View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I believe you are incorrect.

Blackberry dealt a major blow as O2 Germany dumps their Blackberrys for Windows Phones.
    "the news that O2 Germany will be dropping all their own Blackberry BES phones for Nokia Lumia 520 and 925 handsets."

Please provide a previous link to this important information that may directly affect BBRY if you have one.
    Ironically, the German government has adopted Blackberry.

15:20 (take on shorting)

Have a good weekend, job hunting continues whilst I wait for the SP to recover. Probably a few months away from seeing green, lets hope for some good news.
    CDM76, cjcampbell, dusdal and 7 others like this.
    07-26-13 04:19 PM
    Call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I'm just buying some RIM shares right now.
    While I think it can't really hurt me and I may have a delicious surprise in,say, 5 years, I'm not doing this in a speculative vision, just a support action. As my savings are low, I'll not spend a lot, so maybe I'll buy only 5.

How many of us (and friends) can afford this ? I don't know ...
    But if we actively buzz this, it may ... oh, yes, I'm a dreamer...
    But just imagine 10% of BB users claiming five shares ...

P.S: Yes, I'm a part of the 99% : I have no other share anywhere.

Edited 09/22/2012 : The original title "I support RIM : I buy share" was misleading many contributors. As of date, I modified my #1 post title and ask mods for the thread title change with : "I support RIM and I buy share". Slight difference, but I believe it gives another meaning to this sentence, closer to my opinion.

Edited 02/04/2013
    : RIM have changed their name to BlackBerry. Therefore, the title change to "I support BBRY and I buy shares !". P.S : This change is subject to mod appreciation so that it may not appear clearly in the forum ... (done : THANK YOU whoever is pressing the button !)

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

If you're not used to deal with stocks, the following should be your starting point.

1. This is real money. Your money. There's no tryouts nor refunds.
    2. You must establish what is your capacity before entering the game. Set it and keep it as an absolute limit (you can add later, depending on your revenues profile). Generally, something like 15% of your currently available and free cash is a reasonable amount. Do not speculate with money you don't own in full (credit). If you lose, don't rely on things like "averaging down" or "buy on dips" unless you have additional cash that fits with this rule.
    3. Stay calm. Looking at the stock on a day basis is hard for your nerves. Either good or bad, fluctuations can happen very fast.
    4. We are a drop in the bucket, even those of us with 100s K $ in the game are nothing if we compare to the global cap (count in $K Billions)
    5. Those playing "against" you have more power, more money and know how the market can react. You don't. Do not use "everyday" logic here. This "game" has its own rules and it takes a while to understand/accept them.
    6. One possible approach is to play "long" (counting in years), this particular approach is the one I suggested when starting this thread back in Feb 2011. I personally stick to this approach, as it appears to be somehow the most adapted for rookies like us, engaging tiny amounts and with very limited skills. Be careful about fees/taxes you may have to pay for each transaction: they can ruin your gains easily.
    7. Please be aware that if you consider investing in stocks, mixing different companies and types of investments (ex : safe, aggressive, short term, long term) is highly recommended.
    8. Last but not least : stay humble and prudent.

Disclaimer : By no mean I intend to forecast a raise of the shares or any kind of advantage. You have to perform your own research. Positions, experiences, questions and suggestions made in this thread are personal views and NOT authorized investment instructions. Be aware that You can lose everything and neither I nor any contributor in this thread will be responsible for this in any circumstance.

Good luck !
    This post fits right here! lol I'm with you on this one.

