View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Facebook, a social network company, tried to monetize it's popularity by getting into phone business. What an #EPICFAIL it turned out to be!

Now, BlackBerry, a phone company is getting into mobile social networking (via cross platform BBM and Channels) and showing how it's done, like a boss!

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    Don't forget, Japan's popular line messaging app first year made 58.9 millions via in app purchase and selling stickers. Inclusion of BBM channels will set it apart hopefully and other methods of making money.

No one like laying off people, but they need to trim, and partner up with someone for the hardware component and focus on the software. Keep playing the security card, don't make it the only reason for investor to invest in BBRY, innovate.
    07-17-13 12:15 AM
    just saw that WeChat is coming to BB10? even with BBM i think this is great because WeChat is the dominate chat app in china and HK
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-17-13 12:20 AM
    just saw that WeChat is coming to BB10? even with BBM i think this is great because WeChat is the dominate chat app in china and HK
    I use wechat on android, and with ask due respect to the developers. If you saw what I saw, the permissions the app is asking user to grant, I don't trust them and my ethnicity is Asian
    07-17-13 12:28 AM
    That big drop yesterday seemed to coincide with the changes to whatsapp business model - maybe someone say the upside in cross platform BBM evaporate? (which is why I was trying to find BBM traffic numbers).
    07-17-13 01:36 AM
    That big drop yesterday seemed to coincide with the changes to whatsapp business model - maybe someone say the upside in cross platform BBM evaporate? (which is why I was trying to find BBM traffic numbers).
    I too a long time user of whatsapp, good messaging program but I feel it's lacking features. I do hope BBM listen to users and do a survey of pros and cons on each platform. The most obvious one being the sign up process where the registration and id is associate to the phone number, so it automatically scan and make friends list available base on the contact list rather than having to add people manually.

Easier it is for people to find friends and it's on boarding process will be crucial.
    07-17-13 01:57 AM
    Oh guys, 5 pages in a row and it seems that any hope vanished. ? Seriously ?
    There's nothing new on the corporate side since AGM. So what's the deal ? Traders playing Ken and Barbie with a stock ? That's their game and I sincerely hope the numerous "they're stronger you may even imagine" warnings were read in full and not as some "usual disclaimer".

The fight is NOT in the stock and until there's facts and figures, we shouldn't set our feelings about the company based on the stock variation.
    Again, "we"'re here (this thread) because we believed (and still) that BlackBerry has a great future value. For most of us, it's obvious that we might have use this money to invest otherwise. Yes, since Feb 2011, we'd had probably (but really no guarantee) gained (more) money and today's picture is not brilliant (my avg is $13.2). Our "paper loss" is way too big to be defensible by any financial analysis. Fact.

I run a tiny company and I've been through these times. Those after you made a wrong choice. When you have to break your heart cutting jobs. When you have zero support from your suppliers and the bank is nowhere helping but instead hold your head under the water, vanishing any hope of fast recovery. When most of your clients omit "hello" prior to ask if "you're dead". I know that feeling. I know how tempting it is to abandon the ship, the anger you have against those you served so well and are now leaving the room, laughing at you. That's a freaky experience, believe me.

BUT (that's a big one, not shouting ) then, you have some historical and loyal clients. Not the most, nor bigger. And that phone call "we decided we could anticipate what was planned for next year, let's do it now. You can get 70% in advance". That wasn't much, a few €K, just enough to add to my whole savings to pay the layoffs plan costs. And I'm still here. Because of that support, the feeling that you cannot abandon them, because it demonstrates you still have a recognized value. Today I'm this loyal customer with my 550 "drop in the bucket" shares.

Of course, my case doesn't compare. Of course this isn't the only reason why I'm still clowning around, there are rational analysis to back this up. But at the end of the day ... Anyone is welcome to "call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I've bought some BBRY shares" and I'm holding them. Strong. I'm proud to be part of this revival and yeah, this is (one of) the way(s) "I support BlackBerry".
    It ain't over until it's over.
    jxnb, MrBurns2U, CDM76 and 13 others like this.
    07-17-13 04:38 AM
    BB should buy in to LOEWE right now... Bringing QNX to Home Entertainment.
    Using my Z10 as a Standard Remote control...
    CDM76, bungaboy and lcjr like this.
    07-17-13 05:20 AM
    ... Anyone is welcome to "call me a dreamer, a fanatic, a fool or whatever, I've bought some BBRY shares" and I'm holding them. Strong. I'm proud to be part of this revival and yeah, this is (one of) the way(s) "I support BlackBerry".
    It ain't over until it's over.
    I do not want to call you a "dreamer, fanatic or a fool" but the "light is dim" and I would not encourage anyone to buy BBRY at this point.

