View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I started a thread about it but nobody seems to care...

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...how-up-800234/

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    Just added my two cents there. It's been a long bloody time and they really should address this. My list is long....lol
    07-18-13 06:21 PM
    Just added my two cents there. It's been a long bloody time and they really should address this. My list is long....lol
    Thanks. I've made comments elsewhere too but to no avail.

Maybe the title of my thread isn't sexy enough to get the mods/users attention.

bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-18-13 06:25 PM
    Thanks. I've made comments elsewhere too but to no avail.

Maybe the title of my thread isn't sexy enough to get the mods/users attention.

Well from my observations . . . . . . it has to be a very trashy untrue baiting kind of title. With sux, NFG, hate, DOA, etc. in the title.
    07-18-13 06:39 PM
    Lets see. How can the trashers spin this in a negative way.
    About time

bungaboy likes this.
    07-18-13 06:50 PM
    I am starting to be very concerned about bbry. It is heading to the 8's and I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am now worried on a daily basis. I hope they can speed up their output, but aren't they already overworking all their employees? The competition also seems like its pulling ahead of them. I just wish we could get some kind of good news to bring the price up. I like their product, but why can't they sell more? Will the Q sales be off the chart? I am also constantly bashed by my peers. The significant amount of shorts is also a killer. I am trying to go long but the dropping share price makes me think twice. If they could just get above $10 I would be smiling from cheek to cheek.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-18-13 06:55 PM
    I am starting to be very concerned about bbry. It is heading to the 8's and I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I am now worried on a daily basis. I hope they can speed up their output, but aren't they already overworking all their employees? The competition also seems like its pulling ahead of them. I just wish we could get some kind of good news to bring the price up. I like their product, but why can't they sell more? Will the Q sales be off the chart? I am also constantly bashed by my peers. The significant amount of shorts is also a killer. I am trying to go long but the dropping share price makes me think twice. If they could just get above $10 I would be smiling from cheek to cheek.
    Ok... It's normal to be a little antsy in times like this. Heck, today I got so pissed off I put in a sell order on my shares. It made me feel a little better to say **** it... I'll take the loss. Now of course I put that order higher than the stock was going to go... by just a little bit but it made me feel a little better at the time anyway. lol. You can only do what you feel is right so I, nor anyone here, cannot advise you on what to do with your money.

As for being ridiculed by your friends, tell them to **** off. When was the last time they took a risk? You have a Z10 and it stands up against the other systems more than fine. Every iPhone and Android user that I've shown it to has said wow at lest once in my little demo.

You say the competition is moving forward faster. Please expand that. What do they have that BB doesn't? Google Glass? It is a cool concept but not for me. I could see it being more of a distraction than my phone. The iWatch? Still vapour ware and in reality, what purpose can it possibly serve? Didn't the mobile device segment move away from tiny devices for a reason? Wearable sure, but logical? Not so much. With those two down, lets get onto OS.... aside from Android being highly customizable, what else does it do that your phone can't? Is it prettier? More functional? Can you get things done more efficiently on it? If apps are your thing then maybe it's a yes to those but for this guy, nope. Apple has made a drastic change to their OS... well not really but they'll make you think they have. New look, a few new features already available on BB and Android, and WP8, aaannnnddd.... ummmm.... I think that's it. It's the same OS. Pretty, maybe so, different and new? Not so much.

Well that was a bit of a rant and I'm having a few beers so sorry if I've gone on too long and gone off topic there... lol. I'm starting to lose myself and forgetting my point so I think I'll stop here.
    07-18-13 07:14 PM
    Sudden righteousness . . . . . by the gallons.

Microsoft Tries To Outdo Google, Facebook Outrage Over PRISM: 'The Constitution Itself Is Suffering'

Huffington Post
    July-17-13 5:26 PM GMT

In a strongly worded letter, Microsoft is pressing the Obama administration for permission to disclose more information about the U.S. government's secret program to spy on Americans' Internet activity, including how often authorities are snooping online.

"[T]he Constitution itself is suffering, and it will take the personal involvement of you or the President to set things right," Microsoft lawyer Bradford Smith wrote in an unusually emotional plea to Attorney General Eric Holder.

