Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Which of course got me curious who Red Hat is and what they do:
    http://www.redhat.com/products/

Things that make one go hmmm.....likely nothing but makes for interesting possibilities..

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:32 PM
    Glad to hear. At least some of the government has sense enough to make the appropriate decisions.

No worries about my little joke.... some guys are growers, and some are showers.. (not showers like bathing but showers like putting on a show). Hopefully I wasn't the only one to get a chuckle out of it but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if I was.. lol
    :-) hahaha. I like your humour. We definitely need to have a bit of humour with the way things have been going lately.

We definitely need some good news from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:34 PM
    Which of course got me curious who Red Hat is and what they do:
    http://www.redhat.com/products/

Things that make one go hmmm.....likely nothing but makes for interesting possibilities..

Posted via CB10
    BBerror showing 'redhat' -
    That is just a default web server page. It means the domain is active but they haven't loaded any website on it yet. They have just gotten the server ready. That page will get replaced by a real site whenever it's ready.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-18-13 09:45 PM
    Although biased as a stockholder, I am trying to see what the indicators are telling us--at least, this is what we have other than news, right?

Daily chart:
    The MACD started to cross upward, but as you can see, it is a small upward cross. The stoch. RSI is starting to curve upward. Both (green circles), usually, indicate that a change in trend is starting to happen. We also have momentum indicator and a Directional Movement Indicator (DMI)--red circles) that show the downtrend is starting to become neutral again as the momentum indicator (-0.53) moves closer to 0, and the orange line DMI (the selling line at 39.53) is going down. However, the blue line at (15.12) is still not moving upward yet.

Based on all of these, my interpretation is that selling pressure has decreased. Buyers have not participated enough to do a rally. They did a few times, but the volume is not there. As we move from 6/28, the volume has decreased as well.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-18-9.56.18-pm.jpg

Hourly (interpretation 1):
    This is a concern, because it is showing a descending triangle. Usually, it continues the downtrend. This also aligns with the parallel downtrend channel. It is not quite a clean cut descending triangle though, because the stock forms a base / consolidation around $9.20. You can see that the DMI (orange and blue lines at the bottom) are weaving closer. At one moment, soon, one of them will goes up. If the blue line goes up, then the stock will have a break out. If the orange line goes up, then the stock is going down. What are the chances that this will go down? I cannot tell for sure. Before this massive dip, we were in a symmetrical triangle with 75% to break out higher in a typical scenario. Well, you know how that went, because of ER and overreaction.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-18-10.24.13-pm.jpg

Hourly (interpretation 2):
    We are forming the second half of a cup. A confirmation is reached, when the stock goes up to $9.70. Is this possible? Yes, it is. Is this more possible than the descending triangle? I wish, I could tell you.

So, tomorrow, if this breaks $9.10 support with volume, then ... If we close above $9.20, then the probability of forming the second half of the cup will become higher, which would show that we are forming bottom. You know how volatile this stock is.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-18-10.42.06-pm.jpg
    07-18-13 09:50 PM
    Nice read. I really do wonder what is going through Prem's mind right now heehee.
    Seeing how he is an insider, I agree. And it is probably much different than you and i.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-18-13 10:32 PM
    Madonna's Blackberry HACKED! Leaked Personal Pics Show NO Makeup & NO Inhibition! | PerezHilton.com

BB just got some free promotion on arguably the biggest gossip site on the web! Ha. Didn't even know Madonna uses a BB...
    Bugmapper and cjcampbell like this.
    07-18-13 10:36 PM
    Madonna's Blackberry HACKED! Leaked Personal Pics Show NO Makeup & NO Inhibition! | PerezHilton.com

BB just got some free promotion on arguably the biggest gossip site on the web! Ha. Didn't even know Madonna uses a BB...
    Sadly, I'd still shag her.. lol
    plane6065, bungaboy, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    07-18-13 10:44 PM
    Yeah baby :-)

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    07-18-13 10:48 PM

80's singer?

Janet Jackson for me hah!
    cjcampbell and OMGitworks like this.
    07-18-13 10:49 PM

80's singer?

