1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Check out this slider concept. Looks hot:

BlackBerry 'Z15' Slider Concept
    08-01-13 07:13 AM
    Oooohh. Feels like change in the wind...

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    08-01-13 07:14 AM
    Impressed with BB. They maintained the look of BB10 on Android.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbm-android-main-screen-7ql.jpg
    08-01-13 07:26 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBM-Android-Main-Screen-7ql.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	188066
    Good when I get my kids their GS4's they will already no how to use it!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 07:33 AM
    Noticed something. There was a decline in short interest (this we know), and there seems to be (at least to me) a very noticable decline in tthe amount of news and stories about BB.

If you hit up market watch and check out the news storys and related news stories you will notice if at best a few a week are posted up about BB, where before (months and months leading up to) the ER there was a few a day.

It is way to quiet....
    08-01-13 07:49 AM
    You know, this is generally considered a bad or lazy design.

For one thing, following the exact BB10 design will probably be rejected from the App Store because it does not conform the the HIG user interface standards. Apple enforces this to protect the user experience and avoid having a mish mash of UI conventions in different apps.

In Android you notice this preference in reviews. The current convention is to use the Holo style, and apps which follow this convention are praised and rated highly. Apps that follow a Android 2.x convention, even though fully functional, are deducted points for looking "old fashioned". In the last six months, several popular apps like ES File Explorer have released new versions which refreshes the UI.
    08-01-13 07:56 AM
    Fixmo and BlackBerry Partner to Bring Sentinel Device Integrity and Tamper Detection Solution to BlackBerry 10

STERLING, Va. & WATERLOO, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fixmo, a leading provider of mobile security and risk management solutions, and BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced plans to bring the Fixmo Sentinel device integrity verification and tamper detection solution to the BlackBerry� 10 platform. Fixmo Sentinel is used today throughout the U.S. Federal Government to meet the Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) for mobile device deployments. Today’s announcement expands on a collaborative effort between Fixmo and BlackBerry that began in 2009.
    08-01-13 08:10 AM
    The Untested Mobile Security System Defense Just Bought Isn't Functioning at USDA - Nextgov.com

Technology the Pentagon acquired, without testing, to protect email and Web browsing on military-issued consumer smartphones is not working at the Agriculture Department, according to USDA officials.

In late June, the Defense Department signed a $16 million three-year deal with a trio of contractors to secure 300,000 commercial devices, including iPhones, iPads, Samsung gadgets and BlackBerry 10s. USDA late last year hired the same vendors to provide a similar type of security package.

Eight months later, Agriculture's $20 million rollout, intended to support a few thousand devices, is about a year behind schedule and not functioning as promised, according to the contract requirements and Agriculture officials.

Both projects, led by prime contractor DMI, are slated to include Fixmo email and Web browsing protection, a MobileIron "mobile device management" system and an app store, according to presentations and promotional materials. Mobile device management technology aims to prevent popular brand devices from compromising government networks and leaking information.
    08-01-13 08:18 AM
    08-01-13 08:19 AM
    The Untested Mobile Security System Defense Just Bought Isn't Functioning at USDA - Nextgov.com

Technology the Pentagon acquired, without testing, to protect email and Web browsing on military-issued consumer smartphones is not working at the Agriculture Department, according to USDA officials.

In late June, the Defense Department signed a $16 million three-year deal with a trio of contractors to secure 300,000 commercial devices, including iPhones, iPads, Samsung gadgets and BlackBerry 10s. USDA late last year hired the same vendors to provide a similar type of security package.

Eight months later, Agriculture's $20 million rollout, intended to support a few thousand devices, is about a year behind schedule and not functioning as promised, according to the contract requirements and Agriculture officials.

Both projects, led by prime contractor DMI, are slated to include Fixmo email and Web browsing protection, a MobileIron "mobile device management" system and an app store, according to presentations and promotional materials. Mobile device management technology aims to prevent popular brand devices from compromising government networks and leaking information.
    Oops.... and BB can swoop in and save the day I guess that's what they get for going with such a "cost effective" solution. Cost may have been effective but unfortunately for them, nothing else is.
    morganplus8, take99, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    08-01-13 08:21 AM

So ....if I read this correctly, they chose Mobile Iron (instead of BES 10) and can't get it to work the way they want it?

Article is confuising as they mention Blackberry (along with Apple and Samsung). I assume for the phones only? Seems dumb
    08-01-13 08:25 AM
    Isis Poised For National Rollout Later This Year

Mobile payments platform Isis announced plans to roll out its mobile wallet nationwide later this year, following pilots in Austin, Texas and Salt Lake City, Utah.

According to Isis, nearly 20 million smartphones in the U.S. market currently feature NFC technology. Thirty-five mobile devices across AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile, and Verizon Wireless currently support Isis, and the consortium expects that support for iPhone, Windows Phone and Blackberry 10 to feature the technology will be introduced later this year.
    08-01-13 08:28 AM
    So ....if I read this correctly, they chose Mobile Iron (instead of BES 10) and can't get it to work the way they want it?

