View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think my personal opinion of bbry has hit rock bottom so hopefully the stock price has as well. I'm not sure how much more negative I can stomach...
    I think we my have. We are now 30%+/- above our lows in Sept. Then, they had no new product or services. They were all "coming soon" and many believed it wouldn't happen. Now that they are out there, and selling (not tons mind you but selling none the less), BES10.1 is ready for use beyond beta, and they have hit their savings target as well as continue to roll out new devices, it's kind of hard to believe we are even here. As much as some would like to drive it down further, I don't think the market will allow it as it can see value and, although risky, a good opportunity ahead.
    07-11-13 02:33 PM
    The above weekly analysis shows an increasing trend for BlackBerry 10 in terms of its share of North American BlackBerry Web traffic. During the final week of the study, the average Web usage from continental Z10 and Q10 users was 15.5% of overall traffic from all BlackBerry devices. This represents a substantial increase from our previous study on the Blackberry Z10, which found Z10 traffic totaling 5.3% of overall BlackBerry traffic 20 days following its U.S. debut. The Q10, BlackBerry�s subsequent BlackBerry 10 offering, debuted in the U.S. on June 5, 2013 as noted in the above graph.

The slight hiccup in the trend between the weeks of May 10 and May 17, 2013 was due to a 43% increase in traffic from non-Blackberry 10 devices, including the BlackBerry Playbook, during that time span. Further analysis unveiled that this traffic was highly localized in the state of Florida, likely due to the large gathering of BlackBerry customers in Orlando, Florida for the annual BlackBerry Live conference.

Despite the increase in traffic share from BlackBerry 10 devices, the overall traffic share from BlackBerry users has declined. Over the length of this study, BlackBerry-based ad impressions accounted for an average of 0.7% of total mobile Web traffic on the Chitika network. Six months back in December 2012, Blackberry contributed to about 1.39% of total mobile traffic. With these trends in mind, BlackBerry will have to maneuver quickly and intelligently if the company is to remain competitive in the handset marketplace.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1000x1056xblackberry10_july1.png.pagespeed.ic.djn_fzgg4e.jpg
    bungaboy, take99, spike12 and 5 others like this.
    07-11-13 02:35 PM
    Welcome to CB and the forum.

I'm pretty sure we all are aware of the reasons why they went with the contract they did. Apple had/has power and can command these types of dealings. What they didn't foresee was the drop in iPhone sales to have occurred on such a level that would end up costing them billions in order to comply with the contract minimums. This has forced them to concentrate on pushing iPhones as a company mandate over the past while in order to minimize this loss and money's owed. I don't work for them in any capacity so I cannot say for a fact that it was mandated but it should have been. As was stated by ibpluto, and a couple of us yesterday, it really does help explain why a relatively low seller would be put on the backburner in order to sell what is simply needed in order to cover loss.
    I wonder if that is playing into Verizon's potential entry into Canada by buying Wind and Mobilicity? We could be a dumping ground for iPhones on Verizon.
    rarsen likes this.
    07-11-13 02:36 PM
    Canucks Fans here for the past 10+ years. I feel the same too that the rebuild is inevitable. Tough renewing the account with them this year. Glad to know there is another 604 in the house here.!! =)
    Haha! That's good I think :-) I get abuse for having BlackBerry shares (phone) and being a Canucks fan (LONG time fan)

Will be a interesting year for Canucks fan this year. Like BlackBerry, I am hoping for the best now, and in the future.

Cheers and good to know some of us have things in common other than BlackBerry shares/ products :-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and spike12 like this.
    Congratulations bungaboy on the 130,00. And I thought this thread was big.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and Bugmapper like this.
    I've got to get a job at an office or something. It's only 3:30 and I'm giving serious consideration to opening a beer.... lol
    07-11-13 02:37 PM
    I wonder if that is playing into Verizon's potential entry into Canada by buying Wind and Mobilicity? We could be a dumping ground for iPhones on Verizon.
    With the population here, and the combined market share of those two companies, they wouldn't be getting much, especially since they'd be assuming the contracts those two already have in place with Apple.
    07-11-13 02:38 PM
    I was thinking along similar lines... except that the Canadian market would help subsidize the US division with their $12billion shortfall. The probably see the big profits that the Canadian telcos make and would be quite happy to have the ability to milk the Canadians too.
    07-11-13 02:42 PM
    Does anyone know how we can find out if Prem or other insiders bought shares after the drop?
    He owns 9.99% so a reduction would not be reported till quarters end.

An increase would put him over 10% so that would be reported immediately.... I think it is a 3 day reporting requirement.

You would find this in the 13F filing.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 02:48 PM
    Just watched an interview with the Nokia CEO after their launch of the Lumia 1020 today and I found it interesting that the majority of the interview was focused on the hardware vs the WP8 software. Basically, he argued that with the great hardware, people will take on the software. I disagree with that point.

