View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    07-12-13 01:30 PM
    Good. I didn't realize that they didn't have sales goals before. What sales position doesn't have concise targets? If they aren't met, there had better be a good reason or you're gone. It worked like that when I was a retail store manager. If targets are missed in 3 consecutive months, you could be replaced. Made sure the management spent time training staff on pk and sales technique.
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    07-12-13 01:45 PM
    Which carrier is going to be paying Apple 23 billion in non-sales fees for not selling thier agreed to iPhone numbers?

With carriers doing that its no wonder BB phones don't get love. Their sales people are trying to knock out iPhones to reduce paying fees.

BB is going to have a hard time overcoming that
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    07-12-13 01:49 PM
    I saw that VZW cut the Z10 to $99 a few days ago. That AT&T cut their price more than half is surprising and a bit bothersome.
    07-12-13 01:55 PM
    Only for pre-owned refurbished phones.
    I saw that VZW cut the Z10 to $99 a few days ago. That AT&T cut their price more than half is surprising and a bit bothersome.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    07-12-13 01:57 PM
    Which carrier is going to be paying Apple 23 billion in non-sales fees for not selling thier agreed to iPhone numbers?

With carriers doing that its no wonder BB phones don't get love. Their sales people are trying to knock out iPhones to reduce paying fees.

BB is going to have a hard time overcoming that
    Added with Samsung's money being thrown at carriers as well. It is a conundrum as the carriers need a viable third ecosystem, but at the same time, they're the ones who have locked themselves in by bowing down in order to sell the iPhone. Mainly Verizon and Sprint committed huge to Apple.
    07-12-13 01:59 PM
    What does that article mean leaf?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:06 PM
    Just had a crazy thought. What if..... BlackBerry took all the time, energy, and cash they are spending on the USA market and spent it on other major markets. would BlackBerry be MORE popular in the other markets thereby creating positive buzz that would work it's way into the USA market? I'm not suggesting not selling in the USA, just don't waste the time, energy, and money there.

Drastic times call for drastic action.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 02:12 PM
    I finally got my Q10 from Costco and loving it!! the price of the Z10 is now 1(one)cent for a verizon contract on costco's website. 49.99 at AT&T. 179.99 at t-mobile. All 2 year contracts. Q-10 still not on the website.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-12-13 02:13 PM
    $99 is the current price on both AT&T and Verizon.

$49 for a reconditioned device is a web only special at AT&T - wonder how many returns there really were?
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-12-13 02:16 PM
    07-12-13 02:17 PM
    $99 is the current price on both AT&T and Verizon.

$49 for a reconditioned device is a web only special at AT&T - wonder how many returns there really were?
    Every phone has returns. My Gf returned the iPhone and got a Z10. I put absolutely no pressure on her to do that. She just likes it better.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 02:17 PM
    "Will Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY), soon to be officially called BlackBerry Limited, ever make a recovery. One columnist thinks it just needs to return the BlackBerry brand to what it was once: a business-focused brand which dominated the 15 percent of the mobile phone market which belonged to smartphones back in its heyday."

Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Should Go Back To Its BlackBerry Roots
    07-12-13 02:21 PM
    The price cut at AT&T and Verizon seems like a rational move.

It puts the pricing in line with Lumia 920 and SGIII iphone 4S. Both of which I think it stands favorably with.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 02:35 PM
    The promotion sale of Z10 was initiated six (6) week ago in Costco for VZW. $49.99 for existing customer who renews 2 year contractor and $0.0 for new customer with two year contract.
    Why is so supprised?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 02:38 PM
    The price cut at AT&T and Verizon seems like a rational move.

