View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hey lcjr... man, that was unexpected tonight...needless to say, we're all sorry for your loss.

None of us can really imagine what kind of **** you vets go through, but we all respect the service and sacrifice all of you make, regardless of which country we hail from. On top of that, it's truly amazing to see your selflessness and loyalty shine through again and again. All the best during these tough times, buddy.
    Last edited by m0de25; 07-29-13 at 12:41 AM.
    07-29-13 12:14 AM
    Hey lcjr... man, that was unexpected tonight...needless to say, we're all sorry for your loss.

None of us can really imagine what kind of **** you vets go through, but we all respect the service and sacrifice all of you make, regardless of which country we hail from. On top of that, it's truly amazing to see your selflessness and loyalty shine through again and again. All the best during these tough times, buddy.

So very well said MOde25. I am shock as well, but realize that people in the military put themselves on the front line. Investing becomes secondary when a member of your military family requires help. Lcjr your decision, as difficult as it maybe to sell now for a lost in order to help your friends family shows the good person you are. It's hard earn money you invested, but what you are doing is worth a lot more.

Hope you stay on and give us your positive words for us long... we need it!

Good luck Lcjr and hope for the best for your friends Jeff's family, as well as your other friends family.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 01:10 AM
    How many people in India can actually afford a z10?
    Thats why they probably get the q5? or wait till the price drops a little. How many of them can buy an iPhone there?

P.S. LCJR, sorry for your Loss(es) brother. Be strong. Keep those shares!
    m0de25 likes this.
    07-29-13 02:24 AM
    I thought that this thread was about making money with a stock called BBRY? Does it matter how you make the money on the stock? So, if you buy long, you're a lover…and if you sell short, you're a hater?
    ^ THIS is very likely the reason why some are going into flames here.
    BY NO MEAN this thread is about "making money with a stock called BBRY".
    This thread is about people investing in BlackBerry because they believe there will be a future for this brand and eventually a nice ROI in several years. Of course, this is not a trader perspective and you can find some "love" attached to this. Not as a blind koolaid-ed fan irrational move; as in "startup first round love money" investment a trader will more likely understand.
    I ("we" ?) believe BBRY in its current shape must be considered as a brand new company.
    If only investors had this particular angle of view, given the current assets of the company and their market opportunities, I believe stock would be nowhere close to where it is now.

We are not contrarians, we are not speculators: we are not trading.
    We are investing (for most of us, a very small amount of cash money; we don't engage $$ we don't have using futures) the "old way"; we believe in a brand and its products and services therefore we want to be in. As such, we also know this will be long until we eventually grab some reward pennies. We know that. We also know we could have make ins and outs or even choose another stock to speculate (like shorting AAPL the last 6 months or such) but that's not our cup of tea.

Of course, "we"'re learning from this adventure and I must thank again and again any contributor here for their inputs that - for the vast majority - enhanced our knowledge and made us a little more aware of this strange planet called "finance", including erratic behaviors and non virtuous circles. "We" are the virtuous circle: we "bet" on success and put talk and acts together.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-29-13 at 03:37 AM.
    07-29-13 02:57 AM
    Now I have another ceremony to attend to this week. A good buddy that will always be a buddy. Plus have to give what I can to my buddy's family. It happens so quick so im glad I'm alive. [video]http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mp+in+afghanistan&view=detail&mid=1EE506D B1F09144CB0041EE506DB1F09144CB004&first=0&FORM=NVP FVR[/url]
    **** I'm tired of this. I'm investing in BB for my kids but there seems to be obstacles in my way. My few buddies still in the service are decreasing. I've lost 11 so far.
    If I give any more I won't have any investments in BB anymore. I just don't know what to do......
    I may have to cash out and take my losses so I can send some money to my fiends family. I just don't know what to think right now.
    LCJR,
    my father was in Viet Minhs camps for 4 years and survived until his 89 years this January, my brother is a "commandos marine" reservist and a large part of my ancestors were in the army. I do feel your pain and understand what your gesture means. Respect.

So, guys, maybe we can help ?
    Let us contribute to your brother in arms effort.
    Maybe the few bucks collected will help to start another reserve for your kids, since you have already given what you had.

Buddies, that's simple : PM lcjr, ask for his paypal mail or a postal address and ... do whatever you feel right and can afford.

Don't thank this, please. Instead, hit lcjr PM link.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-29-13 at 03:40 AM.
    Kid Vibe, bungaboy, m0de25 and 3 others like this.
    07-29-13 03:18 AM
    Thanks JLagoon. It will take me a while to recover from this. All my funds will be spent giving to my buddy's family, trip, and other expenses. I'm broke now. Broke. I have only 50 shares left. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LJ, my thoughts are with you and your buddy's family. Life itself is a test for all of us good or bad and through its journey we learn and grow from it. Death to me isn't the end but instead it's a new beginning. I lost my mom due to cancer and truly made me realized that all those we loved are in a better place.

