View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    offered without comment:

Nokia continues to improve on its Lumia sales figures worldwide. The latest Q2 earnings show another quarterly improvement, up to 7.4 million in the latest quarter. That's a bump on the record high of 5.6 million in the last quarter, and up from 4 million in the same quarter last year. Up to June 30th, Nokia has sold 27.3 million Lumias in total since shipping its first Windows Phone device, the Lumia 800, in November 2011.
    Nokia improves Lumia sales to 7.4 million in Q2, but North America continues to lag | The Verge
    07-18-13 05:10 AM
    Anyone seen the thread about BBRY shares being suspended in Germany - anyone know what is going on/able to verify?
    Seriously?
    07-18-13 06:19 AM
    You just refuse to listen what he says. But this has been explained for dozen times, so I wonder if we should go again.
    Short : it is not the tablet format nor usage that is targeted here. But it's internal "intelligence". BlackBerry vision is that these screens will not need embedded power anymore. They will become peripherals. "Mobile computing"...

Posted via CB10
    Lots of water will pass under the bridge before they can develope hardware that I can wear on my belt that does Photoshop and AutoCAD.

I think the day will come but there is still lots of demand for tablets in the mean time. We are years away from replacing tablets, laptops and desktops with a personal computing device in your pocket.
    Nathan Bael likes this.
    07-18-13 06:28 AM
    Shares are being traded in pre market so doesnt look like it's suspended.
    07-18-13 07:14 AM
    Nokia news.

Nokia handset sales fall short

HELSINKI — Reuters
    Published Thursday, Jul. 18 2013, 6:21 AM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Jul. 18 2013, 6:53 AM EDT

Nokia missed analysts forecasts for sales of its handsets in the second quarter as the company struggles to recapture market share it has lost to rivals Samsung and Apple.

Nokia said it shipped 7.4 million Lumia smartphones in the quarter, up 32 per cent from the first quarter but fewer than the 8.1 million units analysts had anticipated in a Reuters poll.

That shows chief executive Stephen Elop, hired in 2010 to turn the company around, has yet to prove his bold choice in 2011 to adopt Microsoft Corp’s untested Windows Phone software was the right one.

Sales of regular mobile phones, which still account for over half of its device revenues, were also weaker than expected. Shipments of such handsets fell to 53.7 million units, far lower than the market’s average forecast for 56.2 million.

That showed customers are switching to rival handsets and upgrading to smartphones more quickly than expected.

Nokia has been cutting costs and selling off assets to buy time for a turnaround. Its net cash reserves fell to €4.1-billion ($5.4-billion U.S.) from €4.5-billion in the previous quarter, in line with expectations.

Shares in the company fell 5 per cent following the update.
    07-18-13 07:16 AM
    NOK should use BB10 and not Windows OS. They have a better chance then. My opinion.
    07-18-13 07:17 AM
    NOK should use BB10 and not Windows OS. They have a better chance then. My opinion.
    Is BB going to pay them @ $250 million a year? Doubtful.
    07-18-13 07:18 AM
    Duh, obviously Nokia is shipping more devices now vs BlackBerry at this point in time. I think the real indication should be in 2-3 quarters to see whether BB10 is doing better vs WP8. Nokia's struggles in the US continue as well, which are being overlooked a bit.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-18-13 07:26 AM
    They've been selling Lumia's since late 2011. Look at the first two quarters.... about a million for the first, and about 2 for the second. Sound familiar? If you look at the fact that BB sold 2.7 for the second, then they're already moving faster than that line did to start things off. Also, they have 7 different lumia models available. BB had 2 for the reporting periods, and now 3. I'm not saying that BB10 will be selling 7+ million per quarter by years end, but lets look at the numbers over the next couple of quarters before we start making comparisons.
    leafs123, bungaboy, imz and 8 others like this.
    07-18-13 07:36 AM

Opinions are cool.... but why?

Windows is a proven brand and it won't be very long before the experience on your mobile device is the same as the one you have on your desktop (or game console). With Windows that will happen long before Thor's dream of all in one computing. I don't see any reason for Nokia or any manufacture (including BBRY) to want to try to launch a brand new OS that isn't really built on any existing support! And Microsoft ability to see that their Window Mobile platform succeeds isn't in question - if it cost them 3 Billion, 10 Billion or 50 Billion...
    07-18-13 07:47 AM
    This is the reality...Verizon activated 3.9M iPhones in Q2, more than half of all smartphone activations.
    07-18-13 07:55 AM
    LoL. My ignore list of bashers, trashers and haters is so long I only see half the page.
    07-18-13 08:12 AM
    Anyone seen the thread about BBRY shares being suspended in Germany - anyone know what is going on/able to verify?
    I think, unfortunately, that BBRY is about to get touched up on the security front. I don't think the shares are halted, but the German papers are pointing out issues with BB10 and IMAP and POP3 email log in info....

BlackBerry 10 Allegedly Harvests Email Credentials Without Warning - N4BB
    07-18-13 08:17 AM
    pretty quiet pm today. I wonder if all the attention will be given to NOK instead. Currently, if we can hold and open here, we are in a good position to move on and up. Only 13 minutes to find out
    07-18-13 08:17 AM
    shares are halted, cant buy/trade atm from my broker......**** is this a bad thing? going to make SP drop?
    07-18-13 08:32 AM
    LoL. My ignore list of bashers, trashers and haters is so long I only see half the page.
    The phenomena of being proud of ignorance is really strange but well established https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-intellectualism
    FastLane228 likes this.
    07-18-13 08:34 AM
    shares are halted, cant buy/trade atm from my broker......**** is this a bad thing? going to make SP drop?
    On the Nasdaq?
    07-18-13 08:35 AM
    ? Seems to be trading fine.
    07-18-13 08:35 AM
    07-18-13 08:36 AM
    on TD Web Broker both BBRY and BB are greyed out not allowing trades :S
    07-18-13 08:38 AM
    Super weird. The volume does seem to be anemic.
    07-18-13 08:39 AM
    Seems like TD continues to have problems, a lot recently. I was considering switching to TD but seems like they're unreliable.
    cjcampbell and CDM76 like this.
    07-18-13 08:40 AM
    can anyone else on a different platform just try putting a order for like 1 share, just don't process it and see if it brings you to confirm page?
    07-18-13 08:41 AM
    Seems like TD continues to have problems, a lot recently. I was considering switching to TD but seems like they're unreliable.
    Their commissions are awful. I only have them bc of their E-series funds.
    leafs123 likes this.
    07-18-13 08:42 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-picture1.jpg

From Nasdaq site.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-18-13 08:43 AM
113,256 ... 15531554155515561557 ...