1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I had a momentary lapse earlier. Balls of steel are back

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:36 PM
    Would you mind showing the candle that is a hammer? I am clueless on this.

Cheers.
    Hi dusdal; it is the last small green candle on the daily chart. It looks like a box with a string hanging on its bottom side. For it to be a hammer, the length of the string (wick) needs to be, at least, twice the body (candle). And it is in this case.
    bungaboy, spike12, dusdal and 1 others like this.
    07-11-13 03:40 PM
    07-11-13 03:41 PM
    Actually, I was thinking that this was more realistic data than the GS stuff. It shows a slow steady adoption of BB10, but nowhere near the typical iPhone surge. (Marathon vs. Sprint and all that) Also, it hints at a declining overall user base. Maybe this data is more in line with actual market conditions? Not saying it is correct, just throwing it out there as potentially less Koolaide induced information.
    Yes it is hard to work out what it actually says without some other key bits of data - because it's telling us the percentage amongst user of each OS - so if blackberry overall user base shrank by (numbers out of thin air) by say 300,000 but they sold 50,000 BB10 devices, they would show B10 devices share ramping up rapidly...
    07-11-13 03:45 PM
    Yes it is hard to work out what it actually says without some other key bits of data - because it's telling us the percentage amongst user of each OS - so if blackberry overall user base shrank by (numbers out of thin air) by say 300,000 but they sold 50,000 BB10 devices, they would show B10 devices share ramping up rapidly...
    Also, I wonder if BB10 being more functional on the internet, that each BB10 device generates more hits than the older BBOS's , and thus appears to generate more traffic with fewer phones sold.

Yes, it is BB10 share of just BB data, not total market. So just migration rate. Clearly shows slow adoption compared to iPhone. And, as they say in report, there are a ton of iPhones compared to BBs so the number of BBs sold is quite modest. (i.e. each BB10 sold has a much larger % impact on adoption than each iPhone 5 sold... and it is still showing only modest growth.)

It could be my personal perception, but I suspect that this shows the difference between Apple's consumer market share (rapid migration) versus Blackberry's corporate/government market share (slow migration).
    cjcampbell and rarsen like this.
    07-11-13 04:08 PM
    Hi folks, that was a nice day. Efficient meetings, stock green... cool!
    Now, some family time... time to take care of Madam super

Remember Thor words. Profits are for the end of 2014. Fiscal 2014.
    Be patient, do not over expose your financial situation. Stay humble, we know the opponents are strong. Very strong. Heins claims to stick to the plan, that plan I supported back in Feb 2011.

I stand to my plan. I'm not waiting, just... patient.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 181621
    bungaboy, cjcampbell and abouthsu like this.
    07-11-13 04:20 PM
    Holy! Did we just finish green?

Posted via CB10
    Not in Trwanna.
    07-11-13 04:22 PM
    And we are closed...

https://www.facebook.com/ViralVines

Best facebook page ever... Cheers!
    07-11-13 04:24 PM
    I know huh. I had to clean my glasses twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
    When in doubt . . . . . . more shrooms.
    leafs123, cjcampbell and spike12 like this.
    07-11-13 04:24 PM
    I had a momentary lapse earlier. Balls of steel are back

Posted via CB10
    I thought I could hear the clanging . . . . . .
    rarsen likes this.
    07-11-13 04:26 PM
    Hi dusdal; it is the last small green candle on the daily chart. It looks like a box with a string hanging on its bottom side. For it to be a hammer, the length of the string (wick) needs to be, at least, twice the body (candle). And it is in this case.
    Or in terms that I can understand . . . . . a Fred Flinstone Hammer.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-11-13 04:27 PM
    Ya, small losses for q2 and q3. Q4 should show a profit though.

Since my tax benefit thread in this investment forum was locked, I'll ask here... can someone provide evidence on if the tax break is quarterly or annual?

If quarterly, this is a $11b+ company right now.

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg likes this.
    07-11-13 04:28 PM
    So, according to chitika BlackBerry has 0.7% of market share in north america, and is down from 1.39% in just six months?
    If BB10 is 15.5% of the BlackBerry traffic, then BB10 is just 0.1% of north america. I don't see how this could be good news.
    07-11-13 04:32 PM
    So, according to chitika BlackBerry has 0.7% of market share in north america, and is down from 1.39% in just six months?
    If BB10 is 15.5% of the BlackBerry traffic, then BB10 is just 0.1% of north america. I don't see how this could be good news.
    We've been mixing oranges with carrots lately. That we must not do again. Bandwidth consumption is NOT Device volume, we must refrain the comparison, IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 04:37 PM

Since my tax benefit thread in this investment forum was locked, I'll ask here... can someone provide evidence on if the tax break is quarterly or annual?

Posted via CB10
    Not clear, but looks like an annual filing. They could be accruing it by quarter but I don't know.

SR&ED Filing Requirements Policy

6.0 Determining the reporting deadline for an SR&ED claim
    6.1 SR&ED reporting deadline
    A claimant's SR&ED reporting deadline is the last day for which a prescribed form containing prescribed information (see section 4.0) in respect of the expenditure or investment tax credit (ITC) is required to be filed:

the reporting deadline to file Form T661 for an SR&ED expenditure is 12 months after the claimant's filing due date (see section 5.0) for the year in which the expenditure was incurred; and
    the reporting deadline to include an ITC earned in respect of an SR&ED expenditure on Schedule T2SCH31 or Form T2038(IND) is also 12 months after the claimant's filing due date for the year in which the expenditure was incurred.
    For an illustration of the difference between the filing due date of a return and the SR&ED reporting deadline, please refer to section 5.0.

If the SR&ED reporting deadline happens to fall on a Saturday, Sunday, or a public holiday recognized by the CRA, the filing deadline is extended to the next business day. Some recognized public holidays are specific to a province or territory. For a detailed listing of public holidays recognized by the CRA, please refer to the CRA Web site.
    07-11-13 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure. I keep hearing about it being a yearly thing but didn't they get a good tax rebate in Q4 as well?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 04:38 PM
    I'm not sure. I keep hearing about it being a yearly thing but didn't they get a good tax rebate in Q4 as well?
    Yes.
    07-11-13 04:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's annual. My company makes use of the SR&ED credit.
    07-11-13 04:41 PM
    Ok so maybe it's that specific credit. Are there others they receive quarterly or biannually or at some other interval?
    07-11-13 04:43 PM
    Can it not be accrued o a quarterly basis and shown on FS? Then claim and receive payments within 6-18 months of year end?
    07-11-13 04:44 PM
    here in NY, I see more BBOS devices than i do BB10.
    07-11-13 04:48 PM
    here in NY, I see more BBOS devices than i do BB10.
    Well ya... one has been on sale for over 10 years, the other a little over 4 months.... I'd expect that.
    07-11-13 04:50 PM
    They should have income tax recovery based on operating losses for this quarter and the future 2 or 3.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 04:54 PM
    Well ya... one has been on sale for over 10 years, the other a little over 4 months.... I'd expect that.
    Go to the front of the class.

Looks like the ignore list may take on a new life.
    07-11-13 04:56 PM
    Can it not be accrued o a quarterly basis and shown on FS? Then claim and receive payments within 6-18 months of year end?
    I'm not an accountant but what I know is that the rebate is received in full in a single cheque.
    07-11-13 04:58 PM
113,256 ... 15271528152915301531 ...