427 37.82%
    Wonder what the layoff positions were?

Posted via CB10
    LoL, I get it. agreed.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-25-13 09:33 AM
    Appy Pie Announces Support for Blackberry 10 OS & Passbook Passes

California (PRWEB) July 25, 2013

The market was taken by a storm when BlackBerry unveiled its latest OS BlackBerry 10 for the users. The new OS has received many positive reviews from the critics and the company is pushing this OS aggressively in the market. This new OS also meant a new platform for app development for users of Appy Pie, the fast growing cloud based Mobile Apps Builder that allows users with no programming skills to create an App, which now has added Support for Blackberry 10 Apps.

or

Appy Pie Announces Support for Blackberry 10 OS & Passbook Passes - MarketWatch

Maybe this is part of our problem, "allows users with no programming skills to create an App"...
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-13 09:34 AM
    “It would take next to nothing to have a monster pop from here”

Really, you’re basing this on bollinger bands?

“As for the job losses, it makes sense that after a 5,000 human count dump, they would be left to hiring a few hundred new employees and letting a few hundred go, companies with 11,000 employees are rebalancing their staff all the time.”

This is a joke right, everything in this post is slanted to the positive... with nothing to back it up? Where’s the balance... shame on you!

Waiting for a company to announce something is like waiting for a white knight to come save the damsel in distress... it rarely happens that way and not a rationale for buying a stock or holding a losing position.
    I think your missing the "discussion" aspect here...this is not investment advice!
    bungaboy, dusdal and morganplus8 like this.
    07-25-13 09:34 AM
    We have a winner!
    not by for though.?
    07-25-13 09:35 AM
    blackberry hiring 183 people. link only works on desktop for me. not on ipad. just sayin.
    BlackBerry - Career Opportunities - Canada
    I like the last job posted - gotta scroll way down to see it - personal assistant for Carl Icahn, needed soonest.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-25-13 09:39 AM
    I like the last job posted - gotta scroll way down to see it - personal assistant for Carl Icahn, needed soonest.
    lol...yeah. I know it would help the share price but personally I would prefer gains built off or solid performance over time. Icahn would slice and dice this up for a few bucks and BB would be playing bridge with Palm in the "once was" club.
    W Hoa, danprown, dusdal and 4 others like this.
    07-25-13 09:44 AM
    I think your missing the "discussion" aspect here...this is not investment advice!
    I’m in a chat room and I post a chart w/ commentary on this indicator showing that prices could pop higher is a deliberate slant... not discussion. I’ll concede it’s not investment advice but I never said it was.

But if you’re going to post things laced w/ hopium, then some downside risks would be warranted as well... in my humble opinion.
    07-25-13 09:48 AM
    lol...yeah. I know it would help the share price but personally I would prefer gains built off or solid performance over time. Icahn would slice and dice this up for a few bucks and BB would be playing bridge with Palm in the "once was" club.
    So you say the share price would go up?? lol JK
    07-25-13 09:48 AM
    Lol, depends on what is needed. in china, they have job opening for corporate investigator, to investigate corporate frauds
    Randeman likes this.
    07-25-13 09:52 AM
    Wow lot's of haters and bashers on this thread today screaming their lungs out trying to get investors to sell . Some of those I know who have shorted BBRY have now covered and starting buying some shares. With 160 million shares short who will have to cover it would impossible to do so unless short seller find more weak hands. Going around the other BBRY sites all you see is a sea of negativity and attacks 24/7.
    sidhuk, Jahcure, Randeman and 5 others like this.
    07-25-13 09:52 AM
    Yes, hoping for Larry the Liquidator to bump up share prices is not part of "I support BBRY and I buy shares." It is the opposite: "I don't care for BBRY and just want $$$"

Shanerredflag and notfanboy like this.
    07-25-13 09:54 AM
    I’m in a chat room and I post a chart w/ commentary on this indicator showing that prices could pop higher is a deliberate slant... not discussion. I’ll concede it’s not investment advice but I never said it was.

