702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-22-13 12:26 PM
    +50 @$9.04

Post via CB Z10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    07-22-13 12:28 PM
    I'm surprised there aren't more reviews like that for the Q5. Sounds like he got a bit of a dud as well... too bad.
    07-22-13 12:31 PM
    Either they are wrong or Prem lied in his letter to his shareholders. I am sticking with him and his $17 comments

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure it's ONLY 10% of the company (vice 28%). Average price has been reported in the 19's and the 17's in various places.
    07-22-13 12:35 PM
    I got in a little late for the party lol, but still up
    Mine only about 6% though

How long do you all plan to hold?
    I sold today. Will get back in again once it lowers a little.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-22-13 12:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's ONLY 10% of the company (vice 28%). Average price has been reported in the 19's and the 17's in various places.
    I am going to assume that a say investor such as Prem has lowered his ACB via options. We will never find out because option trading is likely reported as other trading income/losses.
    g120 likes this.
    07-22-13 12:40 PM
    I got in a little late for the party lol, but still up
    Mine only about 6% though

How long do you all plan to hold?
    I sold this morning.... May get back in again but my purpose was an in and out play. First time I've done it and happy with the result. I'm not going to fool myself and say it's easy or skill, but I got lucky and picked it up at an opportune time. Gold has been on the rise the last few days and today it's up big so thought I'd take advantage of the situation. I may have missed out on some upside but that's ok as I made a little profit and I feel good about that. I'm especially happy that I use my TFSA so it's a tax free profit to boot lol
    07-22-13 12:41 PM
    He owns 10% of BBRY, but his BBRY holdings are about 28% of his portfolio.
    07-22-13 12:54 PM
  9. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Interesting press release.
    "Interconnectivity opens up an exciting, new world for app developers," said Alec Saunders

"Developers can begin creating applications and exploring new and interesting use cases for Bluetooth Low Energy by using the development tools available within the BlackBerry 10 NDK at: http://developer.blackberry.com."

"For example, applications can track a cyclist's performance on their BlackBerry 10 smartphone using speed and cadence sensors on their bikes, fitness enthusiasts can capture heart rate data from training sessions to compare performance and sensors can even help drivers locate a lost set of keys."

Unfortunately for BBRY, the dominant platforms are already shipping products and their associated apps. All the possible future BB10 examples mentioned above, for example, are shipping now.

-Several BT 4.0 bike speed and cadence to smartphones are already on the market.
    "PanoBike Speed and Cadence Sensor
    The new Panobike Bluetooth Speed and Cadence sensor delivers cadence directly to iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 using Bluetooth 4.0 LE. It is also 36% less expensive when compared to the Wahoo Blue Speed and Cadence Sensor.
    With an appropriate Bluetooth Smart compatible cycling app (there are dozens of them) you can transmit all speed and distance data directly to your iPhone."

The above is pretty common now, but the following is a bit more interesting. It uses a smartphone to harvest and process the BT 4.0 sensor data, but outputs it on a separate smaller waterproof machine on the handlebars. There is a fancy term for that but it slips my mind at the moment...
    " The Wahoo RFLKT is the world's first iPhone powered bike computer! All the power of your iPhone in the size of a sleek cycling computer. Keep your iPhone safely tucked in your jersey pocket and access all of your App data from your bars.
    Features:
    iPhone Powered
    The Wahoo RFLKT wirelessly receives data and images from an iPhone located in the jersey pocket or saddlebag of the cyclist. Using the buttons on the side of the RFLKT, a user can control the App, change data screens, start and stop the timer, and control other App functionality such as music playback and more.
    Sleek Profile
    Weighing in at only 2 ounces, the RFLKT measures 2.4” long by 1.6” wide by 0.5” thick.
    Low Power
    Long-lasting, replaceable coin cell battery; no need for extra cables or recharging
    Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart) Connectivity
    The RFLKT has simple wireless connectivity through a Bluetooth 4.0 connection
    Weather and shock proof
    RFLKT is IPX7 certified for riding in all types of weather and on all types of terrain
    iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 compatible
    Compatible Apps:
    RFLKT is compatible with the NEW Wahoo Fitness v3.0 App for Cycling, and compatibility with other top rated cycling Apps including Cyclemeter and even popular running apps such as Runmeter. "

-BT 4.0 heart rate for runners to smartphones is even more common. Google it yourself, but the Wahoo setup above includes it for cyclists.