In June, seven major Internet companies were rocked by reports of a National Security Agency program, codenamed PRISM, that siphons email, photos and other personal information shared online, ostensibly to help government agents find and fight terrorism. Since then, Microsoft has emerged as the company most cooperative with government agents -- and thus the company with the most to lose if privacy-conscious customers flee.

On Thursday, a new batch of secret documents unearthed by The Guardian implied that Microsoft helped the NSA circumvent the company's own encryption methods. The software giant has since taken a beating in the press, even as the company claims the report contained "significant inaccuracies."

In a somewhat embarrassing irony, Microsoft had lately been heavily pushing its "Your Privacy is Our Priority" ad campaign, implicitly calling out Google for overreaching in its data collection.

Indeed, since details of the PRISM program were leaked, Google, Facebook, Microsoft and other firms have been trying to outdo each other in insisting that U.S. spies don't have direct access to servers storing their customers' data.

"I want to respond personally to the outrageous press reports about PRISM," Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg wrote shortly after the program went public. "Press reports that suggest that Google is providing open-ended access to our users' data are false, period," Google chief Larry Page wrote in a post titled "What the ... ."

News of a program like PRISM, which threatens to erode trust in companies that depend on people submitting personal details of their lives, has put technology executives on a public-relations offensive. Microsoft and several other firms have indicated that they would like to reveal the volume of requests they receive from the NSA, in hopes that showing those requests are small in number will ease worried customers. But those companies are currently prohibited by law from disclosing very much information about PRISM.

Microsoft failed to receive a response from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, the court that oversees PRISM, to its request for permission to release more information about its ties to the NSA. Now the company wants President Obama, a former constitutional law professor, to step in.

"As I know you appreciate, the Constitution guarantees the fundamental freedom to engage in free expression unless silence is required by a narrowly tailored, compelling Government interest," Microsoft wrote to the White House in its letter, dated Tuesday. "It’s time to face some obvious facts. Numerous documents are now in the public domain. As a result, there is no longer a compelling Government interest in stopping those of us with knowledge from sharing more information."

"If we do receive approval to share more information, we’ll publish it immediately," the company's lawyer wrote in a separate blog post.

Disclosure: The Huffington Post is owned by AOL, which has denied knowledge of the PRISM program.
    07-18-13 07:16 PM
    The biggest concern for me is no news until ER and we take a hit again... WE NEED SOME NEWS.
    plane6065, Korepab and YangFui like this.
    07-18-13 07:17 PM
    I think we will get some...likely concerning a license deal, would think they will start announcing some significant BES 10 deployments as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:22 PM
    Sudden righteousness . . . . . by the gallons.
    Smart PR move and the wording is appropriate. I look forward to what they disclose as they are implying that they will move forward with it regardless of whether they have permission or not.
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-18-13 07:28 PM
    I think we will get some...likely concerning a license deal, would think they will start announcing some significant BES 10 deployments as well.

Posted via CB10
    My company which a crown corporation will implement BES10. Once that happens, people that have been asking for the new Q/Z10 will get their order. My IT friend says a lot of people have been asking for the phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:31 PM
    My company which a crown corporation will implement BES10. Once that happens, people that have been asking for the new Q/Z10 will get their order. My IT friend says a lot of people have been asking for the phones.

Posted via CB10
    That's awesome... side note... based on your avatar, are you indicating that you're not a shower?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-18-13 07:33 PM
    Sorry if posted previously. Worth a read.

BlackBerry Can Engage In Value Creation Through Preservation
    Jul 17 2013, 12:48
    BlackBerry Can Engage In Value Creation Through Preservation - Seeking Alpha
    Shanerredflag and Kid Vibe like this.
    07-18-13 07:36 PM
    Smart PR move and the wording is appropriate. I look forward to what they disclose as they are implying that they will move forward with it regardless of whether they have permission or not.
    Think the NSA might scroogle them?
    07-18-13 07:38 PM
    Think the NSA might scroogle them?
    Haha... probably.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-18-13 07:42 PM
    That's awesome... side note... based on your avatar, are you indicating that you're not a shower?
    Thank you. Our company I believe as a hold wants BlackBerry mainly because of security and tons of emailing. My IT friend says no use to ordering new phones until BES10.
    Sorry CJ don't know what you mean about shower? :-) took the picture for a liquor store in Vancouver. Since ER been drinking alot.:-) like kid, I have a few shares