I want to invest $300 bloody dollars for the **** of never investing in all my 22 years of living on this earth. And because all you punk *** chumps who have a blackberry, or are always on these damn BB forums don't have faith in a company, and always talk crap, that doesn't mean I'm wrong and you're right. If you're broke and $300 or $100 would make you cry if you lose it in the stock market, don't invest! Cause obviously you're someone who doesn't have the money to buy one apple share. Which would be even "dumber" than buying even 1 blackberry share. It wouldn't be dumb for me to invest when they're pretty low. The lower the value, the lower the loss. But if I'm lucky, they will become successful again. And if you don't even have the slightest hope for them, then you will say, they wont be successful again. They've been unsuccessful for a long time, and haven't seized to exist, even though many people thought they went out of business. Nope, they didn't and now they're back with their former "secret weapon," so if they're going to ever shoot up, this is the damn time. Don't think their will be another time to do so. HAH! I laugh at everyone who has this kind of thought process. You don't invest in a company that's already at its peak. I'm starting to feel like I know more than you guys....
    Last edited by Otech#CB; 07-26-13 at 04:53 PM.
    07-26-13 04:24 PM
    What the **** is with you guys coming in and passing judgement on the people that have been a part of this thread for the last 10 months? It's not nice to see the price down but what makes people cranky is the rudeness, inconsiderateness, and point and laugh mentality that many have had. None of you are around when the stock is doing well but when it's in the ****ter, you just have to come by and gloat. Give your heads a shake. It's a definite show of character, maturity, and overall mentality, when some of you have to come on to the internet to belittle others in order to feel better about yourselves.
    I was here before the Earnings Report, warning people to take Kantar seriously and ignore statcounter, but I dont recall anyone listening. Given the widespread use of the ignore function, I dont think anyone is listening still either.
    Otech#CB, mikeo007 and m1a1mg like this.
    07-26-13 04:25 PM
    I was here before the Earnings Report, warning people to take Kantar seriously and ignore statcounter, but I dont recall anyone listening. Given the widespread use of the ignore function, I dont think anyone is listening still either.
    I don't bother ignoring. I also don't care if people are negative. There was a shorter in here the other day that did a great job of explaining his shorting strategy. Personally, I understand shorting and it doesn't bother me. What I don't like is the belittling of forum members or directly telling people how to invest. As an example IMO:

Looking at things, I personally would sell (good).

Sell now! This baby is going to zero!!1!! (Bad)

I think BBRY will go up from here, assuming no more bad news (good).

BBRY is at their lowest, everyone should buy in now! (Bad)

Note, that is all IMO.
    07-26-13 04:38 PM
    JLagoon: I appreciate the positive & negative outlook on this name if I didn't already state it.

Just a suggestion, on your 30 & 60 min chart, if you're using channels, you may want to re-adjust your top trend line (blue) to cover the spike up on the 25th.

Also, BBRY at the moment is consistently making lower lows and lower highs; until we get a couple solid bases... We're waiting and seeing.

On your daily, you have a couple lines, are those moving avgs; I can't quite tell.

Thanks.
    spike12 and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-26-13 04:39 PM
    Good article from Chris U on the front page.

60 million users x .6 (60 % use it daily) = 36 M

36 M x $25 per user = $900 M ?

Plus growth due to bbm channels going public and cross platform bbm? What are some reasonable user growth rates?
    lcjr, bungaboy, Otech#CB and 5 others like this.
    07-26-13 05:07 PM
    The short interests have done a good job in hijacking cb and other BlackBerry sites. As another poster has suggested to ignore and not response to their childish distorted logic and misinformation as their goal is clearly to disrupt our discussions and change the topic which suits their agenda. Remember no sane person would spend as much time and energy to bash BlackBerry without monetary compensation. They have use professional propaganda tactics.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 05:09 PM
    The short interests have done a good job in hijacking cb and other BlackBerry sites. As another poster has suggested to ignore and not response to their childish distorted logic and misinformation as their goal is clearly to disrupt our discussions and change the topic which suits their agenda. Remember no sane person would spend as much time and energy to bash BlackBerry without monetary compensation. They have use professional propaganda tactics.

