View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well I'm thinking one of two things here. 1, we've hit bottom, or very close to, or 2, people are simply not going to pay attention to Faucette anymore. Based on his "checks" we should have had a large drop today, but have, for the most part, held fairly even with a relatively small spread.
    jxnb, psy fi, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    07-11-13 01:19 PM
    Well I'm thinking one of two things here. 1, we've hit bottom, or very close to, or 2, people are simply not going to pay attention to Faucette anymore. Based on his "checks" we should have had a large drop today, but have, for the most part, held fairly even with a relatively small spread.
    I vote for #1
    cjcampbell, jxnb, Compaqee and 2 others like this.
    07-11-13 01:21 PM
    I vote for #1
    I actually would like both to be true
    DragonFlyer, Compaqee and bungaboy like this.
    07-11-13 01:24 PM
    So much negativity since the last ER, that BB10 can't see past it. This has to die down soon, and BB needs to market market market.

The last ER was not as bad as it is being made out to be. The Bears are taking this oppourtunity to jump on this stock hard to see how far they can drive it down. How can a stock be worth less than the sum of its parts this badly?
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-11-13 01:25 PM
    Both actually.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    07-11-13 01:26 PM
    Just watched an interview with the Nokia CEO after their launch of the Lumia 1020 today and I found it interesting that the majority of the interview was focused on the hardware vs the WP8 software. Basically, he argued that with the great hardware, people will take on the software. I disagree with that point.

Can we please get Nokia and BB together? Would be a dream.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 01:28 PM
    Shocking stuff. I may stop using outlook all together. I really wish BB would bring back the BB domain emails.

Revealed: how Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages | World news | guardian.co.uk
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 01:31 PM
    Green lol

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 01:33 PM
    Does anyone know how we can find out if Prem or other insiders bought shares after the drop?
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 01:42 PM
    and we wonder why carriers are not supporting Blackberry

Apple may face iPhone shortfall at Verizon - MarketWatch

I'm sure such agreements exist with Samsung and Windows as well. I seriously doubt BB has any such leverage with the carriers. Its also strange the carriers would enter into such binding agreements.
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and bondary like this.
    07-11-13 01:51 PM
    Does anyone know how we can find out if Prem or other insiders bought shares after the drop?
    I don't know. Try asking him. Does anyone have his email? I wonder if he would respond.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 01:52 PM
    I don't know. Try asking him. Does anyone have his email? I wonder if he would respond.
    Fairfuxnut may know...
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 01:57 PM

Apple may face iPhone shortfall at Verizon - MarketWatch

I'm sure such agreements exist with Samsung and Windows as well. I seriously doubt BB has any such leverage with the carriers. Its also strange the carriers would enter into such binding agreements.
    and I wonder how many iPhones Verizon will commit to next year. Tough times ahead for Apple on the horizon with Verizon.
    07-11-13 01:57 PM
    Or maybe we could just call him. I don't have his number.

07-11-13 02:06 PM
    Decent day so far. $CDN is making a sad day out of my BB.TO though !
    07-11-13 02:07 PM
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but all the hype we had prior to earnings - the stat counter up ticks, the more 'reliable' channel & sales checks seemed to all suggest that BBRY had made great progress in its turnaround.

But come after the ER, stat counter is tipping down, Kantar is dipping down....what gives?
    Well for beginners the stats counter and sales channel checks are more current than the ER numbers. The ER numbers were from a month prior but the others were not. So IF BlackBerry can keep going for this quarter( sales wise) then we SHOULD see some decent numbers. And THAT is probably why TH is not commenting too much..... he knows better numbers will be reflected asap

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-11-13 02:10 PM
    Shocking stuff. I may stop using outlook all together. I really wish BB would bring back the BB domain emails.

Revealed: how Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages | World news | guardian.co.uk
    Totally puts an end to their Scroogled campaign... lol
    07-11-13 02:10 PM
    Decent day so far. $CDN is making a sad day out of my BB.TO though !
    Ya... the Canadian dollar has been on the rise this week. Kind of screws us in instances like this.
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    07-11-13 02:11 PM

[url=http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apple-may-face-iphone-shortfall-at-verizon-2013-07-11] Its also strange the carriers would enter into such binding agreements.
    I'm guessing that Verizon didn't volunteer to buy all of those iPhones. Remember that AT&T wasn't one of the top networks before the iPhone and Apple had to renegotiate the exclusivity deal with AT&T in order to add Verizon. At the time it was either get the iPhone or lose a lot of customers.
    Bugmapper and CDM76 like this.
    07-11-13 02:17 PM
    07-11-13 02:21 PM
    I think my personal opinion of bbry has hit rock bottom so hopefully the stock price has as well. I'm not sure how much more negative I can stomach...
    07-11-13 02:23 PM
    I'm guessing that Verizon didn't volunteer to buy all of those iPhones. Remember that AT&T wasn't one of the top networks before the iPhone and Apple had to renegotiate the exclusivity deal with AT&T in order to add Verizon. At the time it was either get the iPhone or lose a lot of customers.
    Welcome to CB and the forum.

I'm pretty sure we all are aware of the reasons why they went with the contract they did. Apple had/has power and can command these types of dealings. What they didn't foresee was the drop in iPhone sales to have occurred on such a level that would end up costing them billions in order to comply with the contract minimums. This has forced them to concentrate on pushing iPhones as a company mandate over the past while in order to minimize this loss and money's owed. I don't work for them in any capacity so I cannot say for a fact that it was mandated but it should have been. As was stated by ibpluto, and a couple of us yesterday, it really does help explain why a relatively low seller would be put on the backburner in order to sell what is simply needed in order to cover loss.
    bungaboy, DragonFlyer and rarsen like this.
    07-11-13 02:25 PM
    From the article

'and the CEO recently announced BlackBerry may discontinue its PlayBook tablet to focus entirely on its smartphone business'

Do they even realize bbrys business model?
    cjcampbell and spike12 like this.
    07-11-13 02:26 PM
    Totally puts an end to their Scroogled campaign... lol
    Scroogled? I've been NSAed. LoL
    cjcampbell likes this.
    07-11-13 02:28 PM
    I know what you mean. I brought back again at $10 yesterday and look where it is.

Stay with hockey, your Leafs should be better this year. My Canucks are on the decline I think. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Canucks Fans here for the past 10+ years. I feel the same too that the rebuild is inevitable. Tough renewing the account with them this year. Glad to know there is another 604 in the house here.!! =)
    07-11-13 02:29 PM
113,256 ... 15251526152715281529 ...