Most of us come here to share our knowledge and passion for this company, whether you own any shares or not, I'm certainly we would love to have you stick around.

Take care.
    07-29-13 03:22 AM
    Hey, Superfly - Welcome back! How did your recording sessions/gig go? The thread missed you.
    Thanks jxnb,
    recording session was a great moment, we're learning (not a live recording but track by track) and we liked it !
    So far, this is not the final edit/mix ... but there's a demo here : https://soundcloud.com/supairfly/fau...aisser-faire-1

Funny enough, this song could be addressed to Heins and his team :
    "Show resistance" may be a translation of the title ...

"I'll wait as long as necessary
    But above all, do not let you do
    You did not get lost on a dead end
    Preserve your nerves because the road is long"

P.S: this was not written about BBRY specifically ...
    07-29-13 03:32 AM
    Thanks jxnb,
    recording session was a great moment, we're learning (not a live recording but track by track) and we liked it !
    So far, this is not the final edit/mix ... but there's a demo here : https://soundcloud.com/supairfly/fau...aisser-faire-1

Nice track, just followed. Are you the lead singer? I don't understand french though.

I have my own home studio, but I'm more in the field of producing, and possibly, beatboxing or rapping haha.
    07-29-13 04:09 AM
    ^ THIS is very likely the reason why some are going into flames here.
    BY NO MEAN this thread is about "making money with a stock called BBRY".
    This thread is about people investing in BlackBerry because they believe there will be a future for this brand and eventually a nice ROI in several years. Of course, this is not a trader perspective and you can find some "love" attached to this. Not as a blind koolaid-ed fan irrational move; as in "startup first round love money" investment a trader will more likely understand.

We are not contrarians, we are not speculators: we are not trading.
    We are investing (for most of us, a very small amount of cash money; we don't engage $$ we don't have using futures) the "old way"; we believe in a brand and its products and services therefore we want to be in. As such, we also know this will be long until we eventually grab some reward pennies. We know that. We also know we could have make ins and outs or even choose another stock to speculate (like shorting AAPL the last 6 months or such) but that's not our cup of tea.
    It occurs to be that the best way to support BB is to buy and promote their products, since buying their shares will not give them any money. In fact if the aim is to boost BB's share price increasing their sales seems the best route, rather than small scale share buying.

It seems a better title would be "I believe in Blackberry therefore I buy their shares with the hope of hitting it big." which is of course a contrarian view.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-29-13 04:55 AM
    It occurs to be that the best way to support BB is to buy and promote their products, since buying their shares will not give them any money. In fact if the aim is to boost BB's share price increasing their sales seems the best route, rather than small scale share buying.

It seems a better title would be "I believe in Blackberry therefore I buy their shares with the hope of hitting it big." which is of course a contrarian view.
    Why don't you start your own thread and call it whatever you like?
    07-29-13 05:21 AM
    If you guys can allow me to hang out, I did save 50 shares so I can contribute to this thread. I just lost everything else. So is life I guess, but after everything I've been through the fact I'm alive is a miracle. I've been though Desert Storm, Africa, Afghan, and Iraq. I've walked out of exploding buildings, dodged exploding vehicles, and even managed to jump over an exploding cart. Now I'm alive when my buddy's are not, and the obstacles continue to come my way. I just don't know if I should even consider investing anymore.
    Hey Lenny,
    Sorry about your loss man. Today is a new day, keep it up buddy.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:33 AM
    Good night folks. Got lots of paperwork and phone calls to make throughout the night. If you ever get the chance to tell a veteran you appreciate his sacrifices, please do. It only takes a "thanks man".
    Thanks man!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:44 AM
    Sorry for your loss Lenny. The man upstairs has a way of rewarding good people like yourself, and don't be a stranger here, we need your positivity!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:22 AM
    Thanks man!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks man!!!
    from a Vietnam vet.
    07-29-13 07:09 AM
    So sorry Len.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 07:13 AM
    Thanks jxnb,

Very nice sounds indeed.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-29-13 07:31 AM
    Lenny, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Sending positive waves, good vibes and my thoughts your way.

This thread is not about "How many shares you own." You are an integral part of this family.

You are a kind and decent man.

