View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I apologize and guess I need to make it even longer between visits.

Just seems like many are just searching the Internet for crap to post instead of talking about Blackberry.

Sorry, the landscape has changed so much I no longer recognize it.
    Yeah, things have changed a bit. I would guess there are fewer day traders around here now. BBRY is not moving much so there is little to do except look for signs of change on the interweb. TA is showing us what our boundaries are, but there is no real action so we wait...

Am I off base?
    08-01-13 02:24 PM
    When is that? I thought it was today?
    Aug 2, 2013 8:30 a.m. is the conference call. August 1, 4 p.m. is the ER release.
    bungaboy, Bugmapper and Kid Vibe like this.
    08-01-13 02:25 PM
    That's about the size of it Bugmapper. We're just waiting for that piece that takes us back to at least $16.
    08-01-13 02:27 PM
    My purpose is not to attack a specific company, but any possibility to hack in one minute should be serious reason for concern. When comparing Enterprise Security options, we should not automatically presume that everyone is equally secure. For some it is not important and for others it is the prime reason for going to certain brands, I let the buyer choose his tolerance to risk be it stock financials or smartphone brand selection. And now back to the reason we are all mainly here, seeing the increase of the BBRY share.

rarsen
    Attacking Apple will not help Blackberry.

I would be willing to bet that BB10 devices could also be hacked.

If our government can do it, you can bet that others could too.
    08-01-13 02:35 PM
    Lots of positives today for BB... I'm sure by Sept/Oct we will have a good idea of how many Fortune 500 companies have hopped on the BES10...
    08-01-13 02:39 PM
    Lots of positives today for BB... I'm sure by Sept/Oct we will have a good idea of how many Fortune 500 companies have hopped on the BES10...
    Yep, I'm guessing September ER we'll have a clue and December ER we'll know whether to stay or go. JMHO.
    08-01-13 02:41 PM
    Interestingly, the tech experts or whatever you wanna call them, are sort of accepting what Motorola said about the MotoX. Basically they do not care about the specs of a device, rather it is the experience. Isn't this what BB has been saying about not getting into the specs race? Isn't the experience more important?
    08-01-13 02:48 PM
  8. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    I looked so forward to SNL. I remember leaving a bar to find another that would have it on their TV!
    If you are bar hopping looking for your favourite TV show, you're doing it wrong :-)
    08-01-13 02:56 PM
    Interestingly, the tech experts or whatever you wanna call them, are sort of accepting what Motorola said about the MotoX. Basically they do not care about the specs of a device, rather it is the experience. Isn't this what BB has been saying about not getting into the specs race? Isn't the experience more important?
    That's why I'm waiting for the A10 to hit the shelves. Right now I'm seeing Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 3 specs being compared to other devices, but how will that device stack up to BB's security and "experience"?
    08-01-13 02:57 PM
    Remember "Homey the Clown"? lol
    its kinda like the stock...

"Homie the clown,
    don't mess around,
    but all those men..
    try to keep him down."
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 03:05 PM
    Interesting day. Both high and lows, with resistance and support, flexing their muscles. Time for a tasty cold, golden beverage.
    lcjr, StormieTwo, dusdal and 5 others like this.
    08-01-13 03:11 PM
    Interesting day. Both high and lows, with resistance and support, flexing their muscles. Time for a tasty cold, golden beverage.
    You may have the jump on me CJ, but I'll be in the pool later holding my beer. lol Have a relaxing afternoon man!
    Compaqee, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 03:16 PM
  13. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Just thinking a bit more about those Verizon sales:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-kantor_os_shares.jpg

BBRY at 0.1%. One sale per thousand. I can't see how any management team could justify continuing to expend shelf space on these products. Do you? Honestly, it makes no financial sense, and in business, that is ultimately the only sense that counts.

Here's what I think will happen. As soon as contractually possible, Verizon will cease selling BBRY products. Until that time these products will be dead phones walking. No marketing beyond what is mandated by contract. No staff training or incentives. No software updates.

As Verizon is the largest smartphone carrier in the US by current sales (36.9%) discontinuation would, in my opinion, kick the stool out from under BBRY stock. Remember Mr Heins said the following on March 22:
    CEO Thorsten Heins said the company has to regain market share in the U.S. for BlackBerry to be successful. 'You got to win here to win everywhere else,' he said. 'That's just the way it is. We've lost market share quite a bit, to put it mildly, and we absolutely need BlackBerry 10 to turn us around.'
    08-01-13 03:19 PM
    Today is the twenty fourth day of downtrend. Only 8.2 million in volume, closed at $8.76. It attempted $8.90 again. It closed right at the support line of the ascending triangle; "they" know how to keep us guessing, right?

