View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks Morgan! I sure hope we see something moving north soon. Even if we just move up to $10, that will raise some hopes and lighten the mood in here some.
    Thanks lcjr!

Now don't get carried away my friend, we are basing out here but the direction will be decided by others. I'm trying to show you an example of what might be developing here as we continue for the 20th day in grossly oversold territory. News trumps all else, and with BlackBerry, you never know. (I should say, "with the media, you never know"). A very quiet day with the DOW down 150 pts, kind of boring trade here inside the falling wedge. Nice to see Heins has 3.5 million reasons to do the "right thing". I got to go out on my motorcycle .................. hold the fort!
    07-26-13 10:03 AM
    CIO interview: How EasyJet supports mobility and big data on a small budget - 26 Jul 2013 - Computing Feature

Despite an apparent enthusiasm for Apple among staff, EasyJet's bring your own device (BYOD) policy isn't based around the iPhone, but rather BlackBerry. However, that's not the latest BlackBerry smartphones running on BB10, but the more traditional BlackBerry devices.

"BlackBerrys are a personal productivity tool. We chose BlackBerry when the other devices didn't have as strong security," Didcock said.

"Now I guess we could standardise and move away from BlackBerry, but people like BlackBerrys. A lot of people who come into EasyJet from other industries have been used to operating on BlackBerry. So as a personal productivity device BlackBerry has been fine."
    07-26-13 10:08 AM
    Passions tend to be fairly spirited in this thread, and much of the recent news has definitely brought out a new level of it. We aren't looking to shut down conversation, that serves neither the regular contributors, or the site. Where the line gets drawn is rudeness, as some have found out, or taking the thread off topic, and a couple of name calling sessions here a while back.

Tact is an art, in some cases lost to bald directness. It takes practice, and sometimes mere sentences don't convey it well. If something looks like an attack or getting personal, it should be rethought or even questioned before posting. Contrary to some belief, we don't live to strip members of posts and hammer people randomly. It is a balancing that which brings out the best in everyone, and that is the goal.
    07-26-13 10:09 AM
    i'm looking to get some calls today.
    07-26-13 10:12 AM
    For those who don't know who this is, he's from 'So You Think You Can Dance' and has ~ 270k followers.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000001.jpg
    Last edited by dusdal; 07-26-13 at 10:39 AM.
    spike12, Korepab, Compaqee and 8 others like this.
    07-26-13 10:28 AM
    Another note 7/15 out of Jefferies with a $18 p/t.

Misek doesn't seem too concerned w/ cash burn
    Sees a 2H enterprise refresh and BES10 being a positive.
    07-26-13 10:44 AM
    I am a pretty negative and skeptical poster, often posting contrary thoughts or popping what I think of as BS balloons. I'd like to think I do so in a respectful and thoughtful way and that there is room for disagreement, just be decent about it.

We don't have to all agree about BBRY and its future, and I think/hope dissenting views such as mine add something (little), BUT PLEASE do so in a respectful and decent manner. The Internet doesn't give people the right to be rude.
    Compaqee, m0de25, lcjr and 11 others like this.
    07-26-13 10:50 AM
    Which earns you an ignore...

Why is it some insist to do blatant things to disrupt. DBPs, I guess.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-26-13 10:52 AM
    I am a pretty negative and skeptical poster, often posting contrary thoughts or popping what I think of as BS balloons. I'd like to think I do so in a respectful and thoughtful way and that there is room for disagreement, just be decent about it.

We don't have to all agree about BBRY and its future, and I think/hope dissenting views such as mine add something (little), BUT PLEASE do so in a respectful and decent manner. The Internet doesn't give people the right to be rude.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-28405225.jpg

=)
    silversun10 and Bugmapper like this.
    07-26-13 10:53 AM

I do not think even my polite decent is appreciated!
    lcjr, m1a1mg and StormieTwo like this.
    07-26-13 10:55 AM
    I do not think even my polite decent is appreciated!
    May not be appreciated but you haven't normally been attacked because . . . . . . . you are polite about it. There is a difference. you are normally pretty positive on the upswings though.
    lcjr, morganplus8 and Compaqee like this.
    07-26-13 11:02 AM

Thanks for posting this!

