View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    But I think you know what you are doing with your money Superfly. Just suggesting that caution should be used, and that anyone wanting to invest really should do their own research and not listen to me or anyone else in a public forum. I'm half empty on BBRY at this point and your half full, but neither of us really knows.
    ^^ This and the above, absolutely.
    Again, this is nowhere a stock investor advice.
    My personal guts (and some time spent to evaluate their plan) leads me to believe that they will succeed.
    I didn't want to mislead anyone in my previous answer (and I hope I've been cautious enough) by revealing what my motivation was, more likely explain that I could make sense (but thanks to the above, I'm challenging this right now).

(edit) It wasn't defensive move ...
    I know this will sound rude to many.
    Call me blind, dreamer, fanatic; I might deserve it in full.
    I'm still planning a $100 party by Feb 2016 (OP + 5 yrs).
    And ... this is nowhere something I can prove and won't suggest to take as an advice nor a prophecy.
    That's only the way I feel.
    I'm biased. I admit. (but I treat myself !)
    07-12-13 10:54 AM
    My personal guts (and some time spent to evaluate their plan) leads me to believe that they will succeed.
    I didn't want to mislead anyone in my previous answer (and I hope I've been cautious enough) by revealing what my motivation was, more likely explain that I could make sense (but thanks to the above, I'm challenging this right now).

And ... this is nowhere something I can prove and won't suggest to take as an advice nor a prophecy.
    I will still be there, doesn't matter to me what the date is.
    07-12-13 10:58 AM

(edit) It wasn't defensive move ...
    Not rude at all.
    My wife is still asking when the trip to Paris I promised her is gonna happen, I told her it is still gonna happen, just a bit later is all.
    07-12-13 11:00 AM
    Hi K,

Thanks for pointing that out.

We will look into this and see if we can determine what happened. If we discover anything, we will post a note on the graph, although not every "Unusual" trend can be explained.

Thanks,

Niall Heaney
    ---
    StatCounter Global Stats

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:21:10 +0100, <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Name: k
    > Company:
    > Email: [email protected]
    > IP Address:
    > Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; Trident/6.0; Touch)
    >
    > hello,
    > can you look in to this link which I think that something is really wrong the way each line is up and down against each competition.
    > StatCounter Global Stats - Browser, OS, Search Engine including Mobile Market Share
    > -- END --
    07-12-13 11:16 AM
    It seems the stock is holding in the 9's. This could be a great time to average down but I am still suggesting that we hold until the SP starts showing some bounce in the northerly direction. Yes, you need to keep watching the shorts. We will have to watch what is happening over the next couple of months. I was glad to see a few exec's take the door. This should wake up a few others. Over the coming 3 to 6 months we should see the software side start to take traction with the big companies and governments. All my research is telling me that we will have to wait until calander year end to get a clearer view on where the SP is going. I wish THOR would call me to help plan the launch of the A10. We all know they need to make a big splash with the A10. At least when they launch the A10 there will be more apps ready from the start unlike the Z10 launch. It will also be very interesting to see how the open BBM will be leveraged to generate $$$. I'm keeping the faith. Keep clicking on the Net Flicks ads until we get the app and tell all your friends to upgrade to Z10/Q10. Already thinking about cold beer by the campfire tonight. FYI - I put my picture turned to represent the fact that I look at things a little differently than most. Not saying that's a good thing but merely just the way I am. Wishing you all a great weekend.
    07-12-13 11:25 AM
    Regarding dollar cost averaging, don't average every 5%. Wait for bigger slides.

I bought in at the high 9s last. I'm waiting for the low 8s or high 7s.

People that DCA on 5% swings spend more on commissions and have no money left if the stock drops 50%.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:28 AM
    Likely already reported but Seeking Alpha says

AT&T and Best Buy have slashed the BlackBerry Z10's (BBRY -1.1%) subsidized price to $49 amidst weak U.S. sales, and Verizon has cut its price to $99. News of the price cuts comes shortly after the WSJ reported BlackBerry recently fired its U.S. sales chief, and Thorsten Heins put the blame for the Z10's soft U.S. launch on poor sales/marketing efforts and training.
    kfh227, take99, psy fi and 1 others like this.
    07-12-13 11:52 AM
    Likely already reported but Seeking Alpha says

AT&T and Best Buy have slashed the BlackBerry Z10's (BBRY -1.1%) subsidized price to $49 amidst weak U.S. sales, and Verizon has cut its price to $99. News of the price cuts comes shortly after the WSJ reported BlackBerry recently fired its U.S. sales chief, and Thorsten Heins put the blame for the Z10's soft U.S. launch on poor sales/marketing efforts and training.
    I wonder who will fill that position. Ya gotta be pretty freaken crazy to take that job.
    Bugmapper and psy fi like this.
    07-12-13 11:59 AM
    Hope Morgan and LCJR return soon.
    07-12-13 12:04 PM
    I support BBRY and I still have my shares !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-chickenlittle.png
    07-12-13 12:08 PM
    About time they dropped the price on the Z10. They are in competition with the Nokia Lumia phones as well as the iPhone and Androids. So BBRY needs to price themselves competitive to the Nokia.