Today we will see new lows we have not seen in a long time. I see nothing to turn this around. Nothing.

Sorry
    07-17-13 06:24 AM
    Well at least we were only under 9 for one trade....so far. Here's to hoping for a better day.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:31 AM
    BlackBerry is really getting behind the Amazing Race Canada. Good to see. I hope they do the same for other shows in the US and other countries.

http://www.ctv.ca/theamazingracecana...deTheRace.aspx

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:51 AM
    Facebook, a social network company, tried to monetize it's popularity by getting into phone business. What an #EPICFAIL it turned out to be!

Now, BlackBerry, a phone company is getting into mobile social networking (via cross platform BBM and Channels) and showing how it's done, like a boss!

No doubt in my mind that in < 30 days of it's release, BBM would be on 50% of active iPhone and Android devices in most countries

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    That's the spirit, let the naysayers fall off the bus now. Walmart shoppers last year in the summer BB made a low as well, do you see a pattern developing here?
    07-17-13 07:00 AM
    I do not want to call you a "dreamer, fanatic or a fool" but the "light is dim" and I would not encourage anyone to buy BBRY at this point.

Today we will see new lows we have not seen in a long time. I see nothing to turn this around. Nothing.

Sorry
    I will sadly agree with the above statement.

We have amazing products and software but also new levels of incompetence and understanding of today's market from the management.

Having said that, if it was up to me I would alter the marketing strategy of BlackBerry by claiming that BlackBerry is not for everyone it's not for the masses and take an elitist approach that could reposition the brand. The approach if used right can help the brand a lot and eventually sales too.

TH without realizing did exactly the same mistake the previous management did by launching the playbook. He decided to go head to head with the big guns without having the ammunition to do so.

Either way... still hoping... still long

Posted via CB10
    Tinomane, danprown, m0de25 and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 07:09 AM
    BlackBerry is really getting behind the Amazing Race Canada. Good to see. I hope they do the same for other shows in the US and other countries.

The Amazing Race Canada - Inside The Race - CTV

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with how much they're marketing in Canada. It's working too. I see a ton of BB10 phones around. I just wish their tv commercials were a little more unique and memorable. The new Q10 one is pretty good though. I think they should really play on the nostalgia factor like this fan made commercial:

07-17-13 07:16 AM
    07-17-13 07:20 AM

We have amazing products and software but also new levels of incompetence and understanding of today's market from the management.

Having said that, if it was up to me I would alter the marketing strategy of BlackBerry by claiming that BlackBerry is not for everyone it's not for the masses and take an elitist approach that could reposition the brand. The approach if used right can help the brand a lot and eventually sales too.

TH without realizing did exactly the same mistake the previous management did by launching the playbook. He decided to go head to head with the big guns without having the ammunition to do so.

Either way... still hoping... still long

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, not being a TH defender here, but if you've followed BBRY since the new management came in and the products were launched, they did exactly or at least attempted to do what you mentioned. There are interviews where TH says we're not going after iOS/Android users, we're targeting a specific audience (hyper-connected, qwerty. you know). He never came out and said "we're reclaiming the #1 spot". Not sure how this comparable to the PB as well. The PB was a failure yes, but the judgment cannot be made for BB10 devices until for some time. They did what they needed to do, catch up to the competition, but that wasn't enough to put them over the top.

We'll see what the future holds.
    07-17-13 07:24 AM
    Where is the f'ing Verizon event for the Z10, Q10, or A10? Anyone still working in BlackBerry marketing?
    They can't even push out BB 10.1 for my z10. It's disgraceful and killing sales. BBRY needed to fix this arrangement before launch. The US carriers always delay updates but Verizon and 10.1 is the worst example of how it hurts the bottom line. They need a work around for this.
    07-17-13 07:29 AM
    Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with how much they're marketing in Canada. It's working too. I see a ton of BB10 phones around. I just wish their tv commercials were a little more unique and memorable. The new Q10 one is pretty good though. I think they should really play on the nostalgia factor like this fan made commercial:

This was great. Thanks for sharing it.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-17-13 07:31 AM
    [QUOTE=Tinomane;8838957]Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with how much they're marketing in Canada. It's working too. I see a ton of BB10 phones around. I just wish their tv commercials were a little more unique and memorable. The new Q10 one is pretty good though. I think they should really play on the nostalgia factor like this fan made commercial:QUOTE]

I agree. They really got rebuild the brand and use a song like "Back in Black" by ACDC or something. People love a comeback story and they need to build it as such.
    07-17-13 07:32 AM
    Today I saw the stock will go up .20cents. It did that on Monday, M+8 came back and briefly showed a chart of the most recent share purchases. There was a big one at 75000 and a whole bunch at 15,000. If you look at the SP it went up to 9.8 from 9.5. 75,000x .30c = 22,500. Yesterday we closed back down to 9.49 if these large stock buyers start buying again, they can keep making 22k every 2 days by buying and selling.

