View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    But with a price target of $8.00?

How do you upgrade a stock but set a price target below current SP?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Either that's a typo or he had a lower target before. I don't recall his previous target do you or anyone else? The only thing I can think of is his target was raised from $8 but will have to dig a little further.
    07-19-13 08:29 AM
    An article on Huawei:
    Huawei fed up, tells US-UK 'shut up' | ZDNet

Enjoy the coming weekend.
    07-19-13 08:30 AM
    But with a price target of $8.00?

How do you upgrade a stock but set a price target below current SP?
    I think the term "upgrade" refers to their overall recommendation (e.g. "sell", "outperform", or "underweight") and not the price target itself. If previously they were "underperform" they've now upgraded to "market perform" which is neutral. One could say that means if you're still long, they don't think you need to sell at this point (or if you sell, they don't think you'll have a chance to buy back in at a much lower price). If you're not long, they're saying they don't see any point in buying right now either.

Edit: in fact, it appears his price target is even lower than it was previously (at $9). Not clear, but see for yourself here: http://www.streetinsider.com/rating_...q=BBRY&firm=60
    07-19-13 08:36 AM
    So we can expect to be a bit green today with the BMO and Yahoo! Finance Research Abstract upgrades? More to follow hopefully too.
    Yaa thats what suppose to happen. But history on blackberry sp tells us something different. Remember, good or bad news, sp has to be pushed down. I still believe that blackberry is not about a normal stock play. Blackberry almost makes close to it's own projections for 1stQ and gains 200 mill cash position but looses more than 30% of it's market value. Go figure that out for good bad and ugly.
    Even now, every time stock wants to move up, it is being held down with large dumps as usual. The amount of negative press stories? I havnt seen that many against any dictator before the war, to build up momentum. Blackberry needs real solid numbers for more than few quarters or enough to attract some market vultures to bet on blackberry. Or in a position where dark side throws in towel and admits blackberry's success.
    07-19-13 08:47 AM
    Yaa thats what suppose to happen. But history on blackberry sp tells us something different. Remember, good or bad news, sp has to be pushed down. I still believe that blackberry is not about a normal stock play. Blackberry almost makes close to it's own projections for 1stQ and gains 200 mill cash position but looses more than 30% of it's market value. Go figure that out for good bad and ugly.
    Even now, every time stock wants to move up, it is being held down with large dumps as usual. The amount of negative press stories? I havnt seen that many against any dictator before the war, to build up momentum. Blackberry needs real solid numbers for more than few quarters or enough to attract some market vultures to bet on blackberry. Or in a position where dark side throws in towel and admits blackberry's success.
    You forgot the SEC and OSC doing something. Like that will be the day.
    07-19-13 08:54 AM
    They normally do that with new companies that have a new and different products, and a good chance to see HUGE growth.

BBRY is a well established company, putting out what is basically the same products (compared to other manufactures, not to themselves), even if they did well the returns are not going to be huge or quick. And at this point that is a very big IF.

BBRY would have to succeed for the "dark side" (people that are making money on BBRY) to throw in the towel. Not meeting sales projections was only a portion of the bad new... loosing subscribers was the really bad news.
    07-19-13 09:03 AM
    You forgot the SEC and OSC doing something. Like that will be the day.
    I wish they would.
    Meeting people as official clients is one thing and they all will give you an impressions that they do things by the book. But the "real business" is done at the late night parties. Been there done that. I have seen the guardians of the law playing muppets and teaching the manipulators that how to get around things. I am not counting on SEC or OSC. SEC wont do it and OEC has no real say in the US because most of the manipulation is done in the US.
    Having said that, what i do believe in is that blackberry product it self. Even though blackberry management is not the best make up artist and often times puts the wrong lipstick but the product is self is solid and has a very very crucial position in the work place, specially for the governments. Security is and will be essential no matter how you see it. As for as governments having access the data of these communication companies for the sake of national security? I think we should just accept that as normal way of life because no court will go against national security.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 09:14 AM

BBRY would have to succeed for the "dark side" (people that are making money on BBRY) to throw in the towel. Not meeting sales projections was only a portion of the bad new... loosing subscribers was the really bad news.
    Did people expect BB to reverse the user-bleed immediately after releasing BB10? If so, then that was probably unrealistic.
    These things take time, even for the most successful turn-round stories.
    For example, Mac OSX is (IMO) the best OS out there at the moment, but I didn't buy a Mac until 5 years after the first OSX release in 2005 (I started with MS-DOS, then UNIX, Linux, and Windows, I love trying out new things and was aware of the Pros of OSX).
    IMO BB10 is the best mobile OS at the moment (yes I use Androids and iOS as well). Give it sometime for people to catch on.
    07-19-13 09:21 AM
    It's nice, the apparently rare time BlackBerry wins one of these patent cases (originally filed in 2008, ruled in BB's favour but appealed in 2012, judgement now affirmed). BlackBerry, Disney, VF, Vivendi: Intellectual Property - Bloomberg
    07-19-13 09:25 AM
    Sadly, I'd still shag her.. lol
    Me 2!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-19-13 09:31 AM
    Did people expect BB to reverse the user-bleed immediately after releasing BB10? If so, then that was probably unrealistic.
    I actually did, and although in hindsight it was wrong, I don't think it was unrealistic at the time. I thought the "loyal" fanbase, specifically the early adopters, would be upgrading quickly in sufficient quantities that the first few months of sales would be surprisingly good, and more than enough to offset the reduction in subscribers.

