View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There was a thread with leaked specs last December (I think) and it was rockin a quad core, 1080P and all the goodies.

On another front...this is old(er) but I can't help but think in 24-36 months real revenues will become substantial. I know...tired of the 24-36 month speak but hey, it's a new platform, new management, new vision and things take time:
    BlackBerry 10 Service Revenue Begins to Take Shape with New M2M Service | The Gadget Masters
    bungaboy, psy fi and jxnb like this.
    07-11-13 07:28 PM
    Well i hate giving bgr page hits but...

BlackBerry A10 Revealed For The First Time In Exclusive Photo | BGR

Can someone tell me how bbry expects to sell a 5 inch phone with a dual core processor and a 720p screen? And I dont care if the performance is as good this phone needs some swagger! Thor please if you're listening....spec this thing up!
    BlackBerry Phablet 'Aristo' Getting Upgraded Specs Before Release? - N4BB
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 07:35 PM
    In an interview last year, Thor said that BlackBerry was "not interested in getting into the specs race because that's not what BlackBerry is all about "

Let's see if they have changed their tune on that. To be fair, I would guess that 99% of the general population couldn't tell you what is in their phone. And most probability don't care

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 07:50 PM
    IMHO, I really hope it is not a dual core phone regardless how smooth it is.
    07-11-13 08:12 PM
    From Bla1ze in another thread

You're not getting a 1080p screen.

5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    BlackBerry OS 10.2
    8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    MicoUSB, HDMI
    2800mAh Battery
    802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    07-11-13 08:14 PM
    From Bla1ze in another thread

You're not getting a 1080p screen.

5" OLED/HD/WXVGA, 1280X720, 24 bit color, S Stripe Pixel Arrangement, 295PPI
    BlackBerry OS 10.2
    8MP Rear Camera with Flash, 5X 2MP Front Camera
    MicoUSB, HDMI
    2800mAh Battery
    802.1b/g/n - HotSpot
    NFC/DLNA/MicroSIM

And that's all I'm willing to give up... right now... cause there's different versions.
    Personally, I would be OK to live without 1080P, with that spec come Nov, it can't be a dual core phone and the camera would need at least be 13M to compete with the S4 or new iPhone 5S/6.

I can only hope they knock this one out of the park regardless how smooth the OS and no sub par spec as that will be a blow to general users if they look to steal user from other platform
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    07-11-13 08:23 PM
    I don't know if you guys follow Gary Klassen on twitter but he's the inventor of BBM and principal architect at BlackBerry. He recently moved to Sweden and presumably will be working at the TAT aka BlackBerry Sweden offices. I really hope they have some major stuff in the works if we can assume he's moving there for work, and he needs to be there first hand.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:32 PM
    and I wonder how many iPhones Verizon will commit to next year. Tough times ahead for Apple on the horizon with Verizon.
    Even so, I have been actively watching (phone peeper) peoples phones, and 80-some-odd-percent are iPhone 4S. Why? Because they got them free with contract, and the jump to 5 and $150 was not worth it.

I believe that BlackBerry is about to do the same thing with the Z10. In fact, it is a no-brainer post 'A10' launch that this will allow BlackBerry to increase sales of the Z10 during this quarter. Expect much larger device numbers come December folks!
    07-11-13 08:45 PM
    In My Opinion.
    I think BlackBerry has a few different versions of the A10 up and running and the A10 we see come to market first is going to depend on apps. We all have a pretty good idea now of what is needed to run BB10 now in terms of specs. These specs have no problem running any app that has been developed at this time. I would think that BlackBerry is in the process of getting test models out to different developers with different specs to see what the developers may be interested in offering. If there is no big power hungry apps being sent BlackBerrys way then there is no reason to put out a device that can handle those non existent apps. Don't forget they need to launch better devices next year. If BlackBerry does get some interest from some big name developers to pump out some huge apps I'm sure BlackBerry will be more than happy to pump out a device that can handle them. They definitely have the OS to handle them.
    Now for the screen. It would appear that it will definitely be a 5" screen. I see that some people are complaining about the screen resolution like it's low quality or something. I'm no tech geek but I will guess it is exactly what it needs to be. Any hard core gamer will tell you the highest quality screens are no good for playing games on. Take the MacBook Pro for example. It is not a gaming laptop because of the screen, there is enough power under the hood to be a gaming laptop, just not on that display. The display is definitely great for looking at high resolution pictures, nothing beats it, but I think BlackBerry is looking for the A10 to do a lot more than just look at pictures.
    That in a nut shell is what I think is going on at the present time, but there is definitely a good chance I'm wrong. I have no inside information, I'm not a developer, I don't design hardware, I'm just an investor who is trying to make sense of it all.

