View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    First I'm not here to bash!

Some Users here ask why peoples short BBRY ?

Because they think it will go lower based on what they know from the company (Any sources including BBRY & Forum like Here)

I trade for living: Swing & DayTrade , so I don't really fall in love with company or Stock. I can be long & short in the same week on the same stock (sometime on the same day).

Last Month I was long AAPL since around 413 & from the what APPL show to me (Numbers), tell to me (New Devices on Pipeline), from what I hear from causal peoples (They want Idevices) & The marketing APPL: do I concluded that Shortly it could go to 450.00 EZ. for ER.... I was wrong a bit (since I have no crystal ball) it goes 440 in pre-market & 445 intraday but this morning I sold at $439.75 just before 9:30 to protect my Capital : Proof ------>

And for now I'm bullish on AAPL but not in love with a Ticker/Stock it can Pullback to 430 consolidate & goes to 450. I can buy anytime, any day or choose to look at better set-up with Other stock.

The case for BBRY from my point of View:

The stock will go down to at least $8 EZ and 75% of chance to $7.75 based on the same set of criterias that I used for AAPL to go long (No discrimination here) .

If it jump to $9.03-9.05 I will Short (If shares are available to borrow) at least 5000 share with 20 cents Stop. Till $8.50 will Tight my stop to 10 cents $8.40 will put a Trailing Stop of 7 cents till I wil be Stopped Out by my trailing Stop.

This way you can see how peoples with different position of you think about Trading BBRY or AAPL or Any Others Stock.

My Rules don't love any Stock you own NOTHING to any company here.

Shorting has a good purposes on the market if you study Stock, one of those is to provide liquidity to the market

Feel fre to ask questions if you have some & good luck to all
    07-24-13 08:32 PM
    WTF is a "communication device", if it's not a cell phone of some sort?

Anyway, it was either Heins, or maybe even Lazaridis, who said over a year ago something to this effect. This was during a period where, I think, lots of people were saying BBRY had no chance because "everyone already has a smartphone, and they're never going to switch over to BlackBerry".

The pie we have now is already sliced and BlackBerry's piece is pretty darn small... but there are three more pies on the way.
    Lol...I was thinking the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 08:41 PM
    First I'm not here to bash!

Feel fre to ask questions if you have some & good luck to all
    Thank you for the time spent posting..

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    07-24-13 08:49 PM
    07-24-13 09:30 PM
    Good evening gang! I spent my day off just relaxing and didn't even look at the SP once. But I did miss you guys so I'm signed in for a bit while thinking about Shane's awesome chicken on the grill. Hahaha. I hope everyone is doing okay.
    07-24-13 09:40 PM
    Did I mention how much I love that grill haha.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    07-24-13 09:44 PM
    Dang, just looked on NASDAQ.com. Somebody should have warned me. Haha.
    07-24-13 09:55 PM
    Hope it was this thread.

We'll also be focused on the Dell shareholder meeting today (Carl Icahn, in a pithy letter to the Special Committee delivered yesterday, noted that he has dealt with unconscionable boards before but the ongoing "Desperate Dell Debacle" stands out as one of the most startling examples.) Who will win? Well, the story just changed as Michael Dell and Silverlake Partners boosted their offer this morning by ten cents US to $13.75 and the meeting has been postponed to August 2. Next up, Carl Icahn's response.

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster likes this.
    07-24-13 09:56 PM
    Dang, just looked on NASDAQ.com. Somebody should have warned me. Haha.
    You were safer keeping the blinders on. lol
    lcjr likes this.
    07-24-13 09:58 PM
    Hope it was this thread.

We'll also be focused on the Dell shareholder meeting today (Carl Icahn, in a pithy letter to the Special Committee delivered yesterday, noted that he has dealt with unconscionable boards before but the ongoing "Desperate Dell Debacle" stands out as one of the most startling examples.) Who will win? Well, the story just changed as Michael Dell and Silverlake Partners boosted their offer this morning by ten cents US to $13.75 and the meeting has been postponed to August 2. Next up, Carl Icahn's response.

Posted via CB10
    Wow... quite the fight going on there.
    07-24-13 09:59 PM
    I read some of the posts regarding the upcoming A10 and agree with those that stated it would be a great device. The specs are posted but they're not certain so anything is still possible. I'm getting that device once released. That would fit me needs and wants perfectly. I wonder how much I'll use my Playbook after that.
    07-24-13 10:13 PM
    I read some of the posts regarding the upcoming A10 and agree with those that stated it would be a great device. The specs are posted but they're not certain so anything is still possible. I'm getting that device once released. That would fit me needs and wants perfectly. I wonder how much I'll use my Playbook after that.
    Lol...not much I'm afraid. CB app for here is wonderful and reader works extremely well for just about all other websites (to read content).