Can we please get Nokia and BB together? Would be a dream.
    That is really simple, he is trying to avoid the fact that he has no control over the software or significant updates - what is he going to say? 'Same old ****'
    07-11-13 02:49 PM
    Haven't we learned to ignore traffic data after last quarter?

It just confirming biases.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper, m1a1mg and OMGitworks like this.
    07-11-13 02:50 PM
    Another Chitika study showing the rate of adoption of BB10 over BBOS versus iPhone 5 over previous iPhone versions... from April.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-900x740xz10_iphone5_adoption_comparison.png.pagespeed.ic.ucholt78yp.jpg

As seen in the graph above, BlackBerry 10’s share of BlackBerry traffic has grown to 5.3% as of April 11th, 2013. This represents an approximate doubling in usage share since the Z10’s U.S. release 20 days prior. The launch of the smartphone on Verizon (Day 51) also coincided with the Z10’s largest sustained jump in usage share. As a comparison, North American iPhone 5 users generated 5.5% of all North American iPhone traffic 15 days after its release. While the iPhone 5 launched across multiple carriers in both the U.S. and Canada on September 21st, 2012, it is also worth noting that the total volume of BlackBerry traffic is significantly smaller than that of the iPhone, meaning that many more new iPhones were needed to impact overall share figures.

BlackBerry 10’s relatively steady rate of growth in terms of the BlackBerry ecosystem is a likely indicator that the company’s new operating system and hardware are not being rapidly adopted by BlackBerry’s existing user base. However, the Verizon launch seems to have slightly accelerated its growth, and the keyboard centric Q10 model, due to be released later this year, may appeal to long-standing BlackBerry users who value the tactile feedback of a physical keyboard. Additionally, promotional efforts on the part of the carriers, which were seen as lackluster on launch day, but have improved recently, could help boost BlackBerry 10’s long-term prospects.
    07-11-13 02:51 PM
    Congratulations bungaboy on the 130,00. And I thought this thread was big.
    Thanks. And I am wearing the new shirt now. LoL
    07-11-13 02:57 PM
    Just looked at my trading account for the first time since ER.

We eventually have to hit rock bottom and I think we are close to it. Unless there is no news coming out soon we might just have to sit back and wait for BBM and the BES10 to start rolling out! Probably going to take a breather from this stock, funny, the last 2 months I barely watched it and now, well, ya know. Good posts from you guys though, some insightful news.
    07-11-13 02:58 PM
    Haven't we learned to ignore traffic data after last quarter?

It just confirming biases.

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I was thinking that this was more realistic data than the GS stuff. It shows a slow steady adoption of BB10, but nowhere near the typical iPhone surge. (Marathon vs. Sprint and all that) Also, it hints at a declining overall user base. Maybe this data is more in line with actual market conditions? Not saying it is correct, just throwing it out there as potentially less Koolaide induced information.
    07-11-13 02:59 PM
    I've got to get a job at an office or something. It's only 3:30 and I'm giving serious consideration to opening a beer.... lol
    You're late!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-11-13 02:59 PM
    Holy! Did we just finish green?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 03:04 PM
    BTW, does anyone have any update on the Alicia Keys "Keep Moving" video... Did I totally miss it... Last time I heard, they were gearing up BB customers to upload their pics to be in her new video...

Also, if it means anything, BB's fanpage on Facebook is up to 28M. Earlier this year it was under 25...
    Last edited by Kid Vibe; 07-11-13 at 03:22 PM.
    07-11-13 03:04 PM
    You're late!
    nope... upon weighing the pros and cons... the pros won
    07-11-13 03:09 PM
    07-11-13 03:18 PM
    Finally some good new out of the US. Thanks man.
    bungaboy, spike12 and rarsen like this.
    07-11-13 03:24 PM
    Good hold today, let's see, if it could get out of the blue wedge tomorrow. Today candle is a hammer; indicating a reversal. It needs a confirmation tomorrow.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-11-4.22.45-pm.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-07-11-4.25.20-pm.jpg
    07-11-13 03:26 PM
    Thanks. We need all the good news we can get.

cjcampbell, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    07-11-13 03:28 PM
    Finally some good new out of the US. Thanks man.
    I know huh. I had to clean my glasses twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.
    07-11-13 03:34 PM
    Good hold today, let's see, if it could get out of the blue wedge tomorrow. Today candle is a hammer; indicating a reversal. It needs a confirmation tomorrow.

30 minute:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-11 at 4.22.45 PM.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	181598

Daily:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-11 at 4.25.20 PM.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	181599
    Would you mind showing the candle that is a hammer? I am clueless on this.

Cheers.
    robot_ca likes this.
    07-11-13 03:34 PM
113,256 ... 15261527152815291530 ...