Stand Sure!
    07-29-13 07:36 AM
    I may have to cash out and take my losses so I can send some money to my fiends family. I just don't know what to think right now.
    Well, if the bbry make some type of comeback by December and you can gain some money back, then you could be able to help your friends family a little more, You are a very good friend for looking out for your buddies family, I understand the need to help right now and not months later, I hope all goes well for you

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-13 07:45 AM
    Holly, 120,000 shares sit on asking at 8.93.
    07-29-13 07:46 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) announced on Monday that its latest BlackBerry 10 smartphone, the BlackBerry Q5 is headed to US mobile carrier AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), even though AT&T has up till now to build the device official on their network.

http://www.propertymentorgroup.com/b...-steps/128545/
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-29-13 07:48 AM
    Let's not go that far, this is my own opinion and might have nothing of value other than it shows that I don't trust business, or the market or anything that involves money. The only thing I can support is the timing of events, not some conspiracy theory of a massive plan to rip investors off. If you want to chalk it up to Christmas in July, so be it, Heins made off with millions this past quarter. Lucky him. If I thought there was more to this than "perfect timing" I wouldn't be in the stock .... but years of investing has taught me that once all of the ducks are in a row, we can go up. I think we are getting closer to having all of those ducks accounted for.

Our family owns a huge block of ACAD Pharma, we bought the stock well below $ 2.00/shr and now we are setting about selling off some of the gains in that one. The reason we own a huge block of stock in that play is the very same reason we own BlackBerry. Once the right people get involved in an investment, and it is well financed, and, it has all of it's ducks in a row, we feel great things can happen. When you are risking $ 100's of thousands of dollars on a penny stock that no one has heard of before, you had better have some good reasons as to why you are going all in. For me, I knew one of the Directors of the company and his track record was amazing, secondly, I understand the business and their products and the potential there, and finally, the Baker brothers jumped in feet first, that's all I needed.

BlackBerry has a very similar structure, they have streamlined the products, the people and the players are all in now. All of the past 2 years worth of adjustments are close to being completed here. I think the media and many investors have lost sight of the important factors that will make this company great again. We are too focused on unit sales and how larger companies own the space, commenting on every small piece of data that comes out. Prem is not looking at IDC numbers, nor is he interested in Seeking Alpha articles or the daily movement of the stock. He is focused on the plan to bring BlackBerry to a world class level of enterprise. I think he sees BlackBerry as a media rich BES10/BBM/Chat/Video/Channels cross platform and software monster and until these few items are out there and profitable, we will be continuing to see BlackBerry as the handset company that no one wants.

I fall prey to the same daily grind of looking for weakness in the management and their inability to do PR work. They don't care about the PR side of the equation, they are still in the mid stages of setting the ground work for the relaunch of BlackBerry as we'll come to know it tomorrow. Heins got very lucky over this past month, we should all be so lucky as we have to blindly pay for our stock, without the benefit of knowing what he does. That's way having a few other plays going on like my ECA, IMG and ACAD (and a few others) allow me to keep extremely busy during these times with BlackBerry.

In conclusion, I don't think it is luck that Heins controls so much stock at crazy pricing, its all part of the big picture to position everyone going forward here. Did they actively allow the stock to drop in some subversive way? No, they are executing their extremely well thought out plan just like many other companies do. I see this all the time.
    Appreciate your insight morgan. As a young investor, it helps to hear a more experienced individual's experience and what they look for in an investment. The noise makes it hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but I'm glad you and many others are here to ride it with me!

Cheers to a good week!
    07-29-13 07:57 AM
    Get your rain hats on, I suspect the thread is going to see some storm weather as we start discussing the most recent Kantar figures.
    07-29-13 08:04 AM
    Get your rain hats on, I suspect the thread is going to see some storm weather as we start discussing the most recent Kantar figures.
    I suspect not.
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    07-29-13 08:07 AM
    Looks like Nokia may not be happy with MSFT. One thing BB has been doing well is the constant push at adding features. 10.2 will bring a plethora of new things.

I've been saying that Nokia + BB10 would be winners. Make it happen!

Nokia left frustrated by Microsoft's slow Windows Phone progress | The Verge
    07-29-13 08:07 AM
    If you guys can allow me to hang out, I did save 50 shares so I can contribute to this thread. I just lost everything else. So is life I guess, but after everything I've been through the fact I'm alive is a miracle. I've been though Desert Storm, Africa, Afghan, and Iraq. I've walked out of exploding buildings, dodged exploding vehicles, and even managed to jump over an exploding cart. Now I'm alive when my buddy's are not, and the obstacles continue to come my way. I just don't know if I should even consider investing anymore.
    It's only been a brief time I've come to know you through these forums LCJR, but let me say thanks - for your positivity, daily contributions but more importantly your service in the military, as well as your brother in arms.

I'm Canadian, but that doesn't diminish the appreciation I have for the efforts made by our allies. I truly, from the bottom of my heart thank all those who sacrifice their safety and well-being to protect our homes. Not to mention what their families go through as well when your off on duty.

Please stick around, with or without your shares.

Keep your chin held high and know that you are appreciated!

Cheers
    07-29-13 08:21 AM
113,256 ... 16141615161616171618 ...