Verizon doesn't say anything about pre-owned:
    The New BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Just says $99 with new contract.

Same at AT&T:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=08aw55DQ

So, what am I missing here?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    07-12-13 03:55 PM
    At this point where is the floor say until next earnings? Somewhere in the 8s would be my guess. So whats the point for me personally to sell at this point? Another buck and a half isnt a big deal anymore to me, i am hoping for something like large bbm download numbers or a partnership/takeover rumour to take the Sp to around 12 at which point I could see myself stomaching the loss and selling a large portion of my shares, depending on how things look at that time.
    I totally agree. As much as I hate to say BlackBerry will go down sub $9, but with every thing that has occur the past two weeks and no positive news (as you indicated) the SP slowly going down. Can us long wait 6-12 months and hope for TH plans come thru?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:58 PM
    $99 is the current price on both AT&T and Verizon.

$49 for a reconditioned device is a web only special at AT&T - wonder how many returns there really were?
    Go have a look at the Best Buy Canada Auction website. reconditioned iPhones, HTC and Samsung's up the wazoo.
    07-12-13 03:58 PM
    Only for pre-owned refurbished phones.
    I see you were thanked 3 times and liked twice for putting out the wrong info. Not what this thread needs.
    07-12-13 04:01 PM
    Go have a look at the Best Buy Canada Auction website. reconditioned iPhones, HTC and Samsung's up the wazoo.
    Doesn't change the fact that the price for the Z10 was dropped to $99.
    07-12-13 04:02 PM
    I see you were thanked 3 times and liked twice for putting out the wrong info. Not what this thread needs.
    People make mistakes. He made one. Please move on. In fighting over something like this is not what this thread needs either.

Thanks,
    C

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 04:07 PM
    Inlaws visiting, haven't been able to post as much. Checking in regularly.
    Is M8 still around here? Missed seeing his posts.
    I'm resigned to holding this stock for at least a minimum of 18 months and then
    I will reassess. The SP right now is not holding as much sting as it did when we hit the $9 range.
    IF we hit $8 I will add slightly.
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    07-12-13 04:08 PM
    Verizon doesn't say anything about pre-owned:
    The New BlackBerry Z10 | Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

Just says $99 with new contract.

Same at AT&T:
    BlackBerry Z10 - Black cell phone from AT&T

So, what am I missing here?
    You are missing this.

BlackBerry Z10 - Black (Certified Like-New) cell phone from AT&T
    bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    07-12-13 04:10 PM
    Why are you so consistently negative on BlackBerry? This thread was good before you arrived and will be the same when you are gone. Give it a break for a bit will you please?

Thanks.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-12-13 04:15 PM
    Doesn't change the fact that the price for the Z10 was dropped to $99.
    Nonsense! Utter nonsense. Stop it. Please.
    07-12-13 04:16 PM
    Why are you so consistently negative on BlackBerry? This thread was good before you arrived and will be the same when you are gone. Give it a break for a bit will you please?

Thanks.
    I don't think I am negative. Heck, I bought the darn stock. But I'm trying to be a realist. If all the majority of the posters on this thread want happy, happy, then fine. But real news is what investors should want, not some contrived crap that leads to getting our collective butts handed to us like happened on the 28th.
    07-12-13 04:18 PM
    Nonsense! Utter nonsense. Stop it. Please.
    Really???? Look it up.

Set Your Location
    07-12-13 04:19 PM
    Inlaws visiting, haven't been able to post as much. Checking in regularly.
    Is M8 still around here? Missed seeing his posts.
    I'm resigned to holding this stock for at least a minimum of 18 months and then
    I will reassess. The SP right now is not holding as much sting as it did when we hit the $9 range.
    IF we hit $8 I will add slightly.
    Sounds like a good plan! We just need some positive news, like some big companies accepting the Q10, and buying BES10. My company (govt) will upgrade to the Q/Z 10, just taking time.

