View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Lenny,

I know that words won't do much to make you feel better, but I want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family. Please don't hesitate to let us know whatever we can do you help.

Ham
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-13 10:12 AM
    why are we dumping so hard this morning?
    07-29-13 10:23 AM
    New report from kantar saying that Blackberry has basically sold 37 phones in the last 3 months. 35 of them in Canada.
    07-29-13 10:26 AM
    Too much draught beer on the weekend
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-13 10:27 AM
    Bran Flakes?
    07-29-13 10:30 AM
  6. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    One possibility is the Kantar report released this morning.

OS sales share. Three m/e June 2013.
    % with decrease from a year earlier in brackets. Released July 29 by Kantar.

Germany 0.5 (-0.1)
    GB 4.1 (-6.5)
    France 2.4 (-7.4)
    Italy 2.5 (-3.0)
    Spain 0.4 (-8.8)
    USA 1.1 (-2.9)
    China 0.1 (+0.1)
    Australia 0.3 (-1.1)
    Mexico 11.4 (-22.9)
    EUS 2.2 (-4.8)

Disastrous.
    -Losses everywhere except China where BBRY now has 0.1% of sales.
    -2.5% or less everywhere except Mexico and GB. Even in those two "bright spots", sales fell by more than half in a year!

We'll see how the day goes. I don't pay much attention to the daily drama, but at the moment BBRY is down about 2%.
    07-29-13 10:31 AM
  7. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Worse for me. Driving to a country wedding this weekend when my Garmin GPS died. No problem I asked my son to grab my blackberry and go to maps. He laughed. He asked me the address and literally in a minute had his iPhone (which was already paired to my bluetooth in the BMW) and it was giving me verbal turn by turn directions over my stereo.... I am not sure if the z10 could have done that and I am sure his user skills are far beyond mine, but the speed and ease in which he did it was pretty impressive......... Needless to say he mocked my z10 for a few miles as we continued on down the road.

Do you know if your son was using the stock iOS Maps or Google Maps? The new Google Maps update for iOS is phenomenal. Added bike and walking options to the previous transit and driving choices. It is cool to compare biking to driving and see the often small time difference staring you in the face. Great motivator to get on the bike.

Google Maps also finally went native resolution on the iPad. The stock iOS Maps is now actually pretty good and the slick integration (eg lock screen moving map and data) is nice, but it will be years before the data will catch up to Google. I tend towards the Google version, but it is nice to be able to press the home button, say "take me home" for example, and have Siri pull up a map with directions home.

Google is definitely all in with the horizontal play. They will go where the eyeballs are, even to their fiercest competitor's phones. Yet another reason why the dismal market share BB10 has is a real problem for present users and a significant disincentive for potential purchasers.
    07-29-13 10:43 AM
    Follow Up on My Trades:

I woke up late this morning (10am) so I missed the opening move.

Since there is No News on BBRY on the Week-End I Opened a SHORT this morning & now it's a full POSITION.

From Tech Analysis & Fundamentals my Target is $8.25

No Bashing please, Questions Only.

Best Regards !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    danprown likes this.
    07-29-13 10:45 AM
    Added bike and walking options to the previous transit and driving choices. It is cool to compare biking to driving and see the often small time difference staring you in the face. Great motivator to get on the bike.
    Agreed on the upgraded options for biking. I often ride to the office and its nice to have the audible bike routes pop in while listening to music or Bloomberg radio knowing i'm being directed towards bike lanes (safer).

I rarely use the iOS maps these days.. once on Google, it's kind of tough to get off.
    07-29-13 10:49 AM
    Worse for me. Driving to a country wedding this weekend when my Garmin GPS died. No problem I asked my son to grab my blackberry and go to maps. He laughed. He asked me the address and literally in a minute had his iPhone (which was already paired to my bluetooth in the BMW) and it was giving me verbal turn by turn directions over my stereo.... I am not sure if the z10 could have done that and I am sure his user skills are far beyond mine, but the speed and ease in which he did it was pretty impressive......... Needless to say he mocked my z10 for a few miles as we continued on down the road.
    I have, on more than one occasion, had my iPhone 5 find an address where my '13 LX could not. Sometimes it is just hard to beat!
    07-29-13 10:53 AM
    [U][B]From Tech Analysis & Fundamentals my Target is $8.25
    I see the $8.45-8.55 is a strong support area... what are you seeing to target $8.25? I think the Kantar #'s might cause this to drop through support though, considering it hasn't been tested in a while and the last time the stock was at this price point, i don't believe the short interest was this high.

Management has to say something at this point... all these body blows with no defense... throw out something vague like corporate adoption is higher than anticipated.
    07-29-13 10:55 AM
    I see the $8.45-8.55 is a strong support area... what are you seeing to target $8.25? I think the Kantar #'s might cause this to drop through support though, considering it hasn't been tested in a while and the last time the stock was at this price point, i don't believe the short interest was this high.

Management has to say something at this point... all these body blows with no defense... throw out something vague like corporate adoption is higher than anticipated.
    Why do you think that there will be support at $8.45-8.55? Are you just saying this to try and bolster BBRY and talk people into investing?

I am sorry but please explain as I can not see support at any price.

What could management possibly say, at this point, to support what is happening to Blackberry?

Time for many to sober up!
    07-29-13 11:00 AM
    Anyone know at what level organisations such as kantar will stop providing individual bbry results and just group them in with 'other'?
    07-29-13 11:08 AM
    Why do you think that there will be support at $8.45-8.55? Are you just saying this to try and bolster BBRY and talk people into investing?

I am sorry but please explain as I can not see support at any price.