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 07:45 PM
    Nice read. I really do wonder what is going through Prem's mind right now heehee.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    07-18-13 08:00 PM
    Thank you. Our company I believe as a hold wants BlackBerry mainly because of security and tons of emailing. My IT friend says no use to ordering new phones until BES10.
    Sorry CJ don't know what you mean about shower? :-) took the picture for a liquor store in Vancouver. Since ER been drinking alot.:-) like kid, I have a few shares

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear. At least some of the government has sense enough to make the appropriate decisions.

No worries about my little joke.... some guys are growers, and some are showers.. (not showers like bathing but showers like putting on a show). Hopefully I wasn't the only one to get a chuckle out of it but at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me if I was.. lol
    YangFui likes this.
    07-18-13 08:00 PM
    Posted via CB10
    I think we'll start hearing about BES 10 license deals in September. BES 10 / MDM comes with 2 months free trial. It was made available last week of June. So, I am guessing, deals will only occur after the free-trial period is over. That brings us to September.

This also means, we should start seeing some revenue trickling in starting September. That (trickle of) revenue will show in December ER.
    07-18-13 08:07 PM
    And this:
    BlackBerry Rolling Out a New BBError.com Domain for Bricked BlackBerry 10 Devices - BerryReview

Every little bit helps....
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 07-18-13 at 09:20 PM.
    07-18-13 08:22 PM
    LOL ed..
    Now have to explain to wife what lolling about...

cjcampbell, bungaboy and plane6065 like this.
    07-18-13 09:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same. I'm just waiting for services Canada to get their act together. Once they do there will be a LOT of new Q/Zs ordered. As previously mentioned, my dept alone normally orders approx 5000 BlackBerrys per fiscal year. But until Is good to go NO gov of Canada employee can get a bb10 ph for work purposes.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:02 PM
    LOL ed..
    Now have to explain to wife what lolling about...

lmao.... well I'm glad I wasn't the only one to find the humour in it.
    07-18-13 09:13 PM
    So I tried the bberror.com stated in the link I posted earlier...this is what pops up:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000377.png

Posted via CB10
    07-18-13 09:20 PM
    Like many on this board, my evaluations and emotions about BlackBerry have been all over the spectrum since 6/28. You know it's bad when you finish down 1% on the day, and you're thinking, "not bad, we're improving!!!". Something like, " I've been down so long, it seems like up to me". A few random thoughts:

- So the smartphone world is a little tighter for all players these days, huh? Holy crap...

- I've been mentally prepared for another gradual 5 to 10% drop from here, because the support seems to be slowly sinking, and I figure it would knock out some option holders at $9. I'm almost like, let's get this over with and start going back up.

- I'm slowly losing hope of big news this summer (BES10 still in trial periods, BBM supposedly at the end of September), but I'm still holding my shares in the hope of a slow climb back up towards respectability, and who knows, maybe even a partnership with someone. I'm also holding because my shares are about halfway to long-term status, and if the December earnings are good, the lower tax rate would be great (although I'm definitely underwater, so hoping for profit at this point feels like asking too much).

- One other reason I'm holding: I'm curious to see the short interest next week. After earnings I thought, ok, short interest HAS to have gone down considerably. I figured prudent shorts would cover. But aren't there still a lot of negative articles on BlackBerry? I think they've slowed down, but they are still daily. Is it a tell? If the shorts had covered, and the company was just drifting towards irrelevance or a lackluster existence, why would there be so much ink spilled on it? Crappy sports teams don't receive a lot of coverage, unless there is something compelling going on. I'm not making any predictions on what the short interest will be, I just get the feeling that there is still a heavily vested interest in seeing the company fail.

While that sounds pessimistic overall, I'm really not. I think, though, that BlackBerry's comeback will be gradual, in complete defiance of the "instant gratification" mindset I'm seeing in the financial press. I still see a lot to like. If BlackBerry is a "value trap", it's a really compelling one, lol.
    07-18-13 09:28 PM
113,256 ... 15571558155915601561 ...