It puts the pricing in line with Lumia 920 and SGIII iphone 4S. Both of which I think it stands favorably with.
    The REAL problem is that AT&T and Verizon will not be ordering any more for a long time. They are trying to get rid of their stock.
    danprown likes this.
    07-12-13 02:46 PM
    That may be. Hopefully this picks up with the new marketing and price drop.
    07-12-13 02:56 PM
    Old and grumpy. NVM.
    07-12-13 02:56 PM
    Strangely after the ER, I've been seeing more BB10 devices around the financial district in downtown Toronto. Either a coincidence or something is happening. On the train this morning, two different people had Z10s on top of an iPhone. My guess was that they were work phones which are updated. The Q10 seems popular around the older crowd from what I've seen. Small sample, but still good to see.
    Ditto, on the trains going home from Downtown Toronto - I've seen wild z10s and q10s. I take the train from the DT core, close to U of T campus all the way back to the furthest east of the line (Bloor line --> LRT ---> U of T Scarborough Campus) .... Wild z10s are propping. Not many, but they are making their way in - and not all of them are held by corporate/enterprise users - I have seen youths (18-26 yrs.) carrying them around.

Cheers!
    CDM76, leafs123, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    07-12-13 03:10 PM
    ^^ This and the above, absolutely.
    Again, this is nowhere a stock investor advice.
    My personal guts (and some time spent to evaluate their plan) leads me to believe that they will succeed.
    I didn't want to mislead anyone in my previous answer (and I hope I've been cautious enough) by revealing what my motivation was, more likely explain that I could make sense (but thanks to the above, I'm challenging this right now).

(edit) It wasn't defensive move ...
    I know this will sound rude to many.
    Call me blind, dreamer, fanatic; I might deserve it in full.
    I'm still planning a $100 party by Feb 2016 (OP + 5 yrs).
    And ... this is nowhere something I can prove and won't suggest to take as an advice nor a prophecy.
    That's only the way I feel.
    I'm biased. I admit. (but I treat myself !)
    I'd like to join as well if at all possible =). My GF would love paris, I don't see a better reason to see France than to party BBRY's success!
    bungaboy, rarsen and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-12-13 03:11 PM
    If this drops below 9, I might just have to swallow my massive loss. I really have no idea what to expect. SOMEBODY GIVE ME THE LIGGGGGHT. hah. :/

just see so much potential tho with this company to atleast reach 18 bux.
    I know what you mean kid, just don't know where the SP will go. With no positive news, or PR work done here soon, sub $9 is possible. I think we have close to the same amount invested , so I know how yah feel. Hoping for the best.

Posted via CB10
    take99 and bungaboy like this.
    07-12-13 03:13 PM
    We didn't get the reversal confirmation for the yesterday hammer candle. Given that today is Friday, it didn't really help for much movement. The 15 minute chart shows that we left the blue wedge, but just barely. There were 5 million less volume than yesterday. It does seem that selling has been exhausted. Hopefully, next week will be a strong week for whatever reason (good news, TA bounce, etc.)

15m:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-12-4.21.35-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-12-4.12.32-pm.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-12-4.05.16-pm.jpg  
    07-12-13 03:33 PM
    Whew . . . . cry wolf. LoL
    07-12-13 03:36 PM
    At this point where is the floor say until next earnings? Somewhere in the 8s would be my guess. So whats the point for me personally to sell at this point? Another buck and a half isnt a big deal anymore to me, i am hoping for something like large bbm download numbers or a partnership/takeover rumour to take the Sp to around 12 at which point I could see myself stomaching the loss and selling a large portion of my shares, depending on how things look at that time.
    07-12-13 03:37 PM
    That price cut isn�t good. It goes from cutting the price from $199 to $99 to no longer being on the shelves. Again, unless you know about the device and ask for it, and know that you won�t be talked out of your purchase by any of the other shinny devices or the salesperson who can�t be bothered to get something in the backroom...

We might be looking at the same trajectory as the HTC First. This kind of move towards price cuts also doesn�t bode well for the A10... if the mobile carriers throw in the towel on your new device, why will they take a flyer on the next product you try and launch.
    Price cut isn't a good thing, but if you look at subscriber count where it could potentially translate to revenue or bargaining power back in blackberry hands, more developer willing to build apps and increase blackberry Exposure isn't a bad thing
    07-12-13 03:47 PM
113,256 ... 15331534153515361537 ...