Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    yikes, how did this happen? walked a away for a bit and it dropped 20 cents
    07-19-13 02:10 PM
    All eggs in one basket is bad... but carrying too many baskets can be bad too. A nice balance of 5 - 10 stocks in a few different sectors is prolly all the average Joe can keep a close eye on without making it a full time hobby.

Along those lines... I'm giving BB until July 30th to rebound a bit. I doubt it will, and it can just as likely sink to $8 as rebound, but I need to take a position in another company in August so I will have to reduce my BB share by about 40%. I'll buy back the BB shares later in the fall/winter when I expect to receive a small amount of cash. (not that anyone cares... but full disclosure of my intentions).

Edit... for those of you hoping for a huge spike in the SP it will happen after I sell, somewhere around August 15th.
    Agreed. Next month I'll have three stocks (two besides BB) for investments along with my early retirement account I'll pull from in 7 years. That will be enough for this guy. If I do this right I'll have over $750k and no debts come 2020. That may not be a lot for some folks here, but I can assure where I come from it is. Heck if BB cooperates that amount could be over the million mark.
    07-19-13 02:13 PM
  3. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    I think you have to run an app to do it. Go figure.
    I believe you are incorrect. Without the app (which was removed from iOS as of version 6 as a result of Apple spatting with Google), youtube videos will play in Safari.

Of course, the app provides a better experience and I doubt you will find many iphones without it installed. I know I put it on the first day after I installed iOS 6. By the way, I didn't install iOS 6 for 3 months until the Google Maps app was available (more spatting which resulted in its removal in iOS 6). Using the browser offers a significantly degraded experience for maps and I wasn't willing to accept the compromise.

Anyway, once the (again optional since the browser will do) Youtube app is installed, clicking a youtube link like the Z10 Tiawan ad above will automagically open the youtube app and start playing the video in it.

Combing that Afghan must be a bear.
    07-19-13 02:17 PM
    It needs to bounce here. The descending triangle might turn out to be another wedge that has less declining slope, than the previous ones.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-19-3.21.20-pm.jpg
    bungaboy, jxnb and Korepab like this.
    07-19-13 02:22 PM
  5. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Dipped into the 8s..
    When was the last time that happened? Squinting at a one year graph it looks like November 2012 or so?
    07-19-13 02:30 PM
    What the heck! What is going on? Any news?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 02:40 PM
    15th nov - what has caused the drop-off?
    07-19-13 02:41 PM
    ok guys, been out the the loop for abit, what's happening with the SP. Got an alert went under $9 and so my buy went thru
    which is great, but on the other hand, wtf?
    07-19-13 02:41 PM
    What the heck! What is going on? Any news?
    Well there were a couple of analyst upgrades this morning.
    07-19-13 02:44 PM
    ok guys, been out the the loop for abit, what's happening with the SP. Got an alert went under $9 and so my buy went thru
    which is great, but on the other hand, wtf?
    No news... just the cork soaking bears pushing and pushing it down.... for absolutely no reason other than to harm other people, damage a great company, and make money for themselves.
    07-19-13 02:44 PM
    Well there were a couple of analyst upgrades this morning.
    I really do not think that was it.

LOTS of shares moving here, more than the whole day.

Sometimes BBRY does not need a reason.
    07-19-13 02:46 PM
    Yeah, they need money for the weekend so Sell Sell Sell.
    bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    07-19-13 02:47 PM
    My guess is the drop is due to option expiration day. Sub $8 will make the $9 calls worthless. Problem is I doubt it will just bounce back up on Monday.
    07-19-13 02:50 PM
    welcome to the psychological warfare. take away any bit of confidence market has in the BBRY stock. and it doesnt cost much. here is the math which was done last month but still works.
    short/dump10milShares @Loss of .30c=$3M. doit 52Times over52 WKS=$156milLoss if-any? easyFish/cashFlow+keepBBdown HappyHF and competition. cheaper than advertising.
    short 100 millions blackberry shares and it should give hedge funds around 1 billion to 1.5 billion cash flow for selling shares short. very good deal IMO.
    shorters dont have to disclose. they could be anywhere in the world. some of the us companies have off shore accounts and do not bring overseas profits to the us. cash can be used in many ways.
    time to pour 1st drink.
    cheers
    07-19-13 02:51 PM
    No news... just the cork soaking bears pushing and pushing it down.... for absolutely no reason other than to harm other people, damage a great company, and make money for themselves.
    No that's not it. The whole tech sector is also dragged down today by:
    MSFT down almost 12% (time to buy in?)
    GOOG and AAPL are down about 1.6% which is the same percentage that BBRY is down.