What could management possibly say, at this point, to support what is happening to Blackberry?

Time for many to sober up!
    Not suggesting anyone buy, more where I think support lies vis-a-vis Mikhou $8.25 price target.

I think if you review my posts I'm decidedly cautious to anyone thinking of buying... but be careful w/ your sober up comments... I've spoken up and as a result have been shunned by the overlords here... keep up that talk and you might be having conversations w/ yourself.
    07-29-13 11:09 AM
    Oh man I am deeply sorry!!

If you guys can allow me to hang out, I did save 50 shares so I can contribute to this thread. I just lost everything else. So is life I guess, but after everything I've been through the fact I'm alive is a miracle. I've been though Desert Storm, Africa, Afghan, and Iraq. I've walked out of exploding buildings, dodged exploding vehicles, and even managed to jump over an exploding cart. Now I'm alive when my buddy's are not, and the obstacles continue to come my way. I just don't know if I should even consider investing anymore.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-13 11:14 AM
    Not suggesting anyone buy, more where I think support lies vis-a-vis Mikhou $8.25 price target.

I think if you review my posts I'm decidedly cautious to anyone thinking of buying... but be careful w/ your sober up comments... I've spoken up and as a result have been shunned by the overlords here... keep up that talk and you might be having conversations w/ yourself.
    Thanks for that "warning", I will take my chances.
    07-29-13 11:17 AM
    One possibility is the Kantar report released this morning.

OS sales share. Three m/e June 2013.
    % with decrease from a year earlier in brackets. Released July 29 by Kantar.

Germany 0.5 (-0.1)
    GB 4.1 (-6.5)
    France 2.4 (-7.4)
    Italy 2.5 (-3.0)
    Spain 0.4 (-8.8)
    USA 1.1 (-2.9)
    China 0.1 (+0.1)
    Australia 0.3 (-1.1)
    Mexico 11.4 (-22.9)
    EUS 2.2 (-4.8)

Disastrous.
    -Losses everywhere except China where BBRY now has 0.1% of sales.
    -2.5% or less everywhere except Mexico and GB. Even in those two "bright spots", sales fell by more than half in a year!
    The numbers look catastropic but these are YOY comparisons after all.
    I'd be curious to see a comparison between current quarter and last quarter.
    Geeoff likes this.
    07-29-13 11:21 AM
    Sequential is much better, but not great.

Up in Spain, USA and Mexico and down by varying degrees for the rest.

Posted via CB10
    Geeoff likes this.
    07-29-13 11:31 AM
    Well if I sell now I lose 10k. So I plan not to do anything till next report. Maybe I should start playing the shorts

What I would like to know is why you think SP will go belie 8.50 us. If you can see why you would by what is the reasoning it should keep falling? I mean if I recall right the 3Billion of cash on hand is about $6/share so what your saying is that property,patents, etc is only worth 2billion.
    After reading what happened to online auction house and how they got screwed by short sellers I have do doubt ppl are cooking against BB and are trying to scare ppl so they can make billions
    07-29-13 11:36 AM
    In other news . . . .

Apple-supplier Pegatron slammed for conditions at Chinese factories
    PAUL CARSTEN
    Beijing — Reuters
    Published Monday, Jul. 29 2013, 9:22 AM EDT
    Last updated Monday, Jul. 29 2013, 9:31 AM EDT
    Apple-supplier Pegatron slammed for conditions at Chinese factories - The Globe and Mail
    07-29-13 11:36 AM
    The numbers look catastropic but these are YOY comparisons after all.
    I'd be curious to see a comparison between current quarter and last quarter.
    Have to remember that these are not sales number, but marketshare numbers. The market itself and the other platforms (iOS, Android, Windows...) are just growing at a much faster rate than BlackBerry is increasing their sales (they are still selling more devices each quarter).

That said, it ISN'T good news anyway you try to spin it.
    07-29-13 11:40 AM
    The gains by WP and iOS have come on the backs of low-mid tier, low margin phones. From the Kantar report:

"While flagship Windows handsets such as the Nokia 925 and HTC 8X grab the headlines, it is the low and mid-range models, such as the Nokia Lumia 520 and 620, which are quietly driving its momentum."

�Although the flagship iPhone 5 was widely credited with boosting Apple�s global results last week, much of the market share growth for iOS in Britain is thanks to the competitively priced iPhone 4"

The commodification of the smartphone continues leaving software and services as the high margin profit driver.
    07-29-13 11:40 AM
    Feels like a good entry point?
    If you can average down, then yes. I would wait to see, where that stoch. RSI is going to be first on the daily chart (the chart that I posted is a 30 minute chart). It is cycling down. At least, your chances to be green is higher, than my average of $14.29.
    morganplus8 and abouthsu like this.
    07-29-13 11:44 AM
    Big meeting at Golden Corral. Someone filled the Chocolate Wonderfall with chocolate Ex-Lax.
    07-29-13 11:45 AM
    LCJR,
    my father was in Viet Minhs camps for 4 years and survived until his 89 years this January, my brother is a "commandos marine" reservist and a large part of my ancestors were in the army. I do feel your pain and understand what your gesture means. Respect.

So, guys, maybe we can help ?
    Let us contribute to your brother in arms effort.
    Maybe the few bucks collected will help to start another reserve for your kids, since you have already given what you had.

Buddies, that's simple : PM lcjr, ask for his paypal mail or a postal address and ... do whatever you feel right and can afford.

Don't thank this, please. Instead, hit lcjr PM link.
    Why not just chip in a few shares of BB to get him back in the game?
    Compaqee likes this.
    07-29-13 11:45 AM
113,256 ... 16161617161816191620 ...