-Finding keys etc:
    Bluetooth 'Tile' allows you to find lost keys, bikes, dogs, anything really | ZDNet
    Summary: This is one of those items that I immediately pre-ordered and wish I though of myself: a tiny bluetooth fob that attaches to keys (or whatever) and allows you to locate them with your iPhone.

This particular item is vapourware now, but the Kickstarter is 10150% backed (37,361 backers $2,029,910 of $20,000 goal 1 day left). Pretty sure it will make it to market. Here is the associated app:
    [url]http://www.pntrac.com/t/8-11106-122267-144689?website=218319&sid=UUcbUvbUpU8868886&url=ht tps%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetileapp.com%2F&ourl=https%3A%2F %2Fwww.thetileapp.com%2F].

There are other versions on the market now, but these $20 BT 4.0 tags will probably be very popular and another small factor encouraging consumers to choose one of the dominant smartphone platforms.

Edit. Here is a shipping “key finder” product stickNfind:
    Tech Specs
    Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth Low Energy)
    Range: Approximate 100 Feet with line of sight.
    Battery: Lasts up to 1 year (based on 30min. a day use).
    Diameter: 0.98 Inches x Thickness 0.16 Inches (24mm x 4mm).
    Weight: 0.15 ounces (4.5 grams).
    https://www.sticknfind.com/

iOS and Android only, I'm afraid.
    Last edited by shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex; 07-22-13 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Pulled scrambled image.
    07-22-13 01:07 PM
    Again, BBRY is late with the API.
    07-22-13 01:18 PM
    I don't know what this twit is abut but very interesting will see
    Chez
    $BBRY news coming out late this afternoon or sometime tomorrow. Brace yourself bulls coz we are gonna take off!!! weeeeee!!...
    User ID:http://twitter.com/MrsNolanLRoss/User IP:
    28 Minutes Ago
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-22-13 01:22 PM
    Interesting press release.
    "Interconnectivity opens up an exciting, new world for app developers," said Alec Saunders

"Developers can begin creating applications and exploring new and interesting use cases for Bluetooth Low Energy by using the development tools available within the BlackBerry 10 NDK at: http://developer.blackberry.com."
    Thanks for the great examples. It's encouraging to see what BB10 (as opposed to legacy devices) is capable of.
    take99 and spike12 like this.
    07-22-13 01:25 PM
    I don't know what this twit is abut but very interesting will see
    Chez
    $BBRY news coming out late this afternoon or sometime tomorrow. Brace yourself bulls coz we are gonna take off!!! weeeeee!!...
    User ID:http://twitter.com/MrsNolanLRoss/User IP:
    28 Minutes Ago
    Well here's to hoping he's right and knows something...lol.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-22-13 01:27 PM
    Yep let's hope there is not much else to do right now.
    Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    07-22-13 01:30 PM
  15. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    She. Mrs. Nolan L Ross.
    Part-time day/swing trader. My strategy is simple: Find experts who recommend a buy. Confirm momentum with BB, MACD and volume then act. So far am successful.

Sounds like a sure thing. I am bracing myself now.
    07-22-13 01:32 PM
    While I agree that launching with the features of 10.2 would have been better, the lack of those features aren't the main criticism of the platform at the moment and weren't from the start. It's app, apps apps!
    Yeah - one of the features coming with 10.2 is Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) runtime and that would significantly improve (sideload) app capability. Sure, it's not same as having native-apps; but with 10.2 OS, you'd be able to (side)load lot more apps. And because of hardware acceleration in Android 4.2, these apps will perform much faster/smoother on 10.2 as well.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-22-13 01:40 PM
    Good and you predict that BBRY will take off today or tomorrow?
    She. Mrs. Nolan L Ross.
    Part-time day/swing trader. My strategy is simple: Find experts who recommend a buy. Confirm momentum with BB, MACD and volume then act. So far am successful.

