View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Isn't that largely based on salvage value?
    07-15-13 07:08 AM
    I'll add this "is what computer-driven trades are looking to".
    BTW: anyone having some news of M+8 ? Not sure when he should have been back.
    Yeah, getting a bit worried because we have not heard anything.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-15-13 07:20 AM
    Isn't that largely based on salvage value?
    He is still maintaining the same price target as previous, including talking about MDM, enterprise...stuff he's talked about in the past. Now, he's added his analysis on the SP if that doesn't work out, which is the salvage value you're talking about.

This is the first time Misek has talked about the salvage value.
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    07-15-13 07:21 AM
    BlackBerry Q5 to launch in India tomorrow...

http://m.ibnlive.com/news/blackberry...406735-11.html
    07-15-13 08:14 AM
    This isn't going to help. Ugh....

In a new sign of bad news for the beleaguered smartphone maker, the WSJ reported that the BlackBerry Z10 is now selling for $99 at AT&T and Verizon, with Amazon selling it at $49 — a deep cut from the phone's original price of $199.

New BlackBerry phone prices already slashed: WSJ
    07-15-13 08:22 AM

In a new sign of bad news for the beleaguered smartphone maker, the WSJ reported that the BlackBerry Z10 is now selling for $99 at AT&T and Verizon, with Amazon selling it at $49 — a deep cut from the phone's original price of $199.

Ya, that happened a few days ago. Same story being recycled.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-15-13 08:27 AM
    Ya, that happened a few days ago. Same story being recycled.
    Yup,.... the joys of no news. They'll just start to rehash old bad news for something to write about.
    bungaboy, leafs123 and rarsen like this.
    07-15-13 08:29 AM
    Interesting start. It's awfully steep so here's to hoping it can hold as opposed to drop just as drastically.
    07-15-13 08:49 AM

I don't get why this is supposed to hurt. These are attached to 2yrs+ contracts. Usual "special offer".
    07-15-13 09:02 AM
    Interesting start. It's awfully steep so here's to hoping it can hold as opposed to drop just as drastically.
    hum ... in 300K mark ... some are jumping in ? Or is that "one" ? Anyone with tools to have a look at 9:30-9:45 trades ?

Edited: was 9:48 AM and no big block. A bunch of 10K, 20K blocks and small ones.
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png   The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-15-13 at 09:19 AM.
    Robert Halloran likes this.
    07-15-13 09:05 AM
    Lots of rumours abound this morning. Is there anyone else enjoying seeing green for a change? The new priceing in the US doesn't scare me. When they lower the price you are usually losing out on whats included in the contract before additional fees are charged (data,text ect). The more phones the get out on the market the better. Seems like Thor is kick'in some **** at the HO. Love it.
    Three scenarios: 1/ Microsoft buys the whole company. 2/ Hardware division is sold to an Asian company and BB continues as a software company. 3/ Thor keeps kick'in exec **** and the company turns the corner as corporates and governments jump on board the most secure platform in the world. I think those of us who have endured the turmoil will be rewarded in time but we are not out of the woods yet.
    Let's hope we hear from M8 soon. He said he would be out of commission for a couple of days so we should hear from him any day now. Someone get the nurse to stop spongeing him down and bring him his Z10.
    07-15-13 09:26 AM
    Well we seem to have crossed the 5-dma (9.38) as it was acting as resistance there for a bit. I wonder if we have finally finished the downward slide and started our reversal.
    07-15-13 09:26 AM
    Well we seem to have crossed the 5-dma (9.38) as it was acting as resistance there for a bit. I wonder if we have finally finished the downward slide and started our reversal.
    broke the $9.5 too ... let's see. No rush, no pain.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-13 09:35 AM
    hum ... in 300K mark ... some are jumping in ? Or is that "one" ? Anyone with tools to have a look at 9:30-9:45 trades ?

Edited: was 9:48 AM and no big block. A bunch of 10K, 20K blocks and small ones.
    It was just me, getting back in.
    07-15-13 09:35 AM

This is the first time Misek has talked about the salvage value.
    And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Could see him trying to convince people how ridiculous they are being by saying " hey look even the salvage value demands a better price than you are giving it now ". And hence trying to boost the price that way.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 09:37 AM
    I don't get why this is supposed to hurt. These are attached to 2yrs+ contracts. Usual "special offer".
    I think it hurts for a few reasons. First it reinforces a perception that BBRY is a dying brand. A new BBRY phone for $49 on Amazon is shocking. You can't get an iphone that was released a few months ago for anywhere near those prices. iphone 5 on Verizon is still holding at $199. I know there are all sorts of deals and catches, but I will tell you that when many (not all) people see the price drop they assume (maybe wrongly) that they are not selling well and are a dying product.

