View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Expectations are so low now, the next earnings report will blow the forecasts out of the water. Runup to $30.
    Do you want to buy my shares for $20??? 50% return for you in only a few months.
    07-25-13 10:03 PM
    Do you want to buy my shares for $20??? 50% return for you in only a few months.
    I'll sell mine for $19!
    07-25-13 10:10 PM
    sweep or sweet?
    LOL... a bit of both... they did a sweep but made it sweet....
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-13 10:11 PM
    Anybody else looking at the A10 specs and wondering if those specs are locked in or is there still chances that they will change?
    07-25-13 10:14 PM
    Earnings forecasts ... I don't care for them and theink they mean nothing along with actual earnings.

BUT, I do agree with the next two quarter's estimates:
    BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Earnings Forecast - NASDAQ.com

I think 3 quarters out is anyones guess since BES will be out so we will get some revs from that along with some BB10 sales that should come along with BB10. And the A10 should be in that quarter. It's a big quarter. Still praying for some big news *cough* Netflix *cough* Pandora *cough* WiFi Direct/Miracast to HDMI dongle with Blackberry branding *cough*

Man, I'm feeling sick.

Off to explore FBN. Spent a month or two watching it tank.
    Shanerredflag and Randeman like this.
    07-25-13 10:15 PM
    I'll sell mine for $19!
    If I could afford them and hang on to them for two years I'd buy them off you.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-13 10:16 PM
    Is it me or did the mods make a sweet in here?
    I was going to blame the crown and Stella, but now that is cleared I can continue....lol

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:16 PM
    So...about that sweet Germany broadcaster:

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-13 10:17 PM
    You guys are cracking me up and I'm only drinking bud light. Lol
    07-25-13 10:19 PM
    So.... with respect to a lot of new "views" lately on this thread....

TA- I suppose people are being led to believe that we all believe TA is THE thing. It trumps news.

There are many here who are supposedly here to help us. Thank you!
    But... where were you before the ER?
    I suppose you could have helped us MORE if you had been posting so aggressively before???

BlackBerry has no future. Let's take this a little further....

They realised this. So they thought, you know what, since we are going down, let's give BBM away for free to our competitors. After all, Canadians are known to be generous.
    And while we are at it, let's spend some $$$ and create BBM channels. We will also give it away for free.

And in case you guys didn't know, BlackBerry is stupid. The don't have calculators. They didn't know that the revenue from BIS will decline as BB10 gets adopted more and more. They have not accounted for it in their turnaround plans at all.

Also, the fair value of BlackBerry's SP is approximately $ 3.45. And this includes the cash, patents, assets, etc. So if there are shares available to short, that's the way to go.

These are just some of the things that "come to light" after reading some of the posts lately............
    07-25-13 10:25 PM

TA- I suppose people are being led to believe that we all believe TA is THE thing. It trumps news.

I suppose you could have helped us MORE if you had been posting so aggressively before???

They realised this. So they thought, you know what, since we are going down, let's give BBM away for free to our competitors. After all, Canadians are known to be generous.
    And while we are at it, let's spend some $$$ and create BBM channels. We will also give it away for free.

And in case you guys didn't know, BlackBerry is stupid. The don't have calculators. They didn't know that the revenue from BIS will decline as BB10 gets adopted more and more. They have not accounted for it in their turnaround plans at all.

Also, the fair value of BlackBerry's SP is approximately $ 3.45. And this includes the cash, patents, assets, etc. So if there are shares available to short, that's the way to go.

These are just some of the things that "come to light" after reading some of the posts lately............
    Thank you sir.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 10:28 PM
    Mama's calling...night

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-13 10:33 PM

My post relate to what I thought was a lack of balance after the earnings call. BBRY missed badly but I saw folks still looking to buy based on tech analysis, fundamentals etc. & I just wanted to throw out another voice after ER.

I think the folks here are great & bring a fairly positive view of BBRY that is refreshing in the sea of negative news. Perhaps the naysayers were slow to comment (myself included) but nothing makes an argument like earnings.

