View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sad thing is that most of all the big things that were supposed to happen didn't and now our best hope is either a) a major security breach of Apple/Andriod that consumers actually care about or b) a take over. I must say my dreams of $100 are pretty much gone and I am just hoping to get back to even. I am just glad Prem is in at a few dollars higher than I am so hopefully he's got my back. I don't feel like TH does. I am sitting with a $3k loss, not the end of the world but it stings. I screwed up, I trusted them and violated some of my investing rules like moving stops and I got what I deserved.....
    I hear ya man... I'm down with a paper loss of, well, too much. I know some have lost big time already, but I'm not giving up unless BBM, BES10, and A10 are all proven to be wack. So I'm in until December.
    07-16-13 01:40 PM
    I hear ya man... I'm down with a paper loss of, well, too much. I know some have lost big time already, but I'm not giving up unless BBM, BES10, and A10 are all proven to be wack. So I'm in until December.
    Same here. Nothing is really brewing other than BBM and hoping some good news would come along to put my portfolio back even.
    07-16-13 01:43 PM
    Yep, but if you're in until December like me, why not stick around for the next ER? lol. Might as well see what March ER has for us. I'm not cashing out until I see or hear that BB is going under completely, so might as well hang on unless some life event happens that makes me take out the money.
    07-16-13 01:45 PM
    Sad thing is that most of all the big things that were supposed to happen didn't and now our best hope is either a) a major security breach of Apple/Andriod that consumers actually care about or b) a take over. I must say my dreams of $100 are pretty much gone and I am just hoping to get back to even. I am just glad Prem is in at a few dollars higher than I am so hopefully he's got my back. I don't feel like TH does. I am sitting with a $3k loss, not the end of the world but it stings. I screwed up, I trusted them and violated some of my investing rules like moving stops and I got what I deserved.....
    Me too. About a $3k loss so far. I'm tempted to add while the price is so low, but something tells me not too.
    07-16-13 01:52 PM
    Yep, but if you're in until December like me, why not stick around for the next ER? lol. Might as well see what March ER has for us. I'm not cashing out until I see or hear that BB is going under completely, so might as well hang on unless some life event happens that makes me take out the money.
    Yea good point. I'm no veteran of investing, but wtf is Pre Market all about. How unfair is that ****. I mean, by the time the market opened I was down 25%. Is this something that has been around for a while? And why can't I trade during that time... :/
    07-16-13 01:52 PM
    Well the TSLA turnip has finally been squeezed. Maybe BBRY will be a reverse TSLA
    07-16-13 01:53 PM
    Yea good point. I'm no veteran of investing, but wtf is Pre Market all about. How unfair is that ****. I mean, by the time the market opened I was down 25%. Is this something that has been around for a while? And why can't I trade during that time... :/
    That's why retail investors have trouble beating Mr. Market. I mean think of it this way, BBRY misses a few million on their estimate but their market cap is punished for a few BILLION. I never understood the logic with that.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-16-13 01:57 PM
    07-16-13 01:57 PM
    I am afraid it is going to be like this for a long time.

I come here and the "landscape" has changed so much. It is sad.
    Yes, I get the sense it was a coordinated series of drive-bys. My ignore list is longer than the "regular" members on here.
    lcjr, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    07-16-13 01:59 PM
    Yeah, my lesson this time is to set aside dedicated time before a major event and set stops to protect against loss. I fully intended to set a stop before the ER but got caught up in other things and forgot to double check the night before. I woke up to a "surprise" and then a "*!@*. lol
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-13 02:08 PM
    Not saying you are wrong, but Heins also mentioned that BB10 would be coming to playbook, among other things. At this point I pay more attention to certain people on this website than I do to what Heins says.

The problem is that BBRY needs an affordable device for some markets. Maybe that is what the 7 device is about, appealing to less wealthy markets? Personally I just want them to find the magic combination that puts Blackberry, if not on top, a solid contender.
    Lefort did, there will be a 9320-like BB10 device. Yet, it's not the priority.

Ok, guys, sorry busy today ... but was for the "cause".
    Look who's new family member for the summer (test device) !
    Have a nice end of journey, Cya 2morrow !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000016_hdr.jpg  
    bungaboy and FastLane228 like this.
    Do you think? It basically ends with "no, no it cannot".
    Yes, I get the sense it was a coordinated series of drive-bys. My ignore list is longer than the "regular" members on here.
    I was thinking the same thing after the ER. I think that coordinated effort is what actually drove off some of the members here and not just the ER results. Just my opinion though.
    07-16-13 02:11 PM
    Yeah, my lesson this time is to set aside dedicated time before a major event and set stops to protect against loss. I fully intended to set a stop before the ER but got caught up in other things and forgot to double check the night before. I woke up to a "surprise" and then a "*!@*. lol
    Ha I hear ya, but I think if you set a stop... You would have been equally screwed. It would have triggered at opening when it was already down to 11ish... Well, thats what I read from someone. So stops are a bit tricky I think.

