1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Blackberry security.
    Android Phones Face Biggest Risk from Cyber Attack? | Fox Business Video
    LoL lets start round 3.
    what is your take on her, the way she named blackberry? Gang? anyone?
    I don't know her - she might be a wonderful person and very intelligent - but my first impression was "valley girl... bitter about getting old".
    07-22-13 02:11 PM
    EMS and BlackBerry partner to bring BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to Middle East customers | Research in Motion (RIM) | AMEinfo.com

EMS is one of the largest distributors of BlackBerry smartphones and accessories in the region, supporting 100 mobile phone operators in 56 countries across the Middle East, Africa, CIS, Eastern Europe and South East Asia. As a partner to BlackBerry, EMS is dedicated to supporting the evolving needs of the reseller channel with BlackBerry's latest enterprise mobility solution.

BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 is an enterprise mobility management (EMM) solution that builds on more than a decade of BlackBerry's enterprise mobility expertise and is the most widely deployed mobility solution in enterprises today. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 offers mobile device management, mobile application management and secure mobile connectivity for BlackBerry 10 smartphones, as well as iOS and Android devices, through "Secure Work Space", which separates work and personal apps and data. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 allows customers to fully experience the functionality and flexibility expected from a "Bring your own device" policy, while meeting CIOs' security, reliability and cost-efficiency requirements. BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 customers in the Middle East include Etisalat, Emirates NBD, Emirates Airlines and others.

It seems to me that BB is putting a lot of energy into markets that have already established their dedication to the company and products. India, Indonesia, Canada and UK, it seems, are getting major recognition and investment from BB. I think this is great, as the US is a difficult market to attack, especially with the bias media and the company's current stock drop. Whilst BB does indeed want to expand in the US, they can only do so much before they can realize it might be best to put some of that extra energy elsewhere. Now, if only we could get some sort of penetration into China... Lenovo where you at?

Also reading reports about Android possibly signing deals with the FBI, which BB has maintained the largest share with... These are just rumors, hopefully they are proven false. Or at the very least true but with Android using BB's secure enterprise.
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 07-22-13 at 02:30 PM.
    07-22-13 02:13 PM
    I want to hear more about this BB taking off real soon deal.... What exactly is supposed to make this happen and what is the definition of "taking off".
    Kid Vibe, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-22-13 02:15 PM
    Baby steps first. This market for these products is still not saturated and BBRY needs to tot up only one decent product to get some positive mindshare.
    Also, BBRY needs to string some good news for a week for a change.
    That piece of news and the Unity game engine should probably have come on different days just to build momentum.
    But I agree Saunders should probably tone it down a bit lest he sound like his boss aka the Iraqi Information Minister.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-22-13 02:15 PM
    Blackberry security.
    LoL lets start round 3.
    I'd guess, by her reactions, that an editor put that on the teleprompter and she wasn't expecting it. She covered re: older BlackBerry before the Z10.

What I think should be focused on is the reply. BlackBerry needs to partner with a security company like this for no other reason than a good marketing campaign!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 02:26 PM
    What if he already did? Is it possible that he sold off at $14 or $15 without it being public knowledge?
    As an institutional shareholder, you’re required to make quarterly disclosures public. If shares were sold out, he would have reported it on 6/30 but he would not have know about the 6/28 miss.

9/30 would be the next reporting date if he bailed out.

I mentioned it a while back but Prema may not care about the bath he’s taking on BBRY if he’s up on other names. He’s managing a portfolio so you’re hoping to have more winners than dogs. Down $400m stinks but if you’re up $900mm on another name, selling both winner and dog is still net positive.

This also assumes he hasn’t hedged that risk somehow.
    07-22-13 02:35 PM
    ROYAL BABY is here! Hopefully he picks up a Z10.
    07-22-13 02:54 PM
    at least we stayed above 9......sigh. down by a $5700. i hope this stock can turnaround
    lcjr and Korepab like this.
    07-22-13 03:01 PM
    This is kinda interesting. Does the Google/Samsung relationship eventually go sour?

Samsung unlikely to pull away from Google at October developer event | The Verge
    07-22-13 03:03 PM
    It looks like that Netflix boycott didn't prevent the firm from addding 630k new subscribers.
    07-22-13 03:05 PM
    Hi M+8

Glad to see you are still kickin'
    lcjr, cjcampbell, m0de25 and 3 others like this.
    07-22-13 03:05 PM
    Hi M+8

Glad to see you are still kickin'
    Ditto! Seeing his response in the thread is enlightening. Hello Morgan!!
    07-22-13 03:08 PM
    It looks like that Netflix boycott didn't prevent the firm from addding 630k new subscribers.
    Right.
    07-22-13 03:09 PM
    Netflix earnings up, subscriber-growth disappoints - MarketWatch