On a side note I'm looking for some opinions on the new Razer Blade 14" and the new Razer Blade Pro 17.3" laptops.
    07-11-13 09:14 PM
    In My Opinion.
    I think BlackBerry has a few different versions of the A10 up and running and the A10 we see come to market first is going to depend on apps. We all have a pretty good idea now of what is needed to run BB10 now in terms of specs. These specs have no problem running any app that has been developed at this time. I would think that BlackBerry is in the process of getting test models out to different developers with different specs to see what the developers may be interested in offering. If there is no big power hungry apps being sent BlackBerrys way then there is no reason to put out a device that can handle those non existent apps. Don't forget they need to launch better devices next year. If BlackBerry does get some interest from some big name developers to pump out some huge apps I'm sure BlackBerry will be more than happy to pump out a device that can handle them. They definitely have the OS to handle them.
    Now for the screen. It would appear that it will definitely be a 5" screen. I see that some people are complaining about the screen resolution like it's low quality or something. I'm no tech geek but I will guess it is exactly what it needs to be. Any hard core gamer will tell you the highest quality screens are no good for playing games on. Take the MacBook Pro for example. It is not a gaming laptop because of the screen, there is enough power under the hood to be a gaming laptop, just not on that display. The display is definitely great for looking at high resolution pictures, nothing beats it, but I think BlackBerry is looking for the A10 to do a lot more than just look at pictures.
    That in a nut shell is what I think is going on at the present time, but there is definitely a good chance I'm wrong. I have no inside information, I'm not a developer, I don't design hardware, I'm just an investor who is trying to make sense of it all.

On a side note I'm looking for some opinions on the new Razer Blade 14" and the new Razer Blade Pro 17.3" laptops.
    Nice post and well said

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 07-11-13 at 09:29 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 09:19 PM
    Want to do that too but I'm on the fence on whether I should put anymore in BBRY.
    I totally understand your concerns, but if you can get your price in the single digit, even better... Note, I'm just telling you my idea *

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    07-11-13 09:26 PM
    I totally understand your concerns, but if you can get your price in the single digit, even better... Note, I'm just telling you my idea *

BBM CHANNEL C000EF854 < bbry stocks*C0004ABC9<Pin friends meet
    Lol of course. Won't be able to bring down by average by that much, maybe by a full dollar. At this point, I think I'm gonna hold. Might look at another company to add some shares. Was looking at Groupon which is in a similar price range as BBRY and has had a fantastic run lately.
    FastLane228 likes this.
    07-11-13 09:31 PM
    Just browsing through, Vine App is working on being available on other platforms, didn't specify Blackberry... I really hope this app makes it on BB.
    07-11-13 11:11 PM
    Just browsing through, Vine App is working on being available on other platforms, didn't specify Blackberry... I really hope this app makes it on BB.
    I just sent a request to them through the ' Give Me That App! ' app. It works great.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    07-11-13 11:36 PM
    Lol of course. Won't be able to bring down by average by that much, maybe by a full dollar. At this point, I think I'm gonna hold. Might look at another company to add some shares. Was looking at Groupon which is in a similar price range as BBRY and has had a fantastic run lately.
    I'm a noob but isn't it kind of late when groupon already have a fantastic run? Granted, it could be like Google where the SP seems to just keep going up.
    07-12-13 01:00 AM
    If this is true. BlackBerry needs to make a commercial that takes advantage of this asap:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...16599379_n.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...tion-user-data

How ironic lol

Last edited by Tinomane; 07-12-13 at 01:51 AM.
    07-12-13 01:32 AM
    And you guys wonder why carriers don't push other phones?

Thursday, July 11, 2013, 09:33 am PT (12:33 pm ET)
    Verizon could owe Apple $14 billion off iPhone sales shortfall

By Kevin Bostic
    Verizon has sold more than 10 million iPhones over the last several months, but a new report finds that the nation's largest carrier could still wind up owing Apple billions of dollars for failing to meet expectations.

verizon

Apple's iPhone has been selling more slowly than expected, thanks to the high-end smartphone market becoming somewhat saturated. A report from Moffett Research looked at the numbers and estimated that Verizon might wind up owing Apple up to $14 billion if it doesn't effectively double its iPhone sales from last year, according to the LA Times.

