View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And out goes the floor. Good grief. Half a million shares dumped in a minute. Nope... no manipulation here... carry on..
    Someone decided to get out on a low volume day. We lost 8 cents or so, but that's what will happen to any stock when you do 4-5% of the volume in a single dump. I am actually surprised the drop wasn't worse. Silver lining, right.
    07-16-13 02:32 PM
    This is 100% what the negative spin doctors of propaganda do everyday with BlackBerry. It's so easy to spin anything .

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, either version is equally believable at this point.
    07-16-13 02:33 PM
    I can't wait to see the short interest increase when the numbers come out again.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 02:41 PM
    I can't wait to see the short interest increase when the numbers come out again.

Posted via CB10
    No kidding, worse than when your parents or wife say "I told you so." I hate it.
    lcjr and rarsen like this.
    07-16-13 02:43 PM
    No kidding, worse than when your parents or wife say "I told you so." I hate it.
    Man, I really hate that too. lol
    07-16-13 02:58 PM
    Man, I really hate that too. lol
    I don't have a wife so I just have a well formed dent in the wall where I bang my head..... wait... that could be taken the wrong way
    07-16-13 03:05 PM
    These talks about a takeover and what not... If I recall, didn't TH state that they have no interest in selling the company at this time, not until they create value first?
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    07-16-13 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-13 03:12 PM
    LoL. My Dad used to tell us. "Now I am giving you some advice. You don't have to take it. . . . . . BUT . . . . ." ha ha ha
    lcjr likes this.
    07-16-13 03:15 PM
    Haha...had to throw that in, I'm in for the duration, hero or zero.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, cjcampbell, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    07-16-13 03:17 PM
    I’d be curious to see what the average cost basis is for those long Blackberry.

I know some folks are holding BBRY based on a longer term turnaround story but it might serve as something of a catharsis moment to get out what the p/l is one the name. Perhaps seeing losses people might get out of the name for the time being, and when that tunnel light is bright, jump back in, either at lower prices or higher but a much better spot.

We’re all relatively anonymous so I’ll go first:

I was long after the December 2012 earnings release but had a boat load of cheap put options as a hedge. I closed my calls for a decent profit but kept the puts that were well out of the money and didn’t make economical sense to close. They eventually came back and I sold on the earning miss since implied volatility went through the roof.

+$11,400 on calls
    +$63,000 on puts
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-16-13 03:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dandy Don. LoL

Not quite yet. This ain't over till Kate Smith sings!
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-16-13 03:20 PM
    Sad thing is that most of all the big things that were supposed to happen didn't and now our best hope is either a) a major security breach of Apple/Andriod that consumers actually care about or b) a take over. I must say my dreams of $100 are pretty much gone and I am just hoping to get back to even. I am just glad Prem is in at a few dollars higher than I am so hopefully he's got my back. I don't feel like TH does. I am sitting with a $3k loss, not the end of the world but it stings. I screwed up, I trusted them and violated some of my investing rules like moving stops and I got what I deserved.....
    I completely agree. I was all over this one, and sold half my holdings at around $10.50 during the falling axe. However, I've not lost my conviction for the stock in the long run - I must say though, it's a longer run than I had previously envisioned. I didn't dream of $100sp but I did expect it to get back to the $30s by this time.

Now, I'm just waiting the summer out, hoping (sorry folks) for a gut wrentching drop to the SP during the next ER, and buy back in lower.

Who knows...

And to think I didn't cash out when I was up over 50%!

Back to the bright side - in the long(er) run, this will make me rich
    07-16-13 03:21 PM
    I’d be curious to see what the average cost basis is for those long Blackberry.

I know some folks are holding BBRY based on a longer term turnaround story but it might serve as something of a catharsis moment to get out what the p/l is one the name. Perhaps seeing losses people might get out of the name for the time being, and when that tunnel light is bright, jump back in, either at lower prices or higher but a much better spot.

We’re all relatively anonymous so I’ll go first:

I was long after the December 2012 earnings release but had a boat load of cheap put options as a hedge. I closed my calls for a decent profit but kept the puts that were well out of the money and didn’t make economical sense to close. They eventually came back and I sold on the earning miss since implied volatility went through the roof.

+$11,400 on calls
    +$63,000 on puts
    Nice. I have an average of 14.73. I have a few thousand shares. Bought back in Feb.

Im sure most of the people I chat with are in the 8-18 dollar price range. Thats how I feel most of us regs are.
    lcjr and Compaqee like this.
    07-16-13 03:21 PM
    About $6.50 for me, I didn't quite time the bottom correctly.

Anyone got a link to upto date BBM traffic stats? I'm trying to work something out.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-16-13 03:25 PM
    The amount of negativity on every BlackBerry site is simply unbelievable. For a company they claim not to have any interest in they do spend a lot of time on fan/investment sites screaming over and over that BlackBerry is finished. Who are these people and why would they spend all that time spreading negativity? I can understand why so many boycott the US markets.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 03:28 PM
    Low eights for me...doubled, sold half, bought more in the 12's...still OK with this play...long and prepared to wait.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Acumenight like this.
    07-16-13 03:31 PM
    I think the guys who got in and made some money can afford the price erosion now since it’s just giving it back to the house so to speak.

I got lucky w/ my put options... I didn’t realize they were going to pay off like spades... better to be lucky than good I guess.

I’m in a bunch of different names but mainly cash so if/when the BBRY fundamentals shine bright at the end of the tunnel, I’ll have some powder to play.

This slow bleed lower is painful to watch. I’ve got a twitter feed (stocktwits) on my Bloomberg terminal where I watch a bunch of stocks including BBRY and the daily comments are ugly. I have to commend the longs..

Someone mentioned last week that it might be a good idea to sell out now if you’re expecting lower prices and maybe get back in later; it’s not a bad strategy.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-16-13 03:41 PM
    The amount of negativity on every BlackBerry site is simply unbelievable. For a company they claim not to have any interest in they do spend a lot of time on fan/investment sites screaming over and over that BlackBerry is finished. Who are these people and why would they spend all that time spreading negativity? I can understand why so many boycott the US markets.

Posted via CB10
    It is bizarre ...to much spare time for some me thinks.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-13 03:44 PM
    I'm at $15.63 right now for a $ basis/share. I may ignore that voice inside me and buy some more at this low price next week though.
    07-16-13 03:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I like our OP's opinion on changing the overall corporate picture of Blackberry. Maybe the icon, color, image, the works.... They are having a real hard time getting past what happened in the past.
    07-16-13 03:50 PM
    The truth is, there’s blood in the water and it’s easy to keep hammering the same points over and over again, especially to the diehards. I’m sure a bit of the “trolls” are here former blackberry users who feel justified for leaving for another platform and see the stock price as validation and now they are trying to get more people to switch.

Apple has its ditractors, it think there’s a site called ihateapple.com – I’m sure that site is frequented by trolls too. Every tech that people love, someone will hate...
    lcjr and OMGitworks like this.
    07-16-13 03:54 PM
    Yup...without news or positive consensus this is not going to do much. That said...we are only an announcement away (like a license deal) from the mid to high teens again.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe and rarsen like this.
    07-16-13 03:54 PM
    Stocktwits is just ugly, worse than here. Feels like children have created accounts on there just to troll and post.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-13 03:56 PM
    Yup...without news or positive consensus this is not going to do much. That said...we are only an announcement away (like a license deal) from the mid to high teens again.

Posted via CB10
    You think something like that would push this up that high? Man, you'e starting to make me feel better and it's not even beer-thirty yet.
    07-16-13 04:03 PM
113,256 ... 15451546154715481549 ...