View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    (confused about the publishing date 2nd of July but it seems to be all over the boards today - sry if posted 2weeks ago ...)
    There’s little risk in BlackBerry at these prices, says Cormark

http://www.cantechletter.com/2013/07...s-cormark0702/
    Cormark analyst Richard Tse says BlackBerry’s (TSX:BB) disappointing Q1 results last Friday raises questions about the support level the company actually commands from its carrier network, but the subsequent reaction from investors means the stock is once again trading below its breakup value, and is therefore much less risky.
    07-15-13 10:05 AM
    Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Cuts BB10 Builds 50 Percent: Jefferies

From our boy Misek. Not sure if someone posted already but here you go.

Thoughts?
    07-15-13 10:07 AM
    M8 - The stock is going up because the word is out that M8 is back! Listen to the superfly and do what the doc says. We want you back in full force.
    07-15-13 10:10 AM
    Thoughts?
    1/ Expected after the Q1 figures ?
    2/ Rational.
    Compaqee likes this.
    07-15-13 10:10 AM
    Good to hear from your Mr.Morgan. God speed on a quick recovery!

All the best.

STAY AWAY FROM THE DAMN SCREEN MAN!
    07-15-13 10:11 AM
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...trong-buy.aspx

I think articles like this illustrate bbry is good value at current prices.
    07-15-13 10:11 AM

Thoughts?
    Yea, I read that. I think his bullish report has helped bump the SP a tad too. Price cuts have been introduced probably to attract customers and rid of large inventories. I don't think its necessarily a big fail, I'm sure if TH were here he would explain why the company chose this route.
    Superfly_FR and Compaqee like this.
    07-15-13 10:12 AM
    Can BlackBerry Become the Next Twitter? (BBRY)

I think articles like this illustrate bbry is good value at current prices.
    Chris did too some days ago: Analyst bullish on BlackBerry because of cross platform BBM | CrackBerry.com
    m0de25 likes this.
    07-15-13 10:15 AM
    M+8;

Great to hear from you.

Hope your medical issues get resolved ASAP.

Listen to the Medical people. They are the Pros.

Listen to your wife. She has the means to make things unpleasant. :-)

Come back when you are able.

We are long and have lots of time.

All the best.

Stand sure.
    07-15-13 10:26 AM
    This isn't going to help. Ugh....

In a new sign of bad news for the beleaguered smartphone maker, the WSJ reported that the BlackBerry Z10 is now selling for $99 at AT&T and Verizon, with Amazon selling it at $49 — a deep cut from the phone's original price of $199.

New BlackBerry phone prices already slashed: WSJ
    First, as I said, this was very old news. The promotion was started in Costco six (6) week's ago.
    Second, it is nothing usual or wrong comparing current pricing of Galaxy SIII and Lumia 928.
    Here, I am using the data in Amazon.com also.
    Z10 vs Lumia 928
    Lumia 928 was launched later than Z10 in USA.
    The current pricing of Lumia 928 are $29.99 with contract and $549.99 without contract.
    Z10: $49.99 with contract and $599.99 without contract.

Galaxy SIII: $400 without contract (note, when Z10 was released, SIII was sold at @199.99 with two year contract in ATT and Verison).

So, among the three phones, Z10 is still carrying the highest price with and without contract.
    According to your logic, then Nokia and all WP makers as well as Sumsuang are in trouble?
    bungaboy and peter9477 like this.
    07-15-13 10:27 AM
    Did Thorsten Find His Balls? in [Market-Ticker]

someone wrote "positive spin" ?
    07-15-13 10:27 AM

An excellent article that makes a lot of sense.

Thanks for sharing it.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-15-13 10:49 AM
    Looks like there is some solid buying volume in the US today even though there is not much but rumour going on. We should keep an eye on the short stats. If the shorts are feeling we have hit bottom they may be moving to cover. If anyone is seeing a change to the short trend please share.
    07-15-13 11:03 AM
    Sometimes, even your worst enemies can serve your dearest goals ... here you go.
    Pinch your nose but finally ... smile !

5 Stocks Under $10 Worth Buying (AMD, BBRY, NTE, ODP)

BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY ) -- $9.24
    I hate BlackBerry in the double digits. It's a different story in the single digits.
    Yes, this is a mess right now. BlackBerry is coming off a dreadful quarter where it sold just 2.7 million smartphones fueled by the BB10 mobile operating system that was supposed to make the wireless pioneer relevant again. Carriers slashing BlackBerry Z10 prices over the weekend will put even more margin pressure on the struggling company.
    I saw the horrible quarter coming, and you probably did too.
    Now it's time to assess the situation. As bad as things may be for BlackBerry's relevance, this is still a company with a healthy balance sheet flush with $3.1 billion in cash and equivalents. If things continue to head south, it can always improve its standing by spinning off either its hardware or software and services businesses.
    bungaboy, Korepab and Compaqee like this.
    07-15-13 11:07 AM
    Anyone here lucky enough to have been holding any Shoppers Drug Mart shares?
    07-15-13 11:40 AM
    I actually bought a bunch of Shoppers shares on May 24.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 11:48 AM
    I actually bought a bunch of Shoppers shares on May 24.