Article is confuising as they mention Blackberry (along with Apple and Samsung). I assume for the phones only? Seems dumb
    DMI is a sort of middle man of sorts. They can use BES10, Mobile Iron, and others.
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    08-01-13 08:31 AM
    Cj, is 8.90 still THE number today?
    08-01-13 08:31 AM
    GULP!

08-01-13 08:33 AM
    Cj, is 8.90 still THE number today?
    From what I'm looking at, resistance is currently just above us at 8.87. Disgustingly low volume to start the day though....
    bungaboy and BlackistheBerry like this.
    08-01-13 08:39 AM
    iHack???

Apple tackles flaw that lets plug-in chargers hack iPhones

Jim Finkle
    Reuters
    Published Thursday, Aug. 01 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Aug. 01 2013, 9:02 AM EDT

Apple Inc.’s next software update for its iPhones and iPads will fix a security flaw that allows hackers to engage in spying and cyber crimes when the victim connects the device to a fake charging station, the company said on Wednesday.

Apple’s devices are vulnerable to attacks until the company releases its iOS 7 software update, which is slated for this fall.
    cjcampbell, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    08-01-13 08:57 AM
    Press Release Smartphone Brands 2013 - American Customer Satisfaction Index

“Like Apple, BlackBerry offers smart devices only, yet the company stays firmly entrenched at the bottom of the industry in customer satisfaction,” says Fornell. “This does not bode well for BlackBerry considering that smart typically outperforms feature when it comes to cell phones.”

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-smartphone.jpg

Look at the phones they compared! LOL
    08-01-13 08:59 AM
    iHack???
    Yup.... totally government and enterprise ready....
    08-01-13 09:00 AM
    Good morning gang. Good to be back here, but not at work. lol. Lot's to catch up on. Please give me some good news regarding the SP. Looking at the charts and graphs it would seem we could go either direction here soon. Any news on BB's restructuring?
    08-01-13 09:00 AM
    From fixmo

"BlackBerry is a critical platform for our government and enterprise customers, and we're seeing wide-spread demand for Fixmo Sentinel on BlackBerry 10 smartphones," said Bruce Gilley, President of Fixmo U.S. "We're thrilled to be partnering with BlackBerry to deliver a tightly integrated version of Fixmo Sentinel that will enable our mutual customers to maximize their use of BlackBerry 10 smartphones while mitigating security and compliance risks."

Seems to me like bbry will still be the only choice for the more 'secret' levels in the dod and since fixmo is in with the navy etc. they needed to be able to manage bb10 devices for those levels.
    08-01-13 09:01 AM
    Good morning gang. Good to be back here, but not at work. lol. Lot's to catch up on. Please give me some good news regarding the SP. Looking at the charts and graphs it would seem we could go either direction here soon. Any news on BB's restructuring?

Glad to see you are back. We need your opinion/insight on the Fixmo/Blackberry articles ....
    08-01-13 09:04 AM
    Glad to see you are back. We need your opinion/insight on the Fixmo/Blackberry articles ....
    Remember when I said the DoD and other government agencies were going to adapt to allowing other brands on their pending server upgrades, but BB would still be involved? It seems BB is a very big part of this new server with integrated cloud technology. I knew BB was going to be involved deeper than what we thought. Unfortunately, we still don't know what that all entails. Not at my level anyway. Even my buddy (who will be staying with me again this weekend) who is an IMO for NORTHCOM hasn't heard what the final plan is and what the new server will consist of. We're in a holding pattern just like everyone right now waiting for more news. But the news will come soon and in little segments at a time. I doubt any government agency will hand over all the details to the media. We'll have to see how this Implementation Plan is finalized and how the details are reported. If I hear anything (unclassified) I'll share right away.
    08-01-13 09:14 AM
    Branded cellphones deal big blow to gray market | GulfNews.com

Dubai: The gray market for cellphones is set to decline further as consumers are moving to branded phones due to the fall in prices of these devices.

Many branded Chinese manufacturers like Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE and TCL have started making smartphones for as low as Dh300.

The gray market includes counterfeit smartphones like iPhones, Samsung Galaxy series and BlackBerry devices sold for as low as Dh400.

The unbranded Chinese manufactures or white-box manufacturers use smuggled chips, fake International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) codes and lack official certification from China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) to sell their devices.
    08-01-13 09:16 AM
    Press Release Smartphone Brands 2013 - American Customer Satisfaction Index

“Like Apple, BlackBerry offers smart devices only, yet the company stays firmly entrenched at the bottom of the industry in customer satisfaction,” says Fornell. “This does not bode well for BlackBerry considering that smart typically outperforms feature when it comes to cell phones.”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smartphone.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	188103

Look at the phones they compared! LOL
    Oh FFS!!!! iStupid or what?
    Last edited by bungaboy; 08-01-13 at 09:55 AM.
    Bugmapper and morganplus8 like this.
    08-01-13 09:18 AM
113,250 ... 16261627162816291630 ...