I was really hoping for this expieriance on my PB...oh well, maybe next year they will show us an alternative.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    07-24-13 10:21 PM
    Not sure if it has been posted before....

BlackBerry lays off 250 workers in Waterloo R&D department

The company says the changes will help BlackBerry "increase efficiency" and scale the company "correctly" for new opportunities.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/busines...ment-1.1382685
    plasmid_boy and jxnb like this.
    07-24-13 10:36 PM
    Minor update to the short interest..................okay, I'll cut the crap. Not only did the stock fall but the short interest fell significantly as well! All hell is going to break loose!

The major decline in short interest means the stock price has dropped primarily due to longs selling their stocks and not due to shorts dragging it down. This is of course expected given the dismal performance of the BB10 sales. Many longs likely have lost confidence in the company's revival to it's former glory.
    We're of course not out of the game yet. The fact that there are shorts covering means that not all of those shorts feel that the stock will continue to fall. At least not much farther below the current $9 price.

Bullish? Bearish? We're really just stuck here until we hear more news.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg  
    rarsen, JLagoon, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    07-24-13 10:42 PM
    Well, that's volatile all right. Geez, I hope they find their niche pretty soon.
    07-24-13 10:50 PM
    Laying off 250 employees may be best for the company but it won't generate positive media. We need some good news sooner than soon.
    07-24-13 10:53 PM
    One way to increase cash own hand is to reduce expenses. Let people go similar to the last round of layoffs & viola... Cash goes up.

Of course when it's r&d you risk future product development.
    07-24-13 10:59 PM
    Perhaps these are the PB R&D folks? Have zero to base it on, just speculation.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-24-13 11:08 PM
    On the subject of reducing sales price of units I thought I would chime in.

Based on experiences from my own business where i tried this, it just doesn't work in practice.

You have to remember that unless you have a volume based business model, your proportion of variable costs to fixed costs will actually increase.

This means that you will have increase costs and a decrease in revenue due to reduce unit price, a double whammy that really hurts.

The volume you have to sell to make this worthwhile needs to be substantially higher.

In this case the counter argument is that you are increasing unit sales which may tempt additional developers to come due to the size of the platform. For BlackBerry I think they will be out of money before the platform took hold this way.

In theory it sounds great. Trust me BlackBerry are doing the right thing.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, CDM76 and peter9477 like this.
    07-25-13 01:54 AM
    Yang, nice to see you back .I share your opinions and I myself have also been away from this thread for quite some time. I sold out and put my cash into a gold mining company (thank god) and am just waiting for a time to re-enter. But I look at this whole situation as a tremendous opportunity. The market seems to be exceptionally cruel towards BB but when it all shakes down I'll be back in, too much upside. I don't wanna make this sound like an Oprah show or anything but I've missed all you guys. Still got a ton of pages to catch up on.
    Compaqee, rarsen and YangFui like this.
    07-25-13 02:03 AM
    Why always compare BB with webOS?

BB has 3.1B cash and a lot of properties and no debt; WebOS had little cash and a lot of debt before being taken over.

BB has big high margin service revenue which normal phone manufacturers do not have !

BB is capable of lowering price without pain while WebOS could not.
    But WebOS had access to *more* cash when it was taken over and they still pulled the plug. However for me, the real similarity between the two isn't in cashflow, it's in leadership, virtually every statement Heins has made is one that that was made before him by the WebOS team (internet of things, carriers want a third place player, long-term vision, creating a mobile computing platform not simply a hardware maker, we are different between we make a keyboard phone and people want those in large numbers... etc etc).
    07-25-13 03:59 AM
    Layoff story is starting to make the rounds in the media.
    07-25-13 05:05 AM
    Trim the fat if it's not needed. TH is cleaning house.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-25-13 06:08 AM
    Trim the fat if it's not needed. TH is cleaning house.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed but I think this news is being reported as people being laid off from their R&D department, thus concluding that they are developing less products.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:25 AM
    Agreed but I think this news is being reported as people being laid off from their R&D department, thus concluding that they are developing less products.

Posted via CB10
    It can easily be spun that way. Another way is to think that it could be hardware related and it's a step towards severing that division.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 06:31 AM
113,256 ... 15931594159515961597 ...