View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm sure MSFT is well aware of this dynamic as well.
    If MSFT can write off $900M worth of Suface RT tablets...money ain't the issue for them.
    07-29-13 01:12 PM
    I see your $8.25 level but i'm basing the $8.45-55 range on the early to mid Nov 2012 break out from the mid Oct high. In either case, we're talking about a .25 difference.

Regardless of how accurate a statement is, BBRy mgmt should say something. Get on CNBC or Bloomberg and talk about BBM or BES or how secure the platform is... this stock has gone one way since ER... most companies tank, stabilize and maybe start moving higher.. not this one.

I understand for "investor" 25 cents is not big, but since I'm more a SwingTrader with BBRY ---> 1 cent = $220 on this trade ;-), so for me 5 cents is kind of "Big" ;-)

As I told I understand your point of View.. just now Someone Dropped 100K Share and this cause the stock to drop 1 cent lower and stay lower.

Best Regards & Always Use Stop when you trade even id you love a company.
    07-29-13 01:14 PM
  3. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    That is all well and good for Microsoft but very bad for Nokia. If MSFT is prepared to subsidize NOK then maybe you have an argument. With low margin phones MSFT gets WP exposure and NOK gets the shaft.
    Not a direct subsidy, but NOK is calling MSFT out on the lack of apps compared to the market leaders:
    Biniak didn't call out Microsoft fully, but it's clear his frustrations are related to the slow progress of the software powering Nokia's Lumia devices. "It's not just about the hardware, it's about the tools that are on the hardware. You can't sell a phone without the apps, you just can't." Expanding on the lack of apps, Biniak acknowledges that smartphone users won't switch unless relevant apps are available. He calls on Microsoft and Nokia to do more to give people a reason to switch to Windows Phone. "To give you a reason to switch, I need to make sure the apps that you care about on your device are not only on our phones, but are better. I also need to provide you unique experiences that you can't get on your other devices."
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/29/45...-slow-progress

Sounds to me like he wants MSFT to pay whatever bounty is necessary for Instagram etc. Probably a good idea for MSFT to do this. A few hundred million in the right places (what does MSFT have for cash these days? It was over 50 billion last time I looked) would take care of most of the app problem and would definitely help MSFT in this "post-PC" battle.
    07-29-13 01:14 PM
    I bought my first shares of BBRY today so my average SP is $8.70. I don't buy many individual stocks these days, however, the downside risk of BBRY is probably lower than the equity markets overall - the S&P is making all-time highs these days. I think TH is going to be looking for a buyout soon and as soon as wall street gets a whiff of this it will cause an immediate increase in the SP.
    Kid Vibe and dusdal like this.
    07-29-13 01:18 PM
  5. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    If MSFT can write off $900M worth of Suface RT tablets...money ain't the issue for them.
    Agree lack of money isn't a big issue for MSFT right now, but absorbing big losses through write offs happens regardless of the size of the bank account.

eg: The 500 million PlayBook write off for BBRY.
    07-29-13 01:18 PM
    Bluetooth pairing is pretty basic and I found no difference between pairing an iphone and Z10. But the native map on Z10 is better (IMO) than Apple map in accuracy and the BB map has live traffic updates. The Apple map had better graphics and better POIs. I now use the Z10 for GPS exclusively (instead of my on board head unit and Garmin), but I use Mireo when travel out of the US.
    I had a pretty good experience with Waze on my Z10 . It's free, try i out !
    kfh227, bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    07-29-13 01:19 PM
    I've been off the radar since the last ER, not that I've come across anything positive news wise since, but does anyone has anything to be optimistic about? I thank my financial adviser everyday for not letting me invest some of my inheritance into BBRY pre-ER
    Bugmapper and sidhuk like this.
    07-29-13 01:54 PM
    It's possible there will be some optimism after the BBM cross-platform launch. However, we have no idea when that will be. All we know is that it is "end of summer". Like you, I have become less optimistic about this stock and its prospects solely for the fact of how Thorsten has managed expectations.

