View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-20130801_121848_resized.jpg

Hey All,

So this photo was taken at the University of Toronto - St.George Downtown Campus. I went to speak with one of the gentleman there - pretty enlightening.

Some take-away's from this:

1) BBRY is making an effort to penetrate the youth market and fix customer perception (The van is parked in front of the largest library on campus - Robarts)

2) The gentleman was telling me they've been parking in the financial district, city hall and campuses across downtown to meet with people. Multiple frustrated users from corporate sector have approached them with questions and complaints

• The gentleman I spoke with said it was mainly - folks who were handed these at work didn't know how to navigate the hub/peek etc. even though there is a help function inside (no one likes to read these days) but once they were shown a demo they loved the phone!
    • Furthermore - these blackberry vans help set up contacts for these individuals with their BBRY help desk folks who send teams into enterprises to help train the staff on how to navigate BBRY - NEAT!

3)It seems the biggest issue with BBRY as many have sited is that there is a lack of understanding of the product because it's new and more importantly people aren't aware of the product

This has me very happy for the following reasons:

1)BBRY has recognized the issue and is actively sending out teams and squads to facilitate training and spreading the word among multiple user bases (consumer & enterprise)

2) Was not aware of the active training teams they had for enterprises - they should market this!

Hold on to your shares folks - I'm looking to enter real soon! I'm confident BBRY is going no where but up from here into the next decade.

Cheers!
    Mike

P.S - These vans are run by youthful individuals (my age roughly around mid 20's) to help the 'perception' of youth.
    Last edited by Compaqee; 08-01-13 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Easier to read.
    08-01-13 12:06 PM
    This is great: iPhone owners are vain, BlackBerry users earn more and Android users drink the most | Mail Online

BLACKBERRY USER
    Earn the most - �27, 406.69 average wage
    Industries: Finance, property and health
    Put in the least hours at work
    Make the most calls and send the most texts
    Have the most long term relationships
    Drink the most tea and coffee
    Are the most social
    Are the least punctual
    Eat out the most
    Have the most friends
    Characteristics: Loud, bubbly
    Phone horoscope? Or ad material?

Bold, 48, seeks loving, secure Curve for LTR....
    cjcampbell, lcjr, dusdal and 2 others like this.
    08-01-13 12:09 PM
    To be resolved Friday... or next week?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-1.jpg

Edit... hmmmm... how will OPEX affect?
    08-01-13 12:09 PM
    Hey Morgan. If you're planning on shorting my Facebook shares, maybe I'll just cash them in and slam that money down on BlackBerry.
    Actually, I'm not doing anything with them yet - feel free to borrow them for a short. I'm still thinking of adding to BlackBerry. Hmmm, maybe I'll cash something else in instead.
    morganplus8, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    08-01-13 12:10 PM
    I guess I should cash my FB shares before Morgan short it!?
    Hey Morgan. If you're planning on shorting my Facebook shares, maybe I'll just cash them in and slam that money down on BlackBerry.
    Actually, I'm not doing anything with them yet - feel free to borrow them for a short. I'm still thinking of adding to BlackBerry. Hmmm, maybe I'll cash something else in instead.
    08-01-13 12:14 PM
    Just wandered in and saw that from this morning. Looked at it and thought it over, then made my comments in another thread. Didn't help that they didn't supply a time frame for their survey.
    I just showed my Iphone friend a sample of the Z10's fantastic Burst Mode on the camera. His Iphone doesn't have it, or he couldn't find it. Either way, Burst Mode on the Z rules. It produces crystal clear, fantastic results. The only downside is how many pictures you have to delete when your subject does not cooperate.
    (Edit: Sorry, this reply went with the wrong quote - Problems with might IE 7 at National Defence. The forum site is all messed-up lately.)
    morganplus8, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 12:15 PM
    Looks like BBM beta is now available in the beta zone for iOS and Android. Definitely good news.

Posted via CB10
    Any idea how I can participate on the beta program?
    Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 12:24 PM
    Any idea how I can participate on the beta program?
    It's by invitation only... and the slots are all filled now.
    abouthsu, BergerKing and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 12:26 PM
    Don't want to be perceived as having a fixation on security concerns, but hacking an iPhone within 1 minute should not be too comforting:
    Researchers reveal how to hack an iPhone in 60 seconds | ZDNet

And as for the previous comment on the size of Luxemberg. Half a million in population is the whole country which is more known for its financial dealings and tax havens than its technical people. Being in the area of Engineering Standards I have some very limited dealings with them, so I have some doubts on the values of the journalist spreading some so called "expertise"...
    dusdal, _dimi_, cjcampbell and 6 others like this.
    08-01-13 12:30 PM
    Update: We just got an official comment on the beta rollout, and it turns out the it had a limited number of slots, which have all been claimed:

BlackBerry has begun internal testing of BBM on Android and iOS devices. We invited our employees to nominate friends and family to participate in a limited Android beta. Those slots are now full. For more information, please visit www.blackberry.com/bbm.
    08-01-13 12:35 PM
    I just showed my Iphone friend a sample of the Z10's fantastic Burst Mode on the camera. His Iphone doesn't have it, or he couldn't find it. Either way, Burst Mode on the Z rules. It produces crystal clear, fantastic results. The only downside is how many pictures you have to delete when your subject does not cooperate.
    (Edit: Sorry, this reply went with the wrong quote - Problems with mighty IE 7 at National Defence. The forum site is all messed-up lately.)
    08-01-13 12:42 PM
    Kevin O'Leary on CBC made a interesting observation from an investor event he went to. Basically a lot of people were rocking GS4s because they were fans of the big screen, easier to read financial reports in the morning etc. Hoping A10 helps with the screen gap. In his view anyways, FWIW, the Q10 was his daily driver for email as it is the best email machine vs others.
    08-01-13 12:46 PM
    I get a little sick reading articles like that. Let me paraphrase:

Ralf-Phillip Weinmann: "I have no idea how anyone could compromise BlackBerry 10 security. None. I see things I don't fully understand, so I'm going to raise FUD by noting that there's a logging mechanism (disabled by default), that the Balance feature (which doubtless has superb security) isn't available to non-enterprise users, and I'll also mumble some stuff about how it's "likely" things are somehow worse than iOS, though really I can't begin to think of any real exploit that might be possible here."
    Yeah... I read it, then just let it sink in a bit. After a while it seemed like he was being a bit paternalistic. How disappointed he was etc. But no actual breaches or exploits.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-01-13 12:52 PM
    DO IT!!!! I'm an INFJ. See what you are.
    I had a full test done sponsored by the University during a faulty leadership development program. It determined that I fall into ENTJ and suggested that I am in the company of Abraham Lincoln and Albert Einstein...LOL
    I told my wife that and she couldn't stop laughing

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 12:53 PM
    Well, now netmarketshare.com isn't credible either.
    Market share for browsers, operating systems and search engines | News
    Was not aware of their different methodology.... Their monthly chart makes much more sense that GS

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-new-1.jpg

Net Market Share data is an aggregation the traffic of all of our HitsLink clients, but instead of counting pageviews we count daily unique visitors. A daily unique visitor is counted only once per day per website we track, regardless of the number of pageviews the visitor has. While this may seem to greatly reduce our sample size from the billions of monthly pageviews we process to only the daily unique visitors, we do so to provide a more accurate picture of market share showing the number of users of a technology instead of the number of clicks. Counting unique visitors also renders bots designed to influence market share harmless. Counting pageviews for market share reports would be susceptible to bot attacks and inexplicable jumps in market share that don't represent the true nature of the market.
    08-01-13 01:00 PM
    I get a little sick reading articles like that. Let me paraphrase:

Ralf-Phillip Weinmann: "I have no idea how anyone could compromise BlackBerry 10 security. None. I see things I don't fully understand, so I'm going to raise FUD by noting that there's a logging mechanism (disabled by default), that the Balance feature (which doubtless has superb security) isn't available to non-enterprise users, and I'll also mumble some stuff about how it's "likely" things are somehow worse than iOS, though really I can't begin to think of any real exploit that might be possible here."
    Thanks button gone. So THANKS!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-01-13 01:20 PM
    Just wandered in and saw that from this morning. Looked at it and thought it over, then made my comments in another thread. Didn't help that they didn't supply a time frame for their survey.
    They did BK. They stated it was updated to include May 2013 data.
    08-01-13 01:23 PM
    rarsen
    Attacking Apple will not help Blackberry.

I would be willing to bet that BB10 devices could also be hacked.

If our government can do it, you can bet that others could too.
    08-01-13 01:26 PM
    Update: We just got an official comment on the beta rollout, and it turns out the it had a limited number of slots, which have all been claimed:

BlackBerry has begun internal testing of BBM on Android and iOS devices. We invited our employees to nominate friends and family to participate in a limited Android beta. Those slots are now full. For more information, please visit BBM for Android & iOS - Download BlackBerry Messenger with BBM Video & Screen Share - Canada.
    That`s what I get for not having any friends. Harumphhh!
    Bugmapper and lcjr like this.
    08-01-13 01:29 PM
    rarsen

How is providing news stories from ZDnet , etc, ``attacking`Apple``. It`s news that is in the public domain.
    08-01-13 01:34 PM
    rarsen

I agree with you, but wish that you offered the same advice to BlackBerry attacks that we saw recently.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:34 PM
    I agree with you, but wish that you offered the same advice to BlackBerry attacks that we saw recently.
    Allow me to lend a hand.

"Attacking Blackberry will not help Apple."
    08-01-13 01:39 PM
    08-01-13 01:41 PM
    Anyone care to check out SR today? (The Standard Register Company)

Only up over 400%. Never seen anything like this...
    cjcampbell, Compaqee, lcjr and 4 others like this.
    08-01-13 01:46 PM
    How is providing news stories from ZDnet , etc, ``attacking`Apple``. It`s news that is in the public domain.
    You people hate when someone posts an bad article about Blackberry and yet it is OK to do so about Android or Apple.

You can not have it both ways.

I am just saying that bashing another platform will not help Blackberry.

Only Blackberry can help Blackberry.
    08-01-13 01:46 PM
113,256 ... 16291630163116321633 ...