View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    We are inside the third wedge, and hit its bottom trend line (red line). Hold on tight.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-16-10.41.33-am.jpg
    07-16-13 09:43 AM
    Cowbell. More Cowbell.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-16-13 10:11 AM
    Takeover lesson: Shoppers is no BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail
    interesting perspective if anyone is interested.
    07-16-13 10:13 AM
    Just want to share my version of the key indicator that whether an underline stock price is manipulated (either downward or upward), i.e.,

The stock SP was manipulated for downward if a good news was reported and spined in the negative and bad way and vise versa.
    For example, the same facts and news such as the Q10, Z10 and Q5 pricing, the price cut on Z10 (or late on other devices), the more layoff, the firing the executive who did not meet the company's performance expectation.

If the analyst wants the SP going up, then he or she will write as follows:

The pricing of Q10 (Z10 or Q5) from Blackberry gives the company huge margin which will definitely increases the company's bottom line.
    Before the next new device rolling out, it is a good strategy to cut the current Z10 price so that it can move the inventory and make room for the coming new device as well as penetrating the market.
    The company announces that more layoff will be carried out in current year as the way to make the company leaner and lower the cost structure so that the company can compete better.
    The firing of the head of US sales manage is a good start, which sets a standard for all the manager that unless you perform otherwise your job will be on the line. This measure will definitely enhance the accountability of its employees inside the company and make it easier to get rid of the "deadwood" while bring in the fresh talent to the company.

If the analyst wants the SP going down, then he or she will write as follows:

The pricing of Q10 (Z10 or Q5) from Blackberry is way to high which make it almost impossible to compete with other products in the market.
    The current price cut on Z10 (or other device) indicates the desperation of the company to clean up its built inventory, which in our view will result in very low or no profit marge. It also indicates that no one wants its product.

The company announces that more layoff will be carried out in current year. This is a clear indication that the company is in financial trouble.
    The leaving of the head of US sales manage is another indicator that people are jumping the sinking ship.

The current buyers are more or less taking the first version of the reasoning while the sellers are definitely the believers of the second version.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, use your own judgement that which version you will take.
    georg22, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    07-16-13 10:38 AM
    Has anyone bothered to think that the a10 is a low cost device.?

Leaked images show side loading sd card and carrier card (forgetting the name of it) . Sounds like a design for a nonreplaceable battery found in lower priced devices. This would also be in line with the 720p and dual core rumors.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 10:50 AM
    Has anyone bothered to think that the a10 is a low cost device.?

Leaked images show side loading sd card and carrier card (forgetting the name of it) . Sounds like a design for a nonreplaceable battery found in lower priced devices. This would also be in line with the 720p and dual core rumors.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, the specs don't sound like a low end device. Of course, everything right now is speculation, but this link gives us something to look at. This shows quad core GPU....

BlackBerry A10 specs reportedly leak, hint at big battery and Verizon model
    07-16-13 10:56 AM
    What it looks like to me is that BlackBerry are not going head to head against S4 and the note.

The A10, based on leaked specs, looks like a way to experience BlackBerry 10 in a different form factor.

To be honest I think this is a wise move, why go head to head with the big established brands it is a waste of resources.

This way you offer the BlackBerry experience to those who wanted to upgrade from BlackBerry 7, but preferred the pallet form factor and also to those who want to come back but prefer the phablet size.

Anyone else seeing this logic?

Posted via CB10
    georg22 and CDM76 like this.
    07-16-13 10:57 AM
    A step closer.....

PlayOn brings Netflix, Hulu, HBO GO and 60 + channels to BlackBerry 10 users in the US and Canada

As well as the big name channels already listed, PlayOn subscribers also get access to another 60 or so streams such as ABC, NBC, CBS, Comedy Central and a bunch more.

Naturally, given that users will be watching via a BlackBerry 10 device, the app will happily stream content over 3G, 4G LTE and WiFi connections.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-playon_bb10-520x433.png

http://thenextweb.com/us/2013/07/16/...us-and-canada/
    lcjr, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-16-13 11:04 AM
    What it looks like to me is that BlackBerry are not going head to head against S4 and the note.

The A10, based on leaked specs, looks like a way to experience BlackBerry 10 in a different form factor.

To be honest I think this is a wise move, why go head to head with the big established brands it is a waste of resources.

This way you offer the BlackBerry experience to those who wanted to upgrade from BlackBerry 7, but preferred the pallet form factor and also to those who want to come back but prefer the phablet size.

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree and this is the Apple approach of user experience. You never see Apple touting the iPhone's specs as Android OEMs do.
    07-16-13 11:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I can certainly see that logic. There's no way Blackberry should attempt to go head-to-head against anyone right now. I think the leaks are great whether the specs are correct or not, as it shows Blackberry is still tracking and continuing business. I also think there will be plenty of the OS7 users like myself who will jump on this opportunity. I'm happy to see all the devices so far and can't wait to see what Blackberry has in store for next year. I mean, it looks like I'm in this for the long haul now. haha.
    BlackistheBerry and rarsen like this.
    07-16-13 11:20 AM
    Ha, that brings painful memories of Take-Two and Sirius XM from 2008. Took me 5 years to break even I take any rumours of BBRY takeover or "partnership" not only with a grain of salt but as a pump and dump.

