View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'm very comfortable with my investment in BlackBerry and I will definitely increase my position in this company.
    07-12-13 08:38 PM
    If bbry is ever bought out, there will be a significant jump in price and with the short interest so high .... short squeeze of some level will occur. Current share price pegs the value of bbry at 4.5 billion ... that's well below what its actually worth.

We have actually gone neutral today, opening outside the falling wedge:

Attachment 180245

Not much to report on here, we are suppose to have a bounce but there is nothing happening on light volume. Until the AGM is over, I guess we will bump along at the bottom or support here. Very light volume currently so no one is really looking at the trade. Our news comes tomorrow.
    All depends on your average price, however there is no guarantee it won't drop further. Personally I am hoping support level is near lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:38 PM
    What if BlackBerry make BB10 open source to improve its adoption?. If BB10 becomes popular it would be easier for BES10 to emerge as a winner in the MDM market. BlackBerry could still make money from services: BES10, BlackBerry World, BBM and selling premium hardware. Other OEMs could help with the cost of development of BB10 and the native apps.

One year more could be too late for this, Tizen, Ubuntu and Sailfish are being developed and adopted by OEMs and carriers.
    07-12-13 08:57 PM
    Um, if you are waiting for $8, why don't you sell, put the money in a cash account and buy back in? Very few (even in this echo chamber) expect much positive movement this summer. It's all about "wait till next quarter (or 2, or 3 quarters)". Wait for the A10. Wait for BES 10 to take off. Wait for M2M. Wait.
    I suppose the answer is because I am a value investor. The stock is worth X and I am paying less. I don't time the markets. If anyone could do that, The Forbes 400 would have billionaires that are day traders. the count of day traders on that list is zero. People shouldn't pretend that they'll be the first. Stocks go up or down for a reason or for no reason at all.

I've been doing value investing for many years now. I can't even begin to explain everything about it. Suffice it to say that if you know how to do a DCF that's not even 1% of what value investing is.

What you advocate below is poor judgement. If you see $1 on sale for 50 cents, you buy it. You don't wait for $1 to be for sale for 40 cents. You buy it at 50 cents and if it drops to 40 cents who cares? You still paid 50 cents for a dollar and it's not a bad thing just because that 50 cents is currently "trading" at 40 cents. You pay 50 cents now and if you have to you leave room to buy 40 cents later. Thing is, you better plan for paying 10 cents. I've seen it happen. Just go look at USG. Painfully cheap several years ago. Anyone that waited for $10/share is a fool.
    eg 10000 shares bought at $9.9. In for $99000)
    sell at 9.24 (get out $92400)
    In August when it hits your $8, buy back in (92400 / 8 = 11500 shares). Assume the broker gets a couple percent either way. call it 5% total. you end up with 10925 shares.

It also gives you a month or so to stare at that 90K (or whatever) cash and decide whether BBRY is the best place for it.

This is a corporation, not your brother-in-law with a sure fire scheme that your wife will "reward" you for supporting.
    07-12-13 09:17 PM
    What if BlackBerry make BB10 open source to improve its adoption?. If BB10 becomes popular it would be easier for BES10 to emerge as a winner in the MDM market. BlackBerry could still make money from services: BES10, BlackBerry World, BBM and selling premium hardware. Other OEMs could help with the cost of development of BB10 and the native apps.

One year more could be too late for this, Tizen, Ubuntu and Sailfish are being developed and adopted by OEMs and carriers.
    That would essentially eliminate any and all security advantage BlackBerry has in the enterprise / government markets.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227, take99, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-12-13 09:17 PM
    That would essentially eliminate any and all security advantage BlackBerry has in the enterprise / government markets.

Posted via CB10
    They still have BES10 which is an important part of the security system. Although new MDM technology such containerization or virtualization is removing most of the advantage already.
    07-12-13 09:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much what I was going to say.
    07-12-13 09:25 PM
    M2M...want to see where we are going...this is a hint:
    Machine to Machine (M2M) Solutions | OMA
    scroll to bottom and click on "Current Members" tab under Members banner.

Apologies if already posted.
    I'm going to try and read some of this site over the enxt few days. Looks like we should all know about this tech.
    DragonFlyer, CDM76 and rarsen like this.
    07-12-13 09:38 PM
    Pretty much what I was going to say.
    Containerization: Apps run isolated in an encrypted container, communicate with services using an encrypted channel, store encrypted data to be used offline.

Vritualization: Apps run in the server, the device is a dumb receiver, just send input data (taps on the screen or keyboard) and receive images on the screen via an encrypted channel, no data is in memory or stored in the device. It can't be used offline.

The underlying OS is irrelevant.
    07-12-13 09:42 PM
    Just chiming in quick. I'm drunk, camping and there are 5 BlackBerry owners, 4 iPhone owners, and two feature phone owners. Not a bad ratio.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:42 PM
    Just chiming in quick. I'm drunk, camping and there are 5 BlackBerry owners, 4 iPhone owners, and two feature phone owners. Not a bad ratio.

Posted via CB10
    Sell like hell!