Often I learn more from respectful dissenters than from fanboys. (Even though I'm a fanboy myself).

Keep up the contrary (and polite) comments!
    Compaqee and StormieTwo like this.
    07-26-13 11:03 AM
    I do not agree, we all want balanced news with facts this will help us make a good decision we do love BBRY but we love our money if you get a new with facts that BBRY is going bankrupt we will all thank you, we just don't like when people coming to nag or to make fun of us or being rude or just going after one person trying to prove them wrong without facts..etc.
    I think the real problem here is those dedicated to this thread are likely BBRY share holders, most of them hoping to hear advice to stay with BBRY, the share price is going to sky-rocket, etc.

People don't like hearing bad news, and people especially don't like hearing what they don't want to hear.
    07-26-13 11:04 AM
    No Bashing , No Flame Please

Like some asked Yesterday I follow through with my Short:

This morning the 8.89 support break on Big Volume and become the new resistance.

At 11.01am "Big Guys" dropped 1.4 million Shares in one Shoot ---->

Why we can Know it was dumped and not bought ? Because if it was bought in one shot such large block will cause price to rise over $9.00

I was short from $9.025 and Covered for the Week-End @ $8.79 for a profit of over 4K in 24 hours ---->

Monday if Nothing Change I should Try to Short Again Around $8.90 on any bounce.

What I see for the future (Unless New Data or Rumor Comes) --->

So if you have any Questions to ask to have a contrarien point of view just ask (But no Bashing Please)

Have Good Week-End to all & Take Care of the one you love (More important than Money or BB)
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-charttwitter.jpg  
    07-26-13 11:04 AM
    Why is it some insist to do blatant things to disrupt. DBPs, I guess.
    I'm sorry if my post seemed disruptive, but I thought that notfanboy brought up an important point.

The high school like clique in this thread is almost silly.
    mikeo007, notfanboy and raysgrumpy like this.
    07-26-13 11:16 AM
    Ugh this stock is embarrassing.

Someone just put an offer to buy and put us out of our misery.
    07-26-13 11:19 AM
    Not directly BB related but along the lines of security...

UK gov: Brit biz barons, get your privates in check before the spooks arrive

Spooks from GCHQ and MI5 will be given insider access to the UK's top 350 companies in a bid to reduce any damage caused by hackers wreaking havoc upon Blighty-based businesses.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-26-13 11:20 AM
    Another note 7/15 out of Jefferies with a $18 p/t.

Misek doesn't seem too concerned w/ cash burn
    Sees a 2H enterprise refresh and BES10 being a positive.
    Misek BB10 sales:
    Q1: 2.7m
    Q2: 2.5m estimate
    Q3: 3.0m estimate

And this is with a 2H enterprise refresh. For him the consumer market is dead.
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-26-13 11:32 AM
    ^^

I was just thinking that. For such a bullish target SP he has very bearish hardware figures.

I am higher on Revs and GP than he is but also higher on operating expenses 1.3 M+

I've got Q2/Q3/Q4 EPS as (0.16)/(0.20)/0.05 respectively for a (0.44) EPS full year.
    07-26-13 11:35 AM
    Ugh this stock is embarrassing.

Someone just put an offer to buy and put us out of our misery.
    It is a very ugly day on the market. Considering that BBRY is resisting.
    bungaboy and leafs123 like this.
    07-26-13 11:37 AM

And this is with a 2H enterprise refresh. For him the consumer market is dead.
    Also from the report when he estimates the value of the company, Misek says the hardware business has no value.
    The great race to the bottom . . . . .

Cheaper tablets mirror smartphone race to the bottom

OMAR EL AKKAD - TECHNOLOGY REPORTER
    The Globe and Mail
    Published Friday, Jul. 26 2013, 5:00 AM EDT
    Last updated Friday, Jul. 26 2013, 8:26 AM EDT

The race to dominate the tablet market is beginning to look like a replay of pricing shifts that allowed Apple’s competitors to narrow its lead in smartphones.

