View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
  1. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Agreed on the upgraded options for biking. I often ride to the office and its nice to have the audible bike routes pop in while listening to music or Bloomberg radio knowing i'm being directed towards bike lanes (safer).

I rarely use the iOS maps these days.. once on Google, it's kind of tough to get off.
    Agree that Google Maps is superior and my default choice. You expect better data from Google, but they really nailed the user interface as well. Absolutely no half measure release to drive people to Android.

I still use Apple Maps though. An example is directions from my Contacts. I avoid the Google sign in, contact slurping etc so it is more convenient to just use Apple Maps there. It occasionally irks me (tried to send me to a Winnipeg address when I spoke a local Vancouver address recently), but the gaps and errors are fewer and farther between this summer. The formerly rather low res satellite imagery in Apple Maps here, for example, has been replaced with really nice 2013 aerial photography.

It would be a real coup it BB10 got Google Maps, but it is yet another chicken/egg situation. In my opinion there is no way Google will bother until BB10 has at least double digit share.
    07-29-13 11:50 AM
    Well if I sell now I lose 10k. So I plan not to do anything till next report. Maybe I should start playing the shorts

What I would like to know is why you think SP will go belie 8.50 us. If you can see why you would by what is the reasoning it should keep falling? I mean if I recall right the 3Billion of cash on hand is about $6/share so what your saying is that property,patents, etc is only worth 2billion.
    There is a difference in the value of BBRY today with cash on hand and all that property and patents safe and secure. And the value of BBRY after a long struggle to make it into the consumer market... and failing. Investors are the ones that are taking the risk - big returns or loose it all (or a big portion). DO NOT COUNT ON investors seeing much of anything if the very worst happens.

After reading what happened to online auction house and how they got screwed by short sellers I have do doubt ppl are cooking against BB and are trying to scare ppl so they can make billions
    BBRY is a real company, that sells real product, whose profitability relies on those products and not so much on what the value of the stock is. Are short sellers playing game - YES. Are they the ones that took three years to develop BB10? Are they the ones that sat around for four years while Apple and Google stole the smartphone market from them before even thinking about doing anything to counter them?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-29-13 11:52 AM
    • Germany: even 0.5-0.5
    • GB: Down, 5.3-4.1
    • France: Down, 2.9-2.4
    • Italy: Down, 2.7-2.5
    • Spain: Up, 0.1-0.4
    • USA: Up, 0.7-1.1
    • China: Down, 0.2-0.1
    • Australia: Down: 0.4-0.3
    • Mexico: Up, 11.3-11.4
    • EU5: down, 2.5-2.2

Just as we should be skeptical of Global Statcounter which uses page hits over many millions of websites, so should we be critical of data which is survey based on a relatively very small sample size. Particularly when we are dealing in the 10 basis point ranges.

Having said that, I find both the fall in GB and the rise in the US to be quite a surprise. I will take a 1 per cent fall in a 35 million market against a 0.4 percent rise in a 175 million market anytime.

Also worth considering is that none of these are strength markets of BlackBerry. Would be curious to see this data for Africa, Middle East, Indonesia, maybe India?

The above is sequential from May 2013 Kantar Data.
    07-29-13 11:52 AM
    07-29-13 11:53 AM
  5. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Have to remember that these are not sales number, but marketshare numbers. The market itself and the other platforms (iOS, Android, Windows...) are just growing at a much faster rate than BlackBerry is increasing their sales (they are still selling more devices each quarter).

That said, it ISN'T good news anyway you try to spin it.
    "The latest smartphone sales data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech, for the three months to June 2013, show..."
    http://www.kantar.com/media/463141/k...r_29_07_13.pdf
    Chart heading is, "Smartphone OS Sales Share (%)".

Also interesting is that though Android, iOS and Windows Phone are all discussed, not a single word is said about Blackberry.

The opposite of love is not hate, the opposite of love is indifference.
    07-29-13 11:57 AM
    Big meeting at Golden Corral. Someone filled the Chocolate Wonderfall with chocolate Ex-Lax.
    No ish?
    07-29-13 12:03 PM
    Also worth considering is that none of these are strength markets of BlackBerry. Would be curious to see this data for Africa, Middle East, Indonesia, maybe India?
    I thought UK was a strong Blackberry market.

