View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Good morning gang. Good to be back here, but not at work. lol. Lot's to catch up on. Please give me some good news regarding the SP. Looking at the charts and graphs it would seem we could go either direction here soon. Any news on BB's restructuring?
    Howdy Pal. Great to see you back. Have a Berry great day!
    cjcampbell and lcjr like this.
    08-01-13 09:19 AM
    So... If I look at the Fixmo/BB partnership, and the other article on USDA/Pentagon email system not working and put 2 and 2 together.... Does this mean that BB and Fixmo are teaming up to deal with a mess that someone else has created and they are now seeing an opportunity to fix?
    08-01-13 09:21 AM
    In celebration of lcjr coming back to the board, here's an update on the chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-1-2013-chart.jpg

For over one month, we have been moving within this wedge formation, and two days ago we broke out of it and confirmed that we are now bullish, if ever so slightly here! We are above the 5-dma and the 3-ema after closing below it for 22 days straight. Now all we need is a reason to rally here.

Note in this chart, the Bollinger Bands are tight, almost as tight as back in November 2012 and WAY oversold down here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-august-1a-2013-chart.jpg

Everything points toward a rally from here, I simply don't think we are going to go much lower than our recent lows. The volume is light, the news is slightly positive and that sets the stage for some positive movement in the stock. I'm waiting for BBM cross platform to officially launch for signs that BlackBerry is making a real comeback here.

Now, do I short Facebook while I wait?? LOL

We need to stay above the 5-dma and the 3-ema and the next real resistance is the centerline of the BB's at around $ 9.14/shr.. GL
    08-01-13 09:23 AM
    I think we're about to experience another bout of negative media in attempts to hold the SP down. Positive news regarding BB, FIXMO, and the other corporations using the BB10 platform are going to start popping up and there are still many who want/need to keep this down a bit longer. Just my opinion, but I firmly believe BB is undervalued.
    08-01-13 09:24 AM
    So... If I look at the Fixmo/BB partnership, and the other article on USDA/Pentagon email system not working and put 2 and 2 together.... Does this mean that BB and Fixmo are teaming up to deal with a mess that someone else has created and they are now seeing an opportunity to fix?
    Not sure right now. Wishful thinking for sure and would definately be an article that would shake the media. But I'm betting FIXMO and BB will be running the newly developed server we're about to hear more about.
    08-01-13 09:32 AM
    Oh FFS!!!! iStupid or what?
    Relax, BB wasn't out in the US long enough to register in their sample period. All of the phones listed came out last year or earlier. The delayed release did nothing to help in this survey.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 09:34 AM
    I have to admit up front that I was a little surprised at the release of the Q5 in Canada so soon. It made me wonder whether they had excess inventory because of poor sales in the originally targeted markets. Having said that, now for the good news ... I see traction starting to take hold although we are still very early in the game. The Cdn Diabetic Assoc was very interesting because of the cost savings they are going to realize by deploying Blackberry. Simply put, all corps and orgs love to save money and get quality at the same time. I'm calling a bottom on this. Stay away from margin! Good to see M8 and Icjr back in the loop ... stay strong you guys. Gone for a few days.
    bungaboy, take99, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    08-01-13 09:38 AM
    shhhh..... I think we're being watched lol.... jk
    08-01-13 09:38 AM
    08-01-13 09:41 AM
    shhhh..... I think we're being watched lol.... jk
    You mean other people can read this?????
    08-01-13 09:42 AM
    From what I'm looking at, resistance is currently just above us at 8.87. Disgustingly low volume to start the day though....
    Test number 1 in progress!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    08-01-13 09:44 AM
    Well, I'm not that bright. But, somebody with a secure global network attached to almost all cell networks would sure be useful in implementing this.
    08-01-13 09:50 AM
    Inside the Security Model of BlackBerry 10 | Threatpost

Ralf-Phillip Weinmann of the University of Luxenbourg not impressed with BB10 security.
    08-01-13 09:57 AM
    Relax, BB wasn't out in the US long enough to register in their sample period. All of the phones listed came out last year or earlier. The delayed release did nothing to help in this survey.
    I would have thought they would have added a footnote indicating that the new BBZ10 was just released. They used up-to-date May 2013 data for their survey. So I guess they could have included 2 months if they wanted to.

Like Apple, BlackBerry offers smart devices only, yet the company stays firmly entrenched at the bottom of the industry in customer satisfaction,” says Fornell. “This does not bode well for BlackBerry considering that smart typically outperforms feature when it comes to cell phones.”
    Update:

The smartphone brand study complements and expands the ACSI’s coverage of the cell phone industry, updated in May 2013, gauging customer satisfaction with each company’s complete array of product offerings—smartphones and feature phones
    Last edited by bungaboy; 08-01-13 at 10:40 AM.
    08-01-13 10:04 AM
    Getting poised for a run here... I think...
    lcjr, BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    08-01-13 10:13 AM
    Beer run or is the SP possibly going up soon?? lol
    08-01-13 10:16 AM
    Did my beer run yesterday...lol. I'm only speculating but I think we're going to test the highs again soon.. IF of course, buyers come in and volume picks up.

EDIT - Nevermind... :s
    lcjr likes this.
    08-01-13 10:20 AM
    We'll be in the 9s soon.
    08-01-13 10:20 AM
    This is great: iPhone owners are vain, BlackBerry users earn more and Android users drink the most | Mail Online

BLACKBERRY USER
    Earn the most - �27, 406.69 average wage
    Industries: Finance, property and health
    Put in the least hours at work
    Make the most calls and send the most texts
    Have the most long term relationships
    Drink the most tea and coffee
    Are the most social
    Are the least punctual
    Eat out the most
    Have the most friends
    Characteristics: Loud, bubbly
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    08-01-13 10:25 AM
    Wow this sounds like me except that I love Beer and Good wine.
    This is great: iPhone owners are vain, BlackBerry users earn more and Android users drink the most | Mail Online

BLACKBERRY USER
    Earn the most - �27, 406.69 average wage
    Industries: Finance, property and health
    Put in the least hours at work
    Make the most calls and send the most texts
    Have the most long term relationships
    Drink the most tea and coffee
    Are the most social
    Are the least punctual
    Eat out the most
    Have the most friends
    Characteristics: Loud, bubbly
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    08-01-13 10:32 AM
    Wow this sounds like me except that I love Beer and Good wine.
    Lol almost like me as well, but I'm punctual.
    08-01-13 10:35 AM
    Really glad you are back!!
    08-01-13 10:36 AM
    I am only punctual when it's for a fishing trip!!!
    08-01-13 10:40 AM
    Here's my type: Leverage Your Personality Type

And the link to find out your type: Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

Edit: This could influence how you invest in BB and/or other stock.
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-01-13 10:46 AM
    Are we looking at the same chart?

Sorry. Save the bell till later today!

Hope you are doing well, only a few people left from the "club"
    lcjr likes this.
    08-01-13 10:46 AM
113,256 ... 16271628162916301631 ...