I use this board as a proxy for sentiment on when if ever to get back in the name, till then, ill challenge (respectfully) some of the comments if only to see how far off base I am.
    07-25-13 10:42 PM
    Just got off the phone with Prem, he told me not to worry. Also he offered to pay for the booze at the $100 party.
    07-25-13 10:49 PM
    LMFAO. Now that's funny sh*t

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    07-25-13 11:00 PM
    How far do you think those shorts can drag the stock down. I entered bbry at 7,30$ and then bought some more at 11,xx$ and sold everything at 11.xx when the earning report came out (no stop loss). I m really anxious to get back in the fight but I want to buy at the lowest sp possible. Cheers from montreal
    07-25-13 11:04 PM
    Just got off the phone with Prem, he told me not to worry. Also he offered to pay for the booze at the $100 party.
    Speaking of Prem, didn't he once say that the time to buy is at the point of maximum pessimism? I believe this is one of those points. I'm actually thinking of buying a few shares for no other reason than to satisfy my contrarian urges. Anyone else buying?
    huwit, lcjr and rarsen like this.
    07-25-13 11:05 PM
    Speaking of Prem, didn't he once say that the time to buy is at the point of maximum pessimism? I believe this is one of those points. I'm actually thinking of buying a few shares for no other reason than to satisfy my contrarian urges. Anyone else buying?
    I just made a post about that investing strategy on the "Blackberry bashing" thread. I read about it on Crackberry somewhere. I find the way in which BBRY is being treated by the media, in comment sections and hell even here on Crackberry is Apocalyptic.

I never invested in a stock before but have always been interested in doing so. With that being said BBRY seems like a great buy right now.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    07-25-13 11:15 PM
    Anybody else looking at the A10 specs and wondering if those specs are locked in or is there still chances that they will change?
    I quite frankly don't think it is a flag ship. I think it is a Z10 clone with a lower cost design (non removable battery for example) and a larger screen. And to be frank, in the USA, with current rumored specs, they'll have to sell it for $1 on contract unless it is quad core.

I am saying again and again and again. If they don't start showing me something big picture that says they are going after consumers, they are done for. The need netflix, they need Pandora. They need to be able to stream wirelessly to my TV. They need this stuff. The thing is, to stream Netflix to the TV and do other things with the phone, you need quad core!

I really don;t know who they are targeting as customers with the A10. I can't imagine it is enterprise. And there is no one on the planet that will leave Android or iOS to try BB10. Give them a reason! Joe Shmoe average consumer will not buy the A10 or Z10 or Q10 or Q5 because the OS is good.

The only saving grace is The containerization for Android and iOS along with cross platform BBM. They could actually transition to the Android operating system quite easily. I hate to say it, but why not make an Android device? They could keep BB10 for people that want real security (enterprise/gov't) but they have pretty much made it possible to transition into Android devices also.
    lcjr likes this.
    07-25-13 11:24 PM
    How far do you think those shorts can drag the stock down. I entered bbry at 7,30$ and then bought some more at 11,xx$ and sold everything at 11.xx when the earning report came out (no stop loss). I m really anxious to get back in the fight but I want to buy at the lowest sp possible. Cheers from montreal
    I wouldn't be shocked to see it go under $8. I am in no rush. If it gets that low, I will consider deeply whether or not I invest more money or not. My plan now is jsut to let what I have invested ride. On a run up to say $13, I will think about selling some of my holdings off.
    07-25-13 11:41 PM
    If they sold 6 million BB10 phones and earnings missed by 50 cents, I'd be loading up right now. The issue is that no one wants the BB10 OS.

The MDM market when it peaks a few years from now at best is worth $5B in market cap. $10B optimisitcally (VERY OPTIMISTICALLY).

QNX makes BBRY almost no money.

BIS revs are going away.

I know I missed a few things but seriously ...

Pessimism is one thing. But so is falling into a "value trap". Pessimisim was when BBRY was to $7 pre Z10 release. That was stupid. Trading under book at that point was pessimsim. Now the Z10 is out, the cards are on the table. It's not pessimism anymore. Pesimism would be for BBRY to drop to less than cash/share.

Deep breath .... nothing is going to change with BBRY till BES is producing revenues. Let's see what happens then. The A10 is in all likelihood going to flop barring a miracle or some strange secret that BBRY has kept secret. How many surprises have there been so far? ZERO. And BBRY execs hide in their offices in silence. The reason for the silence is because there are no secrets. There is the A10 whcih is about to FLOP everywhere.

I have lost all faith. Right now it is a gamble. And a bad one at that. Just look at where revs are coming from going forward and make honest estimates. BES, how many users? How much cash per user? How many phones? How much in revs from phones? Don't worry about the little rev generators. Ignore BIS because it is a ghost. The outlook is bleak. I quite frankly think Prem broke a rule. He invested in a sector he does not understand.