If I were to ask the question here about how well the Q10 is selling, would anyone truly know? I know we've seen/heard anecdotal reports, but that isn't enough for us to place a bet on sales. I would love for the company to be more transparent.

I've been off the radar since the last ER, not that I've come across anything positive news wise since, but does anyone has anything to be optimistic about? I thank my financial adviser everyday for not letting me invest some of my inheritance into BBRY pre-ER
    stevenson232 likes this.
    07-29-13 02:16 PM
    i guess blackberrys just arent selling

having trouble selling my Z10 too...
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-29-13 02:32 PM
    *looks around uncomfortably*
    m0de25, cjcampbell, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    07-29-13 02:44 PM
    I still think there is upside in bbry as a software/services company of a certain size and with a specific focus - but as a hardware business? No.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-29-13 02:58 PM
    Thanks, I'm the drumer (kinda lol).
    Lol, well that's kinda cool. Nice job!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-29-13 03:07 PM
    And we have entered the 8's... :/ Waiting to hear from Fairfax.
    07-29-13 03:14 PM
    I still think there is upside in bbry as a software/services company of a certain size and with a specific focus - but as a hardware business? No.
    That's probably true, but I wonder if BB has ever been a 'hardware' company. To me, they made/make hardware to run their software. Even before the iPhone came along, there were many other QWERTY devices on the market but I think that most people (myself included) chose BB for the software instead of for the hardware (although BB hardware was better).
    People (myself included) buy Apple products for the hardware design and ease of use. I guess people buy Samsung for the specs. So I think that BB really has to rely on its software as the differentiating factor. IMO, they have that with BB10 and BBM. And it's probably fine to keep making their own hardware while opening up to other manufacturers. I am not an expert in this area so I might be wrong, but I really don't see anything at present that can compete with BB10, BES 10, and BBM in terms of functionality and security. Apple still win in hardware design and manufacturing perfection.
    W Hoa, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-29-13 03:21 PM
    Sort of what's happening with HTC and other non-Samsung Android OEMs.
    That's not as true as it used to be and folks should note - LG just had a very good quarter with increased share and profitability in their smartphone lines. Since working with Google on the N4 - they've done a fairly good job and seem to be gaining some traction.
    07-29-13 03:35 PM
    4.5 bill market valuation? Cmon this is silly. I thought they hired a new PR company, is their strategy to keep quiet? Wish they would come out with something positive here, longs are dyin....
    07-29-13 03:36 PM
    I, for the most part, agree. However Heins has gone on record as saying, in reference to enterprise users, that BlackBerry 'clients' are looking at an end to end solution and that building hardware/devices is part of that solution.

On the hardware-consumer side all BBRY needs to do is hit one out of the park and everybody changes their mind. Including me.
    07-29-13 03:42 PM
    I didn't realize this, but according to an interview from Alex Kinsella's bbm channel, he is the senior public relations and social media manager ?

I'll post the link, but the interview is about food.

Friday Interview: Alex Kinsella - Rare Republic
    07-29-13 03:43 PM
    4.5 bill market valuation? Cmon this is silly. I thought they hired a new PR company, is their strategy to keep quiet? Wish they would come out with something positive here, longs are dyin....
    Did they hire a new PR company? I thought they were doing it in house. I guess that means say nothing. BlackBerry has virtually quiet since 1st week of June. Yes, they talked about the future and what they hope to have, but no numbers with Q10 and BES10 acceptance .

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    07-29-13 03:54 PM
  20. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Saw this headline and it kinda reminded me of activities in here over the last month.
    Comparing your imaginary conspiracy aginst BBRY to today's tragedy (
    "At least 60 people have been killed and over 200 wounded in Iraq after a coordinated wave of 17 car bombings targeting the country's Shi'ite Muslim communities.")
    is appalling.
    "One attack, in the Baghdad district of Sadr City, saw a van pull up alongside a queue of day labourers. According to witnesses, the driver of the van instructed the workers to take their seats in the vehicle on the pretence of offering work, and instructed them to wait, before disappearing.
    Moments later an explosive device in the van was detonated, killing all the passengers and a number of bystanders."

