View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Maybe when posting stats we should add a rider 'For entertainment purposes only'. Every data point prior to June 28 had BBRY supporters and critics alike being dragged and pushed all over the statistical landscape. I don't see that confusion being resolved any time soon.
    The stats I would like to read are those from CrackBerry. Not all of them. Just the mobile device/OS ones.
    May be a really sharp indicator about current BB users migration to BB10.
    But you know ...

Nite guys, have a nice Sunday. Mine will be on the fairways under the sun.
    One of the most beautiful fairways of France. I'm so lucky: two days in a row (almost) far from my computers ... refreshing !
    Bugmapper, CDM76, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-13-13 07:33 PM
    What if BlackBerry make BB10 open source to improve its adoption?. If BB10 becomes popular it would be easier for BES10 to emerge as a winner in the MDM market. BlackBerry could still make money from services: BES10, BlackBerry World, BBM and selling premium hardware. Other OEMs could help with the cost of development of BB10 and the native apps.

One year more could be too late for this, Tizen, Ubuntu and Sailfish are being developed and adopted by OEMs and carriers.
    There is much better option for BlackBerry. For example, if I were the CEO, I would launch two different brands, One called BB10-E(nterprise) and another called BB10-C(onsumer). The BB10-E will be built with high quality material, specifications and Security and sold to the current business oriented users with high price and margin while the BB10_C will be built with less expensive materials, low specifications but it can run all the android based apps (which will be less secure than the BB10-E) andl mainly targeted to the general non-business oriented consumers with very appealing price and much lower margin.

BB10-E will be the main bread-and-butter of the company while the BB10-C will help the company to penetrate market. Eventually, some of the BB10-C users will start to upgrade to the BB10-E when they have more purchasing power.

As I mentioned before, I still believe that BlackBerry shall start to launch BB10 media player (with cost less than $1 50) to the kids worldwide. It may not make any extra $ but it will provide a free advertisement for the company.

I do agree with you that BES10 is the key for the company to turn around in the next one or two years.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 07-14-13 at 12:10 AM.
    07-13-13 07:39 PM
    Same source but different metric: Top mobile OS's in the US. BBRY registers 4.32 and windows 1.42.

Attachment 182256

StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    That's a two day spread. Hardly able to assume that is indicative of the entire market.

Posted via CB10
    barnfoot likes this.
    07-13-13 07:45 PM
    Uh... for those of you who don't read the home page and just check this thread, you really want to see the video of the A10 on the crackberry home page ! it looks like a beast!

It is a lot easier to let go of the PlayBook with that coming on the market soon.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    07-13-13 07:48 PM
    JLagoon: the amount of time you spend oh your charts w/ BBRY you may want to look at a healthy name to understand tech analysis a bit more.

BBRY is trading on who the f knows what but its not rationale & trying to make sense of it has become an exercise in futility.

Run comparable charts on Nortel & you'll have a different perspective on this name.
    I knew Nortel very well. There is no similarity between Nortel and BlackBerry.
    1. Nortel was in the business that was sinking quickly. All the major players in that business such as Luocen were not able to survive at all. On the other hand, BlackBerry is on the smartphone business and its market is expanding.
    2. Nortel had lot debt. If I remember correctly, its debt/asset ratio is more than 2.5 while BlackBerry has zero debt.
    3. Nortel's service revenue never exceed more than 5% of its total revenue while BlackBerry has close to 30%.

Do you need me to list more?
    07-13-13 07:52 PM
    The more open and simple a security schema is, the more secure it is. Open source software that is broadly used in security contexts is more secure than equivalent closed source software.

Why? Because open and simple source code can be examined by millions of people in the world to find vulnerabilities. Closed source code is just studied for a couple of guys.

Security by obscurity (closed source) is not security. System can be reverse engineered or the source code can be filtered by employees from the company. Do you think the govberment will base its security in the hope that BlackBerry employees don't filter the code to third parties? That is naive.