Sounds like a sure thing. I am bracing myself now.
    07-22-13 01:41 PM
    Yeah - one of the features coming with 10.2 is Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) runtime and that would significantly improve (sideload) app capability. Sure, it's not same as having native-apps; but with 10.2 OS, you'd be able to (side)load lot more apps. And because of hardware acceleration in Android 4.2, these apps will perform much faster/smoother on 10.2 as well.
    Sideloading is not a selling point. I'd argue that maybe 10-20% of users know of it and it's mostly people like us on this site. A regular Joe will not go into the store and buy a phone because they can sideload stuff. Agree on the performance of 4.2 and Android apps, which could entice more devs to bring their apps over.
    07-22-13 01:46 PM
    Blackberry security.
    Android Phones Face Biggest Risk from Cyber Attack? | Fox Business Video
    LoL lets start round 3.
    what is your take on her, the way she named blackberry? Gang? anyone?
    07-22-13 01:47 PM
  20. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Good and you predict that BBRY will take off today or tomorrow?
    Now.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bk1_img_74.png

Does this rocket sled make me look fat?
    07-22-13 01:51 PM
    Sideloading is not a selling point. I'd argue that maybe 10-20% of users know of it and it's mostly people like us on this site. A regular Joe will not go into the store and buy a phone because they can sideload stuff. Agree on the performance of 4.2 and Android apps, which could entice more devs to bring their apps over.
    I agree that it is not a selling point to (majority) of the users. But here is my take on it (given the overall context):

Many existing BB 7 users have not adopted BB10 yet. They are still on BB7. Mainly because the early-adopting BB fans were underwehelmed by BB 10. It lacked legacy features, it lacked apps. Although you could sideload, there were many apps that couldn't be sideloaded. These early-adopting customers/fans expressed their disappointment on CB and sites; and that really killed the buzz that BB early-adopting fans had going in to the launch.

While sideloading only caters to advanced (early adopting BB 10) users/fans, it'd have certainly helped in keeping the buzz going. Under-whelmed early adopters are not exactly going to go and tell all their friends/family to buy a BB10. They are going to be like..'okay, let's get a couple of updates and then we'd start recommending this BB 10 to our friends/family'. There are still a large number of BB fans that have been holding out.

So - sideloading is kind of a force-multiplier. I mean, although not a direct selling point for majority of customers, it is something that helps early-adopting BB10 fans/users to sell (recommend) BB 10 to their friends/family more enthusiastically.

Of course, it also helps developers try out new platform before fully committing to developing a native app.
    bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    07-22-13 01:55 PM
    Blackberry security.
    Android Phones Face Biggest Risk from Cyber Attack? | Fox Business Video
    LoL lets start round 3.
    what is your take on her, the way she named blackberry? Gang? anyone?
    Well she does have a kind chin......
    sidhuk and lcjr like this.
    07-22-13 01:55 PM
    kind of. depending on how you look at it!
    Now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bk1_img_74.png 
Views:	415 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	185105

Does this rocket sled make me look fat?
    07-22-13 01:56 PM
    I am going to assume that a say investor such as Prem has lowered his ACB via options. We will never find out because option trading is likely reported as other trading income/losses.
    Momentum was against him so options provably would not have helped. He said 17 when he was already maxed out at 9.9%. I don't think he would mislead his shareholders. We need to accept that he is $400M + in the hole on BBRY. It is the only thing that gives me hope is his need to recoup his $$$

Posted via CB10
    Jahcure likes this.
    07-22-13 02:06 PM
    Momentum was against him so options provably would not have helped. He said 17 when he was already maxed out at 9.9%. I don't think he would mislead his shareholders. We need to accept that he is $400M + in the hole on BBRY. It is the only thing that gives me hope is his need to recoup his $$$
    What if he already did? Is it possible that he sold off at $14 or $15 without it being public knowledge?
    07-22-13 02:09 PM
113,250 ... 15741575157615771578 ...