No tin foil hat here, BBRY is just following the market.
    07-19-13 02:54 PM
    RALLY! lol
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    07-19-13 02:55 PM
    Want to wish you all a good weekend. Has anyone heard from M+8? I only covered the last couple of pages so I'm not sure if he has surfaced in the last few days. I'm a little worried for our friend because it sounds pretty serious.
    Going into the last ER I was so certain things were going to be good. Ouch! I don't want to make anyone over confident about the current situation but I am seeing a lot of positive signs out there. In discussion with several hi-tech buds we all agreed that there is too much of a need in North America for a high security (government/corporate) platform for BB to fade away. The struggle I have, like many of you, is that I want big results yesterday. This is a stock that is very volitile and has huge media efforts working to take it down. Now is the time for patience. There is so much talk about the specs of the A10 it's making me sick. Some articles are already calling the A10 'too little, too late' because of pixels. If I wanted a 32 pixel camera, I would buy one. The reality is that every product they put out is covering a different segment of the market. So, the more products the better. If things are going well with BES we should start to hear about it by Sept or Oct.
    Still holding with the current intention to hold until at least Jan 2014. It's at my breakeven and I am not buying more at this time because I'm already in big. New picture coming next week. Keeping the faith ...
    07-19-13 02:56 PM
    No that's not it. The whole tech sector is also dragged down today by:
    MSFT down almost 12% (time to buy in?)
    GOOG and AAPL are down about 1.6% which is the same percentage that BBRY is down.

No tin foil hat here, BBRY is just following the market.
    Both GOOG and MSFT were down on catalytic news and have been down all day since their gap down at open. BB was up all day until it had a big sell off started. I don't think it can be linked to the sector as a whole. No tin foil hat here... logic prevails.
    07-19-13 03:00 PM
    Yep, in deep here too, but adding just 100 shares dropped my darling husband's avg down almost a buck, so
    for me adding that wee bit was a small price to pay overall. I sure hope this stock eventually turns an about face, cause right now
    this stock is like pi$$ing in the wind.
    cjcampbell, lcjr and rarsen like this.
    07-19-13 03:05 PM
    Agreed. Next month I'll have three stocks (two besides BB) for investments along with my early retirement account I'll pull from in 7 years. That will be enough for this guy. If I do this right I'll have over $750k and no debts come 2020. That may not be a lot for some folks here, but I can assure where I come from it is.:
    I think your diversification approach is a smart one, 3 names is not a ton though. Would you consider 2 single names and a broad based index such as the s&p 500... It's incredibly difficult to beat the market, no matter who you are.

2 cents.
    Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    07-19-13 03:09 PM
    I'm getting really numb and tired.
    plane6065, lcjr and Bugmapper like this.
    07-19-13 03:10 PM
    Greed is good. I'm all in with BB... Either I will look back at this investment and learn from my mistake, or I will be one happy mofo. I figure, once I get a job and have steady income, I can just leave my investments for a year or two. Now, off to my job interview!

Good luck!
    cjcampbell and psy fi like this.
    07-19-13 03:12 PM
    Here's a thought: If the consensus here is that BBRY is being manipulated downward (& in fact we can see that in the stock price), why remain investors?

If the "forces that be" can control a multi-billion dollar capitalized stuck, I would either not play the name or play the name in which its being manipulated, anything else seem futile at this point.
    07-19-13 03:15 PM
    Here's a thought: If the consensus here is that BBRY is being manipulated downward (& in fact we can see that in the stock price), why remain investors?

If the "forces that be" can control a multi-billion dollar capitalized stuck, I would either not play the name or play the name in which its being manipulated, anything else seem futile at this point.
    Well some of us have held this stock a very long time and instead of crystalizing a terrible loss, sometimes the only option is to avg down and wait it out. Most especially when it's a company with good fundamentals. The forces cannot control forever at some point the party will be over. Question is, when..
    07-19-13 03:21 PM
    Well some of us have held this stock a very long time and instead of crystalizing a terrible loss, sometimes the only option is to avg down and wait it out. Most especially when it's a company with good fundamentals. The forces cannot control forever at some point the party will be over. Question is, when..
    I feel the same way as well. Manipulated or not, I'm in this because of the fundamental. Timing is the key and clearly my timing was off. I plan to average down and wait it out. Paper loss is just tough to watch.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 03:24 PM
113,256 ... 15611562156315641565 ...