View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm sorry if my post seemed disruptive, but I thought that notfanboy brought up an important point.

The high school like clique in this thread is almost silly.
    Haha. And if you wan't to sit with the cool kids at lunch, you have to be polite

I hope my kid is in a high school clique like that.
    m1a1mg and take99 like this.
    07-26-13 11:55 AM
    Hi gang,

Not sure if this was posted already, but it was a good read so, I'll post it anyway!

Why the NSA Doesn't Want You to Have a BlackBerry

a bit of the article for ya.

So I’m like, “Why has this amazing device, so fluid and fun and efficient, languished?” The sheer hatred I see for the BlackBerry brand confounds me at times; it seems pathological, almost, like some evil mind-control ray has been beamed on the American populace to make them hate something they’ve never tried with a 1984-like Two Minute Hate-type of hate. It’s just weird to me because I freakin’ love this device, and I am surrounded by the competition every day. Those phones are ********* phones compared to my Z. Seriously, they don’t look smart to me. They look ********.
    So I was like, “What gives?”
    Granted, BlackBerry has done an awful job of marketing these things. What few ads there have been have been weak. They should have licensed the song “Back in Black” and done a bad-***, kick-***, in-your-face campaign showing off their new badass line. Oh well. That’s what happens when you let technologists run a company — they create amazing technology but don’t know jack about selling it.

somebody tell BBRY to figure out how to sell these things already!!
    lcjr likes this.
    07-26-13 12:03 PM
    some one posted this on SA. I wonder if it has any ground?
    "Wash sales Rule " A lot of US long buyers will start to come back next week, after taking a loss on the stock and getting a capital loss they need to wait 30 days to buy back same stock or lose the capital loss."
    Wash Sale Rule - Tax Law Rule that Defers Capital Losses
    Usually this occurs at the end of the year when a company see they have large gains to offset. Not such mid year unless investors already have large gains and expect continued gains for the rest of the year.
    Either way you're not likely to see huge gains simply from wash sales. Good news is going to be the major driver.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and OMGitworks like this.
    07-26-13 12:06 PM
    Surely @Superfly_FR made his local CNET branch write this relatively positive review of the Q5 ?

Test du BlackBerry Q5 | PCWorld.fr
    07-26-13 12:07 PM
    Haha. And if you wan't to sit with the cool kids at lunch, you have to be polite

I hope my kid is in a high school clique like that.
    Thanks for making my point.

Look, this seems to be a closed party, that's fine, but when it comes to politeness and etiquette, why does it only apply to those with a differing opinion?
    07-26-13 12:07 PM
    As far as I know, it doesn't apply only one way.

Edit: I also don't see how it is a closed party. There are many regular posters that weren't here from the start, myself included.
    Bugmapper, take99 and spike12 like this.
    07-26-13 12:09 PM
    Hi Guys and gals. I am based in the UK and want to buy a few BBRY shares. Nothing silly but maybe 1K worth. I have been lurking in this thread for several months. What's the quickest, easiest and cheapest ;-) way for me to purchase some BBRY? Many thanks for any assistance...
    dusdal and Compaqee like this.
    07-26-13 12:10 PM
    Must be a slow day for the drive-bys.

Just like horse flies dangit.

Come into your house, crap on your floor and expect to get thanks for doing it.

Feel bade for the RIM employees that were fired long before the downturn and the layoffs. So bitter.
    07-26-13 12:13 PM
    Page 6 of the Jefferies report actually shows a forecast of significant cash burn for Q3/Q4.

Not quoted, for the sake of others haha.
    Yep and I think we've kinda talked about that here, and as well I believe there was mentioned in the AGM or something (can't recall 100%), on how investments will be in R&D, marketing, etc.
    dusdal and morganplus8 like this.
    07-26-13 12:16 PM
    Hi Guys and gals. I am based in the UK and want to buy a few BBRY shares. Nothing silly but maybe 1K worth. I have been lurking in this thread for several months. What's the quickest, easiest and cheapest ;-) way for me to purchase some BBRY? Many thanks for any assistance...
    Hi bkupris,

This thread has become quite buried, but there are a number of suggestions for brokerages here http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...stocks-825802/ I personally use Credential Direct and your most obvious (though maybe not cheapest or best) option is the online brokerage of your own bank.

There is a standard warning that comes along with this thread. I am paraphrasing but: Do not make give or take direct investment advice from this thread, never invest more than you are willing to lose (all the way to zero), always do your own due diligence, yadayada..

aand Good Luck
    07-26-13 12:17 PM
    Hi Morgan and others:

How does the wash sale rule affect the SP movement? I heard that those, who sold on 6/28 for a loss, need to wait 30 days, before they can buy back again. Is this right?