You feel that deserves a ?

And to the posters that "liked" the comment? Shame on you. I hope you never have to experience the horror of a loved one being killed or maimed in such an attack.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-29-13 03:57 PM
    Today is the twenty first day of downtrend. $8.57 low matched the bottom Bollinger Band on the daily chart, and the bottom parallel downtrend line (orange line) on all charts. It bounced to trade sideways, and closed at $8.67. No good news, and still low volume. On the daily chart, the SP is falling, MACD is rising, and stoch. RSI is falling (black circles). This is an unusual setup. Usually, MACD and stoch. RSI are in alignment, and their trend is reflected in the SP. A good thing about this is that the RSI is still at the bottom, and as Morgan said in his previous post that it didn't move up with the sideway trading action. Anyway, the stoch. RSI on the daily chart is cycling down. As far as my experience can tell me with BBRY, when stoch. RSI cycles down, then 90% of the time, the SP goes down. How much more can the SP go down? See the bearish interpretation.

Bullish interpretation:
    Is this going to go up at all? In the short term, I don't see anything on the charts that show that this will go up fast. I think, we need to wait, until the stoch. RSI and MACD are in alignment on the daily chart. So, a possibility is that in the next 5 trading days, the MACD is going to cycle down, and the stoch. RSI is going to be at the bottom as well. When both are at the bottom, then this is the alignment that "makes sense" for both to curve upward, and see the stock go up.

There is also an unlikely chance for the MACD to continue going up, and stoch. RSI stop in middle, and curve upward. For this to happen, a major rally needs to happen. It does seem like forever to see the SP to go up. When the MACD and stoch. RSI were in alignment, we had about 3 chances (the 3 black arrows on the daily chart) to go up. Maybe the wash sale theory is in play here, which presumes that buyers will buy back in early August.

Bearish interpretation:
    No catalysts to pump the stock. We are in a clear parallel downtrend channel, and have had 2 main cycles. Each cycle lasted about 5 days, and each cycle dropped by $0.30. Next drop would be $8.30 on end of day August 2 (Friday) or the first trading hour on August 5 (monday). See the 30 minute chart. Will this pattern repeat? No one knows.

---

Wildcard:
    - Fairfax ER August 1 at 8:30 EDT.

What do you think, Morgan?

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-29-4.23.16-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-29-4.32.20-pm.jpg
    07-29-13 04:04 PM
    I, for the most part, agree. However Heins has gone on record as saying, in reference to enterprise users, that BlackBerry 'clients' are looking at an end to end solution and that building hardware/devices is part of that solution.

On the hardware-consumer side all BBRY needs to do is hit one out of the park and everybody changes their mind. Including me.
    Heins has to say that right uptill the moment they do a reverse ferret - the CEO always has to present the current strategy as the right strategy.

Moreover to me bbry is simply sub-scale to 'hit one out of the park', the signs are that the current product range has failed, the A10 looks to be DOA - to overcome this would take significant marketing of the sort that I don't think bbry are willing to dig into their cash pile to finance. The head of HTC was saying that in their experience that over 70℅ of consumers know what they want before they walk into the store - the HTC One is an attempt to overcome that with a hero phone of a high spec, something that bbry is unwilling to do and many here is unneeded.
    danprown and anon(4086547) like this.
    07-29-13 04:05 PM
    Here is a monthly chart and the downtrend that started in 2008. I would love to get Morgan's and anyone else's thoughts. Obviously if it it breaks we are headed much lower. From the chart it looks like we are about to bottom and could rally from here.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000256.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:29 PM
    Q5 coming to Koodo for $350...thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:31 PM
    Thoughts are: great news! And great pricing!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:36 PM
113,256 ... 16181619162016211622 ...