Janet Jackson for me hah!
    Either or.... Madonna might just win due to her freakiness. That goes a loooooonnnggg way. lol. But Janet is short and tight and easily tossed around. Tough call but due to my first reason, I think Madonna wins. lol

Now if you are talking long term, like beyond a few hours, then I would have to agree.
    lcjr and Randeman like this.
    07-18-13 10:52 PM
    Oh snap, we got an upgrade: http://reports.finance.yahoo.com/w0?r=62527197:1
    Alpha Street ResearchHunter OrrBBRY - Research in Motion Ltd - Upgraded to a Buy - Company Analysis and ASR Ranking Report.
    07-18-13 10:58 PM
    Either or.... Madonna might just win due to her freakiness. That goes a loooooonnnggg way. lol. But Janet is short and tight and easily tossed around. Tough call but due to my first reason, I think Madonna wins. lol

Now if you are talking long term, like beyond a few hours, then I would have to agree.
    O man, you don't think Janet is a freak?

lol

Oh snap, we got an upgrade: Yahoo! Finance Research Abstract
    Alpha Street ResearchHunter OrrBBRY - Research in Motion Ltd - Upgraded to a Buy - Company Analysis and ASR Ranking Report.
    24 is the highest I've seen in... ever.
    cjcampbell, dusdal, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    07-18-13 11:01 PM
    O man, you don't think Janet is a freak?

lol

24 is the highest I've seen in... ever.
    I am sorry, I edited my post. I don't know the price target. $24 is the price to buy the report. Still, it is an upgrade, and it is fresh.
    Kid Vibe, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-18-13 11:03 PM
    O man, you don't think Janet is a freak?.
    Ya but different. Not dirty like M. lol Classy freaky and dirty freaky are different and have two different applications and purposes. If I wanted to get all passionate and sexy, then yes, J would be the one but if I want to get down, raw, and FREAKAY, then not so much.
    07-18-13 11:18 PM
    thanks for that cjcampbell. I feel it is unarguabally a great product. Even if you base it on the merits of security alone. My day trader tech buddy was saying that to those of us few intelligent ppl understand that but the masses are dumb and can't understand and thus don't care. I personally like BB because it works and works very well for me in business and I really have no quarums in personal use either. Thanks for writing that, it makes me feel better. I just can't understand why it isn't getting a better reception, maybe TH is right, just give it some time. I am sticking long because I have hope and I don't want to get out in a loss even though its a write off. But, it would hurt my ego if I ride it out and it goes to $7. To me the company is mostly doing good stuff. It is what ppl should buy, but they aren't at least yet. I want BB to take market share of the phone market. That would give a pretty strong hard on.
    btw i am having a beer too now, one really big beer can...
    07-18-13 11:40 PM
    Thank you. Our company I believe as a hold wants BlackBerry mainly because of security and tons of emailing. My IT friend says no use to ordering new phones until BES10.
    Sorry CJ don't know what you mean about shower? :-) took the picture for a liquor store in Vancouver. Since ER been drinking alot.:-) like kid, I have a few shares

Posted via CB10
    Not sure it has been done before ... So ...
    WELCOME aboard plane6065 !
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-19-13 01:57 AM
    Like many on this board, my evaluations and emotions about BlackBerry have been all over the spectrum since 6/28. You know it's bad when you finish down 1% on the day, and you're thinking, "not bad, we're improving!!!". Something like, " I've been down so long, it seems like up to me". A few random thoughts:

- So the smartphone world is a little tighter for all players these days, huh? Holy crap...

- I've been mentally prepared for another gradual 5 to 10% drop from here, because the support seems to be slowly sinking, and I figure it would knock out some option holders at $9. I'm almost like, let's get this over with and start going back up.

- I'm slowly losing hope of big news this summer (BES10 still in trial periods, BBM supposedly at the end of September), but I'm still holding my shares in the hope of a slow climb back up towards respectability, and who knows, maybe even a partnership with someone. I'm also holding because my shares are about halfway to long-term status, and if the December earnings are good, the lower tax rate would be great (although I'm definitely underwater, so hoping for profit at this point feels like asking too much).