Recent stats from Vodacom in South Africa (where BB dominate) had BB with no growth in installed base while Android and Windows Phone grew 20 and 50%
    SA smartphone stats: Android vs iOS vs BlackBerry vs Windows
    07-29-13 12:06 PM

Recent stats from Vodacom in South Africa (where BB dominate) had BB with no growth in installed base while Android and Windows Phone grew 20 and 50%
    Yes, you are right. The drop there I found surprising and definitely not a positive in any way.

Re: SA,

Personally I am quite pleased with that. In transition months they have held their very dominant position in that market. This during a time when no BB7 phones have been released for a year + ? and the new handsets there were only the high-end.

The Z10 and Q10 are quite out of reach for most in that market, so holding share is quite encouraging IMO. Also would like to see Kantar survey figures for SA rather than just the one carrier.
    07-29-13 12:12 PM

UK was very strong bb market in last couple of years but with low end consumers*, there is no low end bb10 devices to compete with cheap android devices and bb7 is an aging OS more suited to emerging markets so that is a problem.

* but has an image problem post riots - when people used to think of bbry they would think of business man now they think of someone smashing a shop window.
    dusdal likes this.
    07-29-13 12:13 PM
    I see the $8.45-8.55 is a strong support area... what are you seeing to target $8.25? I think the Kantar #'s might cause this to drop through support though, considering it hasn't been tested in a while and the last time the stock was at this price point, i don't believe the short interest was this high.

Management has to say something at this point... all these body blows with no defense... throw out something vague like corporate adoption is higher than anticipated.

I look at Daily Chart, presently next "support" to be tested is Around $8.15-8.20 on Daily --->

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1e0hu.jpg

It's look like a falling Knife even 8.15 Support is Very Weak IMO, I don't expect any data from BBRY till next ER... and the new data IMO will be bad...

Only a buyout Rumor can lift up the stock a little bit, but even if such rumor happen Thor will deny it and the Stock will continue it's collapse.

--------

This Morning there was 2 big Block of Shares Dropped:

1- First Block @ 12.17pm Over 160K Shares
    2- Second Block @ 12:48pm Over 120K Shares

Regards !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-charttwitter.jpg  
    the_sleuth and dusdal like this.
    07-29-13 12:17 PM
    I thought you got out back in May. Did you get back in?
    yes I did and went back in b4 er 4000 at 14.43 "10 of million phone sold". should have go with tsla. I think Charlie did the right thing. he left and never look back.
    07-29-13 12:18 PM
    Using your source I see BBRY at 60% share of the SA market. Interesting.
    dusdal and morganplus8 like this.
    07-29-13 12:19 PM
    If you can average down, then yes. I would wait to see, where that stoch. RSI is going to be first on the daily chart (the chart that I posted is a 30 minute chart). It is cycling down. At least, your chances to be green is higher, than my average of $14.29.
    it is moving sideways after large dumps this morning. IMO we will see more of this until there is a positive news. still watching from the side lines.
    my average is about around $13 Canadian (swing trades including LoL). probably buy 4 times more than what I currently have on hand.
    on the other hand I don't have to buy any. I think I have enough for now. I am not able to figure out one important question. why these many shorts sticking around at these prices? kind of hard to pull a trigger if I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. and I don't see any bright enough light until around December. technically nothing has changed at the operational levels but, this stock is controlled by witchcraft LoL.
    07-29-13 12:20 PM
    Hey guys it's been awhile! I hope your all doing well. Even though I don't own the stock anymore im still watching. I realized today after watching the stock drop again that Blackberry really needs to go in a new direction and I thought of a great commercial idea for them. I wrote up a blog posting about how I want them to let me make their commercial for the A10

The Wu Empire: Blackberry Give Me The BALL!! President Wu's Hot Something

I feel like the company makes good products but their TV advertising is horrible aka superbowl commercial. But even after losing a bunch on the stock and buying a playbook because I thought of BB10 I still feel like the company can do well if they turn around their TV advertising. Just like at old spice. Same product a good bunch of AD's and now im sure their selling a ton more.