I don't know, my average SP is 13.40 I'm long too. I just don't understand how this SP can be the same as it was 2 years ago when the company had no new products and was just living off the legacy 07's.
    07-17-13 07:33 AM
    At least someone is fighting in PM FWIW.
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-17-13 07:34 AM
    The annoying thing about all of this is that the products are actually good. Literally the only thing holding them back is the stupid app debate. If there was some way to create a website where users could simply download android apps directly to the phone without having to do the whole sideload thing then we'd be cooking. This doesn't need to have anything to do with BB world. Just a regular website you can access with the phone's browser. I have the latest 10.2 leak running on my z10 and the android apps run flawlessly. Shazam literally performs like a native app.

The only issue would be the security thing, but make a disclaimer that tells ppl they are dling at their own risk. Even crackberry could host a section on their site. People would be much more willing to dl from a trustworthy site like crackberry.
    07-17-13 07:34 AM
    Personally I really had been looking forward to buy the A10, I was expecting a luxury design with top specs and I was willing to pay for that. I don't think I'm the only one right now (looking at forums it seems a majority feels the same) feeling that the specs are outdated, even if BB10 does not need much more it still feels as if I'm supposed to buy 1 year old hardware for a top of the line pricetag. And the design looks anything but luxury if the leaks are correct.
    With the extremely unimpressive Z10 launch in the US to be followed up by an A10 that worst case could be pretty much doa I can't help but think they should not be in this hardware business at all, it simply isn't working, the is no more room or time for a mistake and the A10 sure looks like one right now.
    Same boat - I've been holding out for the A10. I really hope BB doesn't S*** the bed with this one. If indeed the OS is much more effective in utilizing less cores and being more power efficient giving same performance with less specs. Then for the love of all the tech - PLEASE MARKET THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

BBRY Marketing Campaign:
    "Who need's a quad-core when our Dual Core on BB10 can run laps around others utilizing a Quad."
    "Power efficient, Industry leading performance - built like an effective business for the people who mean business"

Or something to that effect.

But if they do (I hope they don't) load that thing with 'out-dated' hardware, at least market the device to showcase the reasoning is because the product can out perform industry leaders with lower specs......

Honestly, they should just join in with the 'you-know-what' measuring contest with Androids and deck the phones out with the specs. If its as power efficient as we believe and they believe it is, it'll only make the phones more future-proof and run circles around the competition.

I'm looking towards a note 3 now until A10 can prove me otherwise.

END RANT.
    lcjr likes this.
    07-17-13 07:49 AM
    Clarification if you don't mind, I can still close instead of exercising the option on those 2015 call or put out assuming SP is on the right side of the spectrum ?
    Yes,

On options you can close your option position at any time.

Options give you the right, but not the obligation to buy (call) or sell (put) the underlying stock. In this case it would be BBRY.

Unfortunately, your options are fairly limited at the moment in terms of managing the risk w/out spending more money.

You can continue to sit on the stock and hope for a bounce;
    You can sell and buy long term calls (expensive)
    You can hold the stock and buy puts (expensive)
    You can exit the name and realize the losses now and may re-enter at a more opportune time/price level.
    07-17-13 08:15 AM

Sorry
    Therefore the "I bought" V.S "I buy more".

I perfectly understand these point of views, whatever they rely on. I won't (and hopefully never did) advertise to buy BBRY shares.
    I'm sharing my thoughts and try to keep this thread in its original mood : a bunch of rookies that decided to be involved materially in the story.
    It's a chance we have wise investors around to give us their opinion or share their experience, we all learn from that .
    Then, when all these valuable contributions are understood (as much as a rookie can) it's on us to decide what fits our situation.

I invested far below my "danger zone" and I don't need this money right now. So I can think what I wrote.
    Others will have different profiles and will probably not agree with me and they are welcome to express it. I even encourage this, as I would be scared anyone invested in BBRY by empathy or sympathy.
    Compaqee, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-17-13 08:21 AM
    Is volume low or what? lol
    07-17-13 08:35 AM
113,256 ... 15481549155015511552 ...