But if you’re going to post things laced w/ hopium, then some downside risks would be warranted as well... in my humble opinion.
    Fine...but do it without the snide "please" bs...not appreciated in these parts. I think you would agree there are more tactful ways to convey your message?
    m0de25, dusdal, cjcampbell and 6 others like this.
    07-25-13 09:56 AM
    Wow lot's of haters and bashers on this thread today screaming their lungs out trying to get investors to sell . Some of those I know who have shorted BBRY have now covered and starting buying some shares. With 160 million shares short who will have to cover it would impossible to do so unless short seller find more weak hands. Going around the other BBRY sites all you see is a sea of negativity and attacks 24/7.
    Well I'm only one person, but I'll be that one person that continues to support Blackberry. I can understand how and why folks get frustrated though because myself and everyone posting on this thread has had our moments. This is a hard time and testing faith in the company is sometimes more than some folks can deal with. I have my own reasons why I feel BB will continue to thrive in the mobile and software business and those reasons keep me investing. What keeps me on this thread are the discussions, off-topic and after hour rants, and good on-line friendships. Although BB is going through growing/changing phases, keeping a positive outlook on the thread helps get us through to the next positive event. Here's to all of us sticking it out!
    07-25-13 10:03 AM
    What is there to be positive about? The news on the whole is bad, the devices aren't setting the world on fire, new launches are weak, executives are being fired or quitting and the stock price is leaving many of us with a loss. I am just not sure how to make lemonade out of the lemons that BBRY keeps hurling at us.
    07-25-13 10:08 AM
    What is there to be positive about? The news on the whole is bad, the devices aren't setting the world on fire, new launches are weak, executives are being fired or quitting and the stock price is leaving many of us with a loss. I am just not sure how to make lemonade out of the lemons that BBRY keeps hurling at us.
    I can certainly feel your frustrations buddy. What keeps me around are the things Blackberry is involved with besides phones. I believe they will be a leader in what will become "mobile computing" and I feel they wil be the world leader in secure software. I have my own thoughts on what the DoD is going to do and feel BB will be a major part of that even if we share space with others "for now". Just my thoughts on all this.
    07-25-13 10:14 AM
    “It would take next to nothing to have a monster pop from here”

Really, you’re basing this on bollinger bands?

“As for the job losses, it makes sense that after a 5,000 human count dump, they would be left to hiring a few hundred new employees and letting a few hundred go, companies with 11,000 employees are rebalancing their staff all the time.”

This is a joke right, everything in this post is slanted to the positive... with nothing to back it up? Where’s the balance... shame on you!

Waiting for a company to announce something is like waiting for a white knight to come save the damsel in distress... it rarely happens that way and not a rationale for buying a stock or holding a losing position.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-serious-e14739.jpg
    07-25-13 10:17 AM
    Seems like the media has a diverse take on what happened in Waterloo
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bblo.jpg  
    07-25-13 10:36 AM
    Yes, hoping for Larry the Liquidator to bump up share prices is not part of "I support BBRY and I buy shares." It is the opposite: "I don't care for BBRY and just want $$$"
    I'm not interested in having anything broken up. Just need something to cause a little squeeze and get our stock price back to where it should be. Also, I'm not interested in just a quick gain - I'm in this until way after the $100 party. I'm in it for the centennial parties that will follow afterward.

Been long since 2009. (Yes, that is what she said)
    Last edited by Randeman; 07-25-13 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Edit:
    07-25-13 11:10 AM
    I so agree with you!
    Well I'm only one person, but I'll be that one person that continues to support Blackberry. I can understand how and why folks get frustrated though because myself and everyone posting on this thread has had our moments. This is a hard time and testing faith in the company is sometimes more than some folks can deal with. I have my own reasons why I feel BB will continue to thrive in the mobile and software business and those reasons keep me investing. What keeps me on this thread are the discussions, off-topic and after hour rants, and good on-line friendships. Although BB is going through growing/changing phases, keeping a positive outlook on the thread helps get us through to the next positive event. Here's to all of us sticking it out!
    07-25-13 11:23 AM
    After a death, Apple tells Chinese to only use official chargers

The company posts the guidance on its Chinese site after a woman was allegedly electrocuted while answering a call on her iPhone as it was charging.
    July 25, 2013 5:32 AM PDT

I think Apple should do a massive product recall before more people/children die.
    07-25-13 11:33 AM
    Ottawa spared from latest round of BlackBerry layoffs

?This is part of the next stage of our turnaround plan to increase efficiencies and scale our company correctly for new opportunities in mobile computing. We will be as transparent as possible as those plans evolve,? the company said in an e-mail.

http://m.obj.ca/Technology/2013-07-2...erry-layoffs/1
    07-25-13 11:34 AM
    Is the FBI going to rely on the security of Samsung? I doubt it.
    Kid Vibe, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    07-25-13 11:35 AM
    After a death, Apple tells Chinese to only use official chargers

The company posts the guidance on its Chinese site after a woman was allegedly electrocuted while answering a call on her iPhone as it was charging.
    July 25, 2013 5:32 AM PDT

I think Apple should do a massive product recall before more people/children die.
    Imagine if this happened with BB... CNN would be all over it.

RIP BTW
    07-25-13 11:37 AM
    Imagine if this happened with BB... CNN would be all over it.

RIP BTW
    And their dev site is still down after a week, and also the new activation servers are down. BB would be eaten alive.
    07-25-13 11:43 AM

This is a joke right? Hard to tell here sometimes...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    OMGitworks and barnfoot like this.
    07-25-13 11:45 AM
113,256 ... 15961597159815991600 ...