Takeover lesson: Shoppers is no BlackBerry - The Globe and Mail
    interesting perspective if anyone is interested.
    07-16-13 11:22 AM
    Yeah, I can certainly see that logic. There's no way Blackberry should attempt to go head-to-head against anyone right now. I think the leaks are great whether the specs are correct or not, as it shows Blackberry is still tracking and continuing business. I also think there will be plenty of the OS7 users like myself who will jump on this opportunity. I'm happy to see all the devices so far and can't wait to see what Blackberry has in store for next year. I mean, it looks like I'm in this for the long haul now. haha.
    I can bet you virtual beers... am sure you will be here after December too.
    lcjr likes this.
    07-16-13 11:26 AM
    I can bet you virtual beers... am sure you will be here after December too.
    Yeah, why not. haha. Besides, I doubt Blackberry will go out of business anytime soon and I also get to hang out with you guys.
    07-16-13 11:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why? So you capture headlines with news of " Samsung killer "

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 11:39 AM
    This Stupid Stat counter is Back up again. LoL. What Can I Say? Had to post it. Plus they separated Samsung from Android. so Samsung is way way way down. LOL
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

and north america:
    http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_os...30201-20130716

and the most funny looking one. may be power cuts for different os on different day of the week? LoL
    http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_os...30201-20130716
    Last edited by sidhuk; 07-16-13 at 12:33 PM.
    07-16-13 11:41 AM
    This Stupid Stat counter is Back up again. LoL. What Can I Say? Had to post it. Plus they separated Samsung from Android. so Samsung is way way way down. LOL
    StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share

and north america:
    They are tracking Samsung Bada OS phones, not Samsung Android devices.
    Last edited by Section ThirtyOne; 07-16-13 at 12:39 PM.
    07-16-13 12:03 PM
    They are tracking Samsung Tizen OS phones, not Samsung Android devices.
    LoL, you mean this one? I think the news says that first one yet to be released. or this could be made up negative news? Blackberry also gets hammered by made up twisted negative news a lots.
    Samsung Delays First Tizen Phone
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-13 12:18 PM
    Brings up the question, when (not if) Samsung goes away from Android alltogether, where will BBRY lie?
    Will people flock from Samsung to keep their Android apps, or will they stick with Samsung?
    And if they flock, what portion can we keep away from Apple? Because obviously they're anti-Apple, and probably anti MSFT as well - just based on logical assumptions of the average psychy.
    They are tracking Samsung Tizen OS phones, not Samsung Android devices.
    07-16-13 12:23 PM
    LoL, you mean this one? I think the news says that first one yet to be released. or this could be made up negative news? Blackberry also gets hammered by made up twisted negative news a lots.
    Samsung Delays First Tizen Phone
    Apologies, I meant Samsung Bada not Tizen.
    07-16-13 12:39 PM
    Why do they need to go totally away? Isn't the option of forking in there?
    07-16-13 12:40 PM
    Why? So you capture headlines with news of " Samsung killer "

Posted via CB10
    Ok I see your point but the fact is that BlackBerry will not be able to pull it off. Headlines of Samsung killer, most people will ignore. The ones that are tempted will be burnt as app eco system nowhere close to android and OS not as feature rich.

So you will end up with a fail, and an expensive one at that.
    Use resources wisely by cheaply trying to convert your already 70 million BlackBerry OS users with a phablet option, sounds like a win.

Also I expect good margins from this. they haven't loaded it with hardware for no reason. It will do the job well and create the profit they need.

The more moves I see them make the more I am confident that Heins is sti king to a well thought out plan.

Btw before all of this I was of the opinion that they should try and bring out an S4 killer.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 12:43 PM
    Apologies, I meant Samsung Bada not Tizen.
    Either way, GSSTATCounter is a Joke.
    OMGitworks and bungaboy like this.
    07-16-13 12:59 PM
    It feels like we're in a pre-ER state, sideways movement, waiting for something to happen.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-16-13 01:07 PM
    It feels like we're in a pre-ER state, sideways movement, waiting for something to happen.
    I am afraid it is going to be like this for a long time.

I come here and the "landscape" has changed so much. It is sad.
    OMGitworks, lcjr, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-16-13 01:25 PM
    Sad thing is that most of all the big things that were supposed to happen didn't and now our best hope is either a) a major security breach of Apple/Andriod that consumers actually care about or b) a take over. I must say my dreams of $100 are pretty much gone and I am just hoping to get back to even. I am just glad Prem is in at a few dollars higher than I am so hopefully he's got my back. I don't feel like TH does. I am sitting with a $3k loss, not the end of the world but it stings. I screwed up, I trusted them and violated some of my investing rules like moving stops and I got what I deserved.....
    07-16-13 01:29 PM
113,256 ... 15431544154515461547 ...