View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OK there is obviously good news in the pipe. A stock doesn't rise 10 percent just for the sake of it.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Korepab and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 10:56 AM
    I'm gonna guess that the Samsung/BBM thing is the reason here. Maybe some are hoping that this could lead to a greater partnership down the road.
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 10:59 AM
    Interesting...

I'm still hoping that Q2 has surprise profits (even if small)...
    08-05-13 11:00 AM
    I think it's sales figures. BBM/Samsung was a given since it's coming out for Android and Apple. The leaked images is too much of a stretch. They were leaked weeks ago. Videos too.

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    08-05-13 11:02 AM
    I think it's sales figures. BBM/Samsung was a given since it's coming out for Android and Apple. The leaked images is too much of a stretch. They were leaked weeks ago. Videos too.

Posted via CB10
    What sales figures?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:04 AM
    What sales figures?
    Insiders know how the Q and Z are selling. They always buy before the general public finds out. That's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:10 AM
    Insiders know how the Q and Z are selling. They always buy before the general public finds out. That's just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    You know this....how again? That would be considered insider trading.

Hasn't stopped people in the past, just find it odd that you seem so confident that's what it is.
    08-05-13 11:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Please...

Just stop.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    08-05-13 11:15 AM
    You know this....how again? That would be considered insider trading.

Hasn't stopped people in the past, just find it odd that you seem so confident that's what it is.
    I follow the stock daily. It just doesn't rise 10 percent for the hell of it. I don't see any other catalyst for a drastic increase in the SP other than sales. Again, I don't know this for a fact as I said it's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:15 AM
    This is 100% a small rally on the Samsung/BBM partnership news.

Anyone who thinks it's anything else needs to stop drinking their Kool-Aid.
    08-05-13 11:16 AM
    I follow the stock daily. It just doesn't rise 10 percent for the hell of it. I don't see any other catalyst for a drastic increase in the SP other than sales. Again, I don't know this for a fact as I said it's my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I watch it too, I own a ton of shares. Just curious what makes you think that is all.

I have zero clue what it is since there's no hints of anything. The Samsung BBM thing doesn't make it go up 10% IMO and there's no other rumors out there so was wondering where you got the sales being good idea from.
    08-05-13 11:19 AM
    Agree with you!
    QUOTE=Nindia;8954734]This is 100% a small rally on the Samsung/BBM partnership news.

Anyone who thinks it's anything else needs to stop drinking their Kool-Aid.[/QUOTE]
    08-05-13 11:20 AM
    I watch it too, I own a ton of shares. Just curious what makes you think that is all.

I have zero clue what it is since there's no hints of anything. The Samsung BBM thing doesn't make it go up 10% IMO and there's no other rumors out there so was wondering where you got the sales being good idea from.
    Considering Samsung sells more smartphones than anyone else on the planet, WHY would the partnership NOT cause a rally?
    morganplus8, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 11:21 AM
    If it truly is the samsung/bbm news release then imagine what happens when a positive release of sales figures can do. Whatever the true reason is I'll happily accept it and drink my beer.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:22 AM
    Considering Samsung sells more smartphones than anyone else on the planet, WHY would the partnership NOT cause a rally?
    Because BBM was known to be on android months ago. We all know samsung sells the most android phones. The only thing on this PR that is interesting is the marketing partnership.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:23 AM
    A. We've known BBM was coming to Android for some time.

B. Everything I read on this partnership is about it being only in Africa. This isn't some huge announcement like "BBM will be on every Galaxy device shipped". The way it's currently worded/structured is that it is only for Africa.

Did you read the press release? That doesn't scream "10% jump in stock price" to me. Especially since we don't know if this is even going to be monetized.
    08-05-13 11:27 AM
    Because BBM was known to be on android months ago. We all know samsung sells the most android phones. The only thing on this PR that is interesting is the marketing partnership.

Posted via CB10
    When it comes to RIM/BlackBerry, NOTHING is true until it's an official press release. lol

Now that this partnership is legitimized it is reflecting it's value in the share price. There is no other reason...
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:27 AM
    A. We've known BBM was coming to Android for some time.

