View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I believe that Telefonica story was posted a couple months ago...just being regurgitated from different author/Mag.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 01:40 PM
    some one posted this on SA. I wonder if it has any ground?
    "Wash sales Rule " A lot of US long buyers will start to come back next week, after taking a loss on the stock and getting a capital loss they need to wait 30 days to buy back same stock or lose the capital loss."
    Wash Sale Rule - Tax Law Rule that Defers Capital Losses
    The rule is true, but if those people who got out at higher prices get back in, they get what they deserve.
    07-26-13 02:01 PM
    BBRY - July 22.pdf

If anyone is interested, S&P Capital IQ Report from July 22 on BBRY. My broker provides these reports.
    07-26-13 02:25 PM
    That report is listing tangible book value as 11.67 currently.
    spike12 likes this.
    07-26-13 02:35 PM
    That report is listing tangible book value as 11.67 currently.
    As of Feb 28.
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    07-26-13 02:38 PM
    I can't open that at work. What's the short of it? lol
    07-26-13 02:45 PM
    The rule is true, but if those people who got out at higher prices get back in, they get what they deserve.
    For anyone who took a capital loss on their Canadian TFSA accounts - capital losses can't be used since it's already tax free. You won't be able to claim these losses to offset taxes on taxable cap gains.

Just felt like sharing in case others are using their TFSA funds like me to invest in BB.
    lcjr, bungaboy, BergerKing and 2 others like this.
    07-26-13 02:54 PM
    The Q1 report lists a net intangibles value of $3.5 Bln.

3.5 B/524 M shares = 6.68 per share.

tangibles 11.67 + intangibles 6.68 = $18.35 per share.

Thoughts on their intangibles?
    07-26-13 02:56 PM
    Whatever happened that thread where there was a recent comment from Blackberry employee that they were going to shock the world soon?
    Was that simply in relation to the Unity gaming engine platform? It seemed like it may have meant something more...
    Shanerredflag and CDM76 like this.
    07-26-13 03:02 PM
    I believe that Telefonica story was posted a couple months ago...just being regurgitated from different author/Mag.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct but it is fun to bring this stuff again and again anyway.
    07-26-13 03:06 PM
    The story is that they have phased out Blackberry. Show me where that was posted before.
    07-26-13 03:09 PM
    Whatever happened that thread where there was a recent comment from Blackberry employee that they were going to shock the world soon?
    Was that simply in relation to the Unity gaming engine platform? It seemed like it may have meant something more...
    Not an employee, some twitter account.
    bungaboy and richc3 like this.
    07-26-13 03:13 PM
    Some news on the BlackBerry 9720 (new old phone).

Washington: BlackBerry 7 is the new smartphone that was announced by BlackBerry recently. BlackBerry 7 is likely to be launched in the emerging markets. The images of the upcoming device were leaked.

BlackBerry 9720 Samoa Press Render Shows QWERTY Keypad and Trackpad | AEG India
    07-26-13 03:15 PM
    However, according to the notes of the FY report, the intangibles are expected to take an amortization charge of nearly 1 B in both 2014 and 2015.

That's nearly $2 of book value over the year.
    07-26-13 03:30 PM
    Really, this not was is in the article. Providers don't usually push for only one OS.
    The story is that they have phased out Blackberry. Show me where that was posted before.
    07-26-13 03:36 PM
    Really, this not was is in the article. Providers don't usually push for only one OS.
    You are looking at the wrong article. The relevant article is here:
    Blackberry dealt a major blow as O2 Germany dumps their Blackberrys for Windows Phones | WMPoweruser
    07-26-13 03:40 PM
  17. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    If correct this is bad:

Blackberry dealt a major blow as O2 Germany dumps their Blackberrys for Windows Phones | WMPoweruser

And not simply because they picked them for internal usage but because they will have a fairly accurate idea of how bb10 devices are selling (longevity of platform is generally a selection criteria). No idea what percentage of phones they give to employees but Telefonica had about 280k employees.

Plus on the consumer side if they have decided that WP is their third player... Brown trousers in Waterloo tonight.
    The loss of future revenue from handset sales and associated services (eg 'see O2 save more than 250,000 Euro in fees to Blackberry') is certainly bad news, but more troubling generally is that part of their stated reason to abandon ship was the ecosystem problem for BBRY. Specifically that WP allows "the smooth synchronization of Calendar entries and e-mails, but also the unrestricted access to all Office applications".

MSFT has a huge advantage here and I will bet a similar decision process is taking place in many other companies.
    -save money on recurring fees
    -integration with the dominant office productivity suite (MS Office)

Interesting that they are going with the Lumia 520 for sales reps. You can buy those outright contract free for $120 right now at Best Buy Canada. Edit: Sale is over. Back to $150. Still cheap as chips for a business phone. I thought this would mostly go to the teen / low income market.

It also really must sting in Waterloo to see email given as a reason to abandon Blackberry handsets, considering their previous dominance in this important area.
    07-26-13 03:49 PM
    You don't have to, of course.

So the thread title reads "I support BBRY I buy shares." But at the same time the thread is structured as a poll, where you can answer yes or no. The poll implies to me that contrary positions should be welcome, but it is clear in every page that posters with different opinions are treated by lepers by the clique of regular posters.