Prem owns SD. It's an oil and gas company. I bought it to. People will buy oilk and gas. It's worth 2x more than current quote.
    Prem owns RFP. That's lumber. Guess what, lumber and paper products which will always be needed. I own this one to. It's cheap.
    Prem owns BBRY. So do I. Guess what might not be around in 6 months? BB10. Guess what industry has about 100 competitors right now with a bunch that are more popular than BES? That's teh MDM industry.

Sorry for being a pessimist. People just need to be honest and start looking at the numbers that determine what a company is worth. BBRY will be lucky to get 10% of the MDM industry. because most companies will save money by going with good enough. very few companies need "the best". How many here drive a Bentley? Even people that can afford one probably settle for a BMW 7 series because it's good enough.

BBRY is officially a gamble. END RANT
    Last edited by kfh227; 07-26-13 at 12:00 AM.
    aniym likes this.
    07-25-13 11:46 PM
    �It would take next to nothing to have a monster pop from here�

Really, you�re basing this on bollinger bands? Response: How stupid is this comment.

�As for the job losses, it makes sense that after a 5,000 human count dump, they would be left to hiring a few hundred new employees and letting a few hundred go, companies with 11,000 employees are rebalancing their staff all the time.�

This is a joke right, everything in this post is slanted to the positive... with nothing to back it up? Where�s the balance... shame on you! Response: Do some research and get back to us with how many new jobs BlackBerry created in the last 6-months, I think the joke's on you.

Waiting for a company to announce something is like waiting for a white knight to come save the damsel in distress... it rarely happens that way and not a rationale for buying a stock or holding a losing position. Response: A white knight could be any of 1,000 news making events like a DoD BES10 MDM contract. Or a partnership with Lenovo or Sony or IBM or, ..... you don't understand anything I'm saying here do you?
    LOL ............ Clearly, reading and comprehension aren't your strong points.

We have many contributors to this thread who are providing thoughtful analysis, demonstrating sound reasoning, in-depth knowledge of the topic at hand, and, factual, well researched, and/or intuitive information regarding their point of view or argument, but, we would still openly welcome your "special insight" re: the topic at hand ..... without the "calling out" and/or "insults".

But only a hypocrite like you would slam someone else's point of view, while not having posted a single positive thing about BBRY since you got here, post Fiscal Q1/2014 ...... all of this while blatantly ignoring the title of the thread. Now go back to bashing BBRY and anyone who dares to want to spend their time in the deep end of the intellectual pool. You would simply be dismissed as laughable if you weren't so rude.
    07-26-13 01:09 AM
    If they sold 6 million BB10 phones and earnings missed by 50 cents, I'd be loading up right now. The issue is that no one wants the BB10 OS.

The MDM market when it peaks a few years from now at best is worth $5B in market cap. $10B optimisitcally (VERY OPTIMISTICALLY).

QNX makes BBRY almost no money.

BIS revs are going away.

I know I missed a few things but seriously ...

BBM is the one that interests me, that is currently being hauled as another possible hail Mary but if you look at the current market leaders, they are not making significant chunks of money (in mobile terms) - so even if bbm became the market leader it is not a massive revenue stream - yes I know someone is going to say "but it will convince people to try blackberry' but I don't buy that.
    07-26-13 01:51 AM
    Marke share in q2-2013 using data from IDC:

Android: 80.24%
    Apple: 13.1%
    WP: 3.8% ?
    BB: 2.9% Sales stable in june?

Lumia: 3.1%
    BB10: 1.1% ?

It looks like a monopoly.

Growth Accelerates in the Worldwide Mobile Phone and Smartphone Markets in the Second Quarter, According to IDC - prUS24239313
    Last edited by tiziano27; 07-26-13 at 02:09 AM.
    07-26-13 01:53 AM
    Canadian Diabetes Association Saves Costs by Switching to BlackBerry-Only Solution

“By centralizing our BlackBerry solution, we realized this move would bring us tremendous cost savings. We estimate that the CDA will save as much as $250,000 over years; that includes data costs, long distance savings, hardware upgrades and paying to end contracts early,” Carpenter said
    The CDA’s employees are happy as well. “When we migrated our users over to the BlackBerry solution,” Carpenter said, “I asked them to show me anything they couldn’t do that they were already doing on their previous device. It’s not a hard sell once they begin using the BlackBerry device.”

Canadian Diabetes Association Cuts Cost With BlackBerry-Only Solution �Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    07-26-13 01:58 AM
113,256 ... 16011602160316041605 ...