved by people who rely on fast, trusted messaging, along with the immediacy that our delivered and read statuses bring. Samsung customers will soon join the BBM nation in its love of the ?D? and ?R? notifications.?
    08-05-13 11:49 AM
    And BTW before I get accused of being a liar, I'm STOKED the stock is up 10% today.

I probably own more shares than most people on this board. I lost a ton of money when the stock crashed about 2 months ago so obviously anything that brings me back to my average share price of 12.65 will make me incredibly happy.

I just don't like to just pretend certain things will make the stock go up and I certainly don't like when things are said and don't have any facts to back them up.

Proof I own shares:
    http://cl.ly/image/1r1n0n1i1B10
    08-05-13 11:52 AM
    Trading account finally sorted. Bought at $9.84, let's see what happens LOL
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 11:59 AM
    9.84 ???
    08-05-13 12:01 PM
    9.84 ???
    Oops

that includes the transaction fee...
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 12:06 PM
    I find it irresponsible that nobody from BB has come out and made a statement when the stock price is up 9%. There are no reasons for the surge just speculations and I think the company should've come out with a statement.
    08-05-13 12:13 PM
    I find it irresponsible that nobody from BB has come out and made a statement when the stock price is up 9%. There are no reasons for the surge just speculations and I think the company should've come out with a statement.
    Really? They're to come and make a statement every time the stock surges? How about when it drops? Does every other company? Is there a need to? The fact that it's severely undervalued is reason enough in my opinion. I'm curious as to how the lack of statement is irresponsible.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, leafs123, JGuez55 and 7 others like this.
    08-05-13 12:22 PM
    Which trade company are you dealing with? I'm with Questrade and so far I like it. $5/trade if I recall right.
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 12:26 PM
    My android friend just bought a Q10. Another convert.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:27 PM
    I find comments like these irresponsible.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:30 PM
    I can't help but worry about Mikou and his short position. I would assume he's still holding it.
    08-05-13 12:34 PM
    we riding that bull today

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 12:47 PM
    Hope all Canadians are having a nice holiday today. Toronto exchange closed. BB.TO over $10 CAD otherwise.
    08-05-13 12:49 PM
    Hope we can test and break the HOD.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    08-05-13 12:50 PM
    Which trade company are you dealing with? I'm with Questrade and so far I like it. $5/trade if I recall right.
    I'm in the UK so using Halifax. First trade with them so trying to figure out their online system. Bought 77 shares for �498.58 (including fees) then have to "convert it to $$'s. The indicative Buy FX Rate was 1.51 so I "think" I paid about $9.78 per share... My purchase was for 77 shares at "best price" when I put the order in.
    08-05-13 12:51 PM
    Shouldn't we have a $10... beer?
    MORE COWBELL !! !

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:51 PM
    I'm in the UK so using Halifax. First trade with them so trying to figure out their online system. Bought 77 shares for �498.58 (including fees) then have to "convert it to $$'s. The indicative Buy FX Rate was 1.51 so I "think" I paid about $9.78 per share... My purchase was for 77 shares at "best price" when I put the order in.
    Well, while you might want to optimize your next trades, being in the high 9s today is still a better position than most of us !
    So, welcome to the StockBerrians' tribe !
    P.S: is this USD (NYSE:BBRY) or $CAN (TSX:BB) ?

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:56 PM
    Company Name Listed on Market Quantity Avg Cost Per Share (p) * Latest Price (p) ** Change (p) Book Cost (�) Valuation (�) Profit/Loss
    %
    BLACKBERRY LTD COM NPV NDQ 77 647.5065 632.901 -14.61 498.58 487.33 -11.25 -2.26
    Total �487.33 �-11.25 -2.26%
    Valuation as at 18:41 on 5/8/2013
    * The average cost per share figure calculated includes all associated dealing costs
    ** The latest price is fifteen minute delayed mid price. All non-UK currencies have been converted to sterling by an indicative foreign exchange rate.
    Please note that the information on this page should not be used solely as a basis for making your investment decisions as customers may use different methods to calculate their profit/loss and these can differ from the information displayed above.
    Did you know, you can now buy and sell shares on your mobile. For more information visit our mobile trading page.

