View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    This is usually a good place to introduce this false dichotomy: "Well, I'd rather have BBM come out late with no bugs rather than a buggy on-time launch".

See what I did there? I introduced outcomes that are not mutually exclusive - just because it comes out late doesn't mean it won't be buggy.
    abouthsu likes this.
    07-17-13 01:20 PM
    This is usually a good place to introduce this false dichotomy: "Well, I'd rather have BBM come out late with no bugs rather than a buggy on-time launch".

See what I did there? I introduced outcomes that are not mutually exclusive - just because it comes out late doesn't mean it won't be buggy.
    Everything has bugs, can't think of one thing that was perfect on launch. Whether the app will live up to it's hype, I hope so. Nothing wrong with some manipulation and a few teasers to create some positive hype.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 01:28 PM
    NO NO NO

What if that BUZZ in negative, then no one will can when the full version comes. BlackBerry has NEVER been good about quality control on their new OS updates - one reason that carriers don't trust them and take so long to test. But they had better make sure that when they release BBM, that they have it right. The company can NOT withstand BBM being seen in a negative light!

Most apps take longer to get Apple approval, and they are less tolerant of bugs. Along with they are going to look very hard at anything that competes with their products - they won't turn it down for that reason only...
    I agree with this...make it right before release...and stop talking about future releases before they are ready.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:30 PM
    If they are smart, I'd do selective beta program on a voluntary basis on all 3 platforms.

Everything has bugs, can't think of one thing that was perfect on launch. Whether the app will live up to it's hype, I hope so. Nothing wrong with some manipulation and a few teasers to create some positive hype.
    (+ others)

Guys, I believe you could discuss it in the brand new BBM central section, we're sliding OT, gently, but we are!
    BBM central : http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-central-f403/
    Thanks !
    07-17-13 01:36 PM
    BlackBerry saw 40% jump in sales after exchange offer in India

Enjoy !

Posted via CB10

abstract

... now you tell me about "slashing prices"
    Please read the other article posted today on the same site - a review of the Q5 and the reviewer "concerns" about pricing of BlackBerry devices in India.

BlackBerry Q5: First look

It's just one reviews perception, but I've been hearing it more and more in from other markets where BB has been strong in the past.
    07-17-13 01:43 PM
    Please read the other article posted today on the same site - a review of the Q5 and the reviewer "concerns" about pricing of BlackBerry devices in India.

BlackBerry Q5: First look

It's just one reviews perception, but I've been hearing it more and more in from other markets where BB has been strong in the past.
    Party poo !
    Same answer than in the general forum, then ...
    Well, I sport a Q5 (add to my Q10 and Zeds) for a whole day now.
    This is nowhere cheap (not sure what "dampener" means in the context).
    Also, one more time ... it's not a low-range device. Mid-range it is and no, it will not fit people who use a $1 flipphone or a cheap Chinese android.
    But I believe no one expects that at launch (full price). Then, let's wait 4-6 months and see what happens in the "sales promotion" area
    Edit : Ok guys, I'm out for today. CU2morrow !
    07-17-13 01:48 PM
    Nokia ER tomorrow...will be interesting to see if WP8 is really doing better.
    07-17-13 02:04 PM
    Hopefully they under perform. Will put some confidence back into BBRY shareholders.
    07-17-13 02:18 PM
    We're still holding on to our gains today!! Sure, maybe only 8 cents, but wouldn't it be cool to make these small gains every day? lol
    07-17-13 02:21 PM
    We're still holding on to our gains today!! Sure, maybe only 8 cents, but wouldn't it be cool to make these small gains every day? lol
    I'm good with a 1% gain. Far better than a 2% loss
    07-17-13 02:25 PM
    BlackBerry saw 40% jump in sales after exchange offer in India

Enjoy !

Posted via CB10

abstract

... now you tell me about "slashing prices"
    But what were the sales figures before? 40% of what?
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-17-13 02:27 PM
    I never thought $10 would look so good! By this rate, we should be there in 2 wks
    Last edited by m0de25; 07-17-13 at 02:57 PM.
    lcjr and fedakd like this.
    07-17-13 02:30 PM
    Probably not good but an improvement is an improvement so I'll take it.
    07-17-13 02:32 PM
    I never understood ppl idea in pricing. BB releases q10 at a premium rate and then the R10 comes out and ppl think it should be a budget phone. That would be like GM sells a caddy then introduced a G6 but ppl think it should be the price of a cavalier

They think this because ppl feel BB is in trouble therefore everything they sell should be at a discount
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-17-13 02:56 PM
    Well that has to have been the most solid day we've had since the ER. Didn't gain only to fall off at the end, kept the pressure on resistance, and I'm thinking may have set us up nicely for tomorrow.
    07-17-13 03:03 PM
    I never understood ppl idea in pricing. BB releases q10 at a premium rate and then the R10 comes out and ppl think it should be a budget phone. That would be like GM sells a caddy then introduced a G6 but ppl think it should be the price of a cavalier

They think this because ppl feel BB is in trouble therefore everything they sell should be at a discount
    Yeah, there's numerous points to be made on both sides of this topic. Some feel the devices should be on the lighter budget side and some feel the devices should be for those who can afford them. Which side is better or best for the company???? I guess I'll remain one of the even fewer that feel BB should concentrate solely on software and be the secure company corporations reach out to in order to secure their data and communications, along with operating those corporation's vehicles and machinery. But that's just my opinion.
    07-17-13 03:09 PM
    Well that has to have been the most solid day we've had since the ER. Didn't gain only to fall off at the end, kept the pressure on resistance, and I'm thinking may have set us up nicely for tomorrow.
    Yep, today was a good day. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Tomorrow is my second furlough day (unpaid day off) so I should be able to check in now and then to see how we're doing.
    cjcampbell, Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 03:11 PM
    *shrugs*

But when a company's SP is priced below liquidation value, growth is good.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 03:17 PM
    For anyone interested, it looks like VIKI will finally be ready as of Friday. It's only 6 months late too. I gave it the beta test so I'm hoping they did a whole crap load of work in the last 2 months.
    lcjr likes this.
    07-17-13 03:23 PM
    Thank you, Morgan. I hope, you regain your full health fast.