M8 mentioned he is taking time off for a bit, and will be back soon (nothing to do w stocks). A lot of us miss him and Lcjr on here, but they should be back soon.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-12-13 04:20 PM
    +1 to my ignore list!
    07-12-13 04:20 PM
  15. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Regarding dollar cost averaging, don't average every 5%. Wait for bigger slides.

I bought in at the high 9s last. I'm waiting for the low 8s or high 7s.

People that DCA on 5% swings spend more on commissions and have no money left if the stock drops 50%.

Posted via CB10
    Um, if you are waiting for $8, why don't you sell, put the money in a cash account and buy back in? Very few (even in this echo chamber) expect much positive movement this summer. It's all about "wait till next quarter (or 2, or 3 quarters)". Wait for the A10. Wait for BES 10 to take off. Wait for M2M. Wait.

eg 10000 shares bought at $9.9. In for $99000)
    sell at 9.24 (get out $92400)
    In August when it hits your $8, buy back in (92400 / 8 = 11500 shares). Assume the broker gets a couple percent either way. call it 5% total. you end up with 10925 shares.

It also gives you a month or so to stare at that 90K (or whatever) cash and decide whether BBRY is the best place for it.

This is a corporation, not your brother-in-law with a sure fire scheme that your wife will "reward" you for supporting.
    07-12-13 04:22 PM
  16. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    Good. I didn't realize that they didn't have sales goals before. What sales position doesn't have concise targets? If they aren't met, there had better be a good reason or you're gone. It worked like that when I was a retail store manager. If targets are missed in 3 consecutive months, you could be replaced. Made sure the management spent time training staff on pk and sales technique.
    Since we are armchair CEOing, I'll play too. Some respond to carrots, some to sticks. Go to the library and pull any title on behavioral modification for the past 40 years to see which is generally more effective in getting people to excel. I'll wait.

Presumably your senior execs have a certain amount of intrinsic drive that can be encouraged instead of just threatening to fire them for factors that may largely be beyond their personal control. Not everyone decided on the selling price for the Q5 for example...
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-12-13 04:41 PM
  17. shadowy banger from a shadowy duplex's Avatar
    The phone price cut is only for the pre-owned phones. Check att and verizon site; no price slash.
    You are incorrect. ATT and Verizon both have new Z10s at $99.

The interesting thing here to me is whether starting at $99 would have helped BBRY fortunes at this point. Let's be generous and assume they sold 1 million Z10s in the US. Also assume that $60 of that $100 extra price ($199 vs $99) made its way do BBRY bank account.

This would be 60 million USD "loss". Of course presumably the $99 on the sticker (yes, I know that is for suckers that cannot understand the true cost of the phone over 2 years) would have boosted sales, reducing this "loss". These increased sales may have had started a virtuous cycle of more sales, perhaps more app support, more sightings on subways, in other words more mind share.

Could have, should have. Hindsight is 20/20 but this one was hard not to spot. Now it just smacks of desperation. We'll see if BBRY learned anything for the next release. Hopefully they have. The Q5 is still entering some big markets.

We will see.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    07-12-13 05:27 PM
    The returned iPhones, HTCs, and Samsungs could cover Canada, but that does not help BBRY in the least since: 1) BBRY has shipped only 3,7 mil BB10 units and each returned unit is, therefore, a bigger seback; and 2) if there are refurbished units of bestsellers like iPhone, S3, 4, etc, it will drive the value of refurbished BB10 units further and make them that much harder to sell.

07-12-13 05:46 PM
    You are incorrect. ATT and Verizon both have new Z10s at $99.

The interesting thing here to me is whether starting at $99 would have helped BBRY fortunes at this point. Let's be generous and assume they sold 1 million Z10s in the US. Also assume that $60 of that $100 extra price ($199 vs $99) made its way do BBRY bank account.

This would be 60 million USD "loss". Of course presumably the $99 on the sticker (yes, I know that is for suckers that cannot understand the true cost of the phone over 2 years) would have boosted sales, reducing this "loss". These increased sales may have had started a virtuous cycle of more sales, perhaps more app support, more sightings on subways, in other words more mind share.

