View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Let me tell you why I'm skeptical about this. TA talks about lines of support, lines of resistance, bands, cup and handles, etc. It conjures up images of a mechanical thing that obeys some laws of mechanics. "We are testing the support line". "We broke the resistance" It like those red lines and blue lines is some kind of physical scaffolding and structures that somehow affects the movement of the graph. I think those lines and their effect are imaginary.
    I also have a healthy skepticism wrt technical analysis. I much prefer a fundamentals analysis for investment decision. This is likely because my timeline is quite a bit longer and I don't have the time, or quick-thinking to play movements on a daily basis.

However, I would argue that these lines do have significance. The reason they have significance is because there are many other people with lots of money who also believe they mean something. This is why it follows both technical and psychological patterns, because everyone believes those SP values have meaning.

It's like money. It's actually nothing; just printed paper. However, we all know and accept it's value and so, it has value.
    Last edited by dusdal; 07-25-13 at 05:47 PM.
    07-25-13 05:31 PM
    I don't understand some of the long winded or never ending posts from the anti BlackBerry fans here. what is it would you like to see happen with BlackBerry? Do you want everyone at BlackBerry to lose their jobs? What would make you unhappy negative people happy?

Posted via CB10
    I think the word you're looking for is balance.

Also on the job loss front, based on the comments here (Morgan), job losses are good for the company & most importantly; the stock price going up as a result.
    07-25-13 05:38 PM
    Like I told Yesterday during the day I opened a Short Pos today, so logically if I have do it, Other have see the opportunity too & do it too.

From my point of view as soon 8,89 will be broken we will go fast to $8.75.
    Time will tell.

Good Luck to all & No flame please !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg  
    danprown likes this.
    07-25-13 05:43 PM
    One of the reasons why breaking the into the US will be hard for BBRY & why they need to ramp up their marketing efforts; great products help too:

Apple is America’s computer, tablet, and smartphone brand of the year | VentureBeat
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-25-13 05:45 PM
    According to CBC, BlackBerry employs 16000 people. I thought it was in the 11000s.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:04 PM
    I also have a healthy skepticism wrt technical analysis. I much prefer a fundamentals analysis for investment decision. This is likely because my timeline is quite a bit longer and I don't have the time, or quick-thinking to play movements on a daily basis.

However, I would argue that these lines do have significance. The reason they have significance is because there are many other people with lots of money who also believe they mean something. This is why it follows both technical and psychological patterns, because everyone believes those SP values have meaning.
    Yes, like the placebo effect. I have two objections to this explanation.

First is that old classic, the efficient market hypothesis. If these patterns actually work, more and more people will start to take advantage of the patterns, which has the effect of destroying the inefficiency that makes prediction possible. You could go to wikipedia and pull up a better explanation than my awkward phrasing.

Second is algorithmic trading, People aren't doing the bulk of the trading anymore, computer programs are. They would hunt down and destroy any opportunities in milliseconds, much faster than any chartist could ever do.
    07-25-13 06:08 PM
    Maybe your objections are correct. It could also not be a dichotomous truth, but rather spectral. I don't know.

What do you use for determining what you invest in?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:13 PM
    Like I told Yesterday during the day I opened a Short Pos today, so logically if I have do it, Other have see the opportunity too & do it too.

http://i.imm.io/1dzVd.gif

Time will tell.

Good one!

Our position oppose but I'm pleased to see you followed through with your convictions.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:15 PM
    Don't forget to report back when you cover and at what price.
    07-25-13 06:22 PM
    India:

hate to rain on everyone's parade ...
    Nokia and BlackBerry's market share in India dives, as domestic rivals see tenfold annual growth

Every day that passes I jsut get more and more pessimistic. I'd love a short term run up so I can dump everything I own. BBRY is pretty much screwed.
    07-25-13 06:37 PM
    After a death, Apple tells Chinese to only use official chargers

The company posts the guidance on its Chinese site after a woman was allegedly electrocuted while answering a call on her iPhone as it was charging.
    July 25, 2013 5:32 AM PDT

I think Apple should do a massive product recall before more people/children die.
    How can Apple recall third party chargers?
    CDM76 and barnfoot like this.
    07-25-13 06:37 PM
    I am not an expert but I am not foreseen $8.75 anytime soon.

http://i.imm.io/1dzVd.gif

Time will tell.

07-25-13 06:38 PM
    According to CBC, BlackBerry employs 16000 people. I thought it was in the 11000s.