Bullish interpretation:
    Although the stock closed red today, it made a higher low, and another attempt to break $8.90 again. It has followed the ascending triangle pattern so far. Based on the action today, the parallel downtrend channel pattern is broken. The 30 minute chart action ends with a good setup for upside. MACD and stoch. RSI are ready to curve upward. RSI is pointing up, and the DMI blue line is pointing up as well.

Bearish interpretation:
    Weak volume, waiting to break $8.77 - $8.74 support tomorrow.

Wildcard:
    - Fairfax ER Conference Call on August 2, Thursday, at 8:00 EDT.
    - Wash sale theory.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-01-4.15.23-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-08-01-4.18.10-pm.jpg
    08-01-13 03:29 PM
    You people hate when someone posts an bad article about Blackberry and yet it is OK to do so about Android or Apple.

You can not have it both ways.

I am just saying that bashing another platform will not help Blackberry.

Only Blackberry can help Blackberry.
    Greg, clarification. We hate FALSE or UNTRUE articles. The true ones . . . . . we take the lumps and move forward.
    08-01-13 03:31 PM
    That's why I'm waiting for the A10 to hit the shelves. Right now I'm seeing Samsung's upcoming Galaxy Note 3 specs being compared to other devices, but how will that device stack up to BB's security and "experience"?
    It is like groundhog day here sometimes - outside of a narrow enterprise setting nobody* gives a crap about security we already know this.

* yes yes I know you do but I am talking volume.
    Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    lcjr likes this.
    08-01-13 03:31 PM
    rarsen
    Attacking Apple will not help Blackberry.

I would be willing to bet that BB10 devices could also be hacked.

If our government can do it, you can bet that others could too.
    No need to hack BB OS10 it hack itself... Thor call it a Feature that APPL don't have... ---->

BlackBerry BB10 update reportedly deleting text messages at random
    http://www.edge-runner.com/2013/07/b...ges-at-random/

Regards
    08-01-13 03:37 PM
    Curious on you guys' thoughts on this:

Best Buy US:

Verizon: Z10 is 18th and 27th (white and black)
    AT & T: Z10 is 11th
    T-Mobile: Z10 is 11th

The Q10 shows up nowhere with the carriers. It only shows up on the unlocked. The Z10 and Q10, unlocked, are 6th and 20th, respectively, out of 192 phones.

Are none of the US carriers offering Q10 on contract?

Why does the Z10 rank so much higher as an unlocked device vs on contract?
    08-01-13 03:45 PM
    Cgk, I am not an enterprise customer and I care about security.

Such sweeping generalisations...

Interesting to see how this pans out. I'm starting to see a pattern with the posting here...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 03:45 PM
    Dusdal, I think many q 10 will be bought to replace corporate bold 9900, I am not sure if this will show up there.

That is my opinion at least.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    08-01-13 03:47 PM
    @ mikhou, we have folks around several of these threads that might be able to support or refute that report. I know I read a couple of those reports as well, but would like to hear from some of the BB10 device users that may know first hand. Anyone??
    08-01-13 03:47 PM
    Just thinking a bit more about those Verizon sales:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kantor_os_shares.jpg 
Views:	713 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	188222

BBRY at 0.1%. One sale per thousand. I can't see how any management team could justify continuing to expend shelf space on these products. Do you? Honestly, it makes no financial sense, and in business, that is ultimately the only sense that counts.

Here's what I think will happen. As soon as contractually possible, Verizon will cease selling BBRY products. Until that time these products will be dead phones walking. No marketing beyond what is mandated by contract. No staff training or incentives. No software updates.
    It will never be announced that way - everyone tries to avoid publicly burning bridges - the face-saving way will be announcements of 'exclusives' with other carriers.

08-01-13 03:48 PM
  23. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    It is like groundhog day here sometimes - outside of a narrow enterprise setting nobody* gives a crap about security we already know this.

* yes yes I know you do but I am talking volume.
    This this time will be different.
    Or is it this this this time?

One of the golden investing rules:

This time is never different.
    08-01-13 03:48 PM
    @ mikhou, we have folks around several of these threads that might be able to support or refute that report. I know I read a couple of those reports as well, but would like to hear from some of the BB10 device users that may know first hand. Anyone??
    It's Official BB have Acknowledged Yesterday.

Regards
    08-01-13 03:50 PM
    Dusdal, I think many q 10 will be bought to replace corporate bold 9900, I am not sure if this will show up there.

That is my opinion at least.

Posted via CB10
    hmm. meaning you think the corporate upgrades would be outright purchases versus going with a carrier?
    08-01-13 03:50 PM
113,256 ... 16311632163316341635 ...