- One other reason I'm holding: I'm curious to see the short interest next week. After earnings I thought, ok, short interest HAS to have gone down considerably. I figured prudent shorts would cover. But aren't there still a lot of negative articles on BlackBerry? I think they've slowed down, but they are still daily. Is it a tell? If the shorts had covered, and the company was just drifting towards irrelevance or a lackluster existence, why would there be so much ink spilled on it? Crappy sports teams don't receive a lot of coverage, unless there is something compelling going on. I'm not making any predictions on what the short interest will be, I just get the feeling that there is still a heavily vested interest in seeing the company fail.

While that sounds pessimistic overall, I'm really not. I think, though, that BlackBerry's comeback will be gradual, in complete defiance of the "instant gratification" mindset I'm seeing in the financial press. I still see a lot to like. If BlackBerry is a "value trap", it's a really compelling one, lol.
    As I told you before, I had a long conversation about it with a BB official. Some passing points
    BES 10 released a major update (10.1.1) in may, greatly improving the whole thing. Sure, there's Secure Workspace but that's not all.
    The "hybrids" topologies have been improved (a single company can manage accounts based on Exchange on promise, cloud based or emails on pop/imap external servers) and the high disponibility/reliability (fail-over processes) is now available.
    Companies tested prior versions for preliminary tests but this was expected by large ones to deploy their fleets of BES10.
    Q10 and Z10 are equally requested, often as a single model for a given company.
    Q5 is long awaited too for "general users" (still in demo units times here, unfortunately late ... launch was announced mid-july and is delayed).
    They do work with Microsoft, including Office365. Business Cloud Services for BB10 on the roadmap, it's clearly a target.
    10.2 will bring some kind of "iso-to" BES5 (while legacy devices are managed already, of course).
    As soon as I have some spare time, I'll make a more complete thread about it, but you have the main point : BES10 iss now (since may) ready to go production and the firsts deployments are on their way (he mentioned several 400 units sales).

Now time for me drummer to drive to the studio ... haha stage fright time !!!
    P.S: be nice and don't hassle the report button !!!
    07-19-13 02:18 AM
    Well, I successfully convinced my 20 year old brother, a long time qwerty BB user to upgrade to the Z10 vs iPhone! He took a look at iOS7 and hated the colours. He's not much of an app person, just needs a communication device with all the modern features.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 06:22 AM
    Sad indeed.
    cjcampbell, Bugmapper and Kid Vibe like this.
    07-19-13 06:33 AM
    Now. How about this for a drive by rumor, from Sneaky Alfa, to drive down the share price? FFS! No source even hinted at. What BS!

Samsung (SSNGY.OB) is reportedly close to signing orders with the FBI and Navy for its mobile...
    Friday, July 19, 3:56 AM ET
    Samsung (SSNGY.OB) is reportedly close to signing orders with the FBI and Navy for its mobile devices in what would be its first deals with the U.S. government, a traditional stronghold for Blackberry (BBRY). The bookings won't be large, but Samsung hopes they'll convince other security conscious entities, such as banks, to start buying the company's products also
    07-19-13 06:43 AM
    Well, I successfully convinced my 20 year old brother, a long time qwerty BB user to upgrade to the Z10 vs iPhone! He took a look at iOS7 and hated the colours. He's not much of an app person, just needs a communication device with all the modern features.
    I've also sold 2 Z10's this week. I think us BlackBerry fans need to be more vocal and tell our friends/family how great these phones are. If each of us sold 5 devices and each of those people sold 5 devices and so on this OS would get huge!
    07-19-13 06:46 AM
    I've also sold 2 Z10's this week. I think us BlackBerry fans need to be more vocal and tell our friends/family how great these phones are. If each of us sold 5 devices and each of those people sold 5 devices and so on this OS would get huge!
    Did my share. Bought 6 Z10s and 1 Q10.
    07-19-13 06:58 AM
    07-19-13 07:42 AM
    So we can expect to be a bit green today with the BMO and Yahoo! Finance Research Abstract upgrades? More to follow hopefully too.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    07-19-13 07:50 AM
    But with a price target of $8.00?

How do you upgrade a stock but set a price target below current SP?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    07-19-13 07:59 AM
113,256 ... 15581559156015611562 ...