B. Everything I read on this partnership is about it being only in Africa. This isn't some huge announcement like "BBM will be on every Galaxy device shipped". The way it's currently worded/structured is that it is only for Africa.

Did you read the press release? That doesn't scream "10% jump in stock price" to me. Especially since we don't know if this is even going to be monetized.
    WhatsApp is valued at $10/user. 100m users brings its valuation to $1b.

I don't care how it's going to be monetized right now, as long as BBM is accumulating users on their services, it doesn't matter through which service it comes from. With BBM channels looking promising and as a shareholder, I'd like to see BBM on every mobile (and desktop) operating system in the next year.
    FastLane228 and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 11:29 AM
    Maybe, up until this point, the market has believed cross-platform BBM to be vapor-ware, and had no confidence it would be released anytime soon. A viewpoint like, "we're going to believe it when we see it". In that case, the Samsung / BBM announcement would be solid evidence that BBM is moving forward as BlackBerry says...
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:34 AM

I don't care how it's going to be monetized right now, as long as BBM is accumulating users on their services, it doesn't matter through which service it comes from. With BBM channels looking promising and as a shareholder, I'd like to see BBM on every mobile (and desktop) operating system in the next year.

Yes but that's it's value as a stand alone company which is partly measured on some vague idea of potential - it never works the same way for established companies - which is why often there is a rush for such companies to get an IPO out of the way before they reveal they actually make no money...

Having said that, overall this is good news and fits with my own theory that internally BBRY realises that they are dead in the water as a handset OEM and they are managing the decline as best as possible why trying to grow the services side as quickly as possible as something completely independent of BB10 and BBOS.
    Kid Vibe and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 11:35 AM
    This is 100% a small rally on the Samsung/BBM partnership news.

Anyone who thinks it's anything else needs to stop drinking their Kool-Aid.
    This can't only be the Samsung news. This kind of news does not create a $500 million change in market cap. The press release doesn't even say that BBM will be preloaded, it just says that it will be available in Google and Samsung Stores. How is that big news?

Posted via CB10
    JGuez55, peter9477 and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 11:36 AM
    When you say Samsung/BBM partnership rumors, are you referring to the companies merging or just the fact that BBM is heading on Android?
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:37 AM
    When you say Samsung/BBM partnership rumors, are you referring to the companies merging or just the fact that BBM is heading on Android?
    Im pretty sure he means BBM on Android. No news of Samsung and BB merging..
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 11:42 AM

Do you enjoy just making **** up? The latest value on Whatsapp was 1 billion so you're correct there but how about telling the correct number of people using it so you don't inflate the value of a user. There's 250 million users on Whatsapp as of June 2013.

WhatsApp Surpasses 250 Million Active Users - Digits - WSJ

That comes out to $4 a user, 60% less than what you claim. This completely make your point invalid because everything you just believed was making the stock go up was worth a lot less.

I bet when you made the claim the first time that it was because of this Samsung/BBM deal that you had no idea it was limited to Africa.

In addition to this you've failed to explain how this is actually news. We've known for some time that BBM was coming to Android. That is not news at all. Samsung being a support will help get it out there more but it doesn't guarantee **** nor does it push the stock price up 10% IMO.

Edit:

Where are you reading that it's coming preloaded on the Samsung phones? Every article I've read just said it would be in the Samsung App store. So again, this doesn't guarantee any sort of success for BBM, especially when your argument is that "Samsung sells more smartphones than anyone else on the planet".
    Last edited by JGuez55; 08-05-13 at 11:59 AM.
    08-05-13 11:44 AM
    Keep in mind that the jump could be wholly related to some shorts covering on the rumour. Nothing more. Also, I fully expect it to close at, or near, the $9.65 marker. No higher. Of course that's just my opinion.

Oh, and happy Monday all

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, JGuez55, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    08-05-13 11:44 AM
113,256 ... 16481649165016511652 ...