I overestimated the degree to which most people actually care about this stuff, on a day-to-day basis. Although the BlackBerry "faithful" love the brand (and BBM), that doesn't lead them to upgrade any more quickly than others would. They are still getting the same solid value out of their old devices, and for the most part patiently waiting until their contracts are up before they renew.

I don't see this as entirely negative though... these are the same users who truly don't care about specifications, other than if the thing is so underpowered that it can't get the job done. They'll be more than happy with dual core, 2GB RAM, good audio and camera quality, and generally competitive battery life, which is exactly what they're getting from these devices (and will get from the A10).
    07-19-13 09:32 AM
    O man, you don't think Janet is a freak?

lol

I don't think $24.00 is the price target. It costs you $24 to buy the full report.

24 is the highest I've seen in... ever.
    07-19-13 09:35 AM
    Just saw this add from Taiwan on another thread.... it's long but pretty cool.

BlackBerry Z10
    07-19-13 09:44 AM
    Good morning all! TFGIF and looking forward to the end of the work day already. I hope everyone has a productive day and let's see if the SP can stay in the GREEN zone throughout the day.
    07-19-13 09:47 AM
    They normally do that with new companies that have a new and different products, and a good chance to see HUGE growth.

BBRY is a well established company, putting out what is basically the same products (compared to other manufactures, not to themselves), even if they did well the returns are not going to be huge or quick. And at this point that is a very big IF.

Sorry but i see it bit different than you do.
    1. Blackberry is a brand new company with 3.1 billion cash on hand and 72 million current subscribers are just a spring board to get to the next level.
    2. If every existing bbos7 subscriber switched to BB10 then Blackberry would have 0 subscriber?
    3. Creating a success full os is the hardest part. Then having a successful hardware was tough few years ago because no one knew what would work or what would lead. Apple showed the world how to do it. Now a 15 years old can tell what would be cool when it comes to hardwares. Blackberry took the plunge and rewrite the new os bb10 and sold 3 million hardwares in few months, better than any other startup os in the history, despite the fact that market is saturated with high end products already and is being dominated by other players. Not to mention all that negative press bs, poor marketing etc. i have used bb10 and IMO it is solid product and it will get better as they release more and more updates. Blackberry will at least have 6 products on the market. In nations where divorce rate is more than 50% means people are not very good at picking the right person, never mind a right phone. Or they want to try something else.
    4. Bes 10 gives blackberry a wide open opportunity to have Apple and android clients as subscriber. And BES 10 wont be fully deployed to see any real effect on the balance sheet until 2014. To me blackberry is a software company first.
    5. I dont know any day trader or a short term trader made more money than longs.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 07-19-13 at 10:39 AM.
    07-19-13 09:48 AM

BlackBerry Z10
    LOL... nice one. Things I found interesting:

1. The bigwig executive is running CB10 on her Z10 (in the car).

2. The Mandarin translation of "OK. That's all." is apparently "OK. That's all."

3. They transliterated Z10 as "Zee 10".

I laughed when near the end she looks at the two assistants, noticed which one had a Z10, and dumped her coat on the other one's desk.
    Korepab, cjcampbell, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    07-19-13 09:51 AM

BlackBerry Z10
    That is hilarious. Thanks.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sergey_IL like this.
    07-19-13 09:51 AM
    LOL... nice one. Things I found interesting:

1. The bigwig executive is running CB10 on her Z10 (in the car).

2. The Mandarin translation of "OK. That's all." is apparently "OK. That's all."

3. They transliterated Z10 as "Zee 10".

I laughed when near the end she looks at the two assistants, noticed which one had a Z10, and dumped her coat on the other one's desk.
    It's a spoof of the movie The Devil wears Prada. Don't ask me how I know that.....
    07-19-13 09:59 AM
    It's a spoof of the movie The Devil wears Prada. Don't ask me how I know that.....
    Yeah, we know, but you were the only one brave enough to admit it.
    07-19-13 10:00 AM

BlackBerry Z10
    Thanks for the link but couldnt play on an IOS device and every one is ok with that. Just imagine for a second that if blackberry had committed this sin? Another 30% sp drop? The world is full of Hippocrates. Sick and tired of this. LoL. If it wasnt for JD on the rocks, i would have gone bonkers by now. LoL

By the way, i did watch the video. LoL Small hands do make Z10 look very Big.
    07-19-13 10:04 AM
    Thanks for the link but couldnt play on an IOS device and every one is ok with that. Just imagine for a second that if blackberry had committed this sin? Another 30% sp drop? The world is full of Hippocrates. Sick and tired of this. LoL. If it wasnt for JD on the rocks, i would have gone bonkers by now. LoL

By the way, i did watch the video. LoL Small hands do make Z10 look very Big.
    Wait... you couldn't watch a Youtube video on your iOS device? That's odd.
    07-19-13 10:18 AM
    I think you have to run an app to do it. Go figure.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 10:21 AM
    The world is full of Hippocrates.
    That's the doctors' oath thing... you mean hypocrites. :-)
    07-19-13 10:22 AM
    Yaa, cant play flash videos on an ios device. You have copy and paste the link to a 3rd party browser to watch flash videos.
    There was an old say in an another language, i will try to translate and see if it gets the same bang?
    " .alas, only if aunt had pair of balls, she would have been called Uncle".
    Enjoy the weekend.
    07-19-13 10:25 AM
    I think you have to run an app to do it. Go figure.
    Doesn't YouTube mobile Web page work on iOS?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 10:26 AM
113,256 ... 15591560156115621563 ...