Posted via CB10
    ha.. well done.
    07-15-13 11:51 AM

"BES10 -- the only available mobile device management answer to Android, IOS and BB10 devices, will have revenues coming online over the next two quarters. At $100/device/year it's IMHO expensive if you don't need it, but if you do need it in a corporate environment it's the only real game in town."

Is this in any way true? I'm no expert so I ask the question honestly. I thought there were plenty of other MDM players that could handle BB, iOS and Android.
    07-15-13 11:53 AM
    People seem to forget that things are hyper competitive between the carriers as we'll, they all trying to bring customers over from each other.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 12:02 PM
    Is this in any way true? I'm no expert so I ask the question honestly. I thought there were plenty of other MDM players that could handle BB, iOS and Android.
    Zero MDM for BB10 devices. BB just didn't released the API ... and - after have been bashed for that too - we now know why !
    07-15-13 12:08 PM
    welcome back m8, good luck on a speedy recovery.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-13 12:09 PM
    SNIP
    So, among the three phones, Z10 is still carrying the highest price with and without contract.
    According to your logic, then Nokia and all WP makers as well as Sumsuang are in trouble?
    First, I was saying it was bad news, not the end of the world. Secondly, I don't know the Samsung line, but I do know they have pretty much taken over my local Best Buy with phone/tablet/laptop stores within a store. I also know they do a lot more than just smartphones. Looked at a NOK v BBRY/MS 1 year chart. NOK UP about 130 %, MS up 80%, BBRY UP about 30%. WP phones, still haven't seen one in the wild, the fact that MS can't make them sell with all of their resources is scary.

I am not looking for a battle here. I posted how the story "isn't going to help." Can you honestly argue with what I actually wrote and not with what you inferred from it? I don't see a single positive from such drastic price cutting. The fact that others are doing it doesn't make me or my $2,500 "paper" loss feel any better right now. My 'logic" is that drastic price cutting isn't going to help, I'll stick by that under these circumstances. Sorry, but I just can't see anything good abotu it.
    07-15-13 12:14 PM
    Sorry, but I just can't see anything good abotu it.
    They will sell more devices (then more services) and this has been budgeted, maybe ?
    OMGitworks, g120, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-15-13 12:20 PM
    First, to Morgan, best wishes for a smooth recovery. As others have said, please listen to your doctors and take it easy for a while.

For little my opinion is worth, I'm pleased by some of the BlackBerry news and opinion lately:

• I'm an American who owns a Z10, and while the optics of firing your VP of U.S. Sales might be bad, it signals that the company is taking the issues in the U.S. market seriously. BlackBerry has a uphill battle in the U.S., but the first step is acknowledging that changes must be made. Good. Same with Heins being more aggressive with overall sales numbers.

• The price cuts at some retailers have a positive side: they might move more units, which should help word of mouth adoption. There are good reasons to be bearish about BlackBerry, and yes, BB10 might never sell enough units. However, the operating system quality is NOT one of them. BB10 (and 10.1 and 10.2) is not mediocre as many say - the iPhone and Droid owners I have shown my Z10 might not switch, but they are no longer skeptical of the phone. Subsequent releases with more polish and better specs might win them over.

• I'm getting more excited by cross-platform BBM. I strongly advocate that they need a desktop client or browser access, but if done well BBM will be a GREAT way to spread awareness of BlackBerry quality. Google Talk and Hangouts is notoriously unreliable on phones. For example, on my old Bold and my new BB10, the app SAYS you are connected and online, but you actually are not. Even though you've checked the box to automatically sign in when disconnected, it doesn't always work. The message failure rate is like 10 percent. Does that sound like much? Imagine 10% of your emails failed to go through. A solution with good features that actually WORKS would be great. And, I don't think it would be a hard sell to non-BB phone users. They may never THINK of owning a BlackBerry, but a solid app that delivers is something people will use.

BlackBerry should approve approach trade shows and conventions and give tutorials on how to set up temporary BBM channels, so that all attendees can be reached with information.

The bearish case is compelling in some ways, and I wish BlackBerry was in a different position. That said, I like these steps.
    07-15-13 12:25 PM
    losing steam! slowly falling
    07-15-13 12:30 PM
113,256 ... 15391540154115421543 ...