Today is the thirteenth day of the downtrend. It opened at $9.08. The trade felt a bit different today, because it crossed the $9.20 multiple times with an intraday uptrend line (blue line) on the 5 minute chart. The stock had an intraday pennant top line (orange line), and I was concerned that it was going to dip below it at 1:30 and 3 p.m. However, it bounced, and closed at $9.24 with 4 million trades less in volume, than yesterday.

5 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-17-4.11.09-pm.jpg

30 minute:
    The stock got out of the third wedge (black line), and almost got out of the parallel downtrend channel (red fill). You can see this based on the last candle on the 5 minute and 30 minute chart.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-17-4.06.04-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-17-4.16.33-pm.jpg

Closing in the $9.40 range or more would be good for tomorrow. MACD is about to cross up, and its histogram (green circles) has decreased further. If history repeats itself based on the December 2012 drop, then tomorrow could be a break out day (needs 50 million or more in volume). 111 million trades happened on the fourteenth day of the December 2012 drop. This is one possibility.

Remember that we just barely got out of the parallel downtrend channel, this needs to be confirmed tomorrow. Another possibility is to have a "modest" close around $9.40. A third possibility is for whatever reason, there is negative news and it got "played" again--don't want this to happen.
    07-17-13 03:29 PM
    Thank you, Morgan. I hope, you regain your full health fast.

Today is the thirteenth day of the downtrend. It opened at $9.08. The trade felt a bit different today, because it crossed the $9.20 multiple times with an intraday uptrend line (blue line) on the 5 minute chart. The stock had an intraday pennant top line (orange line), and I was concerned that it was going to dip below it at 1:30 and 3 p.m. However, it bounced, and closed at $9.24 with 4 million trades less in volume, than yesterday.

5 minute:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 4.11.09 PM.jpg 
Views:	1217 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	183500

30 minute:
    The stock got out of the third wedge (black line), and almost got out of the parallel downtrend channel (red fill). You can see this based on the last candle on the 5 minute and 30 minute chart.

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 4.06.04 PM.jpg 
Views:	1218 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	183501

Daily:

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 4.16.33 PM.jpg 
Views:	1218 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	183502

Closing in the $9.40 range or more would be good for tomorrow. MACD is about to cross up, and its histogram (green circles) has decreased further. If history repeats itself based on the December 2012 drop, then tomorrow could be a break out day (needs 50 million or more in volume). 111 million trades happened on the fourteenth day of the December 2012 drop. This is one possibility.

Remember that we just barely got out of the parallel downtrend channel, this needs to be confirmed tomorrow. Another possibility is to have a "modest" close around $9.40. A third possibility is for whatever reason, there is negative news and it got "played" again--don't want this to happen.
    JL,

I like to thank you for taking time to do these charts. Do very much appreciate your time and effort even though some are like Greeks to me Lol.
    bungaboy, lcjr, cjcampbell and 6 others like this.
    07-17-13 03:42 PM
    For anyone interested, it looks like VIKI will finally be ready as of Friday. It's only 6 months late too. I gave it the beta test so I'm hoping they did a whole crap load of work in the last 2 months.
    Cool man!! Let me know how it is once you're done giving it the once over. I doubt I'll see it until I get the A10, but it's still cool to know it's out there.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-17-13 03:42 PM

It's not necessarily a matter of BB being in trouble or not, it's strategic marketing known as a loss leader. For those of you that don't know the term, it's when a company sells something at a loss in order to benefit from further profits in subsequent purchases down the road. Good examples of this is Gillette selling the razor handle at a loss, becasue they know they will make a killing with razors, or XBox selling at cost because of the subsequent game purchases, etc.

Loss leader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, in the case of BB, many feel that a bigger initail user base will bring in more $ through Appworld, which in turn will attract more developers. I suspect, however, that since BlackBerry eluded that hardware margins would offset BIS subscriber fees, they had to prove that they could sell their hardware at high margins. IMO, BB went too far... I'm not suggesting that they sell at a loss, but they should have sold at less margin at this critical stage.
    Last edited by m0de25; 07-17-13 at 04:05 PM.
    lcjr and Korepab like this.
    07-17-13 03:45 PM
    Cool man!! Let me know how it is once you're done giving it the once over. I doubt I'll see it until I get the A10, but it's still cool to know it's out there.
    I'm wondering if it still swears at you.. lol. I had an interesting response once while using the beta.
    Korepab and lcjr like this.
    07-17-13 03:58 PM
    JL
    It is my pleasure to be able to contribute, and try to make sense of the action. Personally, I feel that we, the stockholders in this board, are going through a perseverance test in life, and what a test it is. I am glad that Morgan is with us to continue sharing his insight on the stock, and others to keep this board sane. Should the stock close around $9.40 tomorrow, then it could be considered as a confirmation for an uptrend, because the parallel downtrend channel would be broken, and the other half part of the cup may start to form.
    m0de25, jxnb, cjcampbell and 11 others like this.
    07-17-13 04:11 PM
113,250 ... 15511552155315541555 ...