Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This may whip the stock... Sheesh. How much more can this Kid take

600 Posts!
    Many times word of layoffs (as sick as it is) actually causes a stock to rise as the cold blooded folks on Wall Street only see the expense reduction and not the human cost. Let's see what happens. I think the lack luster BB10 device sales and TH's own words make me believe BBRY isn't going to a handset maker forever but has to move into software. That will require less plant workers for sure.
    YangFui likes this.
    07-23-13 01:27 PM
    What is the share volume like today? any big purchases?
    Only 9.5 million so far.
    07-23-13 01:28 PM
    This sounds like bunk to me - all the major tech sites have tipsters and someone would have reached out by now...
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-23-13 01:29 PM
    Hmm... wonder if it's related to that tweet from yesterday about big news...

Edit: I have a friend who is a manager there, I just texted her... will let you know if I get a response.
    Just a followup... my friend's response was "huh??? Security guards??? What building?" So, layoffs could be in the works, as much as that sucks, it's nothing bigger.
    Soumaila Somtore likes this.
    07-23-13 01:32 PM
    that what I meant in this post below
    in 30min you get all this news (from emergency meeting to cutting down shifts) pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigHarvCombo View Post

I just heard from a buddy that they cut manufacturing down to 2 shifts from 3. I'm sure the media will have a blast with this.

*Last time RIM called an emergency meeting like this they announced the layoffs. I didn't want to bring it up as I was hoping it wasn't going to happen again
    This sounds like bunk to me - all the major tech sites have tipsters and someone would have reached out by now...
    YangFui likes this.
    07-23-13 01:33 PM
    All I have heard from my buddy is the manufacturing shift cut. Sorry for the false alarm guys. Like I said I wasn't trying to cause panic just relaying what I heard.
    Soumaila Somtore and m0de25 like this.
    07-23-13 01:35 PM
    I have yet to meet one that doesn't absolutely 110% LOVE their Z's and Q's. Yet in the media world, its almost as if they want folks to think BB eats babies and kicks puppies or something......
    Made me laugh. I totally agree with your points though....misplaced hate. Mob effect?
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    07-23-13 01:38 PM
    No doubt in my mind, there is a vested interest trying to take the company down... IMO, this will have the biggest effect on the US market. Fortunately for BB, there is the rest of the world.

Now hit $30 so I can SELL.
    07-23-13 01:41 PM
    Talking of competition again - given the Droid announcements today, I'm really curious what the Moto X brings to the table, The spec and the device have been leaked to hell and they are bog standard middle of the road Android - so what's the secret sauce? Surely can only be price?
    07-23-13 01:51 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-document1.jpgLoL.
    That "security guards every where" already made it to the twitter world. it shows people read this thread a lots.
    or some one is trying to start a rumor?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-23-13 01:55 PM
    07-23-13 02:03 PM
    Nothing on twitter...took a look.
    07-23-13 02:04 PM
    Talking of competition again - given the Droid announcements today, I'm really curious what the Moto X brings to the table, The spec and the device have been leaked to hell and they are bog standard middle of the road Android - so what's the secret sauce? Surely can only be price?
    Price will be it most likely and maybe the "Made in the US" or whatever it is factor. Specs are mid-level like the Z10.

It is not stock Android either.
    BergerKing likes this.
    07-23-13 02:09 PM
    (NOT TRYING TO CAUSE PANIC) I'm a shareholder.

Has anyone heard that BB just called an emergency meeting at the head office in Waterloo and there are security guards all over the place out front of the building?
    If you're not trying ....try less harder. LOL
    07-23-13 02:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Document1.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	185387LoL.
    That "security guards every where" already made it to the twitter world. it shows people read this thread a lots.
    or some one is trying to start a rumor?
    Parody account, obvs.
    07-23-13 02:10 PM
    All I have heard from my buddy is the manufacturing shift cut. Sorry for the false alarm guys. Like I said I wasn't trying to cause panic just relaying what I heard.
    ........... -_-
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-23-13 02:10 PM
    I’m not buying the bunk out of India on items being sold out, impressive start, etc, etc. When the Z10 launched there were countless message boards going on and on about devices being sold out... and what did we get, non existent sales.

Unless device sales (not shipped) are revealed, it means nothing.
    m0de25 likes this.
    07-23-13 02:11 PM
    i should make a twitter account.....never realized its value lol
    07-23-13 02:13 PM
    Nothing on twitter...took a look.
    BBRY: BlackBerry Twitter - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-23-13 02:13 PM
    i should make a twitter account.....never realized its value lol
    Anyone can report something and people will run with it.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    07-23-13 02:19 PM
    Well.... Here I am all buckled in ready for blast off but nothings happening! CJ, please check the rockets... m0de25, please make sure the beer's packed...Kid, make sure the circumforculator is plugged into the widget for maximum velocity!
    07-23-13 02:20 PM
    Well.... Here I am all buckled in ready for blast off but nothings happening! CJ, please check the rockets... m0de25, please make sure the beer's packed...Kid, make sure the circumforculator is plugged into the widget for maximum velocity!
    Who's got the hookers?
    07-23-13 02:21 PM
    07-23-13 02:22 PM
    exactly, imagine the fun I can have hehe i just need 1M followers first -_-

Anyone can report something and people will run with it.
    Who's got the hookers?
    Shhhhh, that's the packed classified material.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, m0de25 and 2 others like this.
113,256 ... 15821583158415851586 ...