As Google Inc. unveiled the latest version of its flagship tablet this week, Apple Inc. revealed that sales of its iPad products have stalled. Nexus, a seven-inch device that runs on Google’s Android operating system, will be priced at $229 (U.S.), about $100 cheaper than the iPad Mini, and goes on sale next week in the U.S. first. Google has yet to confirm worldwide release dates.

Nexus is the most recent of a slew of new devices powered by Android. The availability of cheaper tablets that can do many of the same things the iPad can have slowly chipped away at Apple’s market share.

The company remains the single biggest player in tablets. According to research from the International Data Corporation, Apple controlled 39.6 per cent of the worldwide tablet market in the first quarter of this year. However, Apple held 58.1 per cent of market share in the same quarter last year. The decline comes as a number of Android tablet-makers are seeing their share of the market grow.

As it did in the smartphone market, Google hopes to win the tablet war with sheer volume. But growth in the sector is happening slowly, and so far, the iPad has been able to easily withstand challenges from the likes of Microsoft Corp., BlackBerry Ltd. and, to a lesser degree, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. Apple’s early lead has “given it a first-mover advantage that’s proving harder to overcome by the Android hordes,” says Tony Cripps, principal analyst with London-based consultancy Ovum.

But unless the tablet market has already reached a saturation point, Mr. Cripps sees an outcome that’s in many ways similar to what happened in the smartphone market.

“Eventually, we’re looking at Android tablets overtaking iOS ones.”

The first half of 2013 has seen a flurry of activity in the tablet market. Samsung, perhaps Apple’s strongest competitor in the mobile device market, is in the middle of releasing myriad makes and models of Android tablets designed to bridge the size and functionality gap between smartphones and laptops – many of which are priced lower than Apple’s offerings.

At the same time, Microsoft recently undertook a massive $900-million write-down on inventory of its Surface tablets, and BlackBerry announced it will no longer provide significant updates to the PlayBook. As a result, the vast majority of consumer tablets sold in the last year have run either on Apple’s iOS operating system, or Google’s Android.

In many ways, the tablet market is beginning to mirror the smartphone one, with sales of Android-based devices coming close to eclipsing the more profitable Apple tablets, leaving a number of other competitors fighting for third place with little success.

There are several reasons – unique to the form and function of a tablet – that make the market challenging for late entrants looking to gain a foothold. For one thing, most tablets fall broadly into one of two size categories – seven or 10 inches. And although companies such as Samsung are introducing other screen sizes, few other form factors have gained any traction with consumers, either because the size is so small as to resemble a large smartphone, or so big as to be cumbersome.

Users also appear to use tablets overwhelmingly to consume, rather than to create content. That has made it much more difficult for companies that specialize in productivity tools, such as Microsoft and BlackBerry, to make the case for a similarly focused tablet.

“If the tablet was being used as a PC replacement, we would have seen a potential entry point where a new entrant could come in,” says Duncan Stewart, director of technology, media and telecommunications research at Deloitte Canada. “Since that didn’t happen, most people who buy tablets already have PCs, and want tablets to be good at tablet-type things.”

The first-mover advantage in the tablet market is also arguably more insurmountable in the smartphone industry because of the way consumers purchase the product. Whereas a significant portion of smartphone customers (particularly in North America) purchase their devices from carriers, tablet users generally buy those devices from retail outlets, without a wireless plan or a subsidy. As such, carriers are largely unable to give tablets “hero” status and influence purchasing decisions.

“The ability of carriers to be intermediaries in the tablet market is minimal,” says Mr. Stewart.
    BlackistheBerry and lcjr like this.
    Page 6 of the Jefferies report actually shows a forecast of significant cash burn for Q3/Q4.

Not quoted, for the sake of others haha.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-26-13 11:42 AM
    some one posted this on SA. I wonder if it has any ground?
    "Wash sales Rule " A lot of US long buyers will start to come back next week, after taking a loss on the stock and getting a capital loss they need to wait 30 days to buy back same stock or lose the capital loss."
    Wash Sale Rule - Tax Law Rule that Defers Capital Losses
    07-26-13 11:43 AM
    07-26-13 11:49 AM
113,252 ... 16041605160616071608 ...