In 2010, Verizon reportedly agreed to $45 billion in purchase agreements through the end of this year. By Moffett's estimate, most of that money is due to Apple since Apple is one of the only manufacturers with the sway to require a purchase commitment of this fashion.

“It is likely that Apple would be reluctant to simply ignore these commitments, since many other carriers around the world are probably in a similar situation, and a simple amnesty would set an unwanted precedent,” the report reads. “It is therefore unrealistic to think that Apple won’t extract some consideration for renegotiating these shortfalls.”

In the fourth quarter of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013, Verizon shifted more than 10 million iPhone units, with many of those being the more expensive iPhone 5. In order to meet its estimated sales commitment to Apple, Verizon would have to sell $23.5 billion worth of iPhones in 2013, or twice its 2012 iPhone sales.

Representatives from both Verizon and Apple have declined to comment on the Moffett report's contentions.

Verizon could owe Apple $14 billion off iPhone sales shortfall
    rarsen, bungaboy, psy fi and 3 others like this.
    07-12-13 01:41 AM
    If this is true. BlackBerry needs to make a commercial that takes advantage of this asap:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...16599379_n.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...tion-user-data
    This could be the catalyst required to bring mobile security into the spot light. Although given that BIS no longer exists for BB10 devices (and one key decodes all encrypted communication) BlackBerry's data may also have been monitored by the NSA.

BlackBerry 's new marketing slogan could be "It's time to put security and privacy first!"
    abouthsu and bungaboy like this.
    07-12-13 01:53 AM
    No - there is a preponderance of evidence at this stage that individual consumers either don't know, aren't interested or simply don't care - if they did do you think the surveillance state would have grown to the size it is?

The same applies to stories about android malware.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-12-13 03:01 AM
    No - there is a preponderance of evidence at this stage that individual consumers either don't know, aren't interested or simply don't care - if they did do you think the surveillance state would have grown to the size it is?

The same applies to stories about android malware.
    Heard on the radio that Americans didn't care about the NSA things ... either democrats or republicans.
    The follow-up was "but many (governments/unions) outside of the U.S.A don't agree with this model to be exported as the 'normal' situation".
    As exposed some pages ago, "our" (Europe) governments do have the right to ear/read/spy whatever ... Provided it is requested by injonction and targeted to one (group of) person(s) implied in a reprehensible behavior.

I believe Americans would react differently if this "big ears" thing was banned outside U.S.A and only targeted among them ...
    Bugmapper, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    07-12-13 04:56 AM
    Heard on the radio that Americans didn't care about the NSA things ... either democrats or republicans.
    The follow-up was "but many (governments/unions) outside of the U.S.A don't agree with this model to be exported as the 'normal' situation".
    As exposed some pages ago, "our" (Europe) governments do have the right to ear/read/spy whatever ... Provided it is requested by injonction and targeted to one (group of) person(s) implied in a reprehensible behavior.

I believe Americans would react differently if this "big ears" thing was banned outside U.S.A and only targeted among them ...
    The average American is dealing with not having a job or other economic problems right now. They DO care about the "NSA Things" but it is not on the top of their list. It is part of our government's plan to simply stall and lie about what it is doing until things are cooled. Our government has enjoyed the freedom to do as it wishes and we are working on changing that. Hope you do not think that your government is any better.

Blackberry's surposed security is not going to make them fly off the store's shelves !
    07-12-13 05:20 AM
    I'm a noob but isn't it kind of late when groupon already have a fantastic run? Granted, it could be like Google where the SP seems to just keep going up.
    I'm pretty novice myself as well. Gotta dig more into it. Either it goes up or pulls a BBRY and goes back down.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:59 AM
    Good news? Interestingly, he's got the highest PT at the moment I believe, since Misek went down to $18.

His PT is $20.

Analyst bullish on BlackBerry because of cross platform BBM | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by leafs123; 07-12-13 at 07:33 AM.
    Kid Vibe, bungaboy, psy fi and 2 others like this.
    07-12-13 07:15 AM
    Really? Nobody?

Okay... I'll say it...

Green!
    07-12-13 07:33 AM
    My big concern about the A10 is simple. If it doesn't have great specs, why would people switch from Apple and Samsung? While I completely agree that most people don't understand specs, the sales people love to throw them out at customers.
    bungaboy and sparkaction like this.
    07-12-13 07:35 AM
113,256 ... 15291530153115321533 ...