Netflix Inc. /quotes/zigman/87598/quotes/nls/nflx NFLX -6.16% shares fell 5%
    in after-hours trading after the online video-streaming company reported
    second-quarter results that surpassed Wall Street analysts' forecasts, but
    subscriber growth that failed to meet some expectations. Netflix said that for
    the quarter ended June 30, it earned $29 million, or 49 cents a share, on
    revenue of $1.07 billion, compared to a profit of 11 cents a share on $889
    million in sales a year ago. Analysts surveyed by FactSet had forecast Netflix
    to earn 40 cents a share on revenue of $1.07 billion. Netflix said it added 1.2
    million streaming subscribers worldwide, to end the quarter with 37.8 million
    subscribers
    . Of those new subscribers, 630,000 came from the U.S
    I have an easy way for them to add at least another half million subscribers ..... Write the Damn app for BB10 you clucks!
    07-22-13 03:17 PM
    And it's still considered a disappointment.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    07-22-13 03:19 PM
    [url=http://www.ameinfo.com/ems-blackberry-partner-bring-blackberry-enterprise-349455]EMS and BlackBerry partner to bring BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to Middle East customers |

It seems to me that BB is putting a lot of energy into markets that have already established their dedication to the company and products. India, Indonesia, Canada and UK, it seems, are getting major recognition and investment from BB. I think this is great, as the US is a difficult market to attack, especially with the bias media and the company's current stock drop. Whilst BB does indeed want to expand in the US, they can only do so much before they can realize it might be best to put some of that extra energy elsewhere. Now, if only we could get some sort of penetration into China... Lenovo where you at?
    Make sense to go where your customer base is and to build from there out. Have to wait and see some "real" number to see if that is working for them or not....
    07-22-13 03:20 PM
    Ditto! Seeing his response in the thread is enlightening. Hello Morgan!!
    Is the forum broken for me? I don't see any post from him since the 17th, and I'm pretty sure you guys have posted a lot more recently than that so you presumably didn't see his post from then only just today. Did something get deleted?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    07-22-13 03:20 PM
    Is the forum broken for me? I don't see any post from him since the 17th, and I'm pretty sure you guys have posted a lot more recently than that so you presumably didn't see his post from then only just today. Did something get deleted?
    No, just likes and thanks from him in the last hour.
    07-22-13 03:21 PM
    Blackberry security.
    LoL lets start round 3.
    Her tone, and direction when she mentioned Blackberry tells you everything you need to know about the perception of Blackberry in the US. It was almost as if she is embarrased to say or mention the name in any positive light. She mentioned Blackberry with the condesending, sheepish laugh as if to tell the world "it's good for security but I don't like it"
    07-22-13 03:31 PM
    So is Apple waiting till the actual call to release the numbers?
    07-22-13 03:34 PM
    So is Apple waiting till the actual call to release the numbers?
    They report tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-22-13 03:40 PM
    They report tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    Awe ****... lol... I guess the weekend had a bit more of an ill effect than I thought...
    07-22-13 03:42 PM
    Question: Does the Short Interest get reported this Friday?
    07-22-13 03:43 PM
    Question: Does the Short Interest get reported this Friday?
    Looks like it's Wednesday.
    lcjr likes this.
    07-22-13 03:45 PM
    Today is the sixteenth day of downtrend with 15 million in volume. The stock closed at $9.08 with a low of $8.90, which is the same low on last Friday--as the black arrow, and flat pink line on the daily chart show.

Bullish interpretation:
    The stock opened at $8.91, tried $8.90, and bounced to close at $9.08. Perhaps, this is the double bottom that indicates a reversal. The fact that we didn't close or make a new low is a good indicator that the attempt to trigger stop losses below $9 did not find much result to generate another sell off. Tomorrow, we could have the chance to move out of the narrower downtrend parallel line--the top line is the top blue line of the descending triangle on the 30 minute chart. A close above $9.15 would be a modest bullish move tomorrow. Hopefully, it would close above $9.30 by the end of this week. Weak points / concerns: any negative news.

Bearish interpretation:
    It traded sideways pretty much, even with a decent close. Low volume to confirm any solid bullish move. The bounce from $8.90 to $9.08 drove the 30 minute stoch. RSI to reach top, and when it cycles down, it will attempt below $9 again. $8.50 max drop is still valid based on the primary parallel downtrend channel (red fill on the daily and 30 minute chart).

My hopium:
    You could recall Abigail Doolittle's chart for BBRY. As Morgan pointed out, it is a 15 year chart or so, and it might be valid. When Morgan made this chart, the stock was at $10.46. Now, we are at $9.08. I cannot quite tell, where the stock is on this chart accurately. Could you generate an updated chart, Morgan? If we divide the $15 to $7.50 range into 4, then the first 1/4th price up is $9.37. I wonder, if the stock has touched the bottom red line. Abigail's confirmation is $18, and then $30.

30 Minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-22-4.19.43-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-22-4.22.21-pm.jpg
    07-22-13 03:52 PM
113,250 ... 15751576157715781579 ...