View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Ssshh. Don't tell anybody that BBRY is going up!!
    bungaboy, sidhuk and CDM76 like this.
    07-25-13 11:48 AM
    This is a joke right? Hard to tell here sometimes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    This is no joke. Go to cnet.com and click on the news tab and then scroll down to read the story.
    07-25-13 12:03 PM
    For the last several days the SP on TSX has hit a wall at $9.30 cdn. We have finally broke through that ... at least for the moment. This is when we need a little input from our friend M8.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-13 12:06 PM
    This is no joke. Go to cnet.com and click on the news tab and then scroll down to read the story.
    OK you explain to me how apple does a product recall of knock-off chargers (which is what this appears to be) or indeed why they are responsible in first place?
    07-25-13 12:07 PM
    Our "BB Theme Song" . . . . . we shall overcome, however.

07-25-13 12:08 PM
    Is the FBI going to rely on the security of Samsung? I doubt it.
    I doubt the FBI, CIA or even the DoD has many secrets left. China is now concentrating on the large corporations.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-13 12:13 PM
    For the last several days the SP on TSX has hit a wall at $9.30 cdn. We have finally broke through that ... at least for the moment. This is when we need a little input from our friend M8.
    Canadian dollar gained again today. That's all.
    07-25-13 12:13 PM
    After a death, Apple tells Chinese to only use official chargers | Apple - CNET News
    07-25-13 12:15 PM
    From his mornings roundup over at Barrons, Tiernan Ray offers a few notes from a Citigroup report:

AAPL, QCOM Losers As Smartphones Approach �Exhaustion,� Says Citi

The result is the maturity of the smartphone market, and the rise of software and services:

Smartphone hardware is following the typical pattern of diminishing marginal utility and may be approaching the point of near-zero marginal utility (this incidentally puts the onus of incremental utility on software & services). Said differently, we argue that smartphone hardware may be �good enough� at least at this point in time.
    AAPL, QCOM Losers As Smartphones Approach �Exhaustion,� Says Citi - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    07-25-13 12:32 PM
    This low volume is bloody painful. I keep expecting a spike in sellers. Seems to be a typical thing after a day of green.
    07-25-13 12:33 PM
    From his mornings roundup over at Barrons, Tiernan Ray offers a few notes from a Citigroup report:

AAPL, QCOM Losers As Smartphones Approach �Exhaustion,� Says Citi - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    From same report:

For BlackBerry (BBRY), rated Sell, �The increase innovation by other smartphone OEMs increases the risk that Blackberry may need to cut its pricing at an accelerated rated as well as increase its product innovation, both of which would put pressure on the company�s margin.�
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-25-13 01:07 PM
    From same report:
    Which reinforces the point Citi was making about software and services.
    07-25-13 01:13 PM
    Microsoft should buy BlackBerry, the current enterprise value is equivalent a 2 surface flops (1.8 billion), not a big deal for them. They could offer $14 which is equivalent to 5 surface flops.
    The adoption of BES10 in the corporate market would be much faster being backed by Microsoft and their services. BES10 is a generation ahead of Windows Intune.
    Microsoft could use a more sober OS to enter the corporate market.
    And BBM has more potential in hands of MS than with BlackBerry alone.
    Chicago777Guy likes this.
    07-25-13 01:19 PM
    MSFT or IBM

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 01:29 PM
    They might buy bbry for IP but the chances of them offering bbos or bb10 are zero... There is as much chance as them offering iOS.
    07-25-13 01:33 PM
    Microsoft could use a more sober OS to enter the corporate market.
    But BB continues to lose ground to Apple in the corporate market. I don't think the sobriety of the OS is a big factor there.
    07-25-13 01:36 PM
    They might buy bbry for IP but the chances of them offering bbos or bb10 are zero...

I wouldn't say zero. There are over 70 million BBOS users who all generate high margin income. Once you get rid of the operational costs of running the business, as they will be greatly reduced if purchased, then that becomes an inherited revenue stream. BB10, maybe you're right but who knows, but to say zero chance is being short sighted.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-13 01:37 PM
    I wouldn't say zero. There are over 70 million BBOS users who all generate high margin income. Once you get rid of the operational costs of running the business, as they will be greatly reduced if purchased, then that becomes an inherited revenue stream. BB10, maybe you're right but who knows, but to say zero chance is being short sighted.

It is not always simply about money, the culture of MS would not allow it, they have their solutions and to MS they are the best and that is it - plus the revenue from the declining bbos isn't enough to make it worth buying - where is the growth?

MS's enterprise divisions are growing far faster than blackberry as a company.
    07-25-13 01:43 PM
    It is not always simply about money, the culture of MS would not allow it, they have their solutions and to MS they are the best and that is it - plus the revenue from the declining bbos isn't enough to make it worth buying - where is the growth?

Either way, it's a hypothetical situation but I can't see them not taking advantage of an extra 2 billion in gross margin for the year (assuming an 80% or so margin)
    07-25-13 01:48 PM
    My oh my, Catherine is looking especially hot today.

And she's still winking at me.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 02:19 PM

MS's enterprise divisions are growing far faster than blackberry as a company.
    The enterprise division of Microsoft is strongest than ever, but not in mobile which is the future.

Well, they are running Linux in Azure, and not as a secrete, they promote it.

BBOS and BB10 are important for the adoption of BES10, they would have to support them.

They could migrate BB10 to run on top of the Windows kernel so it can use WP8 apps, run with less hardware and take market share where BBOS is strong. Some kind of a public beta of a plan b with a good excuse.
    07-25-13 02:21 PM
    I am sorry but this is getting too fantastical to carry on - you might as well be talking about what Heins will do when he is running MS . .

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2
    anon(4086547) and CDM76 like this.
    07-25-13 02:25 PM
    I am sorry but this is getting too fantastical to carry on - you might as well be talking about what Heins will do when he is running MS . .

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Lol...agree although I'd pay money to see TH do the screaming and hoping Ballmer bit.
    cjcampbell and m0de25 like this.
    07-25-13 02:32 PM
    One more time with feeling:

07-25-13 02:37 PM
    MSFT or IBM

Posted via CB10
    Facebook...they will continue to push with their mobile play.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    07-25-13 02:40 PM
113,256 ... 15971598159916001601 ...