View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Side note, what a run for $YHOO today. Anyone own it here?
    07-17-13 11:23 AM
    Sad to say some friends contracts are up and they are getting a Nexus 4 because it has Instagram

Happy to say the company I work for is implementing BES10 and already have purchases a few BB10 devices!
    It was recently announced BB will be getting Instagram
    OMGitworks likes this.
    07-17-13 11:44 AM
    It was? Was that a real announcement or 'some unknown dude told me...'
    Bugmapper and take99 like this.
    07-17-13 11:49 AM
    It was? Was that a real announcement or 'some unknown dude told me...'
    Just some site said it. I wouldn't hold my breath.
    07-17-13 11:52 AM
    Not bad. Feb they were at $19.34 and five months later they are now at $27.04. We could use some of that!
    07-17-13 11:52 AM
    07-17-13 11:54 AM
    Not good if true. They said summer and Sept ain't summer.
    07-17-13 12:01 PM
    I agreed. Get a Hollywood to write a script and start throwing some cheap effective promotion on social media platform where everyone actually care about messaging app.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 12:01 PM
    I've been following, looking into getting in after the post-ER buzz fades. Looks like a great stock with such low forward valuation. All though - I'm assuming the EPS quote is due partly to the sale of Alibaba last year?

We can totally discuss this in PMs as well to keep on topic.

Cheers!
    07-17-13 12:02 PM
    When asked Lalvani to narrow down the availability details, he said, "The service is coming to Android this summer. But summer as per North America, where it remains till September." When asked if that means that BBM for Android would be available before the end of September, his response was in the affirmative.

I was hoping for August.
    bungaboy and Compaqee like this.
    07-17-13 12:10 PM
    Some people here need to understand the user base with BlackBerry, but first, need to understand that with an OS like BB10, there is no need to over create hardware!
    A good example is with the Windows PC: We buy a PC with bloated Windows X, then a faster processor/more RAM/Graphics card, etc., to keep up with more bloat-ware that we install in the form of patches and updates. Then, we need a faster PC because, well, you get the picture.
    BB10 is different. It doesn't need to match hardware that other OS's require.
    This also helps keep margins higher, as older parts can be purchased, with SHOULD help investors(!)
    I fully understand this, but BlackBerry needs to attract new and more customers/consumers and I'm not so sure they understand this.
    07-17-13 12:17 PM
    When asked Lalvani to narrow down the availability details, he said, "The service is coming to Android this summer. But summer as per North America, where it remains till September." When asked if that means that BBM for Android would be available before the end of September, his response was in the affirmative.

I was hoping for August.
    Totally agree. With all the messaging apps coming out, BBM needs to get in quick.
    07-17-13 12:20 PM
    Sad to say some friends contracts are up and they are getting a Nexus 4 because it has Instagram

Happy to say the company I work for is implementing BES10 and already have purchases a few BB10 devices!
    Well, as an investor if I had to choose, I'd take the BES10 implementation with BB10 devices over a couple of friends who are worried about Instagram. That is like 99.9% good news and 0.1% bad news to me..... so thanks.
    07-17-13 12:21 PM
    Totally agree. With all the messaging apps coming out, BBM needs to get in quick.
    At least get a beta out there quickly on one other platform, say... iOS. Then the buzz will start with people and there will be some anticipation for the full version on iOS and Android.
    07-17-13 12:23 PM
    Summer ends September 21.
    07-17-13 12:24 PM
    Also, wondering if BBM for iOS will come out sooner than Android's?
    07-17-13 12:34 PM
    Pointless fluff article.... but really strange how upbeat it is.

BlackBerry got dumped, but it’s not too late to be the prettiest girl at the dance!

Read more:
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...#ixzz2ZKEkCK9Y
    Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook
    lcjr likes this.
    07-17-13 12:35 PM
    Do we really believe any date BBRY gives anymore???? They haven't been "on time" in a few years now for anything.
    07-17-13 12:40 PM
    They have been on time for anything I can think of for the past year. Save for Thor having to delay BB10 when he first took the position.
    07-17-13 12:44 PM
    They have been on time for anything I can think of for the past year. Save for Thor having to delay BB10 when he first took the position.
    The whole BB10 line, the savior of BBRY as we know it missed the Christmas season and then had a rolling date they couldn't miss because they never really said. BB10 to Playbook came.... wait for... oh wait it's not happening. Apps coming soon is not anyone's definition of "soon" that I know of. It was worse before TH, but he's also got the same bug, better perhaps, but he's got it. They can't be trusted when it comes to deadlines.
    timberdc likes this.
    07-17-13 12:49 PM
    At least get a beta out there quickly on one other platform, say... iOS. Then the buzz will start with people and there will be some anticipation for the full version on iOS and Android.
    NO NO NO

What if that BUZZ in negative, then no one will can when the full version comes. BlackBerry has NEVER been good about quality control on their new OS updates - one reason that carriers don't trust them and take so long to test. But they had better make sure that when they release BBM, that they have it right. The company can NOT withstand BBM being seen in a negative light!

Also, wondering if BBM for iOS will come out sooner than Android's?
    Most apps take longer to get Apple approval, and they are less tolerant of bugs. Along with they are going to look very hard at anything that competes with their products - they won't turn it down for that reason only...
    07-17-13 01:01 PM

If they are looking for decent cheap phones, Nexus 4 isnt a bad choice. but to be tied up for another 2 years at least on a 0 dollar phone, i'm not sure if Nexus is worth wasting 2 years on.
    07-17-13 01:10 PM
    Things do get delayed. it happens all the time with other companies too. (samsung knox) Companies are under pressure to release some positive news. there is always a pressure from the market and short sighted investors too, which causes half baked products to be released. I rather see a working product. I remember buying a playbook and then returning it because it had no apps. it's a double edged sword. rather have low expectations then deliver more than have high impossible expectations. phones cycles are based on contracts. in blackberry's case, it provides a very important communication service for large corporations and governments. one just can not toy around with it. that is one of the reason that no one else has the one stop shop in that market segment from head to tail. it is not simply a matter of grabbing an android OS and slap it on already tested hardware.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    07-17-13 01:11 PM
    http://www.themobileindian.com/news/...offer-in-India

Enjoy !

Posted via CB10

abstract
    In coming months BlackBerry will be launching smartphones at various price points based on BlackBerry OS 7 and 10.

Sometime back to catalyze the uptake of BlackBerry Z10 among consumers BlackBerry had introduced exchange offer and it has resulted in 40 per cent increase in sales of the flag ship smartphone.
    Under the scheme, one can exchange his or her older smartphone for the BlackBerry Z10 and get discount between Rs 3,000 to Rs 11,000 on Z10
    ... now you tell me about "slashing prices"
    07-17-13 01:12 PM
    If they are smart, I'd do selective beta program on a voluntary basis on all 3 platforms.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-17-13 01:14 PM
113,256 ... 15501551155215531554 ...