Thanks
    07-26-13 12:17 PM
    Hi bkupris,

This thread has become quite buried, but there are a number of suggestions for brokerages here http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...stocks-825802/ I personally use Credential Direct and your most obvious (though maybe not cheapest or best) option is the online brokerage of your own bank.

There is a standard warning that comes along with this thread. I am paraphrasing but: Do not make give or take direct investment advice from this thread, never invest more than you are willing to lose (all the way to zero), always do your own due diligence, yadayada..

aand Good Luck
    Many thanks dusdal, yeah my eyes are wide open on this :-)
    dusdal, bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    07-26-13 12:20 PM
    As far as I know, it doesn't apply only one way.

Edit: I also don't see how it is a closed party. There are many regular posters that weren't here from the start, myself included.

Come into your house, crap on your floor and expect to get thanks for doing it.

Feel bade for the RIM employees that were fired long before the downturn and the layoffs. So bitter.
    Really?
    mikeo007 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    07-26-13 12:29 PM
    Yup.

10. char.
    07-26-13 12:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure that TA could predict the increase in trolling on this thread on down days with 100 percent accuracy.
    07-26-13 12:34 PM
    Yup.

10. char.

Come into YOUR house, crap on YOUR floor and expect to get thanks for doing it.

Ya, I guess you wouldn't see it.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    07-26-13 12:36 PM
    Surely @Superfly_FR made his local CNET branch write this relatively positive review of the Q5 ?

Test du BlackBerry Q5 | PCWorld.fr
    The reviews of the q5 have been pretty good overall the problem is most also have a last paragraph which explains it should be avoided because currently overpriced...
    07-26-13 12:43 PM
    If correct this is bad:

http://wmpoweruser.com/blackberry-de...indows-phones/

And not simply because they picked them for internal usage but because they will have a fairly accurate idea of how bb10 devices are selling (longevity of platform is generally a selection criteria). No idea what percentage of phones they give to employees but Telefonica had about 280k employees.

Plus on the consumer side if they have decided that WP is their third player... Brown trousers in Waterloo tonight.
    07-26-13 12:53 PM
    ^^

Definitely. That is the common negative I've seen as well. That and the ever present apps negative.

edit: intended for the Q5 comment :S
    07-26-13 12:54 PM
    Page 6 of the Jefferies report actually shows a forecast of significant cash burn for Q3/Q4
    Cash burn but 2.4% q/q in q2e, 15% q3e... its not horrible, not great...

"Cash bleed less of an issue than feared. We believe that tax rebates combined with solid DSO/DPO management should enable BBRY to mitigate cash concerns. Specifically the DPO increase in FQ4 (May) increased primarily due to higher marketing and advertising expenditures related to the BB10 launch. Marketing and advertising payment terms are typically much longer than BBRY’s standard supplier payment terms, and we believe this was a major driver rather than BBRY elongating its payment terms to its hardware suppliers."
    dusdal likes this.
    07-26-13 01:03 PM
    some one posted this on SA. I wonder if it has any ground?
    "Wash sales Rule " A lot of US long buyers will start to come back next week, after taking a loss on the stock and getting a capital loss they need to wait 30 days to buy back same stock or lose the capital loss."
    Wash Sale Rule - Tax Law Rule that Defers Capital Losses
    Just one of the reasons why I bought some calls today.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 01:04 PM
    I do not believe in this after reading the below link
    EDC helping Telefonica finance BlackBerry purchases | CrackBerry.com
    If correct this is bad:

Blackberry dealt a major blow as O2 Germany dumps their Blackberrys for Windows Phones | WMPoweruser

And not simply because they picked them for internal usage but because they will have a fairly accurate idea of how bb10 devices are selling (longevity of platform is generally a selection criteria). No idea what percentage of phones they give to employees but Telefonica had about 280k employees.

Plus on the consumer side if they have decided that WP is their third player... Brown trousers in Waterloo tonight.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-26-13 01:11 PM
    The Key word there is 'facility', in other words 'upto' which means that don't have to draw it all down.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-13 01:16 PM
    I do not believe in this after reading the below link
    EDC helping Telefonica finance BlackBerry purchases | CrackBerry.com
    This is linked from there:
    26/06/2013
    Telef�nica to promote and foster sales of Windows Phone 8 in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and Chile
    - With this arrangement Telef�nica reinforces its commitment to improve the current balance of mobile operating platforms on the market, encouraging it to be more diverse and less of a duopoly.
    - The company is enhancing its commercial offering, bringing compelling alternatives to customers from the ecosystem of smartphones on the market
    Telef�nica - Press Office - Press room home - Telef�nica to promote and foster sales of Windows Phone 8 in the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Mexico, Brazil and Chile

I think that supports the WMPoweruser.com story.
    07-26-13 01:21 PM
    Sleeper cell messages sent out today' or what?
    07-26-13 01:40 PM
113,256 ... 16051606160716081609 ...