View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    As for optics, a bit of a surpise out of Lenovo moving some manfufacturing into the US...

Lenovo manufacturing plant: United States launch | BGR
    07-15-13 10:59 PM
    With A10 having better specs than the Z10 and Q10, that makes the Q5 low end of Blackberry's lineup, at least for now. It also has the effect of making the Q10 and Z10 Blackberry's midrange products, again for now.
    Given that the A10 is basically still just a rumour, certainly not an imminent release, I don't think you can use it in the present tense to downplay the Q5 into the low end of the range just yet. Maybe it too will see some price drops near Christmas and then be seen as the low end. I guess until the next device is out it's all just speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-15-13 11:18 PM
    Given that the A10 is basically still just a rumour, certainly not an imminent release, I don't think you can use it in the present tense to downplay the Q5 into the low end of the range just yet. Maybe it too will see some price drops near Christmas and then be seen as the low end. I guess until the next device is out it's all just speculation.

Posted via CB10

On the part of the terminal market (Windows Phone 8, especially via the Nokia Lumia, catches or exceeds BlackBerry in the first quarter, Ed), we see that WP8 takes share in the entry level. But we do not have today, except for the Curve OS 7 (see below), the smartphone to face. However, in the premium segment (500 euros +), we take market share since the release of Z10 and it accelerates with Q10 in recent weeks. We even managed to attract mass of users outside the sphere BB since, 50% of buyers Z10 come from an OS other than BlackBerry (60% in Canada).
    [...]
    The Curve 9320 and will continue his life in 2013 and will likely be replaced by an equivalent terminal in BB10. However, the "low" market is complicated because we are on extremely low margin levels. Before that, the Q5 will make the transition, if an owner wants to spend Curve 9320 to BB10 on a cheaper product (about 300 euros and 4G) than Z10/Q10, but yes, we will not stop there.

[Another FR specific question, about the CORE program]
    "Premium" = Z10 / Q10
    "Cheaper - Transitional" = Q5
    "Curve-like" = to come by the end of the year.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-16-13 02:34 AM
    "Premium" = Z10 / Q10
    "Cheaper - Transitional" = Q5
    "Curve-like" = to come by the end of the year.
    Not disagreeing, but where do you place A10?

I hope the curve based device releases in time for the holidays.

On a different note, AT&T has a good Q10 commercial out in the USA. It plays to the communication and connectivity strengths of BB10. Hopefully this will help with brand awareness. So far I have not seen anyone other than myself with a BB10 device.
    07-16-13 05:43 AM
    Not disagreeing, but where do you place A10?

I hope the curve based device releases in time for the holidays.

On a different note, AT&T has a good Q10 commercial out in the USA. It plays to the communication and connectivity strengths of BB10. Hopefully this will help with brand awareness. So far I have not seen anyone other than myself with a BB10 device.
    A10 is "Premium" with a segment qualifier "Phablet"
    And ... cool for the ad. Expect them to flood your space pretty soon, IMHO.
    07-16-13 06:45 AM
    We got out of the second wedge (blue lines), and seem to be trending at the top line of the third wedge (black line). We are on the 11th day in this downtrend. We need to get out of the third wedge. Let's see, if history repeats itself within the next 3 days for a break out, as it did with a very similar drop in December 2012.

Attachment 182933

Attachment 182932

Was there an announcement that spurred the rebound in Dec/Jan or just anticipation of the release of the new OS?
    07-16-13 07:13 AM
    Green lol

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:17 AM
    I think we're making a mistake in comparing Z10 pricing to the iPhone and Nexus devices. The iPhone is in a different category at $179 for the 16GB iPhone 5 and the Nexus 4 pricing is a result of Google's power and nothing more. OEMs are willing to make Nexus devices at a low cost just for the fact that they can make the Nexus devices. As well, we can't compare the buying power and influence of Apple/Google to that of BBRY. This is a mistake that many people make on here.

It's more fair to compare it with the mid-tier Android devices such as the HTC One, Sony Xperia and even the GS3, and the few WP8 devices. The pricing is in line with those devices.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-16-13 07:24 AM
    Was there an announcement that spurred the rebound in Dec/Jan or just anticipation of the release of the new OS?
    I'm pretty sure it was all anticipation.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 07:25 AM
    not sure if you guys have seen this yet:
    Complete specs of the BlackBerry A10 shown off in leaked presentation | MobileSyrup.com

Over the past several days the A10 has appeared in both picture and video format and seems to be a larger 5-inch smartphone with design similarities to the Z10. A new image has found its way online, this time it’s apparently from a internal presentation and reveals all the important specs:

- Processor: Dual Core 1.7GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Pro, Quad Core GPU
    - Radio: LTE/CDMA/HSPA+, LTE/HSPA+
    - Display: 5″ OLED, HD/WXGA, 1280�720, 24-bit color, S-Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295ppi
    - Dimensions: 140.7 x 72 x 9.4mm
    - Camera: 8.0MP Rear Camera with flash, IS 5X / 2.0MP Front Camera IS 5X
    - Memory: 16GB + 2GB(RAM) + 64GB uSB (hot-swap)
    - Connectors: Micro USB, Micro HDMI out
    - Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Altimeter
    - WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n (4G Mobile Hotspot)
    - Battery: 2800 mAh Integrated
    - Other: NFC, DLNA, Micro SIM
    07-16-13 07:46 AM
    @jmehta22 it was posted yesterday on CB. Lots of reaction regarding the specs.
    jmehta22 likes this.
    07-16-13 07:52 AM
    ah ok i probably missed it as i didnt read through previous pages..thanks for letting me know, will read through the reactions now
    leafs123 likes this.
    07-16-13 07:56 AM
    It may well be. However, it is only midrange if they release something lower end. Currently it is one of the cheaper barriers to entry into the BB10 world. Sadly, with the price cuts to the Z10, it may well not be the cheapest soon.

Thoughts everyone?
    Heins has mentioned several times that BBRY would NOT be making a low end BB10 phone any time soon, if at all.
    07-16-13 07:57 AM
    Heins has mentioned several times that BBRY would NOT be making a low end BB10 phone any time soon, if at all.
    Not saying you are wrong, but Heins also mentioned that BB10 would be coming to playbook, among other things. At this point I pay more attention to certain people on this website than I do to what Heins says.

The problem is that BBRY needs an affordable device for some markets. Maybe that is what the 7 device is about, appealing to less wealthy markets? Personally I just want them to find the magic combination that puts Blackberry, if not on top, a solid contender.
    07-16-13 08:08 AM
    Not that my opinion means anything, but I see the A10, Z10, and Q10 as roughly on the same level , just addressing different consumer profiles. The Q5 is more of a value phone for those who can't / won't pay for premium devices. What you call them is irrelevant (hi end, mid range, etc.) because they will always be compared to other phones that have different specs/prices so it is a pointless discussion.

One thing I really don't like is people referring to a particular phone as a "flagship" device. It is about as useful of a description as a "make or break quarter ". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think BlackBerry actually calls any of their devices "flagship". I think analysts and fans stick that moniker on whatever they want.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    I have a MBWA and I agree with what you stated.
    07-16-13 08:08 AM
    Not saying you are wrong, but Heins also mentioned that BB10 would be coming to playbook, among other things. At this point I pay more attention to certain people on this website than I do to what Heins says.

The problem is that BBRY needs an affordable device for some markets. Maybe that is what the 7 device is about, appealing to less wealthy markets? Personally I just want them to find the magic combination that puts Blackberry, if not on top, a solid contender.
    Really?
    07-16-13 08:18 AM
    I have a MBWA and I agree with what you stated.
    I had a V8 this morning and I agree with your agree

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:19 AM
    I had a V8 this morning and I agree with your agree

Posted via CB10
    Haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn Express lately have you?

Oh, BTW, MBWA = Manage By Walking Around.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    07-16-13 08:22 AM
    What do you guys think?
    http://stks.co/hdGA

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    07-16-13 08:27 AM
    To me the specs are only part of the package. How the OS performs on the device is the main item to me.

In the old days we used to put 396 cu in engines in Chevy Vegas. The front ends couldn't hold them and the read ends got toasted in seconds. But, on paper it was a beast!
    rarsen, peter9477 and OMGitworks like this.
    07-16-13 08:37 AM
    Good morning everyone!! I'm back from vacation and haven't really looked at the stock or anything really for the last week. I'm playing catchup at work but will try to see what's going on in here as I get the chance.

Is there anything going on that can get the SP back up (even a bit)??
    07-16-13 08:41 AM
    To me the specs are only part of the package. How the OS performs on the device is the main item to me.

In the old days we used to put 396 cu in engines in Chevy Vegas. The front ends couldn't hold them and the read ends got toasted in seconds. But, on paper it was a beast!
    Yet you did modify your car because it was cool. You paid big bucks to make your car less useful for A-to-B transportation. BlackBerry needs these types of people to buy their phones. Phones with high end specs and premium pricing. Yes, apps will still be an issue but let's deal with one problem at a time.

The A10 needs to be to BlackBerry what the Acura NSX was to Honda.
    Nathan Bael likes this.
    07-16-13 08:45 AM
    Good morning everyone!! I'm back from vacation and haven't really looked at the stock or anything really for the last week. I'm playing catchup at work but will try to see what's going on in here as I get the chance.

Welcome back You were missed

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 08:53 AM
    A10 is "Premium" with a segment qualifier "Phablet"
    And ... cool for the ad. Expect them to flood your space pretty soon, IMHO.
    I keep hearing the A10 as being Phalet segment, do you really think so? That segment is defined by the Samsung Galaxy Note. The original G Note had a 5.3" screen, the Note 2 - 5.5" and the Note 3 rumored for Oct is supposed to be 5.8". The A10 will not compete in this market, it will be instead competing against the S4 which has a 5" screen, of course the A10 will be a much larger phone due to the bezel.
    07-16-13 09:29 AM

Cheers to you sir. Good to have you back =).
    07-16-13 09:40 AM
113,250 ... 15421543154415451546 ...