Posted via CB10
    Do most of them come from the WPforums?
    Otech#CB and cjcampbell like this.
    07-26-13 05:13 PM
    The loss of future revenue from handset sales and associated services (eg 'see O2 save more than 250,000 Euro in fees to Blackberry')

But note that is one country and the claim in the article is that this will roll out to all regions - if correct, MS has 'captured' one of the major world players, has to have significant impact.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-13 05:17 PM
    And funny how they show up in force on the down days (of which there have been plenty lately lol). I dont think anyone would pay them as they do not appear to have much to offer, but it does beg the question why are they spending time on here? To save us from ourselves? How kind of them, hit me over the head with that baseball bat again, its not sinking in yet. Do you really think we didn't know the risks going in? Cmon thats just moronic. I guess that sums it up. Not directed at all negative posters just the rude moronic ones, you know who you are and are obviously sad about it. GET A LIFE!
    07-26-13 05:21 PM
    What do you think, Morgan? Other than news, based on math alone or something else (amount of shorts, accumulation, institutional holdings, etc.), what do you think, this stock is going to do based on the action up to date? Stoch. RSI on the daily chart is going down, but MACD is still up.

Hi JLagoon!

Man you are really doing some great short term charting here, please keep up the good work. I feel your frustration in all of this and I wish I could direct you to a specific indicator that will give you the answer you need. I pointed out that the Bands are within 3 more trading sessions of really tightening up here. The stock is holding up well at the moment but the trend can stay negative longer than anyone would have considered it to be possible by now. I like that it is oversold and not able to work off the the oversold status by moving sideways. As for news, I feel the BES10 and BBM cross platform are two areas where some news of an uptake in BES10 or the launch of the cross platform will send this stock rallying again. When that will happen is anyones guess. As for Abigail and her 11-year chart, we are still well within the range of striking a higher low and starting another major rally from here. We are faced with summer volumes, bad press and a very quiet management team. Heins has his block of stock, the management team is in place and they are well aware that they need to step up here and deliver. I personally am waiting for the launch of BBM as a cross platform, for me, that is the time to add to my position. My gut tells me that something is cooking, the company is extremely quiet right now and we are hoping for BB 10.2 to come out soon. I would like to think that they are focusing on BES10 deployment as well as this has been their strategy long before it was cool to go after the retail market. So let's hear some positive news from the enterprise sector, and soon!

Thanks again for providing such great analysis, you are growing at this every day and I for one, appreciate it.
    07-26-13 05:34 PM
    Maybe the mods would let us play survivor on the thread where we can vote someone off the island every week....wishful thinking....but I do wonder why they don't have their own island sometimes, or at least stick to their tribe...
    07-26-13 05:39 PM

Thoughts on their intangibles?
    Our undying love ?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-26-13 05:47 PM
    Maybe the mods would let us play survivor on the thread where we can vote someone off the island every week....wishful thinking....but I do wonder why they don't have their own island sometimes, or at least stick to their tribe...
    lol, why don't you come out the closet already, do you like blackberry or not? Do you think they will succeed or not? Have you even invested yet, or you just wanted to kick people off these so called "islands."
    07-26-13 05:53 PM
    lol, why don't you come out the closet already, do you like blackberry or not? Do you think they will succeed or not? Have you even invested yet, or you just wanted to kick people off these so called "islands."
    Easy there bud... he's been around a long time and is good ****.
    07-26-13 06:03 PM
    Easy there bud... he's been around a long time and is good ****.
    I've been around since '08. I wasn't bashing, but he's talking about people, and I can't tell if he is with Blackberry or not.
    07-26-13 06:08 PM
    Oh i'm in alright. So far in I can't see the surface anymore if that makes you feel better....what about you?
    07-26-13 06:27 PM
    Oh i'm in alright. So far in I can't see the surface anymore if that makes you feel better....what about you?
    like pitch black deep? Nope, I'm not even in yet, but I will be this month. I want to buy 30 shares and see what happens. And I've been a Blackberry holder since the 8900. Probably have 15 devices laying around somewhere in my house. I wouldn't mind trading them all for new BB10 phones either i left bb after the 9900 wasn't what I really expected. But I'm back.
    07-26-13 06:34 PM
    Howdy, I too have been reading and adding more to the ignore list. I hate to even waste my time by engaged in a conversations with those individuals, let alone to have a complete stranger tell me what I do with my money. Ya, a lot of us are down quite a bit and I hate to be rude here but how is me losing money any concerns of yours (you know who you are). I invested what I can afford to lose and no one like losing their hard earn money, last thing I want to hear from those trolls is to tell me what I do with my money.

