View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    On the pinky finger of my co-worker? Or the glass.... Not sure what an "Iron Ring" is referencing. AAha
    Pinky finger. Engineer's Iron Ring.
    morganplus8, peter9477 and rarsen like this.
    08-02-13 10:47 AM
    Where have we heard this before?

Motorola's Pricing Mistake
    Motorola is pricing the Moto X at $199 with contract or $575 without � even though it ships with an old version of the Android OS. This is the price level of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the new iPhone that will introduce a major software upgrade. Trying to explain the pricing of the Moto X with wood veneers and a camera that is activated by a wrist flick will be an epic challenge.

I cannot remember the last time a phone with an old version of an operating system and one year old display technology was priced at luxury level and had a successful debut. Has that ever happened?

Motorola's Pricing Mistake - Forbes
    08-02-13 10:48 AM
    Of course, no mention of BBRY_QNX, and not the most in depth article but good to see some recognised potential weakness from Apple in that area (sorry in advance Greg) I hope BB really catches on here, now especially with the sweet Porsche Design!

Apple iOS 7: Cars won’t adopt iOS 7 or Siri | BGR
    I trust Apple will survive. You people are dwelling on QNX as your savior, but then I guess you have little choice.

I will also bet the the cross platform BBM/Channels will do little. Apple's messaging system works well and it works "all the time".

The Porshe Design sounds promising but it will not pull BB out of the hole at its cost..

BUT, the stock is doing rather well today!
    08-02-13 10:52 AM
    I trust Apple will survive. You people are dwelling on QNX as your savior, but then I guess you have little choice.

I will also bet the the cross platform BBM/Channels will do little. Apple's messaging system works well and it works "all the time".

The Porshe Design sounds promising but it will not pull BB out of the hole at its cost..

We need you to make another one of your big purchases to push this over the $8.90 mark!
    08-02-13 10:57 AM
    We need you to make another one of your big purchases to push this over the $8.90 mark!
    I will be buying more, but not yet.

Happy Friday!
    lcjr likes this.
    08-02-13 11:03 AM
    Pinky finger. Engineer's Iron Ring.
    Is the iron really from a collapsed bridge?
    My engineering friends told the stories, but I was never sure if that was real or not.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-13 11:03 AM
    Oh, no question they will survive but nothing wrong seeing Apple stumble out of this particular gate, while BBRY at least has a solid building block with some real potential. Now, if only BBRY actually puts one tangible step forward here...
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    08-02-13 11:05 AM

Sounds reasonable to me, but do you think will be Apple's savior?
    08-02-13 11:06 AM

Apple messaging system never has problems?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-13 11:11 AM
    Is the iron really from a collapsed bridge?
    My engineering friends told the stories, but I was never sure if that was real or not.
    That's the story. A reminder not to mess up!

Some Stock Analysts would have to wear a steel bucket over their heads.
    08-02-13 11:12 AM
    08-02-13 11:12 AM
    Apple should face punishing ban over e-book pricing: U.S. DOJ

New York — Reuters

Published Friday, Aug. 02 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
    Last updated Friday, Aug. 02 2013, 10:39 AM EDT

Apple Inc. deserves a five-year ban from entering anti-competitive e-book distribution contracts and should end its business arrangements with five major publishers with which it conspired to raise e-book prices, federal and state regulators said on Friday.
    Apple should face punishing ban over e-book pricing: U.S. DOJ - The Globe and Mail
    lcjr and morganplus8 like this.
    08-02-13 11:14 AM
    I will be buying more, but not yet.

Happy Friday!
    Soon I hope. LoL
    08-02-13 11:15 AM
    Sounds reasonable to me, but do you think will be Apple's savior?
    Do you really think Apple needs a savior?
    08-02-13 11:21 AM
    LOL! A little money to the DOJ and DNC and all will be good. It is all about money
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-13 11:23 AM
    Soon I hope. LoL
    When is the next ER?
    08-02-13 11:25 AM
    Will buy it!!!
    Will it be a BB10 device?
    08-02-13 11:26 AM
    That's the story. A reminder not to mess up!

Some Stock Analysts would have to wear a steel bucket over their heads.
    Funny thing about that photo and pinky ring - it's actually my co-workers wedding band except his hand got too fat so he shifted finger for his ring.

Had quite the laugh last night about that.

Oh good times.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-02-13 11:27 AM
    LinkedIn = BUBBLE
    Buy an overvalued stock, and hope to sell it being even more overvalued!

Yes, it is insanity. Like the dot.com bubble all over again. Zillow almost at a $3B valuation??? LOL!

With the price spike in LinkdIn this morning, now trading at 900x earnings, the rise in Facebook shares and the recent excitement over mobile advertising coupled with short covering and the pending wide release of BBM, I offer you this:

Cramer: Is It Insanity? - TheStreet
    Last edited by fedakd; 08-02-13 at 11:41 AM.
    bungaboy and W Hoa like this.
    08-02-13 11:28 AM
    Did someone say imessage? It really is quite a basic system, can't tell if your message has been received or read, have to launch a separate app for facetime etc, not cross platform, I could go on. Also, my neighbor and I both have iphones and when we have tried texting it takes an hour and a half on average for imessage to send it through.
    From what I've seen of bbm, it looks a lot more polished and friendly, hopefully that translates over to the ios version. I will definitely be downloading it when it drops this summer, I'll let you know how it is.
    08-02-13 11:29 AM
    Definitely, and it's full touchscreen
    08-02-13 11:30 AM
    Apple messaging system never has problems?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I am sure they have but not from what I have noticed in trhe last few years.

At least I have not been aware of like having a whole country, like India go down, but then Apple is not very popular there.
    08-02-13 11:31 AM
    I think so
    08-02-13 11:36 AM
    Did someone say imessage? It really is quite a basic system, can't tell if your message has been received or read, have to launch a separate app for facetime etc, not cross platform, I could go on. Also, my neighbor and I both have iphones and when we have tried texting it takes an hour and a half on average for imessage to send it through.
    From what I've seen of bbm, it looks a lot more polished and friendly, hopefully that translates over to the ios version. I will definitely be downloading it when it drops this summer, I'll let you know how it is.
    I can confirm in less than a few seconds when I txt someone on another iPhone, it says "Delivered" almost instantly where I do business. As far as facetime, I get no one in business that really wants to bother. If it is taking over a hour for you and your neighbor's iPhone, I would say it was a carrier thing, you must have Sprintz

I remember BBM and it worked well. I just cant see Apple people flocking to use it. You may get more from the Android platform.

How much ($$$) will Blackberry make from each user who goes to BBM
    08-02-13 11:38 AM
    I think so
    You don't sound too sure, lol. No way have they made an expensive, high-end 0s7 full touch.
    08-02-13 11:41 AM
113,251 ... 16391640164116421643 ...