Also this opens up a price point for the A10 to come back in and fill the $199 spot.
    07-12-13 12:11 PM
    I support BBRY and I still have my shares !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChickenLittle.PNG 
Views:	468 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	181901
    Yeah my whole board is red right now. It must be Friday. Time to walk the dog.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 12:14 PM
    Yeah my whole board is red right now. It must be Friday. Time to walk the dog.
    What the dog? LoL
    07-12-13 12:17 PM
    I wonder who will fill that position. Ya gotta be pretty freaken crazy to take that job.
    Actually, there is a much bigger upside. How could it get any worse? LoL
    07-12-13 12:20 PM
    Q10 BlackBerry smartphone arrives in Colombia

BlackBerry launched the BlackBerry smartphone Q10 for Colombia, which comes with more advanced hardware in communication and multimedia features.

The Q10 smartphone, released in Colombia with BlackBerry physical keyboard and a touch screen that facilitates communication more quickly and efficiently. It also has a long-term bacteria that lets you be in action all day.

The equipment will be available in Colombia through operators from July 19.

"We are thrilled with the arrival in Colombia Q10 BlackBerry smartphone. Just as the recently launched BlackBerry Z10 that, it also offers a faster and smarter experience that constantly adapts to those who always want to be hyper-connected. It has the power of BlackBerry 10 and is designed for you to continue in motion, whether at work or play, "said Scott Hingley, Director of the Andean region of the Canadian company.

smartphone BlackBerry Q10 llega a Colombia | Noticias Bogota y Colombia | Emisora Radio Santa Fe 1070 am en vivo
    07-12-13 12:36 PM
    What the dog? LoL
    "Does your dog bite "

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-12-13 12:42 PM
    BB10 IS NOT QNX, it started with the basic QNX kernel. And yes some of the OS that are based on QNX are able to run with very little power and with very basic hardware.

But an OS for a Mobile Device is very complicated, and BBRY even said that they had to "paste" some of the BBOS into it to make it do what they needed. Based on power usage and hardware requirements, I'd say that the OS could use quite a bit of optimization. But they were running out of time and a 1-1/2 year delay was already more than they could afford. There might be a lot of room for future growth... but based on the PlayBook being "killed", I'd say that they aren't anywhere close to the optimization needed to reduce the hardware requirements.

So they aren't going to be able to build entry level devices with BB10, until entry level devices are using dual cores and 2GB of RAM.
    BlackBerry has so many users in the low end segment, It's a shame they can't build a BB10 entry level device. Nokia is having a big success with their Lumia 520, maybe Windows Phone will reach the critical mass to be a credible third platform thanks to the low end, and not to an hero device.

Updated: May be close to 11%. Lumia 520 propels Nokia to its highest smartphone market share in UK since April 2011.

AdDuplex: Nokia Lumia 520 now the most popular Windows Phone | WMPoweruser
    07-12-13 12:49 PM
    Q10 BlackBerry smartphone arrives in Colombia

The Q10 smartphone, released in Colombia with BlackBerry physical keyboard and a touch screen that facilitates communication more quickly and efficiently. It also has a long-term bacteria that lets you be in action all day.

The equipment will be available in Colombia through operators from July 19.

smartphone BlackBerry Q10 llega a Colombia | Noticias Bogota y Colombia | Emisora Radio Santa Fe 1070 am en vivo
    This is ridiculous! Why didn't we get long-term bacteria with our BlackBerry devices in Canada!?!
    07-12-13 12:53 PM
    The phone price cut is only for the pre-owned phones. Check att and verizon site; no price slash.
    07-12-13 12:54 PM
    If this drops below 9, I might just have to swallow my massive loss. I really have no idea what to expect. SOMEBODY GIVE ME THE LIGGGGGHT. hah. :/

just see so much potential tho with this company to atleast reach 18 bux.
    07-12-13 12:57 PM
    This is ridiculous! Why didn't we get long-term bacteria with our BlackBerry devices in Canada!?!
    LOL ... isnt google translate amazing!
    dusdal and CDM76 like this.
    07-12-13 01:03 PM
    Strangely after the ER, I've been seeing more BB10 devices around the financial district in downtown Toronto. Either a coincidence or something is happening. On the train this morning, two different people had Z10s on top of an iPhone. My guess was that they were work phones which are updated. The Q10 seems popular around the older crowd from what I've seen. Small sample, but still good to see.
    07-12-13 01:06 PM
    May want to pass. Although it sounds like a good kind of bacteria.
    07-12-13 01:06 PM
    May want to pass. Although it sounds like a good kind of bacteria.
    Bater�as, Bacterias, Tomatoes, Tomatos...
    07-12-13 01:18 PM
    That price cut isn’t good. It goes from cutting the price from $199 to $99 to no longer being on the shelves. Again, unless you know about the device and ask for it, and know that you won’t be talked out of your purchase by any of the other shinny devices or the salesperson who can’t be bothered to get something in the backroom...

We might be looking at the same trajectory as the HTC First. This kind of move towards price cuts also doesn’t bode well for the A10... if the mobile carriers throw in the towel on your new device, why will they take a flyer on the next product you try and launch.
    07-12-13 01:18 PM
113,256 ... 15321533153415351536 ...