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget they are a privately run public (tax payer funded) company so likely most have been on holidays since they did the cuts 14 months ago. (wink wink)

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:42 PM
    India:

Nokia and BlackBerry's market share in India dives, as domestic rivals see tenfold annual growth

Every day that passes I jsut get more and more pessimistic. I'd love a short term run up so I can dump everything I own. BBRY is pretty much screwed.
    I think the transition to software is inevitable. The first shot over the bow is BBM, Chanel may take hold, may not, NOC as a secure safe firmware OTA layer...

I have believed this since last summer...the devices are just a bonus....patients is my plan...time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, W Hoa, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-25-13 06:49 PM
    India:

Hard not to be pessimistic at times.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-25-13 06:56 PM
    India:

Odd, I read a contradicting report the other week about the trade in program boosting sales in India (or was it UAE) by 40%. Not sure the base number though.

I think me and you are pretty much in the same boat in terms of paper loss (I recall, could be wrong). Does suck indeed. However, by December, I think the picture of BB will be a lot clearer.
    07-25-13 06:56 PM
    Expectations are so low now, the next earnings report will blow the forecasts out of the water. Runup to $30.
    bungaboy, BlackistheBerry and lcjr like this.
    07-25-13 07:01 PM
    All the doom and gloom...I still feel positive:

And one more for the younger set...(nope, not a Boss song).

Posted via CB10
    Aham1984, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    07-25-13 07:17 PM
    First I'm not here to bash!

Some Users here ask why peoples short BBRY ?

Because they think it will go lower based on what they know from the company (Any sources including BBRY & Forum like Here)

I trade for living: Swing & DayTrade , so I don't really fall in love with company or Stock. I can be long & short in the same week on the same stock (sometime on the same day).

Last Month I was long AAPL since around 413 & from the what APPL show to me (Numbers), tell to me (New Devices on Pipeline), from what I hear from causal peoples (They want Idevices) & The marketing APPL: do I concluded that Shortly it could go to 450.00 EZ. for ER.... I was wrong a bit (since I have no crystal ball) it goes 440 in pre-market & 445 intraday but this morning I sold at $439.75 just before 9:30 to protect my Capital : Proof ------>

http://charts.stocktwits.net/product...l_14757725.gif

And for now I'm bullish on AAPL but not in love with a Ticker/Stock it can Pullback to 430 consolidate & goes to 450. I can buy anytime, any day or choose to look at better set-up with Other stock.

The case for BBRY from my point of View:

The stock will go down to at least $8 EZ and 75% of chance to $7.75 based on the same set of criterias that I used for AAPL to go long (No discrimination here) .

If it jump to $9.03-9.05 I will Short (If shares are available to borrow) at least 5000 share with 20 cents Stop. Till $8.50 will Tight my stop to 10 cents $8.40 will put a Trailing Stop of 7 cents till I wil be Stopped Out by my trailing Stop.

This way you can see how peoples with different position of you think about Trading BBRY or AAPL or Any Others Stock.

My Rules don't love any Stock you own NOTHING to any company here.

Shorting has a good purposes on the market if you study Stock, one of those is to provide liquidity to the market

Feel fre to ask questions if you have some & good luck to all
    Of course I don't like the short weight on BlackBerry shoulders.
    But thanks for the explantion.

Edit: not posting much but still reading, hope everybody's fine.
    Cheers !
    Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-25-13 07:23 PM
    Naw....it takes a special kind of person to do what they do lol.

It's not about point of view, it's about FUD...I guess our little thread is getting attention and these idiots gotta come on once or twice a day to spread opposite beliefs and try to provoke a fight to get our thread shut down.

Tell me Mike E from Calgary with a grayed out Avatar which mimics an ignored post box is here for valid genneral on topic discussion.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 07:51 PM
    Found this....basic interpretation is FUD spreading weinies invade CrackBerry's forum....guy at end is sooo embarrassed.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-25-13 08:15 PM
    Found this....basic interpretation is FUD spreading weinies invade CrackBerry's forum....guy at end is sooo embarrassed.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao... wtf? She was kind of hot.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-25-13 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hahha....

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    So I guess you'd discuss wiener Shnitzel with her then? Lol

Posted via CB10
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-13 08:27 PM
    So I guess you'd discuss wiener Shnitzel with her then? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Dress that girl up in leather, 6 inch heels, and give her a whip and I'd discuss whatever the **** she wants...
    07-25-13 08:34 PM
113,256 ... 15991600160116021603 ...