Secondly, it is going to hurt margins when BBRY tries to deal with large corporate orders that are hopefully in the works and coming. Are corporations going to pay 2 or 3x what a consumer can get a phone for? It helps to shift the balance of power on negotiating a corporate deal in a market where BBRY is already playing catch-up.

Like all things BBRY these days, I am REALLY trying to look for a positive spin, but when I take off my Crackberry glasses, I don't see anything good. I am still trying to see it, but no luck yet.
    07-15-13 09:40 AM
    Shares up 3+ percent (TSX). Interesting. Wonder if this has to do with Misek?
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-15-13 09:48 AM
    I thought I would announce my return, if only occasionally! Thanks for all of the support from this site, so many of you have said nice things so I'm going to break from my Doctor's orders and publish something!

Here is the latest chart, note that we broke out of the falling wedge formation today and we are rallying nicely:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-july-14a-2013-chart.jpg

This is a clean break this time and all we need is to close near the high of the day. Note the gap all the way back to $ 13.00/shr..

Here is the last trades in terms of blocks for Superfly, these are from the open until about 10:45 AM:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-july-14b-2013-chart.jpg

That's all of them that I can find. We have all kinds of 10,000 to 15,000 blocks go through so this is buying spree of sorts.

Finally, I made up the chart that Abigail came up with showing the 14 year price movement for BBRY and why she thinks it is going to $ 30.00 plus in the months ahead:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-july-14-2013-chart.jpg

As you can see, we are at support down here and looking to rally in the months ahead. Here is her link from back on the June 28th report:

Can BlackBerry Make A Rebound? | Talking Numbers - Yahoo! Finance

She is still very bullish on the stock here.

Now, back to my surgery, my surgeon got pretty excited as he discovered what it was that was causing the problem in my head, he felt he needed to repair it immediately while I was under and did so. I would have wanted that, but things didn't go quite so well. The next day I have sudden swelling and plenty of bleeding, the two things you don't want to see when you are sown up! So now we are trying to save the operation while keeping me going here. I'm at home and have to be very careful moving around and NO computers!

Talk to you soon, let's get to $ 10.00/shr really quickly here before we hear about a huge contract! LOL Take care and thanks again for the kind words. I'll show up when my wife is washing the cars etc. Ha!
    07-15-13 09:49 AM
    I think it hurts for a few reasons. First it reinforces a perception that BBRY is a dying brand. A new BBRY phone for $49 on Amazon is shocking. You can't get an iphone that was released a few months ago for anywhere near those prices. iphone 5 on Verizon is still holding at $199. I know there are all sorts of deals and catches, but I will tell you that when many (not all) people see the price drop they assume (maybe wrongly) that they are not selling well and are a dying product.

Secondly, it is going to hurt margins when BBRY tries to deal with large corporate orders that are hopefully in the works and coming. Are corporations going to pay 2 or 3x what a consumer can get a phone for? It helps to shift the balance of power on negotiating a corporate deal in a market where BBRY is already playing catch-up.

Like all things BBRY these days, I am REALLY trying to look for a positive spin, but when I take off my Crackberry glasses, I don't see anything good. I am still trying to see it, but no luck yet.
    These are part of the "massive investment support" Thor announced. Wrote about it lastly ...
    Here they come. And we are going to check back the penetration figures next E.C ...
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-15-13 09:50 AM
    MR. MORGAN SPEAKS! Hope all is well man!
    07-15-13 09:51 AM
    Talk to you soon, let's get to $ 10.00/shr really quickly here before we hear about a huge contract! LOL Take care and thanks again for the kind words. I'll show up when my wife is washing the cars etc. Ha!
    Listen to the doc : stay away from computers & Get back soon full force !
    07-15-13 09:56 AM
    Thanks for popping by and for your input. Glad to hear from you and hoping for the best. Now go take care of yourself... although you may not read this as you're not supposed to be at your computer
    07-15-13 09:56 AM
    M+8,

If you can read this you are too close to a computer!!
    07-15-13 10:00 AM

Best Buy has started advertising the HTC ONE for $99 now on a two year contract. It's newer than the Z10 and it's price has been dropped too.

Of course the difference is they are doing it along with a national marketing campaign to draw consumers into their stores or their website. The Z10 price drop really seem to be more of a "let move some inventory off the shelves", which turns into not buying anymore of that same inventory.
    07-15-13 10:00 AM
    Could this includes part be due to short covering vs a fundamental change in the outlook of the company? I guess we will have to see if there was any leaked info.
    07-15-13 10:02 AM
113,256 ... 15381539154015411542 ...