View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As soon as I have some spare time, I'll make a more complete thread about it, but you have the main point : BES10 iss now (since may) ready to go production and the firsts deployments are on their way (he mentioned several 400 units sales).

Thank you SuperFly, for the information about BES and its capabilities. My apologies, when I wrote that BES10 was in its "trial period", I did not mean that it was not ready for companies to use. I meant that the companies currently using BES10 are in the 90 day period where they can try it for free, before signing a contract. I just meant that it will be probably be several months before we hear news that major Fortune 500 companies have adopted BES10. Sorry if I was not clear on that, have a great day!
    jxnb, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-19-13 10:28 AM
    That's the doctors' oath thing... you mean hypocrites. :-)
    LoL
    That explains it why i dropped out of premedical courses.
    07-19-13 10:41 AM
    LoL
    That explains it why i dropped out of premedical courses.
    that combined with the JD will do it lol
    07-19-13 10:50 AM
    Green !
    (one word break and more cowbell!)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 11:09 AM
    Sorry if this was posted earlier, but I enjoyed reading this article.

Q&A: Blackberry Bets on Competitive India Market - Digits - WSJ
    Green?

Booooo... I want to buy more at $8!

BOoooo

Posted via CB10
    Next week will be
    Boooo... I want to buy more at $9
    Green?

BOoooo

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper and BlackistheBerry like this.
    07-19-13 11:25 AM
    Green?

BOoooo

Posted via CB10
    Just be patient
    07-19-13 11:39 AM
    Next week will be
    Boooo... I want to buy more at $9
    Al ready bought in the high 9s. Won't be upset to not buy here.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 11:47 AM
    I want this damn SP to be at 19... NOW .LOL
    07-19-13 11:59 AM
    I'm not investing more in BB at the moment. I'm taking this time to invest in other things to balance out my portfolio. I'll hold what I have in BB and invest more once things look better. After reading some of the recommended investing references, I'll put my money in several baskets and then build each one up equally over time. While my objective in investing remains the same, my strategy has changed to meet that objective faster and with greater results.
    fedakd, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    07-19-13 12:00 PM
    I'm not investing more in BB at the moment. I'm taking this time to invest in other things to balance out my portfolio. I'll hold what I have in BB and invest more once things look better. After reading some of the recommended investing references, I'll put my money in several baskets and then build each one up equally over time. While my objective in investing remains the same, my strategy has changed to meet that objective faster and with greater results.
    Me too. I've recently just bought my second stock. Definitely breaks up the monotony of watching the movements of one... lol
    Bugmapper, sidhuk and lcjr like this.
    07-19-13 12:06 PM
    All eggs in one basket is bad... but carrying too many baskets can be bad too. A nice balance of 5 - 10 stocks in a few different sectors is prolly all the average Joe can keep a close eye on without making it a full time hobby.

Along those lines... I'm giving BB until July 30th to rebound a bit. I doubt it will, and it can just as likely sink to $8 as rebound, but I need to take a position in another company in August so I will have to reduce my BB share by about 40%. I'll buy back the BB shares later in the fall/winter when I expect to receive a small amount of cash. (not that anyone cares... but full disclosure of my intentions).

Edit... for those of you hoping for a huge spike in the SP it will happen after I sell, somewhere around August 15th.
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, lcjr and 2 others like this.
    07-19-13 12:23 PM
    My last buy was $10.35 which I thought was ridiculously cheap. At this point I am not willing to buy more unless the shorts are crazy enough to drop it under $9. If it can hit $8.50 I will buy more as downside would be nil. Low $9 makes no sense and I think short interests have actually increased

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    07-19-13 12:42 PM
    Greed is good. I'm all in with BB... Either I will look back at this investment and learn from my mistake, or I will be one happy mofo. I figure, once I get a job and have steady income, I can just leave my investments for a year or two. Now, off to my job interview!

07-19-13 12:56 PM

Edit... for those of you hoping for a huge spike in the SP it will happen after I sell, somewhere around August 15th.
    For the rest of us here, have you considered selling 1 share every day?
    07-19-13 01:00 PM
    Nice read. I really do wonder what is going through Prem's mind right now heehee.
    Hopefully he wants his $400M "paper" loss back. That should help me get my $3k back too....
    07-19-13 01:00 PM
    Greed is good. I'm all in with BB... Either I will look back at this investment and learn from my mistake, or I will be one happy mofo. I figure, once I get a job and have steady income, I can just leave my investments for a year or two. Now, off to my job interview!

I'm on the same boat man and hopefully we make it through to some green. GL in the interview!
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    07-19-13 01:34 PM
    Approx 130M shares were traded after earning call. It'd make me really happy if all those 130M were 'shorts'! Haha.
    I mean, if we see short-interest has gone up by 100M, it'd be music to my ears. The short squeeze from that will be the biggest short squeeze in history of stock market.

Of course, I am just trying to dream-up silver lining in this massive drop!
    lcjr, peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    07-19-13 01:35 PM
    07-19-13 01:41 PM
    Well at least BB in TSX has managed to stay green.... so far....
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    07-19-13 01:46 PM
    Hope they doing more like this all around the World...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...taiwan-830097/
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 01:53 PM
  23. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Which of course got me curious who Red Hat is and what they do:
    Red Hat | Red Hat products. Linux and open source software.

Things that make one go hmmm.....likely nothing but makes for interesting possibilities..

Posted via CB10
    Red Hat started as a Linux distro about 20 years ago. It was the first one I ran. I learned a lot form it. Eventually jumped to Slowaris as I was doing a bit of Java programming so I thought I might as well go to the source. Most of what I learned was transferable.

Red Hat is now into enterprise Linux and was doing pretty well financially last I checked.

Looks like BBRY is using it on at least some of their customer facing servers.
    07-19-13 02:00 PM
    Well at least BB in TSX has managed to stay green.... so far....
    My 15-minute delayed Google Finance feed for it shows it still green even now at 15:00.

It will stay green for the rest of the day provided I stop the page from refreshing too!
    07-19-13 02:01 PM
    same Sh*t from the market, different day
    07-19-13 02:09 PM
113,256 ... 15601561156215631564 ...