Could have, should have. Hindsight is 20/20 but this one was hard not to spot. Now it just smacks of desperation. We'll see if BBRY learned anything for the next release. Hopefully they have. The Q5 is still entering some big markets.

We will see.
    Don't know why it smacks of desperation...seems to me they are opening room for another higher priced product. I don't disagree that this will (should) provide a catalyst to boost sales.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    07-12-13 05:54 PM
    I don't understand people who come onto this thread for the sole purpose of bashing either bbry or other posters. What is the point? Is there some cheap thrill to it or?? Maybe its just the beer talking but this act is getting a little old....heres an idea: start your own 'I hate bbry and want to ***** about it thread'. Then you can all be together and stop making the rest of our screens fill up with garbage. I need another beer...
    07-12-13 06:12 PM
    if all else fails.. this company gets bought out and we dont all suffer massive losses, correct?
    07-12-13 06:13 PM
    if all else fails.. this company gets bought out and we dont all suffer massive losses, correct?
    All depends on your average price, however there is no guarantee it won't drop further. Personally I am hoping support level is near lol.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-12-13 06:28 PM
    Bater�as, Bacterias, Tomatoes, Tomatos...
    Well . . . . if Bugmapper don't know his bacterium who does?
    Bugmapper and dusdal like this.
    07-12-13 06:29 PM
    I don't understand people who come onto this thread for the sole purpose of bashing either bbry or other posters. What is the point? Is there some cheap thrill to it or?? Maybe its just the beer talking but this act is getting a little old....heres an idea: start your own 'I hate bbry and want to ***** about it thread'. Then you can all be together and stop making the rest of our screens fill up with garbage. I need another beer...
    My point exactly.

My ignore list grew exponentially today.
    07-12-13 06:32 PM
    I am sure some of us are quite frustrated with the stock action. I just want to post another perspective with a daily chart and a weekly chart, because, personally, I am trying to understand, if there is anything more concrete, other than speculating on the news. I hope, Morgan and anyone else who could be of help understanding this will chime in.

Before anyone replies with "funny posts" here, I am not trying to find a magic number or anything. I am trying to understand how the market functions, when huge volume of shares were traded in a short amount of time.

The chart:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-12-6.45.27-pm.jpg

--------------------------------------------
    There are 425 million floating shares.

ER was on 6/28, and 136 million shares were traded. The combined volume from 6/28 to 7/8 were 262 million shares.
    AGM was on 7/9, and 29 million shares were traded, 31 million on 7/10, 17 million on 7/11, and 12 million on 7/12 (today).
    Everything combined results in 322 million shares.
    We are on the 10th day after the 6/28 drop.

A very similar drop happened on 12/21 right after ER. 149 million shares were traded on 12/21.
    459 million shares were traded in 10 days, including the 12/21 drop.
    It took 13 trading days (541 million shares), before there was a break out on 1/11/2013 (111 million shares).

--------------------------------------------

Of course, in January, there was an anticipation to the launch on 1/31, but the negative sentiment was pretty much the same.

Now, what is still simmering in my mind is that there are 425 million floating shares. If we consider 7/9 (29.8 M), and 7/10 (31.1 M) as a wash, because of stop loss triggering on 7/10 for those, who bought on 7/9, and only count the volume up to 7/8/2013, then so far, 262 million shares were traded. Of course, there are some shares that are traded back and forth everyday, but the majority of the shares were already bought. 262 million is 61% of 425 million. 163 million shares are left--ok, not exactly, because HFT, day traders, and swing traders trade some amount back and forth. And we have 184 million shorted shares by 6/28/2013.

So, other than waiting for good news as catalyst to cause the price to go up, is it right to think that there are much less floating shares out there to buy or short, which would cause the SP to go up naturally? Where did the hundreds of million of shares go? Retail investors could not have been the buyers in the 6/28/2013 drop. Did the 262 million shares include the covered 184 million shorted shares--if shorts did cover at all?

I am sorry for any grammatical error or any vagueness in my sentences, but I think, you could understand what I have in my mind.
    07-12-13 06:52 PM
113,256 ... 15341535153615371538 ...