...and enjoy your camping...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:43 PM
    They still have BES10 which is an important part of the security system. Although new MDM technology such containerization or virtualization is removing most of the advantage already.
    Yes but is the OS is open source any chance at being secure is gone. No matter if BIS or BES and regardless of the MDM software being used. No open source software is anywhere near as secure as a controlled software package.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    07-13-13 12:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Now sell those BlackBerry owners on BB10 and then work on the 2 feature phone owners. The iPhone users will so badly want to be 'cool' and part of the group that they will just follow the others. LoL

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 12:25 AM
    Doesn't change the fact that the price for the Z10 was dropped to $99.
    Alright guys. I don't get it. Some carriers/distributors lowered their sale price for Z10 attached with a contract. How's that I'm fed up reading over 3 pages about this?
    So, before you ask about best buy (2 days ago news). This was my TW response. Applies now as well.

We must learn to stop echoing these [too early to write mean word]
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000777.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-13 01:35 AM

Sorry but no. Bottom up security can't match with that.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-13-13 01:48 AM
    The underlying OS is irrelevant.
    Just.lol.
    It's off topic so I won't discuss it here. Suffice to say that if it wasn't about the os, all devices could be certified secure with an add-on.
    Now BES10 allows kinda sandboxing that creates safe networking for specific data. That doesn't make the device / os secure. Just isolate safe work from unsecured environment.

Edit : for BES over Ios and Android, it DOES allow offline work, for emails, calendar and contacts for example.

Let's not jump on that "secure enough" thing.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-13-13 at 03:16 AM.
    take99, bungaboy, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    07-13-13 02:01 AM
    About devices showing up. Had a random meeting yesterday :" so you choose the Z over the Q ? My boss did too but I can't do with no keyboard "

Their whole company is BB. Now migrating devices to bb10. I had to give some information about BES10 though... he was surprised to learn about free upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 02:20 AM
    Alright, I swared my wife this was going to be a "off duty" weekend.
    ... but couldn't resist lol ...
    Latest thoughts : Why I was and still am confident . - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    See ya soon
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    07-13-13 06:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure where you are camping but watch out for the BEARS!

Some of my youngest memories are camping with my grandparents and smelling coffee and bacon early in the morning! What a great time we had. It should be required for all to spend a few nights out under the open sky!

Have a great weekend.
    07-13-13 06:31 AM
    Since I'm in a gloom and doom mood regarding my choice to buy BBRY, I'll quit posting in this thread. I don't understand people buying stock and only wanting to hear good news. To all those who accuse me of only posting negative, read back through the thread. You'll see that attitude started on the 28th. Bye now.
    07-13-13 06:55 AM
    JLagoon: the amount of time you spend oh your charts w/ BBRY you may want to look at a healthy name to understand tech analysis a bit more.

BBRY is trading on who the f knows what but its not rationale & trying to make sense of it has become an exercise in futility.

Run comparable charts on Nortel & you'll have a different perspective on this name.
    07-13-13 07:49 AM
    Yes but is the OS is open source any chance at being secure is gone. No matter if BIS or BES and regardless of the MDM software being used. No open source software is anywhere near as secure as a controlled software package.

Posted via CB10
    The more open and simple a security schema is, the more secure it is. Open source software that is broadly used in security contexts is more secure than equivalent closed source software.

Why? Because open and simple source code can be examined by millions of people in the world to find vulnerabilities. Closed source code is just studied for a couple of guys.

Security by obscurity (closed source) is not security. System can be reverse engineered or the source code can be filtered by employees from the company. Do you think the govberment will base its security in the hope that BlackBerry employees don't filter the code to third parties? That is naive.

The encryption algorithms and the software that runs most of the security communication in the world are open source.
    07-13-13 08:51 AM
    suddenly the crackberry website is coming up as mobile on my home pc. Black background and white lettering and I hate it. What happened? Can I change this back somehow? Thank you
    07-13-13 09:01 AM
    suddenly the crackberry website is coming up as mobile on my home pc. Black background and white lettering and I hate it. What happened? Can I change this back somehow? Thank you
    This seems to happen randomly to people - you should find a "go to desktop" button somwhere - it will either send you to the desktop version or... not.
    07-13-13 09:13 AM
    Elop on being the alternative to Android/iOS:

"Strategically that's important for us [to be offering an alternative OS] because having a conversation with [chief executive] Ralph de la Vega at AT&T, the first step in the conversation is the recognition that we're not Apple, we're not Samsung/Android - used to be Android/Samsung, it's actually about Samsung now - we're a third alternative.

"And as an operator he wants to negotiate with different people and keep pressure on everybody and have the best range of options, he wants that third alternative. So strategically we have an opening with AT&T and every other operator in the world - because we've taken that path as the third ecosystem.

"Now, it's hard - it's very difficult because we are starting as a challenger, we're having to build that credibility; but with partners like AT&T we're gaining that traction . But it was the right decision. You look at a number of other Android providers right now and they're in a tough spot."

Whether Windows Phone has definitely staked its claim as the third ecosystem ahead of BlackBerry should become clear on Thursday, when Nokia will announce its second-quarter results. That will bring figures for handset shipments. In its latest quarter to the end of May BlackBerry shipped 6.8m handsets; if Nokia can beat that (and the forecasts from analysts are that it has: they're putting the figure at between 7m and 8m handsets) it will begin to have credibility as the third ecosystem. Certainly there will be more Windows Phone 8 handsets out there than BB10 handsets; however there could be some way to go to beat the 75m BlackBerry subscribers worldwide, as Windows Phone has only shipped about 30m handsets in total.
    Elop explains: why Nokia didn't choose Android to replace Symbian | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-13-13 09:15 AM
113,256 ... 15351536153715381539 ...