View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    More tomorrow, my smoking hot wife is calling me upstairs. Husband duties calls. Lol I'm off tomorrow without pay again so ill check in and try to explain this again without the beer. Lol
    08-04-13 11:34 PM
    Bugmapper, everyone in the world will hear about this incredible venture. This is big. Talk to you tomorrow. Good night everyone.
    _dimi_, BergerKing, zyben and 8 others like this.
    08-04-13 11:35 PM
    Sounds similar to the original bridge function, proximity dependent?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 11:35 PM
    Sounds similar to the original bridge function, proximity dependent?

Posted via CB10
    Prolly based on geolocation from gps or cell towers.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    BergerKing, zyben and bungaboy like this.
    08-04-13 11:39 PM
    Other bad news, iOS and android bbm versions will not have video communications.

Posted via CB10
    That was pretty well expected for initial release. I'm sure they'll wanna figure some stuff out before they give out the good stuff.
    08-05-13 12:03 AM
    That was pretty well expected for initial release. I'm sure they'll wanna figure some stuff out before they give out the good stuff.
    Yep. That's been know since the original announcement !

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 12:43 AM
    This is going to be big boys... I just don't know how long until it's in effect and Wall Street knows something..
    This indeed sounds big but is there any offshoot into the consumer market? It just appears that Wall Street does care about bbry's role in the government just yet. Remember the contract with the Germany government?
    08-05-13 12:43 AM
  8. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    This indeed sounds big but is there any offshoot into the consumer market? It just appears that Wall Street does care about bbry's role in the government just yet. Remember the contract with the Germany government?
    What he is describing has been available from multiple MDM vendors for well over a year.

Here is A Symantec video from 17 months ago. Only 5 minutes and very simple. Watch it if actions triggered by geofencing interest you.
    Mobile Device Geofencing with Symantec Workflow | Symantec Connect Community
    Mobile Device Geofencing with Symantec Workflow
    -Specifically, this example was designed to "Geofence" mobile devices, i.e. to restrain mobile devices to a given location such as a retail store or a corporate board room. The Workflow process can automatically run on a schedule (e.g. every 5 minutes, every day, etc.), and if it finds that a device has strayed X number of kilometers away from the location where it is expected to be, the process would "do something" in response. That "something" might be remote wiping the mobile device, opening up a Service Desk ticket for further investigation, emailing the proper authorities with a Google Maps link showing the current device location, removing a corporate VPN policy that has been applied to that device, etc.

Here is Amtel spring 2012:
    Amtel Expands Geofencing Security for Mobile Device Management
    -Amtel�s MDM solution is based on the following components:
    Security Management including device configuration, compromised device detection, profile management, remote wipe and content management.
    -Through Amtel�s Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, geofencing allows IT administrators to set geographic boundaries that automatically activate or deactivate features and apps on mobile devices enrolled on the platform.
    Amtel Inc. | Amtel Expands Geofencing Security for Mobile Device Management

If you are more hands on, iOS has public APIs for geofencing that can trigger a wide variety of actions. Simple tutorial here:
    -Geofencing with Core Location
    Geofencing with Core Location
    08-05-13 12:57 AM
    Never thought it would be such a pain opening a trading account, now waiting for them to screen me for the money laundering stuff. Hopefully have an active account in a couple days
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 02:34 AM
    What he is describing has been available from multiple MDM vendors for well over a year.

Here is A Symantec video from 17 months ago. Only 5 minutes and very simple. Watch it if actions triggered by geofencing interest you.
    Mobile Device Geofencing with Symantec Workflow | Symantec Connect Community
    Mobile Device Geofencing with Symantec Workflow
    -Specifically, this example was designed to "Geofence" mobile devices, i.e. to restrain mobile devices to a given location such as a retail store or a corporate board room. The Workflow process can automatically run on a schedule (e.g. every 5 minutes, every day, etc.), and if it finds that a device has strayed X number of kilometers away from the location where it is expected to be, the process would "do something" in response. That "something" might be remote wiping the mobile device, opening up a Service Desk ticket for further investigation, emailing the proper authorities with a Google Maps link showing the current device location, removing a corporate VPN policy that has been applied to that device, etc.

Here is Amtel spring 2012:
    Amtel Expands Geofencing Security for Mobile Device Management
    -Amtel�s MDM solution is based on the following components:
    Security Management including device configuration, compromised device detection, profile management, remote wipe and content management.
    -Through Amtel�s Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, geofencing allows IT administrators to set geographic boundaries that automatically activate or deactivate features and apps on mobile devices enrolled on the platform.
    Amtel Inc. | Amtel Expands Geofencing Security for Mobile Device Management

If you are more hands on, iOS has public APIs for geofencing that can trigger a wide variety of actions. Simple tutorial here:
    -Geofencing with Core Location
    Geofencing with Core Location
    Something tells me it's not exactly the same thing. Could be simalar and still entirely more enhanced.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 04:43 AM
    I missed the start of this conversation - what are we actually talking about?
    08-05-13 05:06 AM
    I missed the start of this conversation - what are we actually talking about?
    Start at post #41165... Some insight as to how the US DoD will be handling their mobile security. And more importantly for us here, seems like there's a decent chance BB will play a role in some capacity.
    08-05-13 07:21 AM
    Looks good in the PM

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and m0de25 like this.
    08-05-13 08:19 AM
    General information on bogus revues of restaurants and car dealers, a reminder to also be somewhat skeptical when needed in other areas.
    Online Car Giant Sues Company Behind Thousands of Bogus User Reviews, by Skift - Skift

Have a good week all.
    08-05-13 08:46 AM
    I took a long position based on my discending triange last week... non-farm payrolls weren't horrible and price traded at 8.93... let's see where this goes.

I've got a relatively tight stop @ 8.50... the market hates gaps so lets see if we can close some of the that window.

Risking .55 cents to make $1.50-2.00.... a decent risk/reward ratio.

Happy trading folks.
    Shanerredflag and m0de25 like this.
    08-05-13 08:47 AM
    Hmm news coming out? Over 3%

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-05-13 08:56 AM
    Hmm news coming out? Over 3%

Posted via CB10
    I hope, not counting on it though. Probably just the usual jump out of the gate than a slow decline rest of the day to finish around 1% green
    08-05-13 09:03 AM
    I hope, not counting on it though. Probably just the usual jump out of the gate than a slow decline rest of the day to finish around 1% green
    Today feels different. Over 6%

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-05-13 09:06 AM
    Now 6%.... is something happening?

Posted via CB10
    I bet Morgan is a happy man right now. Acadia and BlackBerry up over 4% :-)

Posted via CB10
    6% move... somethings afoot
    08-05-13 09:09 AM
    Samsung bbm announcement?

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    08-05-13 09:27 AM
    Samsung bbm announcement?

Posted via CB10
    Was just gonna say the same thing. Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor and BergerKing like this.
    08-05-13 09:30 AM
    Not directly related to BBRY but interesting nonetheless :

"More than $1 billion was wiped out of Samsung Electronics Co.�s market value early Monday after a surprise decision by the Obama administration over the weekend to veto an import ban on some Apple Inc. products in the U.S."

Source : http://allthingsd.com/20130805/samsu...le-import-ban/
    08-05-13 09:33 AM
    Something is happening , I just hope that it is not a bs rumor on a acquisition that does not turn out to be true. I am trusting that lcjr is spot on about a pending big announcement and that today's uptick is only the beginning of strong rally.
    m0de25 and bungaboy like this.
    08-05-13 09:42 AM
113,256 ... 16461647164816491650 ...