The encryption algorithms and the software that runs most of the security communication in the world are open source.
    What do you do for a living?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:17 PM
    Any OS can meet security standards if is hardened, or do you think BB10 developers are some kind of magicians of security that use their own secret technology to secure the OS? Of course not, security is based in open standards that anyone can implement. A MDM company hooks into the OS and certify the container is isolating the information, the OS can't be updated before the MDM vendor certifies the new version.

Third party apps can be executed in the encrypted container, not only the mail-calendar-documents that are provided by default by MDM companies. So you can do all your work in the encrypted container and your personal stuff outside the container.

Yes, BlackBerry is using that technology for Workspace and Balance. Vritualization is even more secure but can't be used offline.

The security advantage of BB10 is pretty much done with those technologies.
    Why has no blackberry ever been rooted?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    07-13-13 08:20 PM
    Uh... for those of you who don't read the home page and just check this thread, you really want to see the video of the A10 on the crackberry home page ! it looks like a beast!

It is a lot easier to let go of the PlayBook with that coming on the market soon.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    +1
    I will buy it. I do have large hands. this way i dont have to carry an ipad and a smartphone. and it looks great. I am fine with the specks. as long as screen is good and battery life is better than average. it certainly adds another dimension to blackberry value.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 07-13-13 at 08:37 PM.
    07-13-13 08:21 PM
    I thought that we came to the conclusion that statcounter's figures were all over the place?
    Statcounter is garbage. Can everyone stop posting links to it.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks and aniym like this.
    07-13-13 08:30 PM
    Anyway to ignore users from the CB10 app?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:34 PM
    Anyway to ignore users from the CB10 app?

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately...... NO.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    07-13-13 09:32 PM
    Unfortunately...... NO.

Posted via CB10
    Oh nos!

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-13-13 09:39 PM
    Nice try Kid! I got a laugh out of that thread.
    bungaboy and Kid Vibe like this.
    07-13-13 10:22 PM
    Oh nos!

Posted via CB10
    And even worse. If you Block them using PC you can still see them when using then CB10 app.

Unless I'm mistaken and somebody else has found a way to make it work.....

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-14-13 12:52 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000788.jpg
    Have a nice Sunday folks !

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:28 AM
    it seems that most people have lost focus of this thread... "I support bbry and I buy shares"

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    bungaboy, CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    07-14-13 02:39 PM
    Man who leap off cliff jump to conclusion.
    07-14-13 03:36 PM
    it seems that most people have lost focus of this thread... "I support bbry and I buy shares"

Only on Sundays

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-14-13 04:06 PM
    Only on Sundays

Posted via CB10
    lol... that explains it...ok, that's cool with me *

Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-14-13 06:15 PM
    1. Nortel was in the business that was sinking quickly. All the major players in that business such as Luocen were not able to survive at all. On the other hand, BlackBerry is on the smartphone business and its market is expanding.
    2. Nortel had lot debt. If I remember correctly, its debt/asset ratio is more than 2.5 while BlackBerry has zero debt.
    3. Nortel's service revenue never exceed more than 5% of its total revenue while BlackBerry has close to 30%.

My reference was specifically from a tech analysis standpoint... Price action is similar, not business.
    07-14-13 09:09 PM

for starters Nortel drowned in debt and BB has NO DEBT at all, so No comparison, No doubt you can add more differences but NO DEBT vs DROWNING in DEBT is a biggie....
    abouthsu, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    07-14-13 10:45 PM
    But that isn't his point is it? I will throw my hand in and say everything I have read about TA indicates it is pseudo science and it's use here doesn't change my mind regardless of how many charts people put up.
    07-15-13 03:02 AM
    Morgan did s good explanation of his take on TA.

It is how the stock reacts in periods between news events.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, jxnb, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    07-15-13 04:53 AM
    Morgan did s good explanation of his take on TA.
    It is how the stock reacts in periods between news events.
    Posted via CB10
    I'll add this "is what computer-driven trades are looking to".
    BTW: anyone having some news of M+8 ? Not sure when he should have been back.
    Bugmapper and bungaboy like this.
    07-15-13 06:04 AM
    Peter Misek maintaining his Buy rating and price target of $18.00.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analyst...s/8498644.html
    07-15-13 06:47 AM
113,256 ... 15371538153915401541 ...