Let me know your thoughts!
    07-29-13 12:23 PM
    LoL
    inhttp://mybroadband.co.za/news/cellular/82561-sa-smartphone-stats-android-vs-ios-vs-blackberry-vs-windows.html
    two months, all the blackberry and iPhone numbers stayed the same. not even a single person died or born. very impressive.
    dusdal likes this.
    07-29-13 12:29 PM
  16. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    UK was very strong bb market in last couple of years but with low end consumers*, there is no low end bb10 devices to compete with cheap android devices and bb7 is an aging OS more suited to emerging markets so that is a problem.

* but has an image problem post riots - when people used to think of bbry they would think of business man now they think of someone smashing a shop window.
    It is madness for BBRY to ask $400 for the Q5. I get it, management gave the "premium prices for the premium market" a shot, but it didn't work. BB10 is headed for complete irrelevance if they don't start to get traction. They need to try to get in front of this issue instead of waiting until their hand is forced. Price the Q5 at around $225 instead of around $400 now.

From today's Kantar report. Windows phone, but think BB10 when reading:
    Sunnebo continues, �While flagship Windows handsets such as the Nokia 925 and HTC 8X grab the headlines, it is the low and mid-range models, such as the Nokia Lumia 520 and 620, which are quietly driving its momentum. It is vital for Windows to be seen as a mainstream alternative to Android and iOS rather than a niche platform. Selling large volumes of lower end smartphones is a good way of getting Windows seen in the hands of potential customers� friends and family, convincing them there isn�t a risk in choosing the operating system. The majority of people are trend followers, not trend setters, so Windows needs to get as many smartphones to market as quickly as possible.�
    07-29-13 12:33 PM
    From the OP of another thread:

https://sumzero.com/headlines/techno...actually-a-buy
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    07-29-13 12:35 PM
    I look at Daily Chart, presently next "support" to be tested is Around $8.15-8.20 on Daily --->
    I see your $8.25 level but i'm basing the $8.45-55 range on the early to mid Nov 2012 break out from the mid Oct high. In either case, we're talking about a .25 difference.

Regardless of how accurate a statement is, BBRy mgmt should say something. Get on CNBC or Bloomberg and talk about BBM or BES or how secure the platform is... this stock has gone one way since ER... most companies tank, stabilize and maybe start moving higher.. not this one.
    07-29-13 12:35 PM
    Wasn't the story that they needed traction in the Mobile Holy Grail that is the US of A?

According to Kantar, didn't they just add 0.4 percent market share there in one month?
    07-29-13 12:40 PM
    Wasn't the story that they needed traction in the Mobile Holy Grail that is the US of A?

According to Kantar, didn't they just add 0.4 percent market share there in one month?
    Agreed, an increase is an increase however, when the US carriers aren't flogging the device, there's a ceiling to how high adoption can go. I think a big government agency win would change the perception maybe..
    Reed Richards, dusdal and Korepab like this.
    07-29-13 12:50 PM

From today's Kantar report. Windows phone, but think BB10 when reading:

It is vital for Windows to be seen as a mainstream alternative to Android and iOS rather than a niche platform. Selling large volumes of lower end smartphones is a good way of getting Windows seen in the hands of potential customers� friends and family, convincing them there isn�t a risk in choosing the operating system.�
    That is all well and good for Microsoft but very bad for Nokia. If MSFT is prepared to subsidize NOK then maybe you have an argument. With low margin phones MSFT gets WP exposure and NOK gets the shaft.
    07-29-13 12:50 PM
    That is all well and good for Microsoft but very bad for Nokia. If MSFT is prepared to subsidize NOK then maybe you have an argument. With low margin phones MSFT gets WP exposure and NOK gets the shaft.
    Sure which is why this fight doesn't need a winner - can end with both losing - cheap wp puts bbry under and then Nokia fails.
    dusdal likes this.
    07-29-13 12:52 PM
    I'm sure MSFT is well aware of this dynamic as well.
    07-29-13 12:56 PM
    Sort of what's happening with HTC and other non-Samsung Android OEMs.
    07-29-13 01:06 PM
    Nice track, just followed. Are you the lead singer? I don't understand french though.

I have my own home studio, but I'm more in the field of producing, and possibly, beatboxing or rapping haha.
    Thanks, I'm the drumer (kinda lol).
    07-29-13 01:11 PM
113,256 ... 16171618161916201621 ...