You would think that out of all the threads in CB, a thread about making money should be welcoming to a variety of opinions. Out of all the threads, here is where it is most dangerous to plug your ears and sing lalalala when contrary views come along. Confirmation bias will make you lose money. Strangely this thread is less tolerant of opposing views than most any thread in CB.
    I'm wondering if the extra crankiness here is due to A) people losing real money and B) no real, realistic path to recovery at this point in time.

I know that would get MY britches in a bind...

-CFOT
    m1a1mg and BergerKing like this.
    07-26-13 03:52 PM

It also really must sting in Waterloo to see email given as a reason to abandon Blackberry handsets, considering their previous dominance in this important area.
    It's particularly ironic that when asking for a recommendation of what email/calendar system works best with BB10, the most popular advice on Crackberry is to go with outlook.com or MS Exchange.
    07-26-13 03:54 PM
  20. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    I believe you are incorrect.

Blackberry dealt a major blow as O2 Germany dumps their Blackberrys for Windows Phones.
    "the news that O2 Germany will be dropping all their own Blackberry BES phones for Nokia Lumia 520 and 925 handsets."

Please provide a previous link to this important information that may directly affect BBRY if you have one.
    07-26-13 03:54 PM
    What the **** is with you guys coming in and passing judgement on the people that have been a part of this thread for the last 10 months? It's not nice to see the price down but what makes people cranky is the rudeness, inconsiderateness, and point and laugh mentality that many have had. None of you are around when the stock is doing well but when it's in the ****ter, you just have to come by and gloat. Give your heads a shake. It's a definite show of character, maturity, and overall mentality, when some of you have to come on to the internet to belittle others in order to feel better about yourselves.
    07-26-13 03:57 PM
    What the **** is with you guys coming in and passing judgement on the people that have been a part of this thread for the last 10 months? It's not nice to see the price down but what makes people cranky is the rudeness, inconsiderateness, and point and laugh mentality that many have had. None of you are around when the stock is doing well but when it's in the ****ter, you just have to come by and gloat. Give your heads a shake. It's a definite show of character, maturity, and overall mentality, when some of you have to come on to the internet to belittle others in order to feel better about yourselves.
    Ever since the last earnings report they all came out in full force. It's been non stop all over the forums.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 04:04 PM
    Today is the twentieth day of downtrend. 13 million in volume, closed at $8.88 with low of $8.77. See additional notes on the 60 minute chart on how $8.77 is predictable with the chart.

It appears that we are in a big wedge with the blue line as the top line, and the pink line as the bottom line. From 7/10/2013, we had two major support price point at $9.10, and $8.90. $8.90 was broken today. As you can see on the 30 minute chart, unless the stock goes below the pink line on Monday or Tuesday with price point of $8.75, and $8.70, then it will possibly go up to break out of the wedge. This wedge closes on Wednesday at around 2 p.m.

Bullish interpretation:
    We are in wedge as far as we can tell up to date, instead of a descending triangle. Just need a really good news to go up. A close above $9.05 for a modest move, $9.10 for a pretty convincing move, and going back to $9.20 range for a mini rally. Is this still forming a cup? I think, the possibility is lower to form a cup, and is higher to have a big pop.

Bearish interpretation:
    If this goes below $8.70, then it will probably hit the price point on the orange line ($8.60 - $8.50), which is the bottom line of the narrower parallel downtrend channel. If this hits $8.70 to form another double bottom again in the next 3 trading days, and is still below the top blue line, then we have another descending triangle, which means that it will most likely go down below $8.70 to hit the bottom orangel line by Thursday or Friday.

So, how long is this downtrend going to last? I don't know. My average is $14.29, and I am still holding. When this goes up again, then I will probably buy more below my average, until it goes above it. At this point, what is this "car" running on? Vapor gasoline? There must be a few market factors that I do not know that will move this stock. Maybe it is closing the book for this month, or the wash sale, or good news, or bad news, etc.

What do you think, Morgan? Other than news, based on math alone or something else (amount of shorts, accumulation, institutional holdings, etc.), what do you think, this stock is going to do based on the action up to date? Stoch. RSI on the daily chart is going down, but MACD is still up.

An interesting aspect on the 5 minute chart; the price goes up with little to no volume. Is there any fuel left to push this stock down? When will the fuel to push this stock up arrive?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-5min.jpg

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-30min.jpg

60 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-60min.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-d.jpg
    Last edited by JLagoon; 07-26-13 at 04:26 PM.
    07-26-13 04:14 PM
    They, my friend, are simply cowards. You ain't gonna cure that. Karma will though!
    07-26-13 04:18 PM
    Also guys, I strongly advise you to update your ignore list (here's the link: forums.crackberry.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist), and stop replying / quoting shadowy banger and any other similar posters, because the last thing that you want to do is seeing, reading, and reacting to more posts about negative things continuously. We, the bag holders at the moment, are already in the sh1tt3r, so we don't benefit to hear any warning to be out of this sh1tty situation. Who am I kidding? It is not even a warning, it is just noise.
    07-26-13 04:19 PM
113,251 ... 16061607160816091610 ...