Thanks and have a great weekend boys.
    07-26-13 07:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    The shorts don't need to highjack CB or this thread. They aren't influencing enough number of shares. What is helping them is the stuff BBRY did and is doing to itself. If ER or sales would have been good, the shorts would have been creamed. Honestly, based on what the last ER revealed, and the fact that TH said there is no visibility going forward and they are no longer going to report important numbers, is the current stock price that far off? I don't, personally, think so.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    07-26-13 07:59 PM
    The shorts don't need to highjack CB or this thread. They aren't influencing enough number of shares. What is helping them is the stuff BBRY did and is doing to itself. If ER or sales would have been good, the shorts would have been creamed. Honestly, based on what the last ER revealed, and the fact that TH said there is no visibility going forward and they are no longer going to report important numbers, is the current stock price that far off? I don't, personally, think so.
    I agree to an extent... IMO however, Wall Street hyped up the whole ER, this was their plan to do so (mind you, the sales were quite dissapointing, nonetheless other factors fell into place). Hell, Morgan did a pre-ER guesstimate and he was DAMN CLOSE... Infact, he should be on Wall Street, he literally got all the figures in the ball park (once again, flunked on the sales side, but the rest was spot on). TH even said in Q4 they expect to break even (hoping) and they almost did if you take out the Venezuela Fiasco. Also, the Q10 was barely out to launch during the last ER. Also, Q4 blew away expectations and there was NO movement, at all, nothing, zip, ****, blah. If Q1 was profitable do you think it would have done much? Obviously the SP wouldn't have dropped like it did but I wouldn't expect a huge pop. It takes about 3 Q's of profitability and a good direction with various modes of revenue streams to exist before we hit 100 .

And yes, why the heck are people telling me what to do with my money on this forum. Sound like my mom I came here myself, drank some koolaid and got greedy, now I wait and see if it will pay off. Next summer is when I expect to see profits in the 5 figures... If not, well woopdeedoo I lost. Moving on, its not like me losing money does anything to you. Didn't know short sellers were so caring hah! If you guys cared so much, stop shorting and buy the stock support a product that is arguably top of its class.
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 07-26-13 at 08:51 PM.
    07-26-13 08:05 PM
    This is a good review of the Z10 compared with other phones: BlackBerry Z10 Review of Reviews + User Reviews vs iPhone 5 | Wireless and Mobile News
    morganplus8, lcjr, zyben and 1 others like this.
    07-26-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks again for providing such great analysis, you are growing at this every day and I for one, appreciate it.
    Thank you, Morgan. As I am sure others do, I learn a lot from you by reading your posts multiple times. So, your posts are not just a one time read for me, because they contain good insights.

BBRY should follow up on how many of the 18,000 BES10 fortune 500 companies have become signed customers. Maybe that alone could get the analysts to re-calculate the revenue projection, and issue upgrades.
    07-26-13 08:43 PM
    M+8. I was wondering if there is a reference document regarding Thor's options? Such as pricing? Thanks.
    07-26-13 08:52 PM
    M+8. I was wondering if there is a reference document regarding Thor's options? Such as pricing? Thanks.
    if you like digging it up in the Q report, have fun. But if you ask me, that is just about the last thing you need to worry about. this stuff has no predictive value, its just noise.
    07-26-13 10:00 PM
113,252 ... 16071608160916101611 ...