View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Cgk, I am not an enterprise customer and I care about security.

Such sweeping generalisations...

Interesting to see how this pans out. I'm starting to see a pattern with the posting here...

Posted via CB10
    When the stock rises the noise falls you mean?
    08-01-13 05:05 PM
    Stay calm boys......the intent is obvious
    08-01-13 05:12 PM
    My screen is getting all grey again. The noise is hurting my head. Is there some repellent?

Stop feeding and quoting PLEASE!

Their objective is to kill this thread|

Thanks.

Made a nickel a share today BB-TSX.
    08-01-13 05:13 PM
    The most interesting thing about this phone is that it is US only and it's only real aim is to build share in the US - it doesn't appeal to me but if the marketing budget of $500 million is true I would expect to see it dent sales of anything else at same price.

The eh... X about this phone is that the younger generation might be willing to pay for the colour choices but I have no real clue about that sort of thing...
    Not US only. It will be sold in Canada exclusive for just one carrier.

Posted via CB10
    cgk likes this.
    08-01-13 05:18 PM
    I got in at 650 it's in my interests for the stock to go as high as possible. As for the generalisation - as frank used to say 'use your mentality, come back to reality' - sales tell us the value of security in the current market place.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

The people who care about security will stick to Blackberry, and the ones who want to join hop on. But for the rest of the world that doesnt give a crap about security like yourself, it seems, will just download BBM on your phone. It's probably the closest you can get to security. Mean while, I'll be enjoying my android apps on 10.2 and still getting that security that I care about. I don't even need it for enterprise. So quit that rant. It's trying to be a phone for everyone. Not just for business, and government workers, so chill. Let people who ain't experienced security try it. Stop degrading. Who cares about the market. The market wont show right away how great they're doing. It might as soon as it launches, but if it is stable then we might actually see real rises. This is a long run move, that they can afford to make. As for their sales, they probably wont sell toooo much, but then again they will produce just about enough, this will allow them to keep pushing to next quarter or the one after that. And having a following. They don't need to make huge orders on their phones. But with BBM coming with will hopefully allow for them to capture some people who might want the real deal on BBM for iOS or Android.
    Like if you agree.
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 08-01-13 at 11:54 PM.
    08-01-13 05:24 PM
    Not US only. It will be sold in Canada exclusive for just one carrier.

Posted via CB10
    South America Too

Regards
    08-01-13 05:25 PM
  7. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    My screen is getting all grey again. The noise is hurting my head. Is there some repellent?

Made a nickel a share today BB-TSX.
    So... Let me get this straight. In your mind:
    -when BBRY goes down 5 dollars it is no big deal. It is just a 'paper loss'. You are super long etc.
    -when BBRY goes up 5 cents it is time to brag here about what you "made"?
    08-01-13 05:26 PM
    Like if you agree.
    A little desperate to be liked? Begging isn't a cool thing.
    08-01-13 05:28 PM
    A little desperate to be liked? Begging isn't a cool thing.
    It caught your eagle eyes didn't it?
    08-01-13 05:34 PM
    Wildcard:
    - Fairfax ER Conference Call on August 2, Thursday, at 8:00 EDT.
    Forget Fairfax IMO ---> Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited: Second Quarter Financial Results - Yahoo! Finance Big Loss Come From Hedging for BBRY (Short Market & New High Today) )& BBRY itself.

Regards
    08-01-13 05:37 PM
    Well I certainly feel better.....thank you mods!
    08-01-13 05:53 PM
    Interesting about FFH's unrealized losses of $64 million in equities. BBRY is a part of that. I have a hunch that Prem sold a bunch some tiime before the earnings report.
    08-01-13 05:55 PM
    Thanks for your restraint and cooperation, folks. Y'all did much better today.
    08-01-13 05:56 PM
    Yay! We got a gold star.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-01-13 05:59 PM
    Woo hoo I wonder what the new persona will be.
    08-01-13 06:01 PM
    Yay! We got a gold star.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-stars-glitters-8.jpg
    08-01-13 06:02 PM
    Curious on you guys' thoughts on this:

Best Buy US:

Verizon: Z10 is 18th and 27th (white and black)
    AT & T: Z10 is 11th
    T-Mobile: Z10 is 11th

The Q10 shows up nowhere with the carriers. It only shows up on the unlocked. The Z10 and Q10, unlocked, are 6th and 20th, respectively, out of 192 phones.
    Dudsal, you've dug up some interesting info lately. Where did you get these rankings from??

This info appears to conflict with the 0.1% sales at Verizon also being discussed here. Perhaps one includes enterprise and one doesn't?

It seems difficult to get good market share info. The Kantar report seem legit to me, particularly with the small increase in BBRY over the three months since the Z10's release. This would make sense.

Overall, I think that we need to wait a bit longer to confirm market share because there are some very mixed signals right now.

Hmmmmm.
    take99 likes this.
    08-01-13 06:04 PM
    Thank you BK. We all appreciate it. We also know that we need to practice constraint as tough as it is at times.
    08-01-13 06:04 PM
    Thank you BK. We all appreciate it. We also know that we need to practice constraint as tough as it is at times.
    Don't celebrate prematurely, and a couple of posts went bye because they can be misconstrued. Lets not give people a reason to start more trouble.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-01-13 06:29 PM
    Don't celebrate prematurely, and a couple of posts went bye because they can be misconstrued. Lets not give people a reason to start more trouble.
    Ya... saw that but I think they were misunderstood. The way I perceived it was to muzzle me for restraint... lol. Not the, in my opinion, ones at fault. Sorry if it was mixed in intention.
    lcjr likes this.
    08-01-13 06:35 PM
    Dudsal, you've dug up some interesting info lately. Where did you get these rankings from??

This info appears to conflict with the 0.1% sales at Verizon also being discussed here. Perhaps one includes enterprise and one doesn't?

It seems difficult to get good market share info. The Kantar report seem legit to me, particularly with the small increase in BBRY over the three months since the Z10's release. This would make sense.

Overall, I think that we need to wait a bit longer to confirm market share because there are some very mixed signals right now.

Hmmmmm.
    I dug around some more and realized that you got this info from Bestbuy.com. Interesting!!

According to the "best selling" ranking on bestbuy.com, Blackberry is doing just fine.

Considering how many Iphones and Galaxies they are selling it is no wonder that Best Buy would like to sell more Blackberries. It helps to round out their product line-up.
    08-01-13 06:36 PM
    Is there a thread somewhere that we can just post random flaming comments to get them out of our system? :P
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    08-01-13 06:37 PM
    I am trying to understand what is the point you want to make we are happy here no matter which direction the stock goes so if that's does please you I truly believe it in your best interest to create a thread on this site and see if we will post there, and please enjoy it.
    So... Let me get this straight. In your mind:
    -when BBRY goes down 5 dollars it is no big deal. It is just a 'paper loss'. You are super long etc.
    -when BBRY goes up 5 cents it is time to brag here about what you "made"?
    08-01-13 06:37 PM
    Is there a thread somewhere that we can just post random flaming comments to get them out of our system? :P
    Ummmm..... start one? Expect it to be shut down quickly though. Things can get heated pretty darn quick around here, myself included. At the same time, go visit any "pro BB" thread if you want your fill...
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    08-01-13 06:40 PM
    I am trying to understand what is the point you want to make we are happy here no matter which direction the stock goes so if that's does please you I truly believe it in your best interest to create a thread on this site and see if we will post there, and please enjoy it.
    He's gone dude. And with that said, please don't respond to posts like this. It feeds them and perpetuates their purpose.
    08-01-13 06:41 PM
113,256 ... 16331634163516361637 ...