In all honesty though, if Q4 ER didn't do jack to the SP (it literally BLEW away expecations), I should have known Q1 was going to be a bit of trouble. It only missed expectations by a small percentage (if you exclude the Venezuala fiasco) and look what happened, destroyed. I wonder when the shorts, if they will ever cover?
    07-16-13 02:12 PM
    Ok, I take a few minutes more. I was at French BB PR/fans event. I heard good things (nothing raving new) and manipulated Q5 more.
    Had a long talk with a BB Enterprises pre-sales person. This was insightful. I'll be back about it. Keep the faith and stop watching the stock too much. We're looong, remember ?
    lcjr, sidhuk, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    07-16-13 02:14 PM
    I wonder when the shorts, if they will ever cover?
    I'd like to hear something on that as well. Can anybody out there give us an opinion on this?
    07-16-13 02:16 PM
    Ha I hear ya, but I think if you set a stop... You would have been equally screwed. It would have triggered at opening when it was already down to 11ish... Well, thats what I read from someone. So stops are a bit tricky I think.

In all honesty though, if Q4 ER didn't do jack to the SP (it literally BLEW away expecations), I should have known Q1 was going to be a bit of trouble. It only missed expectations by a small percentage (if you exclude the Venezuala fiasco) and look what happened, destroyed. I wonder when the shorts, if they will ever cover?
    It's true, even getting in at pre-market would not have helped as the swing was so violent. We believed because we wanted to believe. The only really protection would have been to hedge with puts, but they were costly protection as well and would have eaten into your profits if it had swung the other way. The real geniuses would have sold on the run up to the ER and been OK as they were the few previous ER's as well.... At this point I am in for the long haul. I will be out at $15 though and move on. Unfortunately, I think 5 is just as likely as 15 at this point. We shall see........
    m0de25, lcjr and take99 like this.
    07-16-13 02:19 PM
    I'd like to hear something on that as well. Can anybody out there give us an opinion on this?
    Not yet, momentum is on their side as is the TA and news. They won the battle and seem to be winning the war. It's not over yet, but I would think 7.50 and then 5 would be nice covering points for them but who knows.
    07-16-13 02:22 PM
    Do you think? It basically ends with "no, no it cannot".
    Depends if BBM is rolled out properly and people get on it.

On a side note, never see this stock with flat lines before. Does that just mean little action?
    07-16-13 02:23 PM
    And out goes the floor. Good grief. Half a million shares dumped in a minute. Nope... no manipulation here... carry on..
    lcjr, bungaboy, Korepab and 3 others like this.
    It feels like the shorts are waiting, whether the stock will drop more. Buyers are being cautious, and are waiting for good news. We have dropped so much with increased amount of shorts based on 6/28 stats. Weak longs are probably already sold out by a few days ago. At the very least of thought, who did buy the 138 million shares on the first massive drop? Whoever it is, they need to make money.
    sidhuk likes this.
    In a clash of my Internet worlds, the Playbook is for sale over on Woot. Sadly, the comments section is littered with slightly funny BBRY abuse...

BlackBerry PlayBook 7" 32GB or 64GB Tablet with Wi-Fi
    $139.99�$169.99

Woot
    07-16-13 02:24 PM
    I know the feeling. I will continue to "drive by" on occasion but find it all sad and that is just not needed here.

I do miss the good old days, I made some great friends here and I hope only a couple of enemies!

Wish you all well!
    07-16-13 02:27 PM
    Just want to share my version of the key indicator that whether an underline stock price is manipulated (either downward or upward), i.e.,

The stock SP was manipulated for downward if a good news was reported and spined in the negative and bad way and vise versa.
    For example, the same facts and news such as the Q10, Z10 and Q5 pricing, the price cut on Z10 (or late on other devices), the more layoff, the firing the executive who did not meet the company's performance expectation.

If the analyst wants the SP going up, then he or she will write as follows:

The pricing of Q10 (Z10 or Q5) from Blackberry gives the company huge margin which will definitely increases the company's bottom line.
    Before the next new device rolling out, it is a good strategy to cut the current Z10 price so that it can move the inventory and make room for the coming new device as well as penetrating the market.
    The company announces that more layoff will be carried out in current year as the way to make the company leaner and lower the cost structure so that the company can compete better.
    The firing of the head of US sales manage is a good start, which sets a standard for all the manager that unless you perform otherwise your job will be on the line. This measure will definitely enhance the accountability of its employees inside the company and make it easier to get rid of the "deadwood" while bring in the fresh talent to the company.

If the analyst wants the SP going down, then he or she will write as follows:

The pricing of Q10 (Z10 or Q5) from Blackberry is way to high which make it almost impossible to compete with other products in the market.
    The current price cut on Z10 (or other device) indicates the desperation of the company to clean up its built inventory, which in our view will result in very low or no profit marge. It also indicates that no one wants its product.

The company announces that more layoff will be carried out in current year. This is a clear indication that the company is in financial trouble.
    The leaving of the head of US sales manage is another indicator that people are jumping the sinking ship.

The current buyers are more or less taking the first version of the reasoning while the sellers are definitely the believers of the second version.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, use your own judgement that which version you will take.
    This is 100% what the negative spin doctors of propaganda do everyday with BlackBerry. It's so easy to spin anything .

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and leafs123 like this.
    07-16-13 02:30 PM
    Lefort did, there will be a 9320-like BB10 device. Yet, it's not the priority.

Ok, guys, sorry busy today ... but was for the "cause".
    Look who's new family member for the summer (test device) !
    Have a nice end of journey, Cya 2morrow !
    Slow day for me. A play on a very famous poem.

Half a Q, half a Q,
    Half a Q onward,
    All in the valley of Tech
    Rode the six new BB10s.
    "Forward, the BB10!
    "Charge for the market share!" he said:
    Into the valley of Tech
    Rode the six new BB10s.
    And they won!

07-16-13 02:31 PM
113,256 ... 15441545154615471548 ...