The "average cost per share" on this makes no sense to me??
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 12:59 PM
    Keep Calm, I like making money, know just don't tell nobody else

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    08-05-13 01:09 PM
    I guess a lot of people are missing this "endorsement" by Samsung.
    These statements underline the vale of BBM, and speak volumes about the potential, especially when they come from a "giant" like Samsung......

As such, bringing a top tier messaging service such as BBM is another way that we are expanding the catalogue of our messaging services and offering customers an amazing way to stay instantly connected with colleagues, friends and family.?

BBM provides one of the best and most robust mobile messaging experiences today. BBM has always set the standard for mobile instant messaging and we are thrilled to bring this experience to Samsung customers across Africa,? said Andrew Bocking, Executive Vice President BBM at BlackBerry. ?BBM is loved by people who rely on fast, trusted messaging, along with the immediacy that our delivered and read statuses bring. Samsung customers will soon join the BBM nation in its love of the ?D? and ?R? notifications.?
    Actually as someone just pointed out to me and I missed myself - this is actually pretty crafty on the part of Samsung, they are effectively saying "you don't want to buy a samsung phone because you love BBM? - don't worry here it is! now come on over!"
    BergerKing and m0de25 like this.
    08-05-13 01:11 PM
    Well, while you might want to optimize your next trades, being in the high 9s today is still a better position than most of us !
    So, welcome to the StockBerrians' tribe !
    P.S: is this USD (NYSE:BBRY) or $CAN (TSX:BB) ?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the welcome :-) You tell me if it's US or Canadian dollars?? Lol
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 01:11 PM
    If you bought today, it was on the Nasdaq and in us funds. The TSX is closed for the holiday so not an option

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, bkupris and Superfly_FR like this.
    08-05-13 01:14 PM
    Is this the new norm I wonder?

Android's latest security snafu: One-click authentication lets hackers steal passwords

BGR

August-05-13 4:58 PM GMT

Hackers have been uncovering a lot of Android security holes lately, including one vulnerability that lets hackers turn legitimate Android apps into malware and another that has given the FBI the ability to remotely flip on Android phones’ microphones to record conversations. Now IDG News, via PCWorld, reports that a security researcher at the Defcon security conference in Las Vegas this weekend showed off a new Android exploit that uses Google’s one-click authentication feature to steal users’ passwords.

As IDG News writes, Tripwire researcher Craig Young has created “a proof-of-concept rogue app that can steal weblogin tokens and send them back to an attacker who can then use them in a Web browser to impersonate a victim on Google Apps, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Voice and other Google services.” The app is able to do this by getting Android users to give it permission “to access a URL that starts with ‘weblogin’ and includes finance.google.com,” which then gives it access to the tokens it needs to log into all of the users’ Google accounts. From there, hackers can access Android users’ email, their Google Drive documents, their search history and much, much more.

Google did not respond to IDG’s request for a comment.
    rarsen, zyben and sidhuk like this.
    08-05-13 01:27 PM
    Maybe the announcement is seen as an indication that the software has been tested by Samsung. Not necessarily true but some analysts are not too smart.
    08-05-13 01:28 PM
    Japan looks like a 2 horse race. Be nice if BB had a partner there.

Panasonic to stop making new smartphones for NTT Docomo: Kyodo

Reuters

August-05-13 5:13 PM GMT

(Reuters) - Panasonic Corp has told NTT Docomo Inc it would stop supplying new smartphone models from this winter, Kyodo news service said, citing sources familiar with the matter.

Panasonic said in July that its mobile phone sales decreased sharply in the April-June quarter due partly to NTT Docomo's adoption of a new marketing strategy offering bigger discounts for smartphones made by Sony and Samsung, the two most popular models in Docomo's handset lineup.

NTT Docomo, Japan's largest mobile carrier, has said its marketing efforts this summer would be focused on two handsets made by Sony Corp's Xperia A and Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy S4.

NTT Docomo has effectively been the sole marketing channel for Panasonic's smartphones. The supply halt means that Panasonic will stop developing new smartphones, the news wire said.

Panasonic will continue smartphone production at its Malaysian factory for the time being, but will discontinue the operation if NTT Docomo stops placing orders for its smartphones, the sources said, Kyodo reported.

Panasonic's cellphone segment booked a group operating loss of 5.4 billion yen in the April-June period, the report said.
